Localization Legend "Supper the Subtitler" has "joined the club" in being targeted for CD-pressings by bootleg master Tobias/PCEWorks! His projects like Private Eyedol, Galaxy Fräulein Yuna 1 & 2, etc. are now being sold on Chinese factory-pressed CDROMs...
IMG
Main Menu

Best music on a HuCard

Started by Joe Redifer, 10/02/2006, 08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Joe Redifer

What game(s) has the best music to be found on a HuCard?  Both TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine games count here... ah what the hell so do SuperGrafx games with all of their unbelievable extra audio power that makes real life sound fake.  I realize this is subjective, but I want to hear what YOU think is best.  What do I think is best?  That's tough as there is a lot, like:

Legendary Axe II
Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu
Blazing Lazerzzzz
Dragon Spirit
Wonder Boy III errr... I mean Dragon's Curse
etc etc etc

How about worst?  Hard to say, but there are some games that sound like the NES or worse, like Legend of Hero Tonma.  Sounds like a much lesser system than the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16.



I hope there isn't a similar thread in the archives because I like to be first at everything.

SignOfZeta

I don't have many HuCards, but I really think the music in both Super Star Solider, and Aeroblasters is really great. Stage 2 in Aeroblasters, and pretty much the whole game in SSS.
IMG

GUTS

I really liked Neutopia II for some reason, I think its because the music was all pretty memorable in a Mario/Zelda sort of way and really fit the game.  Dragon's Curse is the same, the music is incredible and catchy as hell.

guyjin

I like Ninja spirit a lot - very spooky. On halloween, more than once, I've used the music select menu from that game to set the mood. And Alien crush, too.

Bonk's adventure's music (say that 3 times fast) is simple, but very nice, and
much as I would rather we got a 'real' bubble bobble game, the music in Parasol stars is also very nice.

And as others have said, Super Star Soldier is rockin!

Tatsujin

definitely roxin' tracks you can find in..

wonder Boy III
magical chase
pc-denjin
salamander
super star soldier
soldier balde
final soldier
tatsujin
gunhed
paodius da!
r-type
saigou no nindou
bomberman/'93
...
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

goat

Best:
Splatterhouse
Legendary Axe
Aero Blasters
Super Star Soldier
Dragon's Curse
Gradius

Most Nostalgic:
Keith Courage

CrackTiger

There are too many games that I haven't seriously played in years and am no longer familiar enough with their music, plus all the others I have yet to play enough of, to judge properly...

Of the ones I can confidently vouch for-

Aeroblasters
Ninja Spirit
R-Type
Air Zonk
Dungeon Explorer
Devil's Crush
Street Fighter II' CE
Bonk's Revenge
Bomberman '93
Dragon's Curse
Legendary Axe
Magical Chase
Darius Plus

I'm assuming we're talking about music in general, not just good use of the chip sound.

Quote from: SignOfZetaI don't have many HuCards, but I really think the music in both Super Star Solider, and Aeroblasters is really great. Stage 2 in Aeroblasters, and pretty much the whole game in SSS.

The cool thing about Aeroblasters' 2ns stage music, other than how well it matches the level, is that it's totally original. The arcade and Genesis versions just have some ambient droning that can barely be called music.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

We've done one of these threads before, but no harm in making a new one. Some of my favs:

Air Zonk
Aoi Blink
BATMAN (this is the best)
Bonk 1 - 3 (mainly the first two, Revenge having my favorite tunes)
Dragon Saber
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorer (my second favorite)
J.J. and Jeff
Jackie Chan
Neutopia
Neutopia II
Street Fighter II'
Youkai Dochuuki

To sum it up, I basically dig any soundtrack for the Turbo, whether it be HuCard or CD. It easily has my favorite VGM tracks :) . When I first got into the console, I knew there was something special about it because I thought each game I played had great music.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

RuninRuder

My favorite video game tune ever is played in level 5 of Legendary Axe, during the scene with the gorillas and Punjabis right before the Pits of Madness.  That track always gets me pumped up.  

I love many chip tunes, but if I had to select the best overall soundtracks, I'd choose these:

Blazing Lazers
Bonk's Adventure
Dungeon Explorer
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe II
Sinistron

As for worst chip music, the tune that plays in the middle of each stage in Deep Blue (when it becomes ridiculously difficult) is probably the worst bit of cacophony ever composed.  But it's also one of the reasons why I love the game!

