RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

Awesome Mishran! You have an cool wife!

Mishran

Its got some dings and rips in the black outer film, but I think it should be easy and cheap to fix up. Guys recommend any good cheaper games?

chany60126

Lovin' the big red Mish! You got a very nice variety of games. Nam is awesome! Takes some practice to master though. If you like sports games, then I highly recommend Baseball Stars 2 and Wind Jammers.

BlueBMW

magical drop 2, strikers 1945+, blazing star... looks like you've already got metal slug... get 2 and X at least.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

Neo Turf Masters / Big Tournament Golf
Windjammers / Flying Power Disc
Last Resort
IMG

Mathius

Wow! :shock:

Get Spinmaster (great platformer!) and Shock Troopers (Mercs clone that totally outshines Sega's overhead run 'n gunner!).

munchiaz

thats so awesome man. wish i had room for a cab

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/19/2012, 04:03 AMthats so awesome man. wish i had room for a cab
Well if you wanted a neo-geo mvs you do know it can be consolized right ? The mvs board itself can even be run through a supergun.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Frank_fjs

Quote from: TR0N on 02/19/2012, 04:50 AMThe mvs board itself can even be run through a supergun.
That's how I do it, works a treat.

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 02/19/2012, 04:54 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/19/2012, 04:50 AMThe mvs board itself can even be run through a supergun.

IMG
Woah lot's of wires there though the cmvs 2-slot i have is just fine.
IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 02/19/2012, 04:54 AM
IMG
No offense dude, but if you are gonna use a pirate cartridge and composite video, may as well just use a small computer and run mame...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Frank_fjs

No offence taken. :)

Some things I'd like to point out though:

- Picture quality is better than you'd expect and better than any other composite signal you've seen - I'll provide a photo to prove it (the blur on the main character and fish sprite are from them moving - should have paused it sorry).
- I would much rather play on a large CRT TV than a tiny LCD screen.
- I can also play my real MVS carts and many other jamma based arcade PCB's with this setup, it's not Neo Geo exclusive.
- Re the multicart, I use it as it's less hassle than constantly ripping out and inserting a new cart, plus aside from the hacks the games play identically to their counterparts.
- I can easily use an AES joystick.

IMG

^ Neo Geo on actual hardware via a nice CRT TV beats the crap out of Mame/Kawaks.

Mishran

I was actually considering a multicart for mine. The cart slot is so close to the electronic components, when yanking that carts out I ran my hand against some of the caps on the board and bent the legs by accident a couple times. Sliced my finger open once. Doubt the caps can handle to many of that before breaking. Multicart might be pirating, but its much easier than pulling carts out all the time wearing out the connector. Safer for the machine means major win in my book. Still plan on buying official carts for it though.

Frank_fjs

I picked mine up for $75 landed and really can't complain. It's the 150-in-1, and of those 150 games 99 of them are unique/non hack/original versions.

Of course I have real MVS carts but like you I hate having to pull them out/insert them all the time. The MVS hardware isn't really designed for quick and constant cart changes, it's designed to house a single cart for months on end.

Opethian

nice vogatek are you forcing both channels to your cab speakers?
IMG

turbokon

I have a neogeo aes and been wanting the multicart mvs cart to!!!

My psp vita first edition bundle arrived from amazon yesterday.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 02/19/2012, 06:57 AM- Picture quality is better than you'd expect and better than any other composite signal you've seen - I'll provide a photo to prove it (the blur on the main character and fish sprite are from them moving - should have paused it sorry).
- I can also play my real MVS carts and many other jamma based arcade PCB's with this setup, it's not Neo Geo exclusive.
Considering I used to build and sale the fucking things, I can definitely confirm composite video is the worst you can use on any given encoder chip, be it Analog Device, Sony CX, or a no name.  Regardless of that, the lazy " leave everything exposed" approach is fucking lazy and weak. The multi-boot cart too, I mean, you really might as well have just thrown together a tiny Shuttle pc with a Athlon XP and a Geforce 4 with s-video out and ran Nebula or Mame. You have already gone to great lengths to cheap out, might as well have done it right at any rate. And no, you are not gonna be playing any normal jamma boards until you wire up controls for them, so currently, no, you cant.

So we are clear on this, these are superguns:
/sg2-1-1.jpg
/sg1-1-1.jpg
/sg7.jpg

/IMG_1392.jpg
/IMG_1428.jpg

What you have good sir, is the bones of a holocaust survivor on display on a wood shelf.

VenomMacbeth

My latest acquisitions:

IMG

The most disappointing purchase I've made so far, but it needed to be done. 

