The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/10/2012, 04:36 PMI've never seen a Turbo box like that.  At least they didn't gimp the actual product like they did with the likes of the Genesis 3.
Neither have I.

I like how the box and documentation is decked out with pictures of Zonk, yet they're still giving you Keith Courage.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Bernie

Yeah, im stoked about the purchase.  My Dad is already asking me for it, lol.  This most likely wont see much gameplay since I have a Duo, buts I just couldnt pass this unit up.

nat

The Zonk-themed box is interesting (I wonder how many were released like this?), but it's just not the same without Doofy '80s Kid(tm).
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Bernie

Quote from: nat on 03/10/2012, 05:22 PMThe Zonk-themed box is interesting (I wonder how many were released like this?), but it's just not the same without Doofy '80s Kid(tm).
I doubt it was many, since it seems that a lot of us have never seen that box.  I hated the original artwork, so this difference is cool.  Here is what the seller said in the listing.
QuoteAhhh....the TG-16. It's truly a shame that this system did not do better in North America, but then again we may not have ended up with nearly as many awesome SNES games. The TG-16 is the PS3 of gaming systems, way ahead of its time and just out of reach for most people to own, understand, or appreciate.

I have been lucky enough to acquire a few of these over the years and thought that I may be able to find a good home for this one. My grandmother only drove it to church on Sundays, etc.

The system comes in the more rare variant Holiday Box released later in the systems production life. This particular one was acquired at Electronics Boutique during a clearance event in the mid 90's.

Joe Redifer

Turbotracks

Does anybody remember that box?  I can't remember ever seeing it at "liquidation" time.
Thunderbolts first down!

Bernie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/10/2012, 05:43 PMNo way! This guy RULES!

IMG
LOL!  If you notice, your picture address has the word "crap" in it followed by "turboguy"...  :)  I always thought the artwork for the TG-16 box was...not to my liking I guess...  BUT, I was in the market for a nice boxed unit, so when I came across the holiday boxed unit, I snatched it up.  Someone posted a link in the chat today, and I couldnt resist.

nat

The only way Doofy '80s Kid(tm) could have been any better would be if he had a mullet (and mustache) like Doofy Gaiares Kid(tm).

IMG

Neurosis138

Quote from: Bernie on 03/10/2012, 04:11 PMI have been buying here and there lately, but this most recent purchase I am happiest with.
IMG

Got it off Ebay.  :)
Thats a nice grab.  Its interesting that you posted this, as i just passed on one of these box variants at a game store over the weekend.  The game store was asking 119.99, but the outerbox was a little rougher, otherwise i would have picked it up.  From what the guy at the gamestore told me, these were large christmas promo stickers placed over the front of the standard box art to advertise the $69.99 price point.

Turbotracks

Doofy Metro Cross Guy>Doofy '80s Kid (tm)>Doofy Gaiares Kid (tm)
Thunderbolts first down!

roflmao

Quote from: Bernie on 03/10/2012, 04:11 PMI have been buying here and there lately, but this most recent purchase I am happiest with.
IMG

ooOOOOooo.  Looks like it's in great condition.

bartre

Just ordered a bunch of stuff off Rakuten, here's hoping it all comes in alright!

Bernie

Super duper excited about it too guys.  I will take more pics, and maybe scan the inserts once it arrives.

Lilgrafx

IMG

I like the KC hucard with the cover art on it.

Bernie

QuoteI like the KC hucard with the cover art on it.
You dont have KC Lilgrafx?  I can send you this one if ya want it.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Bernie on 03/11/2012, 11:40 AM
QuoteI like the KC hucard with the cover art on it.
You dont have KC Lilgrafx?  I can send you this one if ya want it.
No I have 3, just look at the KC on the box it's not the same cover as American hucard

Bernie

I dont think thats KC on the box.  You are referring to the HuCARD that is being put into the system on the box art, right?  The color scheme makes me think of Alien Crush, but I cant zoom in enough to tell without it blurring.  Now I am curious..  I do know this particular system package came with two games, so maybe its the other game included.  I dunno.

Ji-L87

Oh oh! I spot a recently quite debated game in there :lol:
Nice haul, anyway. Tell me, what MM-game is that top left? It makes me cuuuuriouuus.... D:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Starfighter

It looks like Wily Wars, but slightly different... Maybe it's the japanese version of Wily Wars?

Edit: Yes, it is! Google told me it was Rockman Mega World, which is the japanese title for Mega Man The Wily Wars.

dingsbums

It's Rockman Mega World - the Japanese version of MM - Wily Wars.
And yeah I know the MM for the PCE is only a hack in a nice packaging  :P and the guy who made the hack wasn't informed about this release  :evil: but it's MM on the PCE = buy  :).

nectarsis

Whats the game next to Rockman Mega World (and the game right under it)?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

dingsbums

It's the Korean version of Battle Mania 2 (the game itself is identical to the JP version / only the packaging looks different).
The game under Rockman Mega World is the Famicom (JP) version of Contra.

nectarsis

Oops meant under Battle Mania 2 lol

dingsbums

Sorry  :-" :P
It's Ninja Jajamaru - Ginga Daisakusen.

blueraven

Link lease to the art/hack of Rockman?

