Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

PCE: Outrun (maybe not quite as good as the Genesis version, but still fun)

Genesis: Dragons Fury (not quite as good as the PCE version, but still fun)

X68k: Mahou Daisakusen (not quite as good as the arcade version, but still fun)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/04/2012, 10:05 AMPCE: Outrun (maybe not quite as good as the Genesis version, but still fun)

Genesis: Dragons Fury (not quite as good as the PCE version, but still fun)

X68k: Mahou Daisakusen (not quite as good as the arcade version, but still fun)
:lol:

Lilgrafx

Just beat the 7th castle in Super Mario world, I know it maybe considered a video game sin but I've never bothered to beat this game.
Also just got the 4th crystal star in Paper Mario 1,000 year door, I'm trying to beat them all before the new one comes out.

munchiaz

Been Playing Pokemon conquest. Only a few hours into so far. Its okay, i just hope the battles and options during the battles get a bit deeper

Lilgrafx

A Lot of SNES games.

Super Mario World- Beat It! Super easy, but It's mario so of course it's still great.

Mick Mouse Circus Mystery- Really like this game, you can beat it in like 30 minutes so I've played through it like 3 times

Goof troop- Fantastic 2 player puzzler, playing through with a buddy

DK Country- On the forth world, the snow levels are tricky!

VenomMacbeth

Beaten Power Strike II (GG Aleste II) three times now.  Once on easy, twice on normal.  It's not an especially hard game, especially if you use napalm, but it's still quite challenging & fun.

[EDIT] Just beat it on mania.  Napalm really makes this game beatable.  Notice I didn't say easy.  :lol: Then again, I'm not very good at video games.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/23/2012, 02:19 PMDK Country- On the forth world, the snow levels are tricky!
The first snow level is one of my most favorite levels!  Might be because I love snow, but still!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

played and beat Smash TV on the SNES on easy a few nights ago. Also played some Oso tatake Ouendan on the DS last night. I was gunna play Sweet home for the NES tonight, but if you've seen my post in the "what did u buy today" thread, then u know how that turned out.

esteban

R-Type 1 & 2 on PlayStation. :pcgs:

tats will appreciate it, at least.

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/24/2012, 03:04 AMplayed and beat Smash TV on the SNES on easy a few nights ago.
I loved that game. When it was released for SNES, I continued to love it. :pcgs: It's one of my earliest memories of SNES.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

I love me some Smash TV on SNES.  I feel it's better than the arcade version, especially in the music department.  Even with some of the violence taken out I feel it's a better game than the arcade.  Also playing it on the controller feels a tad easier, but I haven't played Smash TV in the arcade for well over 22 years.  Playing it in mame just isn't the same.  I will always pick up Smash TV and play it on my SNES. 

I am currently playing nothing atm.  Sadly I've  been to busy as of late.  Last time I even played a video game was last week.  That was Ys Chronicles 1&2 on my Vita.

Mathius

Quote from: geise on 07/25/2012, 07:09 AMI love me some Smash TV on SNES.  I feel it's better than the arcade version, especially in the music department.  Even with some of the violence taken out I feel it's a better game than the arcade.  Also playing it on the controller feels a tad easier, but I haven't played Smash TV in the arcade for well over 22 years.  Playing it in mame just isn't the same.  I will always pick up Smash TV and play it on my SNES.  

I am currently playing nothing atm.  Sadly I've  been to busy as of late.  Last time I even played a video game was last week.  That was Ys Chronicles 1&2 on my Vita.
Get Midway Arcade Treasures Vol. 1 to try the arcade version in its original control scheme. :)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/23/2012, 10:40 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/23/2012, 02:19 PMDK Country- On the forth world, the snow levels are tricky!
The first snow level is one of my most favorite levels!  Might be because I love snow, but still!
Just clear DK Country! I really love the snow levels too, but my favorite would have to be the underwater ones I love the music

esteban

Quote from: geise on 07/25/2012, 07:09 AMI love me some Smash TV on SNES.  I feel it's better than the arcade version, especially in the music department.  Even with some of the violence taken out I feel it's a better game than the arcade.  Also playing it on the controller feels a tad easier, but I haven't played Smash TV in the arcade for well over 22 years.  Playing it in mame just isn't the same.  I will always pick up Smash TV and play it on my SNES. 

