The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingsbums

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: SMF on 02/09/2012, 07:00 PMI picked up a few things the other day. Ill post pics when I get home.

A Turbo Express in box for $120 only 1 pixle out top rite corner of the screen.
Nintendo Power number 2 Simon holding Draculas Head. Always loved that cover.
Grabbed a Tiger Road for $9.00 only Book and Huey but I have Sparky Stickies so its all good.
nice steal on the TE! I saw that. At first I thought it was too much for that. Apparently not considering how fast you grabbed it.

I guess a noob like me will learn his lessons. Next time i see it for that price, I will buy it.

SMF

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/10/2012, 01:34 PM
Quote from: SMF on 02/09/2012, 07:00 PMI picked up a few things the other day. Ill post pics when I get home.

A Turbo Express in box for $120 only 1 pixle out top rite corner of the screen.
Nintendo Power number 2 Simon holding Draculas Head. Always loved that cover.
Grabbed a Tiger Road for $9.00 only Book and Huey but I have Sparky Stickies so its all good.
nice steal on the TE! I saw that. At first I thought it was too much for that. Apparently not considering how fast you grabbed it.

I guess a noob like me will learn his lessons. Next time i see it for that price, I will buy it.
I was kinda surprised it didn't have any major problems. He said a pixel out I thought middle of the screen when I seen it was top right I wet myself lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Sparky

Quote from: Mathius on 02/10/2012, 08:56 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 02/10/2012, 07:55 PMdamn I need Power Strike II :(
2nd
nice haul dingsbums, that Power Strike II was not a USA release was it?

dingsbums

No it was a "PAL only" release and the only Compile game without a Japan release.
I got it on the cheap on Ebay because the lady who sold it had no clue and simply advertised it as "Master System 2 with 5 games"  :dance:.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 02/10/2012, 11:51 PM
2nd
It was, but only as a "mail-away" exclusive with blue box art. :)

Anyway, got this today:

IMG

Too bad my Xbox controller is starting to mess up...the left joystick wants to stick to the left just a little which makes this game really difficult to play.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

chany60126

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/11/2012, 10:39 AM
2nd
I believe you are thinking of the first Power Strike on the Master System. I was with a fellow forum member when he bought Power Strike I at a game store. At first I thought the cover was photocopied, but then I looked closer and it was all blue.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: chany60126 on 02/11/2012, 11:07 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/11/2012, 10:39 AM
2nd
I believe you are thinking of the first Power Strike on the Master System. I was with a fellow forum member when he bought Power Strike I at a game store. At first I thought the cover was photocopied, but then I looked closer and it was all blue.
Crap, you're right.  My mistake. >.<
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Opethian

I love Raiden IV is that the US one? the sound track is excellent!
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Opethian on 02/11/2012, 01:05 PMI love Raiden IV is that the US one? the sound track is excellent!
Yup, it's the US release.  :D It's not my favorite Raiden game, but it is pretty awesome.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

geise

I really like Raiden IV.  It's a lot better than III.  I was sort of let down from 3, since 2 and the Fighters series were so good.

PunkCryborg

/img0201800x533.jpg
Cool stuff came in the mail today! Some stuff from HIT (best offered everything!) and some from a cool guy on Sega 16

Mathius

Hmm I'll take Alisia Dragoon, Shinobi, Download 2 and the Saturn controller. Sending PM and thank in advance!

Frank_fjs

Picked this up as it was going cheap, has fresh caps and you don't often see the yellow ones around:

IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 02/11/2012, 10:34 PMPicked this up as it was going cheap, has fresh caps and you don't often see the yellow ones around:
IMG
Wow! I've never seen a yellow one before!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Samurai Ghost

I picked up a yellow one a while ago, crazy looking system! Yours is a in a lot better shape though. The screen is pretty faded/washed out on mine. Would new caps help with this?

TheClash603

Wow, I never knew a yellow system existed either.

Went to the flea market today, and my only gaming purchase was SMS Psycho Fox.  Figure I'd mention it, keeping with the Sega theme.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/12/2012, 04:04 AMWow, I never knew a yellow system existed either.

Went to the flea market today, and my only gaming purchase was SMS Psycho Fox.  Figure I'd mention it, keeping with the Sega theme.
Nice, that game and Golden Axe Warrior are at the top of my SMS want list.
--DragonmasterDan

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/12/2012, 04:04 AMWow, I never knew a yellow system existed either.

