The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/25/2012, 06:12 AMand btw I'm noticing a clear trend of PCE game title prices in Japan moving UP in my recent visit to the 2 stores b/t Sapporo and Tokyo.  looks like even the local sellers are realizing there is some worldwide PCE/TG collecting movement going on and raising their prices.  I didnt see any huge bargains this time and paid for instant gratification.. except Doraemon was a steal at 890 yen.  almost picked up a Asuka 120% for 600 yen too but forced myself to stay strict.  that was it.    and oh yea, there was a new Graduation 1 for 50 yen.. lol, but shit titles don't count.  hahah
Yeah, I've noticed prices are getting a bit higher, especially at game shops. Which is why I almost always buy everything online, as it isn't as bad.

JapanTokei

I'm noticing even YahooJP are having prices rising, though cheaper, yes.  the con to that is sometimes the conditions are random.. that's the pro of getting it in person I guess.

at this rate perhaps I should hold onto my sealed Bazarru instead of trying to sell it :)

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/25/2012, 06:49 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/25/2012, 06:12 AMand btw I'm noticing a clear trend of PCE game title prices in Japan moving UP in my recent visit to the 2 stores b/t Sapporo and Tokyo.  looks like even the local sellers are realizing there is some worldwide PCE/TG collecting movement going on and raising their prices.  I didnt see any huge bargains this time and paid for instant gratification.. except Doraemon was a steal at 890 yen.  almost picked up a Asuka 120% for 600 yen too but forced myself to stay strict.  that was it.    and oh yea, there was a new Graduation 1 for 50 yen.. lol, but shit titles don't count.  hahah
Yeah, I've noticed prices are getting a bit higher, especially at game shops. Which is why I almost always buy everything online, as it isn't as bad.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: TR0N on 01/25/2012, 06:45 AM
Quote from: elabit on 01/25/2012, 04:40 AMTron I need that El Viento case! I only buy genesis games locally and that's the only one I haven't found the case for.
Heh it's case is not going any where.My goal,is to get most of the games again that i had befor cib or loose on the genesis.Though that will depend on price and if it's easier getting it loose then cib.
I've found it's not really any more expensive to get genesis games CIB than it is to get them loose so I usually wait to find a nice complete copy but I couldn't wait for that El Viento any longer! Other Renovation games are sweet too, they had the best releases and packages in the US for Genesis back in the day.

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

Quote from: TR0N on 01/25/2012, 12:43 AM/pspandgennygame.png
TitS!  I gotta get me one of those.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Super D, next time you are in a H.O. you should look for something called a tripod

PunkCryborg

What came in the mail today  :D

/img0147800x5332.jpg

Go ahead and laugh at it but the Handy Boy is really badass!!

Joe Redifer

Some guy over at Sega-16 got the same exact items today, though his username is ELabit whereas yours is elabit so you must have some sort of doppelganger out there.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: elabit on 01/25/2012, 02:24 PMSuper D, next time you are in a H.O. you should look for something called a tripod
Illegal in Japan... :(

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/25/2012, 07:39 PMSome guy over at Sega-16 got the same exact items today, though his username is ELabit whereas yours is elabit so you must have some sort of doppelganger out there.
Couldn't be me I stay away from that place PCE all the way!

Senshi

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/25/2012, 08:20 PM
Quote from: elabit on 01/25/2012, 02:24 PMSuper D, next time you are in a H.O. you should look for something called a tripod
Why the hell would a tripod be illegal?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

munchiaz

Quote from: elabit on 01/25/2012, 06:11 PMWhat came in the mail today  :D

/img0147800x5332.jpg

Go ahead and laugh at it but the Handy Boy is really badass!!
i found the d-pad and button thing at a goodwill. to bad it didn't also have the screen and speakers.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Senshi on 01/25/2012, 09:00 PM
Panic ban after the accident... :(

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2012, 01:16 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/25/2012, 12:43 AM/pspandgennygame.png
TitS!  I gotta get me one of those.  8)
Amazon still has copys to sell at a low price.Though xseed isn't done yet publishing for the psp next up is,vanillaware grand knights history.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

grahf

Hudson bee!
It feels a little funny to hold, but it's good quality. The rubber contact pads on the inside are OEM Nintendo, just like the stock pad.

IMG

JapanTokei

damn, WTF is this pad!!?!?!  totally cool!  is this for the PCE?  drool/want if so!!!

Quote from: grahf on 01/26/2012, 10:15 AMHudson bee!
It feels a little funny to hold, but it's good quality. The rubber contact pads on the inside are OEM Nintendo, just like the stock pad.

IMG

Opethian

nah its for playing bomberman on SFC lol
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: TR0N on 01/26/2012, 01:07 AMAmazon still has copys to sell at a low price.
Thanks for the tip, my man!  One's on its way for only $27 shipped.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

That Bomberman pad looks like a cheap version of the Ascii Pad.  The Ascii Pad is awesome.  It uses almost all Nintendo OEM parts and even the buttons are interchangeable. I put the purple buttons in mine because I do like how the US pad has two concave and two convex buttons.  Plus I don't like the rainbow colors.  Crazy 90's Japan and their spastic colors/designs.

