OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JapanTokei

were these promo types or something?  if you look at the auction pictures, the back sticker on the hucard case doesn't have a price on it.  all huey card cases does.. makes me think.

and... wow, something Tat's never seen in RL?  shit, now it makes me feel foolish for not even trying to place a single bid!

/600x450-2012011100029.jpg

the final bid price went for ~$150 bucks usd when shipped.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/21/2012, 10:18 AM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/21/2012, 09:53 AMI have been looking for one of these for ages!
Lol, mee too. and believe me, I've never came across one in RL.

Opethian

IMG
damn I want that system card! this is all I was able to get this week :(
IMG

Joe Redifer

You got Last Resort?  Wow your haul this week sucks.  :)

blueraven

Quote from: Opethian on 01/22/2012, 12:01 AMIMG
What is the top right NEC game?

Mathius

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/21/2012, 09:47 AMand here was one ultra-rare goodie that got too expensive which I let go. 
Boxed System Card 2.0.   went for 10,000 yen+...

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x202313330?u=;hernel_japan
/600x450-2012011100028.jpg
Yeah, saw that, wanted that. But it's hard to justify the price, especially when I have at least a dozen loose system cards lying around.

JapanTokei

Ope - I loved the FireBird (火の鳥)  famicon game as a kid..  it was so unique, that bearded dude throwing up blocks.. kinda platform and kinda strategic game, brings back memories. 

and yes, I think all of us wanted that System card.  but at that price, and as Samurai noted, we prob all have tons of systems cards so effectively we would be paying $140+ for the jewel case... damn.  but it doesn't make it less desirable...

about 3 months ago I saw a long rumored (and boxed!) LT to SCD connector on sale too.  that went for 35000 yen by itself.. man.  PCE rarities def cost us an arm and a leg these days.

SuperDeadite

@Tokei, sorry to burst your nostaliga bubble, but ope's pic is the MSX version of Hinotori.  Which is a completely different game from the famicom version.  MSX version is a vertical shooter with some quirky exploration.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JapanTokei

:(  .... they turned that into a shooter??   however still nice memories of the Famicom version :)

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/22/2012, 06:29 AM@Tokei, sorry to burst your nostaliga bubble, but ope's pic is the MSX version of Hinotori.  Which is a completely different game from the famicom version.  MSX version is a vertical shooter with some quirky exploration.

SuperDeadite

Yes and it's quite original, great game.  And to be fair, I think the MSX version came first.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/22/2012, 02:46 AMBut it's hard to justify the price, especially when I have at least a dozen loose system cards lying around.
Only a dozen??? that sucks.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Damn Ope, Last Risotto.. such a nice game. come in my arms, bro :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

Samurai, are you living in JP ?

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/22/2012, 02:46 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/21/2012, 09:47 AMand here was one ultra-rare goodie that got too expensive which I let go. 
Boxed System Card 2.0.   went for 10,000 yen+...

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x202313330?u=;hernel_japan
/600x450-2012011100028.jpg
Yeah, saw that, wanted that. But it's hard to justify the price, especially when I have at least a dozen loose system cards lying around.

Opethian

Quote from: blueraven on 01/22/2012, 01:00 AM
What is the top right NEC game?
Last Imperial Prince for PCFX
IMG

TheClash603

Is Spelunker on the MSX different than the Nintendo version?

I love that game, but have only played it on my NES/Famicom.  Hell, I even enjoy playing the not so good Famicom only Spelunker 2.

Tatsujin

Tatsujin

Some laphroaig and obeymoar singlers :)

/dsc0506v.jpg

nectarsis

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/22/2012, 08:52 PMSome laphroaig and obeymoar singlers :)
/dsc0506v.jpg
IS that a Dragon quest anime soundtrack, or?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/22/2012, 08:52 PMSome laphroaig and obeymoar singlers :)
/dsc0506v.jpg
must have bowmoar!!!!!! Risotto was ¥11000
IMG

PunkCryborg

so we're including out whisky purchases now in this thread??

Tatsujin

lol, what speaks against it? as long it is obey stuff :)

@nec: that's right. it's from the anime.

PunkCryborg

JapanTokei

TATS!  now you and I must meetup next time I'm in Tokyo for extended amount of time!  I'm a huge single-malt biatch too.. just started getting into it big time last year. 

I don't do the heavy peaty stuff like Laophroag or Bowmore.  but I love the Glenrothe stuff... man it's like honey.. expensive honey that is.. worth every drop too.. haha. 

just for this I will take a pic of my current 4 bottles in my closet being slowly enjoyed right now after I return home to Singapore..   
- Glenrothes 30 years vat edition
- Glenmorigie 18 years  (good shit)
- Glenmorigie 10 years (good for quick smooth drinking without hitting the wallet too bad)
- Highland Park 18 year single cask (not bad, but I think the Glenmorigie 18 is better).

I'm such a whiskey bitch I actually bought the specialized drinking/nosing glasses last time back in the US!

IMG

/dsc0506v.jpg

JapanTokei

and back to PCE topics.

happy to announce I find some goodies today in Sapporo!  must of these are dups I already have, so they'll end up as Fodder for trade/sale soon after I sort them out.  all are in super minty condition.  I love the MEgadrive Batman packaging from Sunsoft... sweet game.  I think they were trying to make the PCE version based off the same platform idea (at least it seemed so in the magazines back in the days), before they succesffuly cahnged it into the awesome maze format we all now love.