Nice! Psycho Fox is a great game for the SMS and pretty expensive these days. Still have my copy from back in the day. Remember beating clearing that one and all the frustration that came with it. Still a favorite of mine though!

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/12/2012, 07:07 AM

Went to the flea market today, and my only gaming purchase was SMS Psycho Fox.  Figure I'd mention it, keeping with the Sega theme.
They had a copy at last year's MGC. :wink:

Edit: Psycho Fox that is. I think the vendor wanted $30.

TheClash603

Golden Axe warrior is the less polished and harder Zelda, but it is definitely a great game.

Psycho Fox hasn't been popped into my SMS yet.  However, if it is really "rare," then this guy is giving it away.  I only paid $10 for my copy.

Sparky

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 02/12/2012, 03:43 AMI picked up a yellow one a while ago, crazy looking system! Yours is a in a lot better shape though. The screen is pretty faded/washed out on mine. Would new caps help with this?
i think they all look that way, i have a had a few regular black ones and they all seem weak.
If anyone has a bad screen with scuffs and or light scratches use car detailing polish, its amazing how well it works on it, the same with Nomads.

HercTNT

Samurai, the washed out screen is most likely a cap problem. Even with a recap though it does not improve much. doing a led mod to replace the backlight will also help, but at the end of the day the game gears screen is just naturally washed.

Clash, i second golden axe warrior. What a great game.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/12/2012, 11:40 AMGolden Axe warrior is the less polished and harder Zelda, but it is definitely a great game.

Psycho Fox hasn't been popped into my SMS yet.  However, if it is really "rare," then this guy is giving it away.  I only paid $10 for my copy.
Not sure how "rare" it is but $10 is good deal, I'd say.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 02/12/2012, 11:34 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/12/2012, 07:07 AM

They had a copy at last year's MGC. :wink:

Edit: Psycho Fox that is. I think the vendor wanted $30.
When I go to Saint Louis there's a store that has it for about the same price. That's a tad more than I've been wanting to pay for it, but I may break down and eventually pick it up the next time I'm there. I'm still hunting for Golden Axe Warrior.
--DragonmasterDan

nectarsis

Not a buy but a borrow until we can get a new TV.....damn it looks small, and lonely  :evil:

/1b083632.jpg

RIP old friend, you paid your dues (36" Sony HD CRT)....now a DAMN heavy boat anchor.  :cry: :cry:   *plays taps*

/597391c9.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

thesteve

PS... I fix TV's
have for years

nectarsis

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/13/2012, 10:30 PM
Quote from: thesteve on 02/13/2012, 10:28 PMPS... I fix TV's
have for years
LOL where are you at?
Better get to that, Byron! That TV looked like a real head exploder. :)

thesteve

BlueBMW

I want at it!  let me fix it!!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

munchiaz

picked up rhythm heave fever today. really fun simple game. With catchy ass songs

nectarsis

Rule #1...NEVER order from a company in HK right near Chinese New Year LOL

/df3d92d2.jpg

BlueBMW

Rule #2... never throw out a perfectly repairable CRT TV :twisted:  :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nectarsis

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/14/2012, 08:58 PMRule #2... never throw out a perfectly repairable CRT TV :twisted:  :lol:
*loads it into the van*  :P

thesteve

never replace what you can repair

chany60126

Recent pick ups at a retro gaming shop.

IMG

Mathius

Samurai Ghost

Baseball Stars 2, what an awesome game!!

Frank_fjs

Mathius

What is that??? Dreamcast karaoke?

Frank_fjs

Yeah, Dreamcast Karaoke. Looks awesome when docked to the console. :)

TheClash603

I broke down and got this last Wednesday, even though I said I wouldn't...

/psvitapic.jpg

So far I think it is so-so.  I definitely enjoyed my 3DS a lot more at launch.  Hopefully this thing doesn't gather too much dust, like my PSP did compared to my DS.

Starfighter

Mishran

Finally joined the big boy club!

/imag0004ga.jpg /imag0005b.jpg

Wife bought it for me for an early birthday present. Paid $400 for everything. Third game down is NAM1975.
Not really sure of whether it was a good deal or not, but I'm excited! Been playing the hell out of Metal Slug. Looks like a converted cab. Can anyone confirm for me?

Frank_fjs

Nice Neo cab!

Doesn't look like an original to me, but as long as it works who cares.

BlueBMW

Looks exactly like my conversion neo cab.  Looks great!  Ive got about $200 in my cab but thats only with one game and I had to do a lot of refurb work on it.  Looks like fun!!!