The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: liquitek on 05/17/2012, 10:23 AM+1 for the Parker Lewis Can't Lose pickup.  Thinking I might have to make that purchase too  :)
It's amazing how many of us are spotting Parker Lewis Can't Lose and being like "whoa awesome". It jumped right out at me as well.
--DragonmasterDan

nectarsis

Quote from: Nando on 05/16/2012, 09:33 PMIs the Mummy in that Abbot and Costello collection?
Yes it is

Titles Include -
 One Night in the Tropics (1940)
 Buck Privates (1941)
 In the Navy (1941)
 Hold That Ghost (1941)
 Keep 'Em Flying (1941)
 Ride 'Em Cowboy (1942)
 Pardon My Sarong (1942)
 Who Done It? (1942)
 It Ain't Hay (1943)
 Hit the Ice (1943)
 In Society (1944)
 Here Come the Co-Eds (1945)
 The Naughty Nineties (1945)
 Little Giant (1946)
 The Time of Their Lives (1946)
 Buck Privates Come Home (1947)
 The Wistful Widow of Wagon Gap (1947)
 Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
 Mexican Hayride (1948)
 Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff (1949)
 Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion (1950)
 Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man (1951)
 Comin' Round the Mountain (1951)
 Lost in Alaska (1952)
 Abbott and Costello Go to Mars (1953)
 Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1953)
 Abbott and Costello Meet the Keystone Kops (1955)
 Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy (1955)

and the Parker Lewis season 1 was $17 shipped...couldn't pass it up LOL
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SuperDeadite

Now clash just has to stop jerkin around and send me 3D Virtual Australia and I'll have the full set. :)
ONE TO GO!!!!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Nando

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/17/2012, 04:56 PM
Quote from: Nando on 05/16/2012, 09:33 PMIs the Mummy in that Abbot and Costello collection?
Yes it is

Titles Include -
That's all sorts of awesome! wow!

TheClash603

Very nice SuperD.  You living in Japan isn't fair...  I will have a hard time catching up to you.

I am sadly considering a EUR 79.99 + big shipping VC1 on ebay.

kakutolives

Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

grahf

Cool buy. But that picture is the size of Saturn :D

Samurai Ghost

Mishran

Wiz 'N Liz is a strange but very fun game. I also never get tired of NBA Jam. Both games are fun. Good pickups!

SuperPlay

Ji-L87

Waoh! Loving those covers. Each and every one of them. Were they expensive? Last time I checked, those magazines did run for a bit money.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Opethian

IMG

Lilgrafx

Nice bit up Samurai Contras the shit

SuperPlay

Thanks for the comments folks.   I will be scanning again soon :@)

PunkCryborg

munchiaz

^ nice stuff. I just picked up Ys 3 myself, but mine is CD only.

Anyway, here's my recent pickups

IMG
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/ninja_velmor/IMG_0149.jpg

BlueBMW

You know... call me silly but I really like that pokemon trading card game on GBC.  IT was a good way to actually enjoy the card game.  I tried once LONG LONG ago to play the original.... yeah didnt work out so well.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/20/2012, 08:01 PMYou know... call me silly but I really like that pokemon trading card game on GBC.  IT was a good way to actually enjoy the card game.  I tried once LONG LONG ago to play the original.... yeah didnt work out so well.
yeah the card game is very good. I used to play the actual card game as well. Used to play tournaments at Toys R US. But then i got in to magic the gathering, and stopped playing pokemon TCG

bartre

glad to see you got terranigma!
been meaning to try splatterhouse 2, is is more like 1 or 3, call me crazy, but I like 3 way better from a gaming standpoint.
and L dis is fun, played it earlier today myself.

SMF

Quote from: bartre on 05/21/2012, 12:54 AMglad to see you got terranigma!
been meaning to try splatterhouse 2, is is more like 1 or 3, call me crazy, but I like 3 way better from a gaming standpoint.
and L dis is fun, played it earlier today myself.
Splatterhouse 2 is more like the original, I like 3 much better also. Feels like more of a game then 1 and 2 do to me.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SMF

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/20/2012, 07:25 PM^ nice stuff. I just picked up Ys 3 myself, but mine is CD only.

