The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Trails in the Sky for PSP and teh sexy movie press kits from Sparklers came in the mail this week.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

Quote from: Bernie on 02/02/2012, 02:10 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/02/2012, 01:38 PMWhoa Bernie nice DH!  How much?
HAHA!  I couldnt resist. Thats actually a gold cdr disc burn of the game, with printed inserts..  :)  However, the component cables for my Wii..  wow..  I cant believe the difference in pic quality! 
Ha ha ha!  Nice one.  You got me too.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Samurai Ghost

Some recent pickups!

/games2.jpg

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Opethian

IMG
US LA games LOL anyone willing to trade for JP versions?
IMG

TheClash603

Nice Ope!  I am a big fan of Rocket Coaster.

A_Locomotive

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 02/02/2012, 09:17 PMSome recent pickups!

/games2.jpg
How much did the boxed avenue pads run you?

JapanTokei

Yea same here... That DH laser print lools like thr real thing bernie! Which printer did u use?? 
Quote from: Bernie on 02/02/2012, 02:10 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/02/2012, 01:38 PMWhoa Bernie nice DH!  How much?
HAHA!  I couldnt resist. Thats actually a gold cdr disc burn of the game, with printed inserts..  :)  However, the component cables for my Wii..  wow..  I cant believe the difference in pic quality! 

xcrement5x

I also got some junk this week, nothing to write home about:
IMG
2012-02-04 Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

5 Brokens PS3s
3-CECHA01 (60GB)
1-CECHB01 (20GB)
1-CECHK01 (80GB, no BC)
1 Sixaxis
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warefare (PS3)
Tourist Trophy (PS2)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (PS2)
Turok (N64)
Virtua Racing (Gen)
NHL 95 (Gen)
N64 Controller

The PS3s and PS2 stuff was $60 on Craigslist for all of it, not sure what I'm gonna do with it to be honest.  Some are YLOD, but I figure for parts alone it's worth more than $60.  Plus, 4 of the 5 are backwards compatible models and one of them starts but overheats to the YLOD.  The Sixaxis works too, but one of the analog sticks is messed up and I've already ordered a replacement potentiometer for it.  There was also some other Madden game (team manager 09?) but I gave it to a coworker.

The other stuff was from my local thrift, about $10 for all that plus some Leap Pad carts which I realize are useless without the books now :3
NHL 95 is CIB and in good shape, the N64 stick is tight, and the Virtua racing is in a rental box or something, no manual.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BlueBMW

Not a bad haul at all on the PS3s.... they are usually repairable.  One of the online reballer services might even cut you a bulk discount to repair them all at once.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Lilgrafx

Got a factory sealed Bravo man for 25 bucks today I really want to play the game but I don't know if I have the will power to open a it up.

VenomMacbeth

Received some gifts from the family today :)

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Bernie

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/04/2012, 08:44 PMGot a factory sealed Bravo man for 25 bucks today I really want to play the game but I don't know if I have the will power to open a it up.
pshh!!!  Rip that bitch open and play it!!!

Opethian

damn I never seen a MGS in a long box :D
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Opethian on 02/04/2012, 11:16 PMdamn I never seen a MGS in a long box :D
Yeah!  I thought it was for the PS2 at first, but it clearly says "Playstation."  It says on the back, "Part of a set, not for individual sale/trade-in."  Still not sure of its origins, though.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

bartre

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/04/2012, 11:23 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 02/04/2012, 11:16 PMdamn I never seen a MGS in a long box :D
Yeah!  I thought it was for the PS2 at first, but it clearly says "Playstation."  It says on the back, "Part of a set, not for individual sale/trade-in."  Still not sure of its origins, though.
it was part of one of those late-release collection things like they did at the end of the ps1.
came in a pack with MGS2 and 3.
same game as always, just new packing.

nectarsis

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/04/2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-2/dp/B001383L36
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: bartre on 02/04/2012, 11:38 PMit was part of one of those late-release collection things like they did at the end of the ps1.
Quote from: nectarsis on 02/04/2012, 11:40 PMhttp://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-2/dp/B001383L36
"And now we know!"
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Mathius

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/04/2012, 11:42 PM
Quote from: bartre on 02/04/2012, 11:38 PMit was part of one of those late-release collection things like they did at the end of the ps1.
Quote from: nectarsis on 02/04/2012, 11:40 PMhttp://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-2/dp/B001383L36
"And now we know!"
Use this knowledge wisely, young grasshopper.