I am currently playing nothing atm.  Sadly I've  been to busy as of late.  Last time I even played a video game was last week.  That was Ys Chronicles 1&2 on my Vita.
Absolutley. I hear ya, comrade. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/25/2012, 01:34 PMJust clear DK Country! I really love the snow levels too, but my favorite would have to be the underwater ones I love the music
Do you have DKC2 ready to go?

Mathius

Cleared Super Castlevania IV for the first time!

munchiaz

Played some UN squadron last night. The game is super fun.

Mathius

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/26/2012, 05:15 PMPlayed some UN squadron last night. The game is super fun.
An awesome shootie for sure! I love the music too. I believe I am in the minority on that one.

munchiaz

Quote from: Mathius on 07/26/2012, 08:29 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 07/26/2012, 05:15 PMPlayed some UN squadron last night. The game is super fun.
An awesome shootie for sure! I love the music too. I believe I am in the minority on that one.
I thought the soundtrack was awesome. The songs are catchy as hell.

Joe Redifer

The music would be better if the instruments were better.  The fake guitars and trumpets are quite disturbing.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/27/2012, 10:16 AMThe music would be better if the instruments were better.  The fake guitars and trumpets are quite disturbing.
Yeah, I never much cared for the "rock" synthesis on the SNES (compare the SNES version of Desert Strike to the Genesis version, you'll see what I mean.)  The SNES does better on orchestral tracks.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

BlueBMW

I got my rear end handed to me by Image Fight (x68000) today.  I beat stage 5 (got 93% avg!) so no penalty stage... but Stage 5 is BRUTAL, and Stage 6 is death.

DrBread

Playing some Wind Waker. Shit's really nice :)
I really like video games...

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/28/2012, 06:55 PMI got my rear end handed to me by Image Fight (x68000) today.  I beat stage 5 (got 93% avg!) so no penalty stage... but Stage 5 is BRUTAL, and Stage 6 is death.
You got further than I have in the PCE version lol

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 07/28/2012, 08:24 PMYou got further than I have in the PCE version lol
This is the second time ever I passed stage 5....  Oh and it took about 10000 continues.

munchiaz

Went to a tournament for and played KOF 13 and SF 4. Last night played TMNT tournament fighter on the SNES with my brother and a friend for a few hours last night. I love that game so much. Also played a little Saturday night slam masters on the SNES

Lilgrafx

Got to the last level on Earth Defense Force, I like the way you power up weapons in the game, but they're all worthless except for Homing, Vulcan, and S.Laser. I bought Super Metroid and Actraiser for a total of $23 bucks and was pretty stoked to play Metroind, but the battery was dead :( so I played through the first 2 citys in Actrasier, one of my favorite games.

Lilgrafx

and I beat metal Slug 1st mission

Mathius

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/29/2012, 07:46 PMGot to the last level on Earth Defense Force, I like the way you power up weapons in the game, but they're all worthless except for Homing, Vulcan, and S.Laser. I bought Super Metroid and Actraiser for a total of $23 bucks and was pretty stoked to play Metroind, but the battery was dead :( so I played through the first 2 citys in Actrasier, one of my favorite games.
I bet someone here could replace it for you. I have an extra boxed copy but the controls are bugged out. Every action button is set to "X". Weird.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Mathius on 07/29/2012, 08:22 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/29/2012, 07:46 PMGot to the last level on Earth Defense Force, I like the way you power up weapons in the game, but they're all worthless except for Homing, Vulcan, and S.Laser. I bought Super Metroid and Actraiser for a total of $23 bucks and was pretty stoked to play Metroind, but the battery was dead :( so I played through the first 2 citys in Actrasier, one of my favorite games.
I bet someone here could replace it for you. I have an extra boxed copy but the controls are bugged out. Every action button is set to "X". Weird.
Yeah my brother is SNES god so I'm just gonna ship it to him so he can mess with it.