/drool.jpg

Opethian

HOLY HUCARDS BATMAN!!! nice! sunsoft has a great music team!!
IMG

JapanTokei

so fellas I'm here one more day at sapporo (I head off to the aiport at 4pm tomorrow JP time)..  in case some of you are dying for rare/desired titles, i saw a few today at the shop I found.  not bad at all - not cheap, but no where near ripoff prices.  if you're willing to cover the RT trainfare (920 yen) I would be happy to pick them up for you and mail it at the Tokyo post office before i head back to Singapore on Wed night. 

- Downtown Nekketsu (river city ransom) - 8800 yen (no spine). <-- not cheap but this rarely pops up.
- Mizu Kids (Liquid Kids) - 4800 yen   <-- I think this is a pretty fair price actually!  not sure why I didn't get it for myself... i'm not a huge platform fan I guess..
- Terraforming (no spine) - 4000 yen <--  avg price I think.  saw a complete with spine one listed on Ebay for $79.99. (~6150 yen equiv).
- one more minty Strider left (with spine) - 4500yen <-- price is pretty good.  I picked mine up for the same.

anyway, if any of you want these, gift-paypal me today your time.  I will check back noon mytime and head there if the case.  please add the train fare to the game price and postage.  I;m not sure how much WW economy JP media mail costs but I'm guessing since all these JP game guys on Ebay lists $6 USD, that should cover it. 

yen exchange rate = 77 yen to $1 USD btw.   send to satosu22mori@gmail.com

Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/23/2012, 08:56 AMand back to PCE topics.

happy to announce I find some goodies today in Sapporo!  must of these are dups I already have, so they'll end up as Fodder for trade/sale soon after I sort them out.  all are in super minty condition.  I love the MEgadrive Batman packaging from Sunsoft... sweet game.  I think they were trying to make the PCE version based off the same platform idea (at least it seemed so in the magazines back in the days), before they succesffuly cahnged it into the awesome maze format we all now love.

/drool.jpg

PunkCryborg

Tatsujin

BUT OF CURSE!

nice games there tokei and ela :)

Opethian

IMG

munchiaz

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

^ yeah i need to get a light gun still.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/24/2012, 12:55 AMHeck yeah Elemental Gearbolt! :D
What the heck is that! I have never seen that game before. :-k

BlueBMW

Its a light gun rail shooter / RPG by Working Designs... a really unique game IMO!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

if you get the light gun check out Project Horned Owl! lol
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/24/2012, 12:52 AMmy recent pick ups

IMG
Bare Knuckle 3 is so badass! Just played through it last night before bed.

munchiaz

^ yeah i played through it to, and got the bad ending. it was my first time beating it. I have played it a few times in the past, but never all the way through. I have played and beaten streets of rage 2 so many times i've lost count. SOR 2 is still a better game IMO, the music is just so well done in SOR2

SNKNostalgia

Elemental Gearbolt is very enjoyable with the Guncon. The music, graphics and feel of the game is great. I was able to get it mint for around $25 roughly 4 years ago on Ebay. I highly suggest adding this game to you PS1 collection. Project Horned Owl is also pretty fun. I have always liked the accuracy of the Guncon. The thing seems like it is 20x more accurate than a Genesis Justifier.

The only annoying thing about the Guncon is that the red button on the front keeps you from enjoying games like Time Crisis one-handed. I think you can find a pedal adapter that connects between the port for the controller input to simulate the red button on the front of the gun.

Ninja Spirit

Some pics From MAGFEST X earlier this month
2986109653794.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2986109653794

But wait...That's just the opening act.....now the main attraction..

FFV.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2986082653119
FF3-Famicom.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2986080093055

that's right, straight from the man himself...
lost: /2966905173694_n.jpg

Mathius

PunkCryborg

Thrift store haul
/img0146800x533.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: elabit on 01/24/2012, 08:52 PMThrift store haul
/img0146800x533.jpg
nice finds.  Do you guys find more sega stuff at thrift stores. I know i do.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

^ sega rep in here. What is EL. Viento?

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/25/2012, 01:45 AM^ sega rep in here. What is EL. Viento?
It's a action/platformer by wolfteam/telenet here's a play through of it.
Twice i've own it to i all ways did like the games renovation publish.
IMG

PunkCryborg

Tron I need that El Viento case! I only buy genesis games locally and that's the only one I haven't found the case for.

Samurai Ghost

Seeing lots of Genesis/Megadrive love lately which is awesome!
El Viento is pretty cool game. A solid action platformer with a cool setting and character design.
The Megadrive version is expensive but it's really reasonable to pick of the Genesis.  Definitely worth picking up!

JapanTokei

todays visit to the tokyo game store was rewarding, but left me totally out of cash now :(

/todays%20haul.jpg

been looking for complete Xak, Fray and Doraemon forever.  getting Wonderboy, Popful mail and a gem minty Downtown is added (but pricey) bonus.

Hoobs - In case ur wondering about my sanity after just trading my copy to you 4 months ago - i missed downtown too much!!  lol

JapanTokei

and btw I'm noticing a clear trend of PCE game title prices in Japan moving UP in my recent visit to the 2 stores b/t Sapporo and Tokyo.  looks like even the local sellers are realizing there is some worldwide PCE/TG collecting movement going on and raising their prices.  I didnt see any huge bargains this time and paid for instant gratification.. except Doraemon was a steal at 890 yen.  almost picked up a Asuka 120% for 600 yen too but forced myself to stay strict.  that was it.    and oh yea, there was a new Graduation 1 for 50 yen.. lol, but shit titles don't count.  hahah

TR0N

Quote from: elabit on 01/25/2012, 04:40 AMTron I need that El Viento case! I only buy genesis games locally and that's the only one I haven't found the case for.
Heh, its case is not going anywhere. My goal is to get most of the games again that i had before cib or loose on the genesis. Though that will depend on price and if it's easier getting it loose then cib.
IMG