The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPTRAVE

Hey, if you really wanted it than it is worth it.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/16/2012, 10:07 PMBought Shockman with manual for $40, I know that's not the best price but I really wanted it.
Good stuff Lilgrafx.  Mine cost me $42.  Glad you found it.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PikachuWarrior

Purchased the following:

Tales of Destiny 2 PS1: $54
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder SCD: $9

---

I already have Tales of Destiny 2 on the PSP (titled Tales of Eternia (English PAL version)), but wanted the original PS1 version for my collection. Tales is my favorite series. Now, I have pretty much all the US versions or versions that were released in English.
IMG

Ji-L87

I got my hands on Ikaruga & F-Zero GX for the Gamecube.
Mega Man X Maverick Hunter for PSP and Parowars for PS1 (:

Oh and a small Yuna figure.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

turbokon

Picked up our first Mac yesterday. They say once you go Mac, you'll never go back. I'm starting to believe this:)

/da3f8acd.jpg
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Nando

Nice! What specs did you get? I work with both. I like them both for different reasons. how do you like the screen?

I'm waiting for the ivy ultrabooks.

FiftyQuid

Congrats turbokon.  I was a heavy, HEAVY Windows user and then bought an aluminum unibody MacBook back in 2008.  Now the only time I ever touch Windows is at work.  BTW, I'm still using the same laptop.  Works almost as good as the day I took it out of the box.  It's been through two OS upgrades and the hard drive is almost 85% full.  :)  Enjoy.

PikachuWarrior

I'm the opposite. I have a 2007 macbook (all black, plastic body) and don't like it, and I doubt a macbook air would sway me. I can work faster on windows machines.
IMG

turbokon

Thanks, I got the 11in LCD, 128GB Flash storage, 1.7GH I5 and 4GB ram.  I think the retina display is only on macbook pro but the display is still awesome:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

Samurai Ghost

Some gal on craigslist had a box of SMS stuff for $160, and she accepted an offer of $130. Two systems (pretty beat up) hook ups, controllers, 3D glasses, and about 30 games (about half complete) including a couple more uncommon titles and a good selection overall. Good deal?

Sorry for the blurry pix.

IMG
IMG
IMG

FiftyQuid

I think it's an excellent deal.  What a great way to start off a SMS collection.  I was never into the system myself, but there are some great games for it.  Nice haul!  =D>

I love that Sega Controller Stick.  The buttons are perfect for lefties!  I may need to buy one and re-wire it for my TG-16.  Back when I had a NES I constantly played games with my hands crossed.  My right thumb would be on the directional pad and my left hand would be underneath tapping buttons rapidly.

jeffhlewis

is that montezuma's complete? all said that sounds like a great starter deal.

I have an extra FM expansion chip if anyone's interested in an SMS mega mod (s-vid, rca's, FM audio)

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/17/2012, 09:02 PMis that montezuma's complete? all said that sounds like a great starter deal.

I have an extra FM expansion chip if anyone's interested in an SMS mega mod (s-vid, rca's, FM audio)
Definitely get that puppy modded! I can speak for Jeff. A good friend that does excellent work.

turbokon

Great haul Samuria!! Games looks in great condition and complete in cases. I paid $70 (after haggling) from a pawn shop for one with 10 games and only a few were in it's cases.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Sparky

Quote from: turbokon on 06/17/2012, 12:08 PMPicked up our first Mac yesterday. They say once you go Mac, you'll never go back.
It's true.. Have 2 ipads in the family now, they have been dropped and throw by my 2 year old and holding strong. Lick it pc !!

PikachuWarrior

I really wouldn't call an ipad in the same vein as a mac laptop. I have an ipad too, and thought about getting an iphone 4S, but my android phone has been too invaluable to me to switch. ;p
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/17/2012, 09:02 PMis that montezuma's complete? all said that sounds like a great starter deal.

Yes, it is complete and it great condition! I've seen that title go for $25+ so it's what attracted me to the deal. I agree it's a great starter set, but I'm far from a SMS beginner as I've had the system since it was released new BITD, but I am still quite a but away from completing my collection, so I've been buying lots like these as well as individual games like crazy these days.  NSTC SMS is probably the only system I'd ever consider going for a complete collection with but it will still take me years. Condition starts becoming an issue with the instructions and inserts. The white looks great but gets dirty so easily.

As for the mod I'm definitely interested in modding my original SMS to s-video and possibly FM sound. I know they output RBG natively but I don't have an RBG capable TV at the moment. As for FM sound I'm on the fence... I have a Japanese SMS and the FM sounds great, but I also like the original audio. Can you mod it so you can switch FM on or off? I'll send you a PM.

