OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Congrats!  Valis III has got to have some of the worst packaging artwork ever. That alone makes me want it. :D

Sparky

Nice roflmao!!..... and speaking of Beamer look what i got in the mail yesterday from him :).... My Duo back with new caps in her, and which is NEW a Duo box with bits and the manual :)
also got a few games locally but the RE and Fear came from Beamer as well.

IMG
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2012, 05:19 PMCongrats!  Valis III has got to have some of the worst packaging artwork ever. That alone makes me want it. :D
It most certainly does. Her boob armor is pointy!
IMG

SMF

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2012, 04:52 PM
Quote from: Nando on 07/18/2012, 03:25 PMI need to get the top cover for mine, as for the power cables, here ya go http://www.retrogamecave.com/nec-ac_adapter.html

That's where I got mine from. Highly recommend them.
Thanks!  I'm a big fan for retrogamecave.  Strangely enough, Chuck, the guy that runs retrogamecave, sent me a VHS demo tape of obscure PCE games back in the late '90s when we were both on the Turbo Mailing List.  He's a good guy. :)  I'll be picking up another of his AC adapters soon.
Glad to see the system arrived to you. Nice haul also.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

JapanTokei

BlueBeamer is THE Man on this board.  amazing guy

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2012, 05:20 PMNice roflmao!!..... and speaking of Beamer look what i got in the mail yesterday from him :).... My Duo back with new caps in her, and which is NEW a Duo box with bits and the manual :)
also got a few games locally but the RE and Fear came from Beamer as well.

IMG

IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2012, 03:10 PMHere's what I picked up at Turbo Fest as well as a few other things that came in just before or while I was there:
(you can click on the images for larger versions)

IMG

I took a couple of closeups of the Duo for Bernie (Thanks again Bernie!)
IMG

BlueBMW worked his magic on this Duo.  I'm sure the insides look as awesome as the outside does.  Hiding in the corner to the right is a really slick region switch.
IMG

These came from Alexsduo's vendor booth.  Great guy to deal with.  I'm so happy to have Cadash back in my collection without having to drop a ton of money on it.  Thanks again!
IMG

Master System games came from Jeff.  :D
IMG

I won the briefcase unit from SMF's raffle.  Woot!  Thanks so much!  Now I just need to track down appropriate power cables and a CD add-on.
IMG

Hoobs was gracious enough to send me the manuals.  Thanks so much!  Power League III was a raffle win from Jibbajabba.  Thanks!
IMG
I hate this thread.  :cry:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mathius

Your day will come, Fifty. Patience, brother.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mathius on 07/18/2012, 10:47 PMYour day will come, Fifty. Patience, brother.
God I hope so.  Having two kids really puts a damper on me attending anything like Turbofest.  I love my kids, but man I wish I could go back 10 years and waste some of my days on the road looking for this stuff.  I'm not in a dry area, but finding TG/PCE anything around Ottawa is brutal.  The worst was walking into a store called Cumleigh's on Bank Street.  They had NES, SNES, GameBoy, Genesis, SMS, but no TG.  So I asked the girl behind the counter if they had any in stock.  She looked at me with 18 year old eyes and said "Turbo-what?  Never heard of it."  I wanted to slap her across the face, but I was so overwhelmed with her comment that I just lowered my head, turned tail and ran out the door crying.  I never felt older in my life than at that point.

BlueBMW

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/18/2012, 11:21 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/18/2012, 10:47 PMYour day will come, Fifty. Patience, brother.
God I hope so.  Having two kids really puts a damper on me attending anything like Turbofest.  I love my kids, but man I wish I could go back 10 years and waste some of my days on the road looking for this stuff.  I'm not in a dry area, but finding TG/PCE anything around Ottawa is brutal.  The worst was walking into a store called Cumleigh's on Bank Street.  They had NES, SNES, GameBoy, Genesis, SMS, but no TG.  So I asked the girl behind the counter if they had any in stock.  She looked at me with 18 year old eyes and said "Turbo-what?  Never heard of it."  I wanted to slap her across the face, but I was so overwhelmed with her comment that I just lowered my head, turned tail and ran out the door crying.  I never felt older in my life than at that point.
Was she hot?

Someone had to ask...

But yeah, every year that passes makes me feel older and older :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

VenomMacbeth

Well...I was really excited for this...

