@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/31/2012, 08:31 PMGot this in the mail IMG
Where did you get that from?  I know the ROM has been around for a while, didn't know it was on any carts.  Looks pretty nice!

PikachuWarrior

That's what was said about the dsi: xl. Bigger screens makes a huge difference in gameplay and distinguishing items in the game that you wouldn't normally see because the screen isn't as big on the regular dsi.

The 3ds xl has smaller changes, like button layout, and supposedly "less glare" on the screen. Not sure what that means (don't have a 3ds).
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/31/2012, 11:12 PMThat's what was said about the dsi: xl. Bigger screens makes a huge difference in gameplay and distinguishing items in the game that you wouldn't normally see because the screen isn't as big on the regular dsi.

The 3ds xl has smaller changes, like button layout, and supposedly "less glare" on the screen. Not sure what that means (don't have a 3ds).
:?:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/31/2012, 07:23 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/31/2012, 12:20 PMOh my Lord! That image of Tatsujin is BURNED INTO MY BRAIN.

My brain hurts.

It hurts.
don't worry too much, always think it's only a photoshopped image and doesn't have to do anything with reality :)
But tats--IT'S NOT PHOTOSHOPPED. That photo captured a reality that hurts my brain.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

My new electronic video endoscopy monitor!
Errrr Sony PVM 2030, the mac daddy of PVMs
The picture quality is terrific but I need to make a couple adjustments. Also ordered the 25pin to SCART cable for it so I can use the RGB. This pic doesn't do it justice.
/img0109800x5332.jpg

bartre

I just got this in the mail today, a significant upgrade from my old programmer, I've just got to figure it out now.

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4282

On top of that, I've recently obtained a boat of goodies, but i'll post it in a pic later

BlueBMW

Sweet PVM punk!  Bartre, let me know how well that programmer works.  My current one is a little flaky at times (I think its a chinese repro knockoff of one of the willem programmers)

My recent gets:

Mixer for the X68000 midi stuff, no more swapping cables etc.
/Mix.jpg

And an FM Towns II + Tatsujin Oh!
/FMT.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando

TheClash603

FM Towns is badass.

I said it before and I say it again.  You got all the toys!

Mathius

Opethian

those look mighty familiar :D nice hauly!
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Opethian on 08/01/2012, 11:43 PMthose look mighty familiar :D nice hauly!
Hehe, what Towns system do you have now?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

IMG

bartre

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/01/2012, 11:21 PMBartre, let me know how well that programmer works.  My current one is a little flaky at times (I think its a chinese repro knockoff of one of the willem programmers)
well, as of now, i've tested it with about a dozen chips, and there's really no comparison.
this thing is pretty sweet, i've had 0 problems.
as a point of comparison, it typically took me 6-10 minutes to program a 27c801 eprom chip with 1 Megabyte of data.
on the GQ-4X, 46.47 seconds.

additionally, the software is infinitely better and simpler.

BlueBMW

Quote from: bartre on 08/02/2012, 12:08 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/01/2012, 11:21 PMBartre, let me know how well that programmer works.  My current one is a little flaky at times (I think its a chinese repro knockoff of one of the willem programmers)
well, as of now, i've tested it with about a dozen chips, and there's really no comparison.
as a point of comparison, it typically took me 6-10 minutes to program a 27c801 eprom chip with 1 Megabyte of data.

What did that programmer run you?  And where did you get it? :)

bartre

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/02/2012, 12:13 AM
Quote from: bartre on 08/02/2012, 12:08 AM

What did that programmer run you?  And where did you get it? :)
I nabbed it from the link I posted earlier:
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4282

including shipping, it ran me about $110, though i think you might be able to charge it via a few different currencies, so maybe if you pick one that converts poorly, you can save a few bucks.
so far, no regrets, though i'll need to figure out how to use adapters all over again, since there aren't any jumper settings.

munchiaz

recent pickups. I got my Sweet home game finally in after getting the box for it like 5 days ago. Also got a lil obey

IMG

IMG

Samurai Ghost

munchiaz

This came in the mail today. Gotta hurry up and finish etrian odyssey to play this

IMG

SMF

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/31/2012, 03:01 PM/20120731135653.jpg

Came in today. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS. Mark of Mastery Edition. $16.51.
Hey I got that also lol, Cept I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver it. I can't bitch tho it was free with a giftcard I got. Thought for sure I would have receivedit by now tho........... Maybe tomorrow.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/02/2012, 09:54 PMThis came in the mail today. Gotta hurry up and finish etrian odyssey to play this

IMG
The preorder watch is really nice. I made a Youtube video about it few years back.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/03/2012, 01:12 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 08/02/2012, 09:54 PMThis came in the mail today. Gotta hurry up and finish etrian odyssey to play this

IMG
The preorder watch is really nice. I made a Youtube video about it few years back.
I didn't know about that watch when this game dropped. Damn its pretty cool. If u know where i can get one let me know

PikachuWarrior

Realistically ebay is your best bet but they are over $100 now. At one point you could have purchased them off the aksys website for $5. Lol
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/03/2012, 03:41 AMRealistically ebay is your best bet but they are over $100 now. At one point you could have purchased them off the aksys website for $5. Lol
i missed out then. No way im paying those ebay assholes $100

ApolloBoy

Picked up some cool stuff for my birthday on Wednesday, first of which was a PVM-1344Q monitor to replace the PVM-1390 I had been using for a year. I'm still keeping the old one I had, but my main beef with it was that it didn't have PAL support, which I need for my Amiga. Thankfully the new one does and it looks every bit as good!