8bitForLife

on a minecraft server i mod on and some rondo of blood on my rx
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

VenomMacbeth

Finally broke 1,000,000 points in Geometry Wars on the 360 last night.  I got 1,041,161.  Nothing too excited, but I'm pretty proud of it.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

munchiaz

Starting playing Etrian odyssey 2 tonight. 30 mins in and i already died......im gunna love this game

Ji-L87

Finally Beat Ridge Racer. I've played the Hi-Spec demo before but I picked up the 1st game just the other day. That last reversed extra "Time trial" (why does a time trial have competing cars anyway?) was hell. And it made my thumb hurt too. But now I've beat it - with the red standard car no less...after wasting a lot of time with the blue and yellow ones : |
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Mathius

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 08/06/2012, 06:39 AMFinally Beat Ridge Racer. I've played the Hi-Spec demo before but I picked up the 1st game just the other day. That last reversed extra "Time trial" (why does a time trial have competing cars anyway?) was hell. And it made my thumb hurt too. But now I've beat it - with the red standard car no less...after wasting a lot of time with the blue and yellow ones : |
That's the only way I could ever beat RR was with the two compact cars. Their better handling is required.

munchiaz

Started playing final fantasy thertarhythm yesterday. Game is alot of fun. Really cute. Tons of replay value if ur in to rhythm games

geise

Ridge Racer Vita
Ys Chronicles I&II on Vita
Keith Courage
Buster Bros.
Side Arms HuCard

Ji-L87

Quote from: geise on 08/06/2012, 02:30 PMRidge Racer Vita
How is it? From the screenshots I've seen it seems to look like a portable version of 6/7.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

munchiaz

played and beat akai katana on the novice original setting.

geise

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 08/06/2012, 03:40 PM
Quote from: geise on 08/06/2012, 02:30 PMRidge Racer Vita
How is it? From the screenshots I've seen it seems to look like a portable version of 6/7.
I love it!  It has a couple tracks from those games and a couple new ones.  There's also about 93 music tracks.  The game is more of a play online kind of game now.  There's no real 1 player mode where you unlock stuff.  You can race in single player against cars to gain levels and points.  Points allow you to unlock extra abilities for you car.  The game looks amazing, but it's not always 60 fps.  I still love it and rock it every now and then, and I was a day one buyer.  I beat the Devil car a couple months back.  Now I'm working on beating the Angel car.  Racing online can get kinda hard to find a person that's your level.  Level 16 is the highest and I've been stuck at level 11 forever.   I don't know what I need to do to gain a higher level.  I unlocked all the car upgrades and beat people online in races. Still stuck at 11.  If you're a huge fan of the first Ridge Racer I think you'll like this version.  I say that because of content.  There's quite a bit more than the first RR game, but nothing like 6/7.

Munchiaz, Akai Katana is great!  I finally got used to the system.  Took some practice, but it's a great game.  It's nice to see some more Cave and "real" shooters make it state side.

roflmao

Played some NES Arkanoid tonight.

It brought back a lot of fond memories.

It was also the first time in forever that I threw my controller in frustration. :mrgreen:

(I should be able to reassemble the controller tomorrow. :oops:)

wilykat

I hope you didn't throw the hard to find Arkanoid controller.  It's a PITA to fix it.

roflmao

No, I didn't know they existed until you just now mentioned it.  Adding it to the wishlist... :)

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 01:08 AMPlayed some NES Arkanoid tonight.

It brought back a lot of fond memories.

It was also the first time in forever that I threw my controller in frustration. :mrgreen:

(I should be able to reassemble the controller tomorrow. :oops:)
It can be but it's a good thing it has a paddle controller,it would be impossible with out it.

Btw there is a sequel as well on the famicom (arkanoid II Revenge of Doh).
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

meka

Finished my first Castlevania game, Vampire Killer on the Mega Drive, now it's time to finally finish the PC Engine Cd one.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: meka on 08/07/2012, 01:39 PMFinished my first Castlevania game, Vampire Killer on the Mega Drive, now it's time to finally finish the PC Engine Cd one.
You've gotta do the first one on the NES, beating that game will put some hair on your chest

meka

That's funny, I've played that a bit, I'll play that inturn with the PCE CD one.

Mathius

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/07/2012, 04:19 PM
Quote from: meka on 08/07/2012, 01:39 PMFinished my first Castlevania game, Vampire Killer on the Mega Drive, now it's time to finally finish the PC Engine Cd one.
You've gotta do the first one on the NES, beating that game will put some hair on your chest
*Looks at chest....sees no hair*

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Mathius on 08/07/2012, 07:02 PM
Then you must not have beaten Castlevania :)

Mathius

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/07/2012, 07:08 PM
The only Castlevanias I have cleared so far have been Rondo of Blood (100%), Symphony of the Night, and Super Castlevania IV.

wilykat

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/07/2012, 07:08 PM
Or the poster is a woman!

PS beat the game only once!  I did 1 and 2 many times and my chest looks like Williams Robin. But that's OK, it offers better traction in bed ;) ;) ;)