The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNKNostalgia

For one slot, MV-1A and MV-1FZ for the win!!! They have a socketed BIOS and you just need to do a simple mod for Stereo output.

If you go multi-slot. I would just go with the MV-2F. It has stereo out already and a memory card port. Tends to be stable with the 2 cart slot.

Sparky

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 09/20/2012, 11:36 PMthe "spine" part looks a little too big for your body frame, imo
Why would you even say that??
Anyway it looks pretty badass an original tggod, ya car nut :P

tggodfrey

Thanks Sparky. 

Some people just dont understand tattoos thats all.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Mathius

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/22/2012, 06:27 PMThanks Sparky. 

Well, I think it rocks. :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/22/2012, 06:27 PMThanks Sparky. 

How many hours did that take?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

tggodfrey

2.5 hours.  Had to stop the surface of the skin in the red areas was actually starting to get very raw.  Got to wait 3 weeks and go back for another 3 hours.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

syphic

Picked this up today on craigslist.

/l.jpg
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

ApolloBoy

Snagged Rockman & Forte for the Super Fami for around $22 on Fleabay. I've been waiting to pick this up for years at a decent price and sure enough one came along.
IMG

bob

Scottevest arrived this week and I can't take it off.

xcrement5x

Quote from: syphic on 09/24/2012, 11:33 PMPicked this up today on craigslist.

/l.jpg
Man, I want to live in your area if you get Craigslist finds like that.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bartre

Picked up the dead or alive 5 collectors edition today, along with Eat lead - the return of matt hazard.
both pretty good games, though EL has some flaws, and DOA5 has some bad english voices.

other than that, i finally got the parts i needed to customize my madcatz SE fightstick, i'll be putting up some pics soon.
and then i got bomberman 64, mace - the dark age, and resident evil 3, for N64, N64, and DC, for the sake of my collecting.

Hollo

Not today, but a few days back I got a Linux Kit for the Playstation2 - have no idea what to do with the thing now though.  :D
To read more about my retro hoarding here in Japan:
https://www.supergaijinultragamer.org/

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Hollo on 09/26/2012, 07:34 PMa few days back I got a Linux Kit for the Playstation2 - have no idea what to do with the thing now though.  :D
Make some games with it, duh. :)

Hollo

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/26/2012, 08:22 PM
Quote from: Hollo on 09/26/2012, 07:34 PMa few days back I got a Linux Kit for the Playstation2 - have no idea what to do with the thing now though.  :D
Make some games with it, duh. :)
Easier said than done my friend - I still can't find the time to even stuff around with the Famicom Basic!  :D

BlueBMW

Got in a Metal Slug 4 MVS cart (bootleg)  and a Soul Edge PCB from LameKat.  :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

OldMan

Use it to go online and find the pool game. (Is the ps2 linux area still up ?)
They had a lot of user-written code to play with, but the pool game was actually fun :)

SuperDeadite

'82 Donkey Kong.  Thank you HardOff :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Frank_fjs

FiftyQuid

Awesome SuperDeadite.  I used to play Donkey Kong on my G&W all the damn time.  Good memories!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Hollo

Nothing quite like a DK!  My first G&W when I was a kid, and still my favourite G&W now.

VestCunt

Wow. I used to have the Zelda G&W. I got it for Christmas '89 because my parents couldn't afford a Game Boy. Sold it at a garage sale a couple years later for $5. I tried searching for another one online recently, but totally forgot the "Game and Watch" moniker and couldn't find it until now. Prices look shitty.
Topic Adjourned.

bust3dstr8

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/26/2012, 09:42 PMGot in a Metal Slug 4 MVS cart (bootleg)  and a Soul Edge PCB from LameKat.  :D
Haha...finally the MS4 is gone. :)
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

TheClash603

I have that DK Game and Watch and love it.  I really enjoy DK 2 as well, probably more than the original.  Are those easy to come by in Japan?  I find them RARELY in the wild.

About once a week I pull out a G&W, love those games.  I have Fire loaded up and ready to go at all times.

SuperDeadite

Easy to find in the big name shops, but usually not cheap.  Really depends on the game though, the "pop-up" version of Popeye for example goes for about 60,000yen boxed and cibbler these days.... be aware though that rarity varies greatly across regions.  Popeye is stupid rare in Japan, but a lot more common in the rest of the world.  And with some games it's reverse.