Sparky

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/17/2012, 10:39 PMI really wouldn't call an ipad in the same vein as a mac laptop. I have an ipad too, and thought about getting an iphone 4S, but my android phone has been too invaluable to me to switch. ;p
Hahaha been using a Mac since the early 90s.....Laptop, computer or a simple ipad.....It's a win any way you look at it (( shrugs))

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: guest on 06/17/2012, 11:20 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/17/2012, 10:39 PMI really wouldn't call an ipad in the same vein as a mac laptop. I have an ipad too, and thought about getting an iphone 4S, but my android phone has been too invaluable to me to switch. ;p
I do 99% of my posting on these boards from my iPad. It's just too convenient. For example, I'm on the toilet right now, browsing the forums. I use my laptop for actual work, and the iPad for surfing the net and messing around.
Hahaha been using a Mac since the early 90s.....Laptop, computer or a simple ipad.....It's a win any way you look at it (( shrugs))

roflmao

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/17/2012, 08:29 PMSome gal on craigslist had a box of SMS stuff for $160, and she accepted an offer of $130. Two systems (pretty beat up) hook ups, controllers, 3D glasses, and about 30 games (about half complete) including a couple more uncommon titles and a good selection overall. Good deal?
Absolutely.  Even if neither system worked and all the games did, you'd be in the black.  Great deal.  I'm very tempted to offer something for the Hang-On & Astro Warrior cart.

Mathius

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/17/2012, 11:10 PM

Yes, it is complete and it great condition! I've seen that title go for $25+ so it's what attracted me to the deal. I agree it's a great starter set, but I'm far from a SMS beginner as I've had the system since it was released new BITD, but I am still quite a but away from completing my collection, so I've been buying lots like these as well as individual games like crazy these days.  NSTC SMS is probably the only system I'd ever consider going for a complete collection with but it will still take me years. Condition starts becoming an issue with the instructions and inserts. The white looks great but gets dirty so easily.

As for the mod I'm definitely interested in modding my original SMS to s-video and possibly FM sound. I know they output RBG natively but I don't have an RBG capable TV at the moment. As for FM sound I'm on the fence... I have a Japanese SMS and the FM sounds great, but I also like the original audio. Can you mod it so you can switch FM on or off? I'll send you a PM.
The mod that Jeff did for me has a switch where you can switch between FM and PSG.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Mathius on 06/17/2012, 11:57 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/17/2012, 11:10 PM

Yes, it is complete and it great condition! I've seen that title go for $25+ so it's what attracted me to the deal. I agree it's a great starter set, but I'm far from a SMS beginner as I've had the system since it was released new BITD, but I am still quite a but away from completing my collection, so I've been buying lots like these as well as individual games like crazy these days.  NSTC SMS is probably the only system I'd ever consider going for a complete collection with but it will still take me years. Condition starts becoming an issue with the instructions and inserts. The white looks great but gets dirty so easily.

The mod that Jeff did for me has a switch where you can switch between FM and PSG.
Perfect!! I'll probably go ahead and do it if he is willing! Love me some SMS.

Bernie

Got these in the mail today.  :)  Some of it is going to my step-son now that he is getting into the Turbo.   :mrgreen:
IMG

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

Mishran

While it isn't a today purchase, its an accumulation of the past few weeks. Since I'm on what seems to be a stall on PCE/TG collecting, with the ridiculous prices floating around, I've been buying up NES games. Most of these was from my saturday trip to TooManyGames in Philly as well as a pit stop to a couple local game shops. Did get to hold a complete and mint copy of Beyond Shadowgate that a game store had, but the $300 price tag wasn't doing it for me so I reluctantly left it.  :(

Can't get my pics to upload correctly, so I'll just list them.

NES
Afterburner (Tengen)
Barker Bill's Trick Shooting
Baseball
Bigfoot
Crystalis - Currently in my NES, love this game!
Duck Hunt x2 (One contains Famicom adapter)
Excitebike
Golf
Gotcha!: The Sport
Gumshoe
Gyromite (Famicom adapter version)
Hogan's Alley
Joust
Kung Fu
Mach Rider
Operation Wolf
Pac-Man (Tengen)
Pinball
Q*Bert
Rad Racer
Rampage
Shadowgate
Slalom
Soccer
Strider
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3
Tetris 1 and 2
To The Earth
Ultima: Exodus
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wheel of Fortune (Wife's pick)
Wheel of Fortune: Family Edition (Wife's pick)
World Class Track Meet
Xevious
Yoshi

Famicom
Gunhed - Thought this was a shooter, but it's a turn based game similar to Military Madness. Likely to resell this one.
Star Force - Simple, but good shooter game.