TR0N

Ninja Spirit
Bonks Adventure
Devil Crush
Blazing Lazers
R-type
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

oh, how I could just forget about kyûkyoku tiger! nice tunez there too :)

especially the may be most realistic chopper-noise in the whole 8/16bit era :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

AlexKidd

I'd say dungeon explorer is by far my favorite when it comes to the music. It's the best thing about the game in my opinion. The music in each dungeon really gives it a nice, fitting atmosphere. Never beat the game legitemately but played through with invincibility partly to hear all the music.

Alien Crush is another very good one. I love how you have the choice of two tracks and both are very good in my opinion. I wish they kept this feature around for devil's crush. The tunes in that one are nice too but more is always better.

Other nominations would be Legendary Axe and Blazing Lazers.

As far as hucards with the worst audio tiger road comes to mind. That music always annoyed me.

Digi.k

I quite like the music to legend of hero tonma.  you can check out a video clip here:
all the games mentioned already have great music and trying to think of ones not mentioned yet hmmm thats tough..

Coryoon
final soldier
shubibinman
populous (notable the title music which was originally composed by rob hubbard)
Super Long nose goblin
Detana Twin Bee

Ninja Spirit

>Soldier Blade, this game also used a excellent drum set too

>Soundtracks on ALL Konami Hucards.

>Bloody Wolf, my favorite track is in the final stage you fight your partner when he's brainwashed

>Sidearms

Since I'm also a big fan of 8-bit NES/Famicom music, I also like these Hucard soundtracks

>Ninja Warriors (not quite 8-bit, but the drums sounds very similar to what you'd hear on the NES)
>Cyber Cross
>Barunba
>Burning Angels

Keranu

Quote from: Ninja Spirit>Cyber Cross
YES! Cyber Cross! I forgot to say that one, I love the tunes in that game. I like to watch the opening a billion times just to hear the music, so each time the opening ends I press button I or II which restarts the opening. The sequel Cross Wyber has some good tunes too and is a pretty cool game also.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OldRover

Legendary Axe II tops my list, without question. Of honourable mention are Neutopia II, Time Cruise, Splatterhouse, Ninja Spirit (I'd play the tracks on the music player for hours!), Air Zonk, Sidearms, Sinistron, Turrican, Cadash, and Parasol Stars.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

Time Crusie is a great what nod pointed out. All of those games made by Face had a distinct sound to them and I liked them a lot. They sounded more wavey/technoish, kinda like Genesis but different.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Tatsujin

yes. same for the 1st level of hani in the sky :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Speaking of our beloved Hani, I LOVE the song that plays in the first level of Hani on the Road! Another song I absolutely love is the song that plays in the first couple of levels of Gomola Speed! I think there were some other good tunes in Gomola Speed also, but man that first track kicks some ass.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

JoshTurboTrollX

Dude! I just tried-  Champions Forever Boxing-

And while the game is only So-So .

It does have some KILLER music in it!
Lots of voice work.  in music voices as well!


TurboSage
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Digi.k

doraemon meikyuu daisakusen  the oriental stage has an amazing track.

_Paul

Quote from: Digi.kdoraemon meikyuu daisakusen  the oriental stage has an amazing track.

Yar I love that one.

1943 has some awesome music in the second half of the game. Best drum beat on HuCard without doubt.

Also, don't forget Devil Crash. The main tune is a classic.

Keranu

Quote from: turbo_sageDude! I just tried-  Champions Forever Boxing-

And while the game is only So-So .

It does have some KILLER music in it!
Lots of voice work.  in music voices as well!


TurboSage
Agreed.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

A lot of people are saying that "Ninja Spirit" has good music.  To these people I ask: "Where?"  My copy of Ninja Spirit does not seem to have good music.  It's just buzzing, basically.  The melodies are, well, pretty much non-existent and the beat doesn't get you into the game (which isn't very good even if it had great music).  I go into the sound test and listen and listen but I don't hear anything even remotely pleasant.  There is a "tune" called "Theme of Shinobi" but it sounds nothing like Shinobi.  Shinobi has always had much better music than this.  There is also a tune called "Deep Blue" which is not even from that game!