Turbotracks

Sealed Dragon Spirit, sealed Falcon, sealed Gunboat, and CIB Bloody Wolf!  Why I ever sold that one is beyond me but it's back!!!!
Thunderbolts first down!

Tatsujin

Got this one for approx. 3 (lol) bucks.

IMG

damn, that device provides the finest S-Vid I have ever experienced. Finally i can properly use my AES, SMS, MSX2 and stuff on my crt :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

/img0249800x5332.jpg
Don't look at the pic too closely cause the manuals are a kind of jacked up but I got a good deal and I just want to play these babies!

Mathius

TheClash603

I have always wanted to play Snatcher.  Keep hoping to find it for a few bucks at a garage sale, but so far no good!

bartre

I dunno, i burned a copy back when I had a sega CD, it held my interest to the end, but i probably wouldn't play through it again.
It's definitely a good game, I personally just don't think it's worth the price tag it seems to command.

Neurosis138

Nice work on the Sega cd gems.  I'm jealous!

Colossus1574

Quote from: dingsbums on 03/12/2012, 11:00 AM/2gt81hl.jpg
I CAN'T believe nobody commented on the wicked MOTUniverse figures!? hahah, the seem to be in pretty good shape. May i ask who's the character between He-Man and Mossman? TriClops always got his ass kicked, but he's so bad-ass lookin!  :twisted:

Is that Contra 1 on top of Dynastic Hero? if so....wow, i much prefer the US box art....

Tatsujin

Hu-main [x------------------------l-----------------------] He-Man
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Starfighter

Since my collection of shoot 'em ups is starting to be pretty sweet on my 360 and I recently got a hold of a couple of fighters to the very same I went out and bought this:

IMG

I'm a complete joystick noob (I've always played with D-pad) but I feel quite confident with this. First impressions is that the square gate wasn't as awkward as I thought it was going to be and the layout (and number) of the buttons is perfect for me. Nice size on the box as well, I'm happy with it so far!

Bernie

Quote from: dingsbums on 03/12/2012, 11:00 AM/2gt81hl.jpg
I CAN'T believe nobody commented on the wicked MOTUniverse figures!? hahah, the seem to be in pretty good shape. May i ask who's the character between He-Man and Mossman? TriClops always got his ass kicked, but he's so bad-ass lookin!  :twisted:

Is that Contra 1 on top of Dynastic Hero? if so....wow, i much prefer the US box art....[/quote]
The figure between HeMan and MossMan is Dragstor.  He was part of The Evil Horde.  Those guys actually are in decent shape.  I recently sold all my MOTU figures, still sealed on the card, MOC.

Turbotracks

Thunderbolts first down!

thesteve

dingsbums

Quote from: blueraven on 03/12/2012, 12:24 PMLink lease to the art/hack of Rockman?
You can buy it here:
http://sapphire.anime4ever.de/

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 03/13/2012, 03:56 AMI CAN'T believe nobody commented on the wicked MOTUniverse figures!? hahah, the seem to be in pretty good shape. May i ask who's the character between He-Man and Mossman? TriClops always got his ass kicked, but he's so bad-ass lookin!  :twisted:

Is that Contra 1 on top of Dynastic Hero? if so....wow, i much prefer the US box art....
The figure between He-Man & Moosman is Blast-Attack, see here:
http://www.dark-universe.de/motu3/index.php?rubrik=6&subrubrik=41&article=156#
You can blow him up in two parts :).

Yes that' the Japanese version of Contra.

Bernie

Durp!!  How did I overlook that!?  Blast Attak and Dragstor were both released later in the series, as part of the Horde.

nectarsis

My lost, only partially resent Amazon order  #-o :evil: ](*,) ](*,) plus some trades, and cheapies.

/5f8477a5.jpg

I LOVED the hand made Styrofoam shipping "tomb" my game came in.

/40e362c5.jpg

guyjin

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/13/2012, 05:47 PMI LOVED the hand made Styrofoam shipping "tomb" my game came in.
/40e362c5.jpg
A Tomb? Full of Giant Robots?

IMG

LOOK OUT IT'S HAGGAR!

Colossus1574

Quote from: Bernie on 03/13/2012, 04:22 PMDurp!!  How did I overlook that!?  Blast Attak and Dragstor were both released later in the series, as part of the Horde. 
http://www.dark-universe.de/motu3/index.php?rubrik=6&subrubrik=42&article=167

Here's Dragstor....
Yay! I get to travel at HIGH SPEEDS by ripping this cord thru my groin area!

Ninja Spirit

Lilgrafx

Bought Vector Man 2 and LandStalker both in box for $10 both games are really good

Samurai Ghost

Got a couple copies of Drac X for a total of five. I'm insane.  :twisted:
Also got a nice boxed CoreGrafxII to complete my set of boxed systems!
And a perfect Gekisha Boy. Been looking for that one for quite some time.

/boxed_engines.jpg

bartre

YAY DRACULA X!
also, good job on the phantasy star 2 ninja spirit, love that game.

Samurai Ghost

Not mine, but my brother-in-law just picked up this gorgeous machine. Can't wait to get over there and play it.

/computer_space.jpg

nectarsis

Just setup our new main TV.  42" JVC...not exaqctly what I wanted (oh sweet sweet 80" TV you WILL be mine), but it's decent for awhile.

/23477608.jpg