IMG

Still need a PS2 to play this on though!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Lilgrafx

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2012, 12:51 AMMy latest acquisitions:

IMG

The most disappointing purchase I've made so far, but it needed to be done. 

IMG

Do you have the turbo Grafx Raiden?

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/20/2012, 12:58 AMDo you have the turbo Grafx Raiden?
Nope, it's the last home console one I need (want) to have a complete collection too!  There's also the versions for the Atari Jaguar, Lynx, Raiden DX for the PSX, and Super Raiden for the PCE-CD, but none of those interest me. :/

Kind of need to get a turbografx first, anyway. lol
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

roflmao

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2012, 12:51 AMThe most disappointing purchase I've made so far, but it needed to be done. 
Are you referring to the The Raiden Project or Raiden III here?  I'm not a huge Raiden fan, but I think the Raiden Project for the PS1 is pretty freakin' awesome (one of the first purchases I made when I got my PS1... and I've held onto it ever since). 

I haven't tried Raiden III yet.

PCEngineHell

I have The Raiden Project currently listed up for sale on ebay lol. I thought it was a great port of 1 and 2, but I don't mess with Ps1 anymore, only my son does and he doesn't care for shooters much.

Opethian

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2012, 01:02 AM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/20/2012, 12:58 AMDo you have the turbo Grafx Raiden?
Nope, it's the last home console one I need (want) to have a complete collection too!  There's also the versions for the Atari Jaguar, Lynx, Raiden DX for the PSX, and Super Raiden for the PCE-CD, but none of those interest me. :/

Kind of need to get a turbografx first, anyway. lol
You must hate Raiden II if you have no interest in Raiden DX. It has exclusive music tracks it is definitely worth getting
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2012, 01:03 AMAre you referring to the The Raiden Project or Raiden III here?  I'm not a huge Raiden fan, but I think the Raiden Project for the PS1 is pretty freakin' awesome (one of the first purchases I made when I got my PS1... and I've held onto it ever since). 

I haven't tried Raiden III yet.
I'm referring to the Raiden Project.  I mainly got it for arcade perfection, but I found it to be slightly...I dunno...watered down, especially in the music department.  It was also ridiculously expensive; it was $45, but I got it at a local game store & with trade-ins, I only payed $28...still too much though.  I'm tempted to try to get (or make) a supergun so I can get the actual Raiden PCB, as I can't find an actual cabinet.

Quote from: Opethian on 02/20/2012, 01:36 AMYou must hate Raiden II if you have no interest in Raiden DX. It has exclusive music tracks it is definitely worth getting
Nah, I don't hate it, it's just that the first Raiden made a bigger impression on me, and the arranged tracks on these other games just don't do it for me. :/  Once I get the turbo version, I'm set!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

SuperDeadite

Super Raiden is worth owning just for the music.  It is uber-fantastic yo!
Also FM Towns Raiden is wonderful.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

But why do you have genny Raiden Fraud and the uberstinky SNES densetsu in your collection, but don't want to deal with awesome Raiden DX or PCE Super Raiden? Did you even try one of these ever before?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

roflmao

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2012, 02:15 AMI'm referring to the Raiden Project.  I mainly got it for arcade perfection, but I found it to be slightly...I dunno...watered down, especially in the music department.  It was also ridiculously expensive; it was $45, but I got it at a local game store & with trade-ins, I only payed $28...still too much though.  I'm tempted to try to get (or make) a supergun so I can get the actual Raiden PCB, as I can't find an actual cabinet.
Interesting.  I probably would not have picked it up for $45.  But I guess many shmups now sell for that much or more these days.  I got mine used for $22, which is still a little on the high end, imo.  I think there are way better (and cheaper) shooters for the pce, but, being where we are, I'm probably just preaching to the choir. ;)

majors

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2012, 12:51 AMMy latest acquisitions:

IMG

I recently picked up a Gamestop "custom" Raiden 3 for PS2...i.e., no box, no instructions, just the disc. It was $5 and I've been not having luck finding it anywhere (plus I had an old gift card). I've been on a PS2 shooter kick and after mesing with Gigawing Generations, Sol Divide, Homura...I found that Raiden 3 was pretty good in comparison. I had Gradius, Mushi, DoDon already so it was next on the list. The ship is too slow and gameplay is meh, but I like the graphics and music, so worthy of a few bucks.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: majors on 02/20/2012, 09:41 AMI recently picked up a Gamestop "custom" Raiden 3 for PS2...i.e., no box, no instructions, just the disc. It was $5 and I've been not having luck finding it anywhere (plus I had an old gift card). I've been on a PS2 shooter kick and after mesing with Gigawing Generations, Sol Divide, Homura...I found that Raiden 3 was pretty good in comparison. I had Gradius, Mushi, DoDon already so it was next on the list. The ship is too slow and gameplay is meh, but I like the graphics and music, so worthy of a few bucks.
If you haven't played it already, try Castle Shikigami 2. It has one of the most entertaining localizations of anything ever.
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Opethian on 02/20/2012, 10:18 AMEngrish contained generously
If they localized your last post, it would be.