Bernie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/26/2012, 06:28 PMThat Bomberman pad looks like a cheap version of the Ascii Pad.  The Ascii Pad is awesome.  It uses almost all Nintendo OEM parts and even the buttons are interchangeable. I put the purple buttons in mine because I do like how the US pad has two concave and two convex buttons.  Plus I don't like the rainbow colors.  Crazy 90's Japan and their spastic colors/designs.
They did have some weird ass color schemes!!

nectarsis

FINALLY delivered after a week+ delay...thanks goes out to all those that bought games, you made part of this possible LOL

/e12d0d5e.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

munchiaz

nectarsis

thesteve

Senshi

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/25/2012, 09:18 PM
Quote from: Senshi on 01/25/2012, 09:00 PM
Panic ban after the accident... :(
Guess I missed that
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

roflmao

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/27/2012, 01:31 PMFINALLY delivered after a week+ delay...thanks goes out to all those that bought games, you made part of this possible LOL
I hear ya man...  We went through that sort of ordeal about a year ago.  Hopefully they will last a long, long time.

munchiaz

wish i had my own washer and dryer. I currently live in an apartment complex. No one cleans out there lint. It reminds of an episode of Hey Arnold. If anyone knows what I'm talking about then kudos to you.

Mathius

grahf

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/26/2012, 06:28 PMThat Bomberman pad looks like a cheap version of the Ascii Pad.  The Ascii Pad is awesome.  It uses almost all Nintendo OEM parts and even the buttons are interchangeable. I put the purple buttons in mine because I do like how the US pad has two concave and two convex buttons.  Plus I don't like the rainbow colors.  Crazy 90's Japan and their spastic colors/designs.
This one uses all OEM Nintendo parts as well. Even the gray circle around the buttons is the same. The D-Pad top texture is different though, but everything is interchangeable. This is pretty common for Nintendo's third parties.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

munchiaz

^ nice stuff. Heres my recent pickups. The Spriggan is so minty

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/28/2012, 12:10 AM^ nice stuff. Heres my recent pickups. The Spriggan is so minty
Spriggan is one of the best games ever.  On any system.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/28/2012, 12:10 AM^ nice stuff. Heres my recent pickups. The Spriggan is so minty

IMG
Haha I have Heady and world of illusions on my floor next to my genesis right now. Headys a really awesome game.

A_Locomotive

Got some new music in the mail today. I recently ordered a new LP by the band Old Man Gloom titled "Christmas Eve I & II + 6 + Live In NYC", its a combo of a 3 inch mini CD they released long ago and a Live set that was issued on a bonus disc only in Japan. Its a fantastic recording, I've got the 3 inch CD but this was the first time I've heard the live set. Well worth the money I spent. Oh and to top things off the distro I ordered it from threw in 3 free albums with it, "Alter" by the band Knut, the self titled album by The Huguenots, and "Bird of Prey" by Zozobra. They were a very nice surprise.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2012, 12:36 AM
Spriggan is one of the best games ever.  On any system.
You are a wise old man. :wink:

JapanTokei

Munchiza - that Spriggan is screaming SEXY minty... nice pickup.  I'm still missing a mintly complete Spriggan myself. 
How much did you pick that one up for? 

IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/28/2012, 02:58 AMMunchiza - that Spriggan is screaming SEXY minty... nice pickup.  I'm still missing a mintly complete Spriggan myself. 

IMG
i got spriggan and aero blaster for $90 shipped. I just beat Spriggan, and WOW, what an Amazing game. def top 3 shmups so far on the pc engine (lords of thunder, spriggan, air zonk)

SuperDeadite

Mathius

What are those games, Deadite???:

SuperDeadite

Naious is sort of a Thunder Force III clone, great music and presentation.  Lame box art though.
Cyberblock Metal Orange EX is the best arkanoid/breakout style game ever. 
It's totally badass:

JapanTokei

Munchiaz - if ur talking top shooties, gotta try Nexzr man.  Its another worldly experience.
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/28/2012, 03:42 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 01/28/2012, 02:58 AMMunchiza - that Spriggan is screaming SEXY minty... nice pickup.  I'm still missing a mintly complete Spriggan myself. 

IMG
i got spriggan and aero blaster for $90 shipped. I just beat Spriggan, and WOW, what an Amazing game. def top 3 shmups so far on the pc engine (lords of thunder, spriggan, air zonk)

nectarsis

A good friends knows how to make )early) bday present rock   :lol:

/99d2470e.jpg

Bernie

nectarsis

Quote from: Bernie on 01/28/2012, 01:45 PMDigging the Puppet Master.  :)
only $10 right now on Full Moons website ;)

SMF

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/28/2012, 01:19 PMA good friends knows how to make )early) bday present rock   :lol:

/99d2470e.jpg
AWESOME PUPPET MASTER BUT I MAY HAVE TO 1 UP YOU BUDDY  :twisted:
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SMF

IMG

Picked up my Puppet Master trunk in 2010 when Puppet Master Axis of Evil came out.

Contents of the trunk are
1) The Trunk
2) Puppet Master Blu-Ray
3) Puppet Master Axis of Evil Blu-Ray
4) Trading Cards of each Puppet Master Movie
5) Stickies of each Puppet
6) A Mini Axis of Evil Poster.

And thats just the beginning of my love affair with FullMoon Features.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

nectarsis

Quote from: SMF on 01/28/2012, 02:20 PMIMG

Picked up my Puppet Master trunk in 2010 when Puppet Master Axis of Evil came out.

Contents of the trunk are
1) The Trunk
2) Puppet Master Blu-Ray
3) Puppet Master Axis of Evil Blu-Ray
4) Trading Cards of each Puppet Master Movie
5) Stickies of each Puppet
6) A Mini Axis of Evil Poster.

And thats just the beginning of my love affair with FullMoon Features.
You now indeed SUCK :P lol  I saw that set, DEF very cool...sadly it was long sold out when I saw it. :\

Bernie

nectarsis

Bernie

Man, the Puppet Master trunk is making me jealous...  :(