Donkey Kong goes for about 5,000 loose in the normal shops.  Been waiting for a cheapy for a long time.

bob

/retro/magmax.jpg
/retro/eye.jpg

PikachuWarrior

I tried playing A D&D (sega cd) and can't figure out how to fight. I guess that's what a manual is for.
IMG

nectarsis

Some books I've been after for 2-3 years

/DSCN3264_zpsca1708f4.jpg
/DSCN3267_zpsac19d54f.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

chany60126

Nice haul you got there nect. What MVS game is that?

nectarsis

Quote from: chany60126 on 09/28/2012, 06:14 PMNice haul you got there nect. What MVS game is that?
Nam 75...got a sweet deal from Mishran (thanks again) :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

VestCunt

Nice games, Galam. I've had some good times with Magmax and the 4-player cart and one can never have too many versions of Dungeon Master.

I had a lot of fun playing Eye of the Beholder on the SNES last Summer. I'd recommend trying a gnome cleric/thief if you haven't started already. Single-class thieves are virtually useless, but it's nice to have the lockpicking ability to avoid the hassle of finding absolutely every key in the dungeon. Cleric/thieves advance much faster than other multiclass characters, almost as fast as a single-class wizard, and make for an interesting mix of healer/archerer
Topic Adjourned.

chany60126

Quote from: nectarsis on 09/28/2012, 06:16 PM
Quote from: chany60126 on 09/28/2012, 06:14 PMNice haul you got there nect. What MVS game is that?
Nice! That is one of my favorite games on the Neo. It is challenging, but once you master the sommersault maneuver, the game really opens up for you. :)

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 09/28/2012, 08:18 PM
Nice! That is one of my favorite games on the Neo. It is challenging, but once you master the sommersault maneuver, the game really opens up for you. :)
One of the few complaints I have against NAM is the inability to continue during the final boss battle.

chany60126

Got my first taste of 8-Bit Sega goodness. Looking forward to exploring the world of the Master System. :) Any game recommendations?
IMG

Mathius

Chany, there are a lot of SMS treasures! Be on the lookout for R-Type (second best conversion), Golvelius, the Wonder Boy series, Sonic, Rastan, Golden Axe Warrior, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Shinobi, and there are many more I can't remember. Happy gaming and get yourself an actual console soon! :D

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2012, 09:35 PMChany, there are a lot of SMS treasures! Be on the lookout for R-Type (second best conversion), Golvelius, the Wonder Boy series, Sonic, Rastan, Golden Axe Warrior, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Shinobi, and there are many more I can't remember. Happy gaming and get yourself an actual console soon! :D
yeah dont let rastan for pce throw you off, the sms version is pretty cool. I like Laser Ghost a lot, it's one of the coolest console light gun games EVER. If I still have some loose sms game you can have them, I'll check later.

TR0N

Be wary of the final boss on (NAM 1975) he has a pattern,that if you don't get down then it's game over.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VestCunt

Quote from: chany60126 on 09/28/2012, 08:39 PMGot my first taste of 8-Bit Sega goodness. Looking forward to exploring the world of the Master System. :) Any game recommendations?
Welcome to the SMS! There are lots of good games, but I'd recommend spending a good 2-4 weeks with just Alex Kidd to make sure you get the full experience. And be sure to get some long composite + AC cords so you can set the console under your coffee table and hit the pause button with your toe!
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2012, 12:59 AM
Quote from: chany60126 on 09/28/2012, 08:39 PMGot my first taste of 8-Bit Sega goodness. Looking forward to exploring the world of the Master System. :) Any game recommendations?
Welcome to the SMS! There are lots of good games, but I'd recommend spending a good 2-4 weeks with just Alex Kidd to make sure you get the full experience. And be sure to get some long composite + AC cords so you can set the console under your coffee table and hit the pause button with your toe!
If you are like me (enjoy platformers), then you MUST GET Wonderboy for SMS. Still one of my faves on the system. Yes, I still play it, even though I've played related kin (on other platforms) for at least 8 million hours (Adventure Island on NES, for example).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

I got a sweet brand new radiator for my piece of shit car. :|

chany60126

Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2012, 09:35 PMChany, there are a lot of SMS treasures! Be on the lookout for R-Type (second best conversion), Golvelius, the Wonder Boy series, Sonic, Rastan, Golden Axe Warrior, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Shinobi, and there are many more I can't remember. Happy gaming and get yourself an actual console soon! :D
Thanks for those recommendations. :) Hopefully sometime later I will pick up a console later. But the Power Base Converter is so nice since it hardly takes up any room and I can still use Master System controllers on my genny to still get that authentic Master System experience. 
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/28/2012, 09:45 PM
yeah dont let rastan for pce throw you off, the sms version is pretty cool. I like Laser Ghost a lot, it's one of the coolest console light gun games EVER. If I still have some loose sms game you can have them, I'll check later.
Rastan is definitely on my list of games to get. It looks similar to Legendary Axe. I'll keep Laser Ghost in mind as I enjoy light gun games too. There are actually several UK games I have my eye on like Alien Storm and the Sonics.