TR0N

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/04/2012, 11:42 PM
"And now we know!"
"And knowing the is half the battle yo joe!!"

LOL yeah that was from the mgs collection for the PS2 then,konami did it again for the hd collection on the PS3&360.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Opethian

ah I missed out on that collection as I already had all 3. Didnt know the MGS1 was packed that way nice.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: TR0N on 02/05/2012, 01:16 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/04/2012, 11:42 PM"And now we know!"
:lol: SO glad somebody picked up on that!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Mathius

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Bernie on 02/04/2012, 10:12 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/04/2012, 08:44 PMGot a factory sealed Bravo man for 25 bucks today I really want to play the game but I don't know if I have the will power to open a it up.
pshh!!!  Rip that bitch open and play it!!! 
I did bro! It so cool to open up a game that looks perfect and know your the first person to play it.

BlueBMW

I threw out a net and caught some flounders this month!

The JPN Neo Geo CD was loose and "broken"  RR1980 graciously sent me a controller and power supply for it!  Amazingly, it fired right up and worked!  Only issue with it is that one of the CD lid hinges is broken lol.

Man does a booster make a TG16 huge....

/Flounder1.jpg

And yet another one of these crappy import computers... junk I tell ya!

/Flounder2.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Mathius on 02/05/2012, 06:46 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/05/2012, 01:18 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/05/2012, 01:16 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/04/2012, 11:42 PM"And now we know!"
:lol: SO glad somebody picked up on that!
Apparently I didn't :)
Sorry man, didn't mean to assume. :D  I guess that "makes an ass out of you and me"...wait...no, just me. XD
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Frank_fjs

Nice score BMW!

Got any games for the 68000?

BlueBMW

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 02/05/2012, 10:29 PMNice score BMW!

Just two copied floppys for the compact and one copied floppy for the expert.

What I havent mentioned, the compact has sound issues, and I still dont know if the expert works correctly yet, since the disk I do have seems to have some problems.  But they're still cooler than darnit!

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/05/2012, 10:34 PM
Quote from: Frank_fjs on 02/05/2012, 10:29 PMNice score BMW!

Just two copied floppys for the compact and one copied floppy for the expert.

What I havent mentioned, the compact has sound issues, and I still dont know if the expert works correctly yet, since the disk I do have seems to have some problems.  But they're still cooler than darnit!
Cooler than darnit! Couldn't have said it better.

Opethian

IMG

esteban

Hey! Fluorescent lighting + the angle you used would make any console look bad! Not just TG-16 + TurboBooster :)

Go for a more flattering composition and use natural light next time :)

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/05/2012, 10:05 PMMan does a booster make a TG16 huge....
/Flounder1.jpg
IMG

There you go, much better! :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

you know I would probably still own my TG if I could have nabbed a booster plus for a decent price.....
IMG

SNKNostalgia

Why am I interested in buying a Sharp X68000 all of a sudden?!?

Anywho, all I bought in the past 2 months was Skyrim for 360 and The Warriors for PS2. I just kinda stopped playing Skyrim for a bit. I am at a point of the game where my melee warrior does shit damage when attacking these dungeon skeleton warriors that can break your damn weapons. Arghhh, I hate weapon breaking in any game! Not cool!

I've been mostly borrowing or playing my older games these days. For PS3 I let a friend borrow Uncharted 1-3 while he let me borrow God of War 1-3.

After all of this, I have all those PS1 RPGs I failed to play through over the past 12 years. Remember the RPG boom of 98-2001 for PS1? Yeah, I ended up with 20 RPGs in 3 years and only finished like 7.

BlueBMW

Man, way to one up me esteban! :D

Guess I should put a little more effort into my photography....

SNKNost... its good to know I'm not the only one with a stack of PS1 RPGs of which I've finished very few of...