Contained Crooked English Castle Justice with anger Generous
--DragonmasterDan

majors

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/20/2012, 10:07 AMIf you haven't played it already, try Castle Shikigami 2. It has one of the most entertaining localizations of anything ever.
Yes, I have that one also. Another el cheapo Gamestop purchase, but at leaset CIB.

Box art for Mobile Light Force 2 wins...<wait for it>...for FAIL!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

TR0N

IMG

munchiaz

got these in a trade for my magic cards plus some cash

IMG

soop

Just bought record of Losdoss War for £2.50 (disc and sleeve only).  Not bad.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Ji-L87

Got me some Bomberman '94, along with some other games for Saturn & PS1. Also moar LaserDiscs.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

liquitek

Someone decided to sell their N64 to me for $20 CIB including the expansion pack  :dance:
Wetrix and Tetrisphere.... you're on notice.

nectarsis

11 preorders at Best Buy, 3 3G's, 1 WiFI on the shelves.  A pretty crappy selection of launch games at the store...may have to exchange Wipeout for something in the next week or 2 :)

/f23bb4a1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Shrapnoid

I bought Boxy Boy and Yo, Bro from Nectarsis and they're in great condition just like he said!
Thanks, Nect!

bartre

I too bought something from nectarsis, though i'm just gonna meet him at MGC for it.
pretty psyched though, didn't honestly think i'd be able to afford this game any time soon.

TheClash603

Nectaris, how is MVC3?  I am thinking of getting 3 new games this week, because of the buy two get one free at target.

Mishran

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/22/2012, 10:20 PMNectaris, how is MVC3?  I am thinking of getting 3 new games this week, because of the buy two get one free at target.
Is that on all games?

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SMF

I BOUGHT GAS $0.20 a Gallon................. WOOHOO. Always buy your gift cards at Giant Eagle (Grocery Store) to earn Fuel Perks.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

TheClash603

Quote from: Mishran on 02/22/2012, 10:37 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/22/2012, 10:20 PMNectaris, how is MVC3?  I am thinking of getting 3 new games this week, because of the buy two get one free at target.
Is that on all games?
I looked online and the selection was pretty limited.  Somehow, the deal included Resistance, which doesn't come out until May.  However, Resistance is the reason I bought the Vita, so I was actually pumped for this.  Through work I get a Target discount and I had a $25 gift card, so it ended up costing me $82 shipped for three Vita games.  I chose Uncharted (figured I should give it a shot, haven't played one since part 1 on PS3), BlazBlue, and Resistance.

Samurai Ghost

Some stuff I've picked up in the last week or two.
White Saturn with some cheapie games (Street Fighter the Movie the Game LOL).
Got a wireless pad for around $2, just need to pick up the receiver.

Got some more collectable stuff at the bottom.
Megumi Rescue for the MarkIII/Master System, weird but awesome little Japan-only title.
Sealed copy of Twinkle Star Sprites.
And a copy of Magical Chase for PCE. The cover is really sun-faded, but I just wanted a copy to play, and since the price seems to be going up up up I figured I should snag a deal when I could!

/saturn_games.jpg

Frank_fjs

Nice Saturn!

Those receivers are hard to find, hopefully you get lucky.

BlueBMW

mega lo mania... used to love that game on pc way back...  never could beat it though :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 02/23/2012, 05:43 AMNice Saturn!

Those receivers are hard to find, hopefully you get lucky.
Yeah, they pop up from time to time, and I can a boxed receiver and controller for around $55 at the moment but I'm deliberating...

The Saturn was ... $11 shipped. Love Japan prices sometimes.

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/23/2012, 07:43 AMmega lo mania... used to love that game on pc way back...  never could beat it though :(
Yeah I originally rented the US version which as known as Tyrants when I was a kid and I loved the game. Ever since it's been one of those games that I've always wanted to pick up. Will eventually get the NA release but couldn't pass this one up for $3.

soop

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 02/23/2012, 08:45 AMThe Saturn was ... $11 shipped. Love Japan prices sometimes.
LMFAO!!!  I'd build a house out of 'em!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!