IMG

I mean, it's an awesome game, but...the quality of this repro...ugh...let's just say I got "Dump'd".  Nudge-nudge.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Tatsujin

ahlol, it's a repro. and I already thought "WOW" :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VenomMacbeth

Yeah, it's a SMS port of GG Aleste II.  It acquired some little bugs when ported to the SMS, but it's still a fun game.  No way would I spend $100+ on the actual Power Strike II on the SMS.  It looks nice, but I'd much rather just have the first Power Strike game.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Tatsujin

So this isn't the real Power Strike II, but a ported GG Aleste II to the SMS, and comes with fake Power Strike II cover and lables? strange stuff..lol.

I have only Aleste 1 on my SMS.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/19/2012, 12:30 AMSo this isn't the real Power Strike II, but a ported GG Aleste II to the SMS, and comes with fake Power Strike II cover and lables? strange stuff..lol.

I have only Aleste 1 on my SMS.
Yes, fake.  Very fake.  PAINFULLY fake.  So fake I'm tempted to try to create my own.  Bear in mind, though, that GG Aleste II was called Power Strike II in the PAL region.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Joe Redifer

The real Power Strike 2 on the SMS is a completely different game than the GG version,oddly.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/19/2012, 01:55 AMThe real Power Strike 2 on the SMS is a completely different game than the GG version,oddly.
And both are also completely different from the real Aleste 2 (MSX only).
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

tpivette

God I hope so.  Having two kids really puts a damper on me attending anything like Turbofest.  I love my kids, but man I wish I could go back 10 years and waste some of my days on the road looking for this stuff.  I'm not in a dry area, but finding TG/PCE anything around Ottawa is brutal.  The worst was walking into a store called Cumleigh's on Bank Street.  They had NES, SNES, GameBoy, Genesis, SMS, but no TG.  So I asked the girl behind the counter if they had any in stock.  She looked at me with 18 year old eyes and said "Turbo-what?  Never heard of it."  I wanted to slap her across the face, but I was so overwhelmed with her comment that I just lowered my head, turned tail and ran out the door crying.  I never felt older in my life than at that point.
I know exactly how you feel. I scour craigslist daily, and make weekly trips to all the local buy&sell video game stores and always come up dry. Tons of Genesis/SNES stuff, but I get the strangest looks from people when asking about the Turbo... even if they are older than I am (I turn 34 this year). You'd think anyone who owns/runs a retro gaming store would have at least HEARD of the system...

I too am waiting for my miracle haul of TG16 stuff like every other member here seems to stumble across. One day... maybe...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: tpivette on 07/19/2012, 06:26 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I scour craigslist daily, and make weekly trips to all the local buy&sell video game stores and always come up dry. Tons of Genesis/SNES stuff, but I get the strangest looks from people when asking about the Turbo... even if they are older than I am (I turn 34 this year). You'd think anyone who owns/runs a retro gaming store would have at least HEARD of the system...

I too am waiting for my miracle haul of TG16 stuff like every other member here seems to stumble across. One day... maybe...
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'm in pretty much the same boat.  It took me forever to acquire my PCE, and I still only have two games for it. :/  I've gotten lucky on craigslist recently, what with finding an Intellivision, ColecoVision, and a Saturn, but I never find any turbob.  So, best of luck to you!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Lilgrafx

SNES
Mickey Mouse Circus mystery $4
Goof Troop $4
Earth Defense Force $2

roflmao

I've seen Earth Defense Force locally and have been tempted to pick it up.  Is it any fun?

turbokon

Yeah, I get the same response when I asked around at places like the pawn shops, flea market and the game exchange shops.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/19/2012, 05:09 PMSNES
Goof Troop $4
Earth Defense Force $2
Quote from: guest on 07/19/2012, 05:23 PMI've seen Earth Defense Force locally and have been tempted to pick it up.  Is it any fun?
Thats a crazy coincidence.  I also picked up Earth Defense Force...  Though I paid many many times what you paid for it :(  I'm always glad to have another shooter for the cab though.

/EDF_PCB.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

It may be the way the pic was taken but that PCB looks as big as a table!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 07/19/2012, 08:46 PMIt may be the way the pic was taken but that PCB looks as big as a table!
Not that big by any means, but its large as far as PCBs go.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mathius on 07/19/2012, 08:46 PMIt may be the way the pic was taken but that PCB looks as big as a table!
Nakatomi Plaza from the movie Die Hard wasn't as tall as that PCB. 