So I ask again:  Where is the good music in Ninja Spirit?  Do I have to punch in a secret code?

Keranu

I never really got into the Ninja Spirit soundtrack either, though it has a unique sound to it so I can see why it attracts other people. I do have to admit that the soundtrack does fit the game quite well and it didn't stop me from enjoying such a great game.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

RuninRuder

I mainly dig the boss fight track and the title screen theme from Ninja Spirit.  I don't think it's one of the absolute best HuCard soundtracks, but if you really want to hear overrated material from a ninja game, listen to Revenge of Shinobi's tunes.

And I'm glad someone else mentioned Sinistron in this topic.  Great music in that game.

Keranu

I loved Revenge of Shinobi's tunes myself  :? .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Emerald Rocker

Revenge of Shinobi's music is pretty poor, and not just because it was from 1989.  The bizarre mix of FM and PCM used to create the tunes resulted in a muffled and sometimes "scratchy" sound.  This severely hampers several melodies, such as "Make Me Dance" and "Ninja Step".

Even disregarding the technical inadequacies, the ROS tracks are simplistic and poorly arranged.  One of the best -- China Town -- is pleasing almost by accident, as though Koshiro found a nice riff and just repeated it over and over.  "Silence Night" sounds almost nothing like its original source material.  And let's not even get started on comparing "The Dark City" from ROS to the superior version found in Gate of Thunder.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe RediferA lot of people are saying that "Ninja Spirit" has good music.  To these people I ask: "Where?"  My copy of Ninja Spirit does not seem to have good music.  It's just buzzing, basically.  The melodies are, well, pretty much non-existent and the beat doesn't get you into the game (which isn't very good even if it had great music).  I go into the sound test and listen and listen but I don't hear anything even remotely pleasant.  There is a "tune" called "Theme of Shinobi" but it sounds nothing like Shinobi.  Shinobi has always had much better music than this.  There is also a tune called "Deep Blue" which is not even from that game!

So I ask again:  Where is the good music in Ninja Spirit?  Do I have to punch in a secret code?

Did you like the music in Destiny Of An Emperor?

I guess it's really a matter of taste. I can understand how some people think 'taiko' drumming just sounds like some congo drums. Where as most people I see go nuts over any street busker blowing randomly into a pan flute while wailing away on an acoustic guitar, but it doesn't sound great to me.

Same with Riverdance & Lord Of The Dance or some of the celtic jamborees I've come across on T.V. where they're just playing to death variations on the same single riff for like 45 minutes. But millions love it.

Also I appreciate the traditional japanese sound, but I think that if you imagine the more melodic & fast Ninja Spirit music played by electric guitars, it would sound speed metal'y like Megadeth's Rust In Peace.

Plus, the music suits the levels pretty well. It may help if you play through the game several times before listening to the music on it's own instead of just picking out tracks.

A lot of it is supposed to be ambient and it was obviously designed with the game and it's traditional japanese theme in mind. It's definately not j-pop'y like Shinobi.

If you'd like to here the complete soundtrack with a lot of the fat cut off, I've got it mixed on one mp3-Of course, most people don't think that the actual game sucks either.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: Emerald RockerRevenge of Shinobi's music is pretty poor, and not just because it was from 1989.  The bizarre mix of FM and PCM used to create the tunes resulted in a muffled and sometimes "scratchy" sound.  This severely hampers several melodies, such as "Make Me Dance" and "Ninja Step".

Even disregarding the technical inadequacies, the ROS tracks are simplistic and poorly arranged.  One of the best -- China Town -- is pleasing almost by accident, as though Koshiro found a nice riff and just repeated it over and over.  "Silence Night" sounds almost nothing like its original source material.  And let's not even get started on comparing "The Dark City" from ROS to the superior version found in Gate of Thunder.
I don't know what the hell you just said, but none of that didn't stop me and other people from liking the soundtrack :P .

1989 had good music, but scratchy sounding Genesis games come from shit like Chakan and Bimini Run.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kaminari

Pretty much anything from Daisuke Morishima (1943, Coryoon, PC Denjin...) and Kōji Hayama (Moto Roader, Schbibinman, GaiFrame, Energy...). There has been a lot of talented PSG composers/sequencers on the PCE, but in my opinion those two were the best ones.