IMG
THATS FUCKING AWESOME YOU GOT SPLATTERHOUSE. I was keeping my eye out for you but all i kept finding was cart only.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

munchiaz

Quote from: SMF on 05/21/2012, 01:43 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 05/20/2012, 07:25 PM^ nice stuff. I just picked up Ys 3 myself, but mine is CD only.

IMG
THATS FUCKING AWESOME YOU GOT SPLATTERHOUSE. I was keeping my eye out for you but all i kept finding was cart only.
yeah got it for a good price. i have only played it once so far. Its def frustrating. I do think 3 is a better game

Samurai Ghost

For me I like 2 much more than 3. Two really feels like a Splatterhouse game, whereas 3 is more of a beat em up with gross monsters, which is still cool. I just like the atmosphere and difficulty of 2.

PikachuWarrior

nice on terranigma! I'm a sucker for original cartridges, as that one is obviously the reproduction one, but it's a great game regardless!

I recently got a shipping scale from amazon using my gift credit (if you want to know how I get credit all the time, PM me), so now I don't have to run to the post office to ship packages all the time.
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 05/21/2012, 03:19 PMFor me I like 2 much more than 3. Two really feels like a Splatterhouse game, whereas 3 is more of a beat em up with gross monsters, which is still cool. I just like the atmosphere and difficulty of 2.
2nded.

III doesn't really bring over the origin splatterhouse feelings anymore. two is a good game, but never comes close to the original.
Tho' the pce SH is a good port, i wish they had brought over more of the gore details in the back grounds from the arcade version.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2012, 08:37 PMHere's what I've picked up over the past few weeks...

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

That last SNES cart is Ys III.  It's too bad the label is ripped (I wonder if I can print out a new one...) but it was dirt cheap and the game plays fine, which is all that really matters to me. :)
how rare is that PS port of MGS. i never heard about it until i saw your pic. then im watching this youtube video and this guy mentions it as being pretty rare

PikachuWarrior

it's basically the "bleem!(cast)" version for the Dreamcast with smoother textures/graphics and uses a swapdisc method for playing the game on your Dreamcast. It goes for $10 new on ebay right now.
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/21/2012, 09:01 PMhow rare is that PS port of MGS. i never heard about it until i saw your pic. then im watching this youtube video and this guy mentions it as being pretty rare
It's actually a Bleemcast disc for Dreamcast.  It allows you to play MGS on your Dreamcast in a higher resolution.  The game looks a lot nicer.  You still need the PSX version of MGS to play though.  You stick the Bleemcast disc in, it'll boot up then ask for the actual PSX game disc and run off that. 

It's not very rare.  I bought it off ebay for $10 shipped.  It looks like you can still get it for $10 off ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=bleemcast%20metal%20gear&_sop=15.  And I picked up MGS from a local used stuff store for $5 (It's the greatest hits edition, but complete). 

It's an official release, but Sony's lawyers shut them down pretty quickly.  They released discs to play Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo (I think both 1 & 2), and Tekken 3 on your  Dreamcast.  I bought the Gran Turismo one bitd (and even then I think the disc cost $5-10) and played the heck out of it.  Everything 3D in the game looks noticeably better.  Only recently did I pick up Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation, so figured I'd get the Bleemcast for it as well.

PunkCryborg

Thrift store finds
I've been looking for a cool 80's alarm clock for a while and this is perfect
/img0115800x533.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/22/2012, 12:25 AMThrift store finds
I've been looking for a cool 80's alarm clock for a while and this is perfect
Yeah, that clock is pretty bitchin!  I've always wanted to try out UmJammer Lammy.  I still enjoy PaRappa the Rapper every once in awhile.

munchiaz

So these games were purchased by my girlfriend for me. They were supposed to be given to me on our anniversary on 6/25, But she left them on the kitchen table and i saw them when i got home. Good for me cuz i can play them now.

