10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartre

I picked up a couple toys from animes at a local shop for pretty cheap, but i looked them up on amazon, wow!
http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Swordsman-Millennium-Falcon-Action/dp/B000HWZJMK/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1330557817&sr=8-22
http://www.amazon.com/Xebec-Toys-Fist-North-Kenshiro/dp/B004FW9FHS/ref=sr_1_8?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1330557833&sr=1-8

I don't figure they're worth quite that, anyone around here more knowledgeable than me on these things, i just thought they were cool, though if they're worth money i probably won't be hanging on to them.

blueraven

You will be very happy with Dracula X. Just play it.

And remember. It doesn't count as beating the game if you haven't done it with Richter at 100%.

:D

bartre

Quote from: blueraven on 03/01/2012, 01:31 AMYou will be very happy with Dracula X. Just play it.

And remember. It doesn't count as beating the game if you haven't done it with Richter at 100%.

TRUTH.  <---note the capslock.

Starfighter

I got these today! I intentionally picked the loose ones, I don't know why but I like them loose. It's like flipping through a pack of hockey cards or something.

/img1110j.jpg

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: blueraven on 03/01/2012, 01:31 AMYou will be very happy with Dracula X. Just play it.

Actually I have three copies of Drac X... I'm crazy, I know! And yeah, I agree that using Maria is an easy mode for the game but she's still a blast to play with and one of my favorite aspects of the game.

soop

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/01/2012, 04:34 AM

Actually I have three copies of Drac X... I'm crazy, I know! And yeah, I agree that using Maria is an easy mode for the game but she's still a blast to play with and one of my favorite aspects of the game.
3 COPIES!!!  /wrists
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Terminarcade

My most recent pickups. A CMVS with Ghostlop, Art of Fighting, World Heroes and a Multicart 120 in 1. :dance:

IMG
IMG

Mathius

Is that CMVS from Analogue Interactive?

Terminarcade

chany60126

That CMVS looks pretty darn cool! I wish I could afford one of those bad boys. As a side note, nice kidney bean controller. :P

Samurai Ghost

Damn, that is one awesome looking CMVS!! Do want!! Seems that is real wood, too? Damn!!

Mathius

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/01/2012, 09:05 PMDamn, that is one awesome looking CMVS!! Do want!! Seems that is real wood, too? Damn!!
They're not cheap either.

http://analogueinteractive.myshopify.com/

Lilgrafx

TR0N

Quote from: Terminarcade on 03/01/2012, 11:45 AMMy most recent pickups. A CMVS with Ghostlop, Art of Fighting, World Heroes and a Multicart 120 in 1. :dance:

IMG
IMG
Congrats that cmvs by analogue is slick looking i keep thinking to myself,one day i'll sell my cmvs 2-slot and switch to a 1-slot.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Terminarcade

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/01/2012, 09:05 PMDamn, that is one awesome looking CMVS!! Do want!! Seems that is real wood, too? Damn!!
Thanks everyone! :)
I did get a pretty good deal on that bundle. Even if it costed me a arm & leg, its one of those things that I just could not pass.

PunkCryborg

Got all this for pretty cheap on YJA  :D
/img0213800x533.jpg

Opethian

IMG

bartre

Quote from: Opethian on 03/02/2012, 11:26 AMboth cho!! nice
agreed.
Ai Cho Aniki is one of my favorite games one the PCE, if not one of my favorite games ever, great music.

Bernie

Just bought Insanity for my Xbox 360.  I had downloaded the trial version before, and never got around to actually purchasing it.  So, today I did just that.  :)

nectarsis

Opening Day can't come soon enough

/c7217475.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

IMG

nectarsis

Heard it was meh, but $10 new I can take a chance

/adb53d1e.jpg

BlueBMW

$10?  yeesh, guess you cant go wrong at that price....

This months pickups so far:

Yeah I know... another Laseractive <sigh>  I just cant help but pick em up when they're cheap / broken.  The Pippin was supposedly "broken" also, but it works just as designed.  To some that might be considered broken though hehe.   The two external floppy drives are for writing disks for the X68000.  They work perfect! :P

/MarchHaul.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

I've never seen that decal on a LaserActive player before.  Did that come on all of them and most people just peeled it off?  If that's the case, I would never peel that off.  Looks too cool.

Starfighter

A Pippin?! That's pretty cool! How much did you pay for it?

JapanTokei

Wow Blue - what is that Pippin thing.. looks really cool and eye-catching!

aren't you running out of storage space in your garage ??  lol 

I'm still in process of downsizing personally.  it is difficult to cut ties with all these loved games.. heh

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/03/2012, 11:30 PM$10?  yeesh, guess you cant go wrong at that price....

This months pickups so far:

Yeah I know... another Laseractive <sigh>  I just cant help but pick em up when they're cheap / broken.  The Pippin was supposedly "broken" also, but it works just as designed.  To some that might be considered broken though hehe.   The two external floppy drives are for writing disks for the X68000.  They work perfect! :P

/MarchHaul.jpg

Starfighter

kakutolives

speaking of bandai...
I ended up getting this disc for 25 expecting it would be the 2004 re-release off amazon

yay...