Although I have to say my personal favorite PSG soundtrack ever (on the PCE) is Batman.

Joe Redifer

QuoteRevenge of Shinobi's music is pretty poor, and not just because it was from 1989. The bizarre mix of FM and PCM used to create the tunes resulted in a muffled and sometimes "scratchy" sound.
I don't think Revenge of Shinobi used any PCM in its music.  And none of the game sounded scratchy at all.  How are you listening to it?  I know some Genesis model 2's have an inferior sound chip which makes just about everything sound extremely scratchy compared to the model 1, and sound from emulators are not to be trusted, period.  Ninja Spirit sounds extremely abrasive and buzzy to me.  RoS is definitely not Yuzo's best work, but it's better than Ninja Spirit in both sound quality and composition quality.

Where in Gate of Thunder is "Dark City"?

QuoteDid you like the music in Destiny Of An Emperor?
Never heard of it.

Keranu

Wait, doesn't Genesis not even have PCM? That's Sega CD, right?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Folks have mentioned lots of HuCards with great tunes, so I just wanted to give a shout out to Cybercore since it has yet to be mentioned.

The *only* problem with Cybercore is that the song for each stage is incredibly short and loops ad finitum. It would have been so much more awesome if the songs had longer compositions.

Still, Cybercore's songs are incredibly catchy, upbeat and complement the gameplay quite nicely, IMO.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Keranu
Quote from: Emerald RockerRevenge of Shinobi's music is pretty poor, and not just because it was from 1989.  The bizarre mix of FM and PCM used to create the tunes resulted in a muffled and sometimes "scratchy" sound.  This severely hampers several melodies, such as "Make Me Dance" and "Ninja Step".

Even disregarding the technical inadequacies, the ROS tracks are simplistic and poorly arranged.  One of the best -- China Town -- is pleasing almost by accident, as though Koshiro found a nice riff and just repeated it over and over.  "Silence Night" sounds almost nothing like its original source material.  And let's not even get started on comparing "The Dark City" from ROS to the superior version found in Gate of Thunder.
I don't know what the hell you just said, but none of that didn't stop me and other people from liking the soundtrack :P .

1989 had good music, but scratchy sounding Genesis games come from shit like Chakan and Bimini Run.
totaly agree, super shinobi had one of the best ST in the whole MD repetoire!! i listened days and nights to it. even nowadays i can't miss it!

for ninja spirit: i like the tunez a lot. very simple and so typically IREM. i'm more the guy who likes suptile and atmospheric musics, may be therefore i like the NS tunez a lot. and i also feel the ninja theme is appearing a lot while listening to the sound. the boss theme rox enormous. such exciting!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RuninRuder

QuoteAnd let's not even get started on comparing "The Dark City" from ROS to the superior version found in Gate of Thunder.   

QuoteAlso I appreciate the traditional japanese sound, but I think that if you imagine the more melodic & fast Ninja Spirit music played by electric guitars, it would sound speed metal'y like Megadeth's Rust In Peace.

Since you guys bring them up...  I've always felt that the main riff in Gate of Thunder's Dark City tune is very reminiscent of the main riff in "Poison Was the Cure" off Rust in Peace.

Cyber Core's music is very cool, especially the stage two tune.  Psychosis is another shooter with good music that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: KeranuWait, doesn't Genesis not even have PCM? That's Sega CD, right?
The Genesis has 1 PCM sound channel and it is used in A LOT of music like Streets of Rage 2, Mega Turrican and many, many others.  But I think it's use was pretty reserved back in the early days of the system, and I don't recall hearing it used in music that early.

Digi.k

Quote from: KaminariPretty much anything from Daisuke Morishima (1943, Coryoon, PC Denjin...) and Kōji Hayama (Moto Roader, Schbibinman, GaiFrame, Energy...). There has been a lot of talented PSG composers/sequencers on the PCE, but in my opinion those two were the best ones.

Although I have to say my personal favorite PSG soundtrack ever (on the PCE) is Batman.

Batman is really amazing I keep forgetting about that game because the actual game IMO is a bit lacklustre...  OMG if only they kepted the original platform game it was meant to be!!!