IMG

TheClash603

NecroPhile

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/23/2012, 03:02 AMSo these games were purchased by my girlfriend for me.
If she starts buying you Turbobs, you better marry her.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PikachuWarrior

IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/23/2012, 03:02 AMSo these games were purchased by my girlfriend for me. They were supposed to be given to me on our anniversary on 6/25, But she left them on the kitchen table and i saw them when i got home. Good for me cuz i can play them now.

IMG
mmm, guardian heroes...
even if i sell my saturn "collection" that would be one of 2 games that i kept, the other being keio flying squadron 2
both of those gems always put me in a fantastic mood.

munchiaz

Quote from: bartre on 05/23/2012, 04:57 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 05/23/2012, 03:02 AMSo these games were purchased by my girlfriend for me. They were supposed to be given to me on our anniversary on 6/25, But she left them on the kitchen table and i saw them when i got home. Good for me cuz i can play them now.

IMG
mmm, guardian heroes...
even if i sell my saturn "collection" that would be one of 2 games that i kept, the other being keio flying squadron 2
both of those gems always put me in a fantastic mood.
yeah its been a long time since ive played GH. a friend brought it over my place a few years ago, and we played and beat it. Havent played it since that poijt. today i play a bunch of pocky and rocky before work. got to the 5th level and couldn't get past it.

Deletion

Here are the goodies I got from our very own Samurai Ghost. Everything was packed extremely well and is in great working order. SG was a pleasure to do business with and I have to thank him for placing so much trust in me  considering I was brand new to the forum and he had no idea who I was. The communication was great, his descriptions and photos were spot on, and his prices were superb. Sorry it took so long to post this, SG. But I'm sure you were too busy collecting and playing (and moving half way around the world) to worry too much :P

PC Engine, CD-ROM2, IFU, Controller, Box (not seen in photo: A/V Cable, AC Adapter, Manual)
CoreGrafx I, Controller, Box  (not seen: A/V Cable, AC Adapter)
Shuttle, Controller (not seen: A/V Cable, AC Adapter)
Also not included in photo was an extra dark gray CoreGrafx I controller

/pceconsoles185.jpg

Cyber Core, Final Soldier, Galaga '88, Heavy Unit, Image Fight
Paranoia, Parodius Da!, Rabio Lepus Special, Super Star Soldier, Veigues Tactical Gladiator
Space Harrier, Kyukyoku Tiger, Dracula X, Nexzr, Spriggan, Super Raiden

/pcegames189.jpg

Under Defeat HD (Limited Edition) (PS3)

/underdefeatleps3165.jpg

PunkCryborg

Whoa dude that stuff is NICE and you got some badass games in there. Thats enough awesomeness to keep you busy for a while!

munchiaz

ohh man good stuff dude. Thats awesome.

TheClash603

roflmao

Wow, congrats Deletion.  Amazing haul.  You must feel like you're in heaven right now.  I would. :D

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/23/2012, 10:03 PMJust preordered this Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collection, because it looks pretty awesome:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1944700/productID.251532800/Street-Fighter-25th-Anniversary-Collection-Set-PS3.html
That's quite the boxed set!  It looks like it comes with a ton of cool stuff.  I'm a little surprised it doesn't include the original Street Fighter and/or the original Street Fighter II, if only for nostalgic purposes.

Nando

The first rule of turbob is....

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2012, 10:07 PMWow, congrats Deletion.  Amazing haul.  You must feel like you're in heaven right now.  I would. :D

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/23/2012, 10:03 PMJust preordered this Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collection, because it looks pretty awesome:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1944700/productID.251532800/Street-Fighter-25th-Anniversary-Collection-Set-PS3.html
That's quite the boxed set!  It looks like it comes with a ton of cool stuff.  I'm a little surprised it doesn't include the original Street Fighter and/or the original Street Fighter II, if only for nostalgic purposes.
That set does look pretty neat! I agree that it would have been nice to include more games. The most interesting thing to me in the set is the video. I'm really into history, particularly of things I have enjoyed as much as Street Fighter.

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

bartre

I'm seriously jealous of that under defeat, what'd you think of the port?

PikachuWarrior

Looks like it's exclusive to capcom's website. Was hoping it would be available on Amazon. Might have to get this now and not wait for it to be sold out. Is there a production figure out?
IMG

Nando

Opethian

IMG