Haha! Might not be such a bad idea, especially since I have to access the menu to use power ups in Alex Kidd.
Quote from: esteban on 09/29/2012, 08:20 AM
If you are like me (enjoy platformers), then you MUST GET Wonderboy for SMS. Still one of my faves on the system. Yes, I still play it, even though I've played related kin (on other platforms) for at least 8 million hours (Adventure Island on NES, for example).
I love me some platforming action. Although I own their ports on the turbo and NES, I may pick some of these up just to compare.

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2012, 08:32 PM
Quote from: chany60126 on 09/28/2012, 08:18 PM
One of the few complaints I have against NAM is the inability to continue during the final boss battle.
Yeah, he is a pain in the ass. This was my third game I bought for my Neo Geo CD Toploader back in '96. I never really beat it back then.

There are two methods to beating it a little easier. You can die, let the continue screen count down and save on the last level before the boss using the memory save on the AES/NGCD to come back to the last stage whenever you want. Also, you can get a Unibios and set the game to MVS mode, choose 9 lives, then lower the challenge to 1 in the soft dip. Still, you can loose with those settings if you don't figure out the pattern a little bit. Another tip, if low on lives, is to die on purpose before the boss so you get a fresh continue.

bob

All great finds by members lately.

I hit a couple of thrift stores today.  The gba was in a baggie, and when I opened it, there was a game in it that I didn't even notice.  Namco Museum (not pictured).
Total cash outlay was under $30...

/retro/sept1.jpg
/retro/sept2.jpg
/retro/sept3.jpg

DrBread

I really like video games...

VestCunt

Quote from: galam on 09/29/2012, 07:26 PM/retro/sept1.jpg
Great NES games. Funny that Gauntlet came with a manual for Gauntlet 2.
"Red Wizard shot the food!"
Topic Adjourned.

bob

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2012, 08:23 PMGreat NES games. Funny that Gauntlet came with a manual for Gauntlet 2.
"Red Wizard shot the food!"
Yeah, couldn't pass them up.  there were a few more, may go back tomorrow if it keeps me up at night. :)
I didn't notice the manual until I took the pic, since it was in a bin and I just grabbed it.

Also, I don't even have an Xbox, I'm just a sucker for retro comps.
Now I think I need to cobble one together so I can try it.

TR0N

Quote from: galam on 09/29/2012, 07:26 PMAll great finds by members lately.

I hit a couple of thrift stores today.  The gba was in a baggie, and when I opened it, there was a game in it that I didn't even notice.  Namco Museum (not pictured).
Total cash outlay was under $30...

/retro/sept1.jpg
Congrats on getting atari collection 1 for the PS1.That's one thing i like about the PS1 to begin with,it had so many compilations of arcade titles.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SuperDeadite

And the stack gets higher! lol

IMG

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/30/2012, 06:06 AMAnd the stack gets higher! lol

IMG
:lol: Love me some stacks
Which one is the newest addition and what does it do? :P
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SuperDeadite

It's a stack of MIDI Modules of course :)  The newest is the MU2000EX Midi Module, the big silver thing with that looks like a car stereo.  LOL  It's Yamaha's top of the line MIDI module, for XG/GM/GM2/GS it's the best there is.  Sounds fanfuckingtastic.
Also the red thing on the top is also new and came with it, it's the UW500.  Basically it's a USB/MIDI interface/mixer all in one.  Nice little unit to have as it has a very powerful DAC inside it, and makes hooking up this mess to the X68k and windows computer very easy with zero cable swaps :)

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/30/2012, 08:40 AMIt's a stack of MIDI Modules of course :)  The newest is the MU2000EX Midi Module, the big silver thing with that looks like a car stereo.  LOL  It's Yamaha's top of the line MIDI module, for XG/GM/GM2/GS it's the best there is.  Sounds fanfuckingtastic.
Also the red thing on the top is also new and came with it, it's the UW500.  Basically it's a USB/MIDI interface/mixer all in one.  Nice little unit to have as it has a very powerful DAC inside it, and makes hooking up this mess to the X68k and windows computer very easy with zero cable swaps :)
Sounds nice. ...will those show up in a video soon?  :P
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.