After that I went over to a local game store with my friends and managed to get a nice deal with the owner. I'll be fixing up a few NESes and a couple of SNESes for him, and in exchange I got Hermie Hopperhead and the Japanese version of Rival Schools for the PS1, all complete and in nice condition!
IMG

tsuran

Not much, but I am excited to play some of these!
IMG
Posting is overrated.

munchiaz

Opethian

IMG

Samurai Ghost

The Guardian Legend is an awesome game!

turbokon

There was a transformer expo today and I picked up these.
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

tpivette

Purchased a PC-FX system and lot of 24 games... came in the mail today

IMG
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

esteban

Quote from: tpivette on 08/04/2012, 03:45 PMPurchased a PC-FX system and lot of 24 games... came in the mail today

IMG
Please send all contents to me when you get bored of them. Thank you.

:pcgs:

SuperPlay

8bitForLife

air zonk boxed
ordyne boxed
sinistron complete
blazing lazers complete
soldier blade jp complete
aero blasters complete
does the balki happy dance
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

PCEngineHell

Quote from: turbokon on 08/04/2012, 01:22 PMThere was a transformer expo today and I picked up these.
IMG
Rodimus should never be bigger then Bruticus.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 08/04/2012, 04:53 PM
Quote from: tpivette on 08/04/2012, 03:45 PMPurchased a PC-FX system and lot of 24 games... came in the mail today

IMG

Toss it this way when you are done, Esty!

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 08/04/2012, 08:22 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/04/2012, 04:53 PM

IMG

Toss it this way when you are done, Esty!
Absolutely, my friend. :pcgs:

lwizardl

Frank_fjs

Sweet PC-FX, let us know what you think of it when you have the time to play it.

Nice MS bundle there too, gotta love the card games.

lwizardl

I just started to get into the master system more. When growing up all I had was rocky and great basketball. I am currently up to 18 games

Lilgrafx

My brother sent me Super Mario RPG and Micro machines for free

tpivette

Thanks for the compliments on my recent PC-FX aquirement, guys!

I havent had much time to play the system yet, but when I spend a few hours with some of the games and get an idea, I'll keep you posted. First impressions is that its pretty neat. The graphics and FMV capabilities are above and beyond the PC Engine, and seeing that out of an NEC console is awesome. Too bad it didnt catch on and have a more extensive game library. Wouldve been interesting to see where the system wouldve gone with more support.

Anyway, I'm just about done with my game room. Added a 2nd 40" TV, and hooked up all the systems and tucked the wiring out of sight. It's 100% functional now. Just need some kind of comfy game seats, as right now theres only a spare twin bed that I sit on while playing.

IMG
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Frank_fjs

Quote from: tpivette on 08/05/2012, 12:04 PMToo bad it didnt catch on and have a more extensive game library. Wouldve been interesting to see where the system wouldve gone with more support.
Totally agree. I think some really cool games could have been unleashed on the PC-FX, such a shame it didn't take off. I have the same feelings re the SGX.

munchiaz

Just got this lot from a friend. Traded him the extra club nintendo skyward sword zelda poster i had and $15. Sucks that the one game i wanted the most splatterhouse is not working. Hope i can get it to work. Also i will be doing a raffle soon for Bonk and Keith Courage. So keep an eye out for that.

IMG

Also picked up this. Not sure why i waited so long for it. I loved Oso tatake Ouendan on the DS, and that game only had like 15 songs. This has over 70

IMG

Bernie

Bought Toilet Kids today.  Should be here in a couple weeks I figure.  ;)

Tatsujin

LOL, I bet you can't wait to fire it up ;D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bernie

roflmao

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/05/2012, 12:01 PMMy brother sent me Super Mario RPG and Micro machines for free
Every few years I play through Super Mario RPG.  Such a great game.

Ji-L87

Quote from: tpivette on 08/05/2012, 12:04 PMAnyway, I'm just about done with my game room. Added a 2nd 40" TV, and hooked up all the systems and tucked the wiring out of sight.
It's 100% functional now. Just need some kind of comfy game seats, as right now theres only a spare twin bed that I sit on while playing.

IMG
Just wanted to say I really like your twin TV-setup - very stylish! How well does those Samsungs perform for retro gaming though?
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.