IMG

although i did pay full price suikoden 2 (109USD)
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

Samurai Ghost

Some recent pick ups.
Finally got Astra Superstars, which has been on my want list for years.
Just broke down a bought a copy in great shape for a fairly high price, but I'm glad I have it.
Can't say it fully met my expectations as a game, but it's quite fun and I'm looking forward to playing it with some friends this weekend. Since there are no fancy controller inputs and all characters have the same controls it should be easy for even fighting novices to pick up and play. Been on a real 2D fighter kick these days!

/games5.jpg

ApolloBoy

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/02/2012, 10:17 AMGot all this for pretty cheap on YJA  :D
/img0213800x533.jpg
What middleman service do you use? I use Shopping Mall Japan but their fees have been killing me lately! I won a $15 MSX controller that wound up being over $38 so I'd really like to find other options.
IMG

Starfighter

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/06/2012, 01:09 AMSome recent pick ups.
I can't help it, every time I see Saturn-games my heart gets a little warmer!

Ji-L87

Quote from: Starfighter on 03/06/2012, 04:04 AM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/06/2012, 01:09 AMSome recent pick ups.
I can't help it, every time I see Saturn-games my heart gets a little warmer!
It's the vertical gold Sega Saturn-stripe, I'm sure of it! :lol:
Looks especially good on multi-cd jewel cases *points to Twinkle Star Sprites*
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Opethian

TSS is hawt! I dont think the saturn version lacks much against the neocd
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Yeah, I also think Saturn games look good, which is one of the reasons I like collecting them. Got a good deal on a sealed copy of TSS recently, but it was just too damn beautiful to crack open, so I bought this copy to play. That's the problem with buying sealed games. If it's at all rare I'll probably just end up with another copy to play and one to keep.

Tatsujin

not buyed but get:

New bazzy item entries for my bazzy collection :)

/dsc0784a.jpg

the awesome wooden name stamp in the right down corner I got from our dear fellow member nectarsis :D
still sealed, but i sooo like to use it...hm.

the rest on the pic I go today from two NEC boothes at a fair. i told the one guy that I am uberfan of teh bazzy, and he instantly blitzed me with all teh bazzy goods he had at the booth (each one pcs). l'uberhapply :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

And yeah, Happy 20th Birthday Dear Bazzy  :D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Samurai Ghost

Wait, what, where was this event held?! Did they have any other NEC/Obey stuff?

Tatsujin

it's still been held, at the tokyo big sight exhibition east hall. until this friday.

it's not game related by any means. but where ever a NEC booth is, there is bazzy itmes as well.

BlueBMW

SamuraiGhost, was that a magical drop 3 I saw there? Id love to get that for MVS...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/06/2012, 09:35 AMit's still been held, at the tokyo big sight exhibition east hall. until this friday.

it's not game related by any means. but where ever a NEC booth is, there is bazzy itmes as well.
Really? NEC is still promoting a 20 year old game?

Awesome stuff in any case :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 03/06/2012, 04:40 PMReally? NEC is still promoting a 20 year old game?
* facepalm *
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Tatsujin

I ROFLMAOLOL'd so hard right now. Didn't see that pic in years, in fact i think i don't even had it on my dlisc. Thx a lot :lol:

guyjin

BlueBMW

Moar junk and goodies... mostly junk tho.  I dont know why anyone would want any of this stuff...

/MarchHaul3.jpg

/MarchHaul4.jpg

/MarchHaul2.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/06/2012, 09:44 PMMoar junk and goodies... mostly junk tho.  I dont know why anyone would want any of this stuff...
Really?  There seems to be a lot of cool stuff there. I loved the "Strike" Series, though I don't know if I ever played Desert Strike.  Actually, there are a LOT of game you pictured I could comment on, so I'll stop there.  If you don't want Master of Monsters, let me know. ;)

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2012, 09:48 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/06/2012, 09:44 PMMoar junk and goodies... mostly junk tho.  I dont know why anyone would want any of this stuff...
Really?  There seems to be a lot of cool stuff there. I loved the "Strike" Series, though I don't know if I ever played Desert Strike.  Actually, there are a LOT of game you pictured I could comment on, so I'll stop there.  If you don't want Master of Monsters, let me know. ;)
I bought the lot for the laseractive and the sega cd games... I didnt even look at what cart games were included.  I'll have to sort through em.  Master of Monsters?

guyjin

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/06/2012, 10:00 PMI bought the lot for the laseractive and the sega cd games... I didnt even look at what cart games were included.  I'll have to sort through em.  Master of Monsters?
I thought you were being sarcastic! the carts alone are a good haul.

roflmao

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/06/2012, 10:00 PMMaster of Monsters?
Yeah, I have the PCE version which I can't make heads or tails of.  So not long ago I played some of the ROM for the Genesis version and really got into it! (I was hoping I could take screenshots of the menus use them as guides for the PCE version, but they aren't very similar).  So now I wouldn't mind getting the Genny version one of these days.  I'm short on funds right now (Arkhan gets first dibs on those for his  proto-AbCard), but when I strike it rich, I'll ping you about Master of Monsters and probably other stuff. :)