NecroPhile

Picked up nice, complete copies of Terra Cresta II, Dead Moon, and Bonk's Revenge (all PCE versions) for $112 shipped.  Did I do alright or do I need to turn in my F@CK EBAY card?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

TC II caravan mode is the best part of the game!@!
IMG

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

damn does the Vita port of those offer anything the PS3 didnt?
IMG

PikachuWarrior

It's the same as the ps3 version except it lacks MGS Peace Walker (PSP port) in HD.
IMG

Opethian

so it has all the sustance / subsitance stuff on the games as well?
IMG

Joe Redifer

Still no Metal Gear Solid 1.  That game simply isn't popular enough for HD, it can go straight to hell.  Everyone wants to play as Raiden, anyway.

Mathius

I think I am going to pick up the PS3 version just so I can play the MSX originals.

PikachuWarrior

MGS is on Gamecube under Twin Snakes. Haven't played that one yet.
IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Mathius on 06/18/2012, 11:51 PMI think I am going to pick up the PS3 version just so I can play the MSX originals.
To be honest the versions included with the PS2 and PS3 releases are not the MSX originals. 
They are actually ports of the cellphone versions.  Same game, but they use new character portraits
instead of what's on MSX.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

MGS is awful.  One of the worst gaming experiences of the PSX generation IMO.  Stealth just drives me nuts, I just want to bust peoples faces at my leisure.  Cinema after cinema just further slows the already sleep inducing pace.

SuperDeadite

I really like Metal Gear 2 on MSX.  Worth the hefty price it costs these days.  And ironically it makes MGS look really half-assed as Kojima reused a lot of ideas for MGS.  Like 80% of Metal Gear 2 is recycled for MGS, which would be ok if it was full on remake, but it's not it's a sequel with a different story, makes Snake look a real moron too as a lot of plot twists are 100% the same in both games.

Opethian

IMG
coming soon...Dr Paolo! but for now this will do
IMG

BlueBMW

Such a coincidence Opethian! My copy came today as well!

/x68k/Drac68k.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

Both of you need to hook that shit up to a proper LA Synth module.  CM-64 preferred. :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/19/2012, 08:27 PMBoth of you need to hook that shit up to a proper LA Synth module.  CM-64 preferred. :)
Its running on the SC-55... while not the LA module, still sounds great IMO.  The CM-64 hasnt arrived yet :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

In that game LA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GS mode.  One of the best LA soundtracks on the system. 
Oh also that game has an undocumented GM mode as well.  On the MIDI screen hold XF1 and push G to select it.
Then you can use any General MIDI compatible synth like Yamaha, Korg, etc.  Your SC-55 is GM compatible,
it will sound very similar though.

TheClash603

Virtual Cameraman, very nice Ope!

...however, I will say I am a bit dismayed by you beating me to Dr. Paolo.  I'll just assume it is because you are a bigger pervert than me.  It will be mine one day!

All that X68000 looks pretty damn cool.  Confusing, but cool.

SuperDeadite

He bought one of the two I told you about. ;)

PikachuWarrior

Purchased the following:

--Mega Media X-Change--
Kirby Air Ride Gamecube: $9.00

--Half Price Books--
Super Mario Galaxy Collector's Guide: $9.00
Tail's Adventure GameGear (w/ Manual): $9.00

--Pawn America--
N64 Gameshark: $5.00
Nintendo DS Lite: $40.00
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/19/2012, 09:06 PMHe bought one of the two I told you about. ;)
I need to figure out how to buy stuff in Japan.  Seems like it would make A.) my life easier and B.) my life cheaper.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/19/2012, 10:34 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/19/2012, 09:06 PMHe bought one of the two I told you about. ;)
I need to figure out how to buy stuff in Japan.  Seems like it would make A.) my life easier and B.) my life cheaper.
a) easier after you spend forever figuring out how to shop for japanese goods b) you'll be more broke after you scoop up too many good deals and the shipping charges hit ya

Samurai Ghost

If you can ship by SAL it ain't too bad. Just under 2 kg only costs about $20. That's a lot of games!

turbokon

Me too! What's a good english website to buy stuff from japan without having to go through eBay??

www.tg16pcemods.com

PunkCryborg

Quote from: turbokon on 06/20/2012, 10:38 AM
Me too! What's a good english website to buy stuff from japan without having to go through eBay??
Rakuten, Game of Japan, Japan Game Stock