Ninja Spirit

Actually what are some individual TG16/PCE tracks that you can listen to 1,000 times in a row

>Keith Courage/Wataru boss music. Sometimes for fun I use a music editor after converting the HES into a MP3, and transpose the pitch to many different key signatures and it sounds better than the default

>Ninja Spirit stage 2

>Sidearms boss 2

>Soldier Blade Stage 1, Boss 1, and Stage 5

>As mentioned before Bloody Wolf when you fight your partner in the final stage to break him out of the spell.

>Dragon Spirit stage 6. A certain portion of this track sounds addicting

2X4

I have to go with some popular ones

Legendary Axe II - possibly one of the best chip STs EVER!
Ninja Spirit - Just because it complements the game so well
Splatterhouse - An overall awesome game and the music is perfect for it

To add one that hasn't been mentioned:

Impossamole !

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, but just check out the opening theme, I think you'll be surprised.  There are so many games I haven't played, there might be others that would surpass these if I heard them.

*edit* can't forget Devil's Crush!
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

CrackTiger

Quote from: Ninja SpiritActually what are some individual TG16/PCE tracks that you can listen to 1,000 times in a row

Aeroblasters: Stage 1
R-Type: intro onward Stage 1
Ninja Spirit: Behind The Wind
Dungeon Explorer: the song that begins at 4:07 in my DE mix
Neutopia: Final Boss (death metal!)
Devil's Crush: main theme
SFII'CE: Guile's Stage
Darius Plus: Zone A
Bonk's Revenge: boss(?) music
Bomberman/BM'93: battle mode music
Side Arms: Stage 1
Dragon's Curse: 1st castle music
Magical Chase: Stage 3
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: 2X4Impossamole !
Oh hell yeah, the title screen song kicks ass!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Tatsujin

Quote from: 2X4Impossamole !

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, but just check out the opening theme, I think you'll be surprised!
so if you really like this one, so please check out the opening/title of the original amiga version :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: CrackTigerMagical Chase: Stage 3
hehe..i would go for stage 2 :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, the Amiga version of Impossamole's title theme is kick arse!  I remember playing it on my friend's Amiga years ago, because I had picked up the Turbo version.  I'd like to someday, take both versions of the game, melt them together(including adding the mine level that's in the Amiga version), & make the game way better, since it deserves to be better.  Not every game I list here, is the best example of what the PCE can do musically, but, I love all the songs, in these regardless.

Anyways, here's my choices:
Impossamole
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe 2
Ninja Spirit
Legend of Hero Tonma
Image Fight
Mr. Heli
Air Zonk
Coryoon
Monster Pro Wrestling
Champions Forever Boxing
Aeroblasters
Super Star Soldier
Batman
Fighting Run(haven't seen anyone mention this yet :D )
Bonk's 1 & 2
Dragon's Curse
After Burner 2
Alien Crush
the Shubibinman games(especially the 2nd one, I LOVE that soundtrack!)
Atomic Robo Kid
Bomberman's 93 & 94(mainly 93)
Blazing Lazers
Bloody Wolf(deffinitly one of my fav's)
Dragon Egg
Bravoman(probably the only one that thinks the music is great)
China Warrior
Jackie Chan
Cyber Core
Soldier Blade
Parasol Stars
Dragon Saber
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorer(especially the title theme)
Final Lap Twin
Galaga 90'
Keith Courage
Legend of Valkyrie
Liquid Kids
the Neutopia's
Ninja Gaiden(yup, you heard me, I LOVE the music that replaced the original music :D )
Obochama Kun
Raiden
Somer Assault
Son Son 2
Street Fighter 2
Talespin
Veigues Tactical Gladiator(love, love, LOVE the music in this game!)

Well, that's what I can think of, what really shouts at me as great music :D
IMG

Keranu

So pretty much every PCE game ever made then? :D I agree.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

Um, actually no, Night Creatures comes to mind as one of the worst, as does Darkwing Duck :roll:
IMG

Keranu

I think I even managed to like a track or two from those games as well.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

I think that CrackTiger needs to make an MP3 or two contrasting and comparing the music from Impossamole's title screen on both the Turbo and the Amiga.  Why Black Tiger specifically?  Because he'll do it if he can.

Keranu

Haha, so true. I depend on CrackTiger so much for this kind of stuff.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"