Senshi

Damn Esteban, did that thing just get freed from its box?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/05/2012, 10:05 PMAnd yet another one of these crappy import computers... junk I tell ya!

/Flounder2.jpg
This is the first time I've seen a Sharp X68000...it's...it's indescribably beautiful!  It reminds me of the fourth of july! :D

Seriously, though.  That's awesome.  How much did that set you back?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

BigusSchmuck

Got a JVC X-Eye for $50 does that count? :P Will post some pics once I get it in my paws.

munchiaz

^ good deal. i paid $30 for mine and the CD portion doesnt work.
Anyway, heres my recent pick ups.

I'm usually not big on guides, But the SCV guide was written by top players from europe, and is done by the same guys who did the dark souls guide. Also it has frame data, which is amazing.
IMG

complete with spelling error. First print only, get yours today so you can sell it on ebay for 5k later on
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/08/2012, 06:59 PMThis is the first time I've seen a Sharp X68000...it's...it's indescribably beautiful!  It reminds me of the fourth of july! :D
Seriously, though.  That's awesome.  How much did that set you back?
This one was $250, but has some serious sound issues to track down.  I traded for the other one.  I'm not sure exactly what one can be bought for these days.... There arent many in the US to begin with.  Bringing them over from Japan is usually your only option.  I'd expect that $300 to $400 shipped wouldn't be far off.  They also are prone to a myriad of problems.... power supply failure, cap failure, floppy drive failure... but hot damn they look cool and have some excellent versions of some of the best classic games!

This compact unit looks neat, but the Expert I posted a little while back looks absolutely marvelous with the twin tower design + pop out handle in the middle.... pure metal sex I tell ya!

SMF

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/08/2012, 11:58 PM^ good deal. i paid $30 for mine and the CD portion doesnt work.
Anyway, heres my recent pick ups.

I'm usually not big on guides, But the SCV guide was written by top players from europe, and is done by the same guys who did the dark souls guide. Also it has frame data, which is amazing.
IMG

complete with spelling error. First print only, get yours today so you can sell it on ebay for 5k later on
IMG
Yea I got my Res Evil Spelling error also lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SMF

I picked up a few things the other day. Ill post pics when I get home.

A Turbo Express in box for $120 only 1 pixle out top rite corner of the screen.
Nintendo Power number 2 Simon holding Draculas Head. Always loved that cover.
Grabbed a Tiger Road for $9.00 only Book and Huey but I have Sparky Stickies so its all good.

sirhcman

Quote from: SMF on 02/09/2012, 07:00 PMI picked up a few things the other day. Ill post pics when I get home.

Nintendo Power number 2 Simon holding Draculas Head. Always loved that cover.
Yes, very cool cover! I always thought that cover was a little edgy for the market demographic they were after... Can't wait to see pics!

Sparky

i got a few things locally :).... the TGCD drive i got dirt cheap, it has warm of issues of coarse but i am going to pay the man Chop to fixy and then later give it back to the community in some way.

IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 02/09/2012, 09:09 PMi got a few things locally :).... the TGCD drive i got dirt cheap, it has warm of issues of coarse but i am going to pay the man Chop to fixy and then later give it back to the community in some way.

IMG
Ooooh let me know how IL 2 is...looked at that one a few times.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Samurai Ghost

More recent pick ups. More Saturn games for the collection, but a little Obey as well.
Note the SEALED, unopened Arcade Card Pro. It still has the price tag of 16,000(!!!) yen on it.
They weren't messing around with that one.

/games3.jpg

Ji-L87

^ Nice haul, again :lol:
You seriously make me want to buy more Saturn games and at the same time feeling guilty for not having played the last bunch I bought :s
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SMF

IMG

This is a bunch of the fun stuff i got the last few days.

The Turbo Express was $120 free shipping on ebay
The Nintendo i got a deal on for $8. both poster and Castlevania II map are still intact in the mag. (Awesome Cover)
Tiger Road i got for $9 book and Huey only tho.
Finally Res Evil 3DS also with misspelled spine.

SMF

No thats not the one, My system came with Keith Courage lol Give me Air Zonk anyday lol.