I love when I get to drop an 80's Die Hard reference. :)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/19/2012, 07:54 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/19/2012, 05:09 PMSNES
Goof Troop $4
Earth Defense Force $2 
Quote from: guest on 07/19/2012, 05:23 PMI've seen Earth Defense Force locally and have been tempted to pick it up.  Is it any fun?
Thats a crazy coincidence.  I also picked up Earth Defense Force...  Though I paid many many times what you paid for it :(  I'm always glad to have another shooter for the cab though.
You may have paid more but I'm sure the arcade version is a little different from the snes version haha. And Rolfmao, I only played the first 2 levels but it's seems like a quality shooter, suffers from slow down like a lot of SNES shooters but if it's only a few bucks you should pick it up.

Tatsujin

yeah, arcade and SFC are quite different games, but using similar elements but in a different environment or order. altough I have to say, both are more in the medicore range of classic shewties. I enjoyed the SFC one back in the days, but today, after a level of playing (especially the first very long very repetitive one) i'll hit the reset button.

there was that later level on the SFC with the zooming in space station which wasn't in the arcade and which i quite liked. when the big lasers coming down and cutting that whole thing appart. SPACE DRAMA DELUXE! LOL.

dingsbums

Games: /nn8cc7.jpg

Japanese KitKats are eatable gold  8) .

/295x37d.jpg

Nando

Quote from: dingsbums on 07/20/2012, 03:20 PMJapanese KitKats are eatable gold  8) .

/295x37d.jpg
I've always wanted to try these.

Nice lot of games too btw. What's the silvery one with the girl on it?

Ji-L87

That KitKat vanilla ice cream and Blueberry chessecake, do want.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SMF

I need to try those Kit Kats and the Oreos. We never get the fun food here in the states.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

dingsbums

Quote from: Nando on 07/20/2012, 03:36 PMNice lot of games too btw. What's the silvery one with the girl on it?
That's the Japanese version of Guardian Legend (Guardic Gaiden).

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 07/20/2012, 03:37 PMThat KitKat vanilla ice cream and Blueberry chessecake, do want.
These two were the ones I ordered - everything else in the pic was thrown in for free. The white peach (the pink one on the left) are the best.

Nando

Quote from: dingsbums on 07/20/2012, 03:57 PMThese two were the ones I ordered - everything else in the pic was thrown in for free. The white peach (the pink one on the left) are the best.
Where do you get them from? I know Jlist.com carries them from time to time.

Samurai Ghost

More SMS Love! A lot of Euro and Australian releases and an awesome dead stock micro switch joystick.

IMG
IMG

Mathius

I told my Doctor today that I am suffering from Master System Envy. It sucks!

PunkCryborg

Nice Laser Ghost and Psychic World
Laser Ghost is AWESOME! You never here about it, it's one of the BEST console light gun games ever and one of the best looking SMS games hands down. If only it had FM tunes it'd be just so freaking amazing.

PikachuWarrior

What does HE mean on PC Engine games?
IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/20/2012, 05:51 PMNice Laser Ghost and Psychic World
Laser Ghost is AWESOME! You never here about it, it's one of the BEST console light gun games ever and one of the best looking SMS games hands down. If only it had FM tunes it'd be just so freaking amazing.
Yeah I've been wanting to play this one for a long time!! But my light phasers are packed away in some mystery location so I may have to drive over to GameDude and pick one up tomorrow.

dingsbums

Quote from: Nando on 07/20/2012, 04:02 PMWhere do you get them from? I know Jlist.com carries them from time to time.
I got them from Rancor (Jeff) at shmups forum  :).

SuperPlay

PikachuWarrior

is that a guy or girl on the top?
IMG

Bernie

alexsduo

IMG

Got this over last week, my first turbo booster, with + SO EXCITED!!!!!!
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Samurai Ghost

BOXED TAKIN IT TO THE HOOP FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!

Just kidding, awesome pick up!!
Especially the boxed hardware.
Zach is pumped!!
(Zach must be the name of excited 90's guy on the TG16 box.)

alexsduo

My job here is complete...

The funny part is the stuff came in an old box, "Bob's Turbo Graphics"

I wonder if "Zach" is like the Dell guy, who got busted with drugs after his commercials.... can we find that guy and see what he is up to?
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

PCEngineHell

Quote from: alexsduo on 07/23/2012, 02:34 PMMy job here is complete...

The funny part is the stuff came in an old box, "Bob's Turbo Graphics"

I wonder if "Zach" is like the Dell guy, who got busted with drugs after his commercials.... can we find that guy and see what he is up to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Curtis_%28actor%29

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

FiftyQuid

Sweet pick up.  Those blue ice scrapers are uber RARE!  8)

fenix

Got these games off of Craigslist today. It's my first TG game in a box (Bomberman)! Joining this site must have been good luck or something because ever since I signed up, I've been finding TG in my area for once.

IMG