RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

nice MIDI stuff..

I got a few wii stuff in the post recently too and just had to get myself an animal crossing soundtrack cd...

/P1010669-1.jpg

PikachuWarrior

Half Price Books:

Zelda Link's Awakening (Gameboy) Complete/MINT shape: $4.99
Golden Sun Lost Ages (GBA) Cart Only: $7.99
Romancing Saga (PS2): $9.99

Thrift Store:

Mutant League Football (Genesis) Cart Only: $2.00
Web Browser (Dreamcast) Sealed: $2.00
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (Dreamcast): $2.50
Double Switch (Sega CD): $3.00

/20120930141851.jpg
/20120930141851.jpg
IMG

TheClash603

RIP Corey Haim.  Double Switch is pretty solid, though the video quality and game cover art are both better on the Saturn.

hoobs88

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 09/30/2012, 03:26 PMHalf Price Books:

Zelda Link's Awakening (Gameboy) Complete/MINT shape: $4.99
Golden Sun Lost Ages (GBA) Cart Only: $7.99
Romancing Saga (PS2): $9.99

Thrift Store:

Mutant League Football (Genesis) Cart Only: $2.00
Web Browser (Dreamcast) Sealed: $2.00
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (Dreamcast): $2.50
Double Switch (Sega CD): $3.00

/20120930141851.jpg
/20120930141851.jpg

The Game Boy font on Link's Awakening looks different and I don't remember the owl being on the box art. Is that an import version?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

PikachuWarrior

It's the Player's Choice version.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: galam on 09/29/2012, 07:26 PM/retro/sept3.jpg
Every song on that Crowded House album is fantastic. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Agree^^

Also, cant deny phil collins

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Nando

I finally watched Avengers this past weekend. WHAT A FUCKING COOL MOVIE! I know late to the game and all that.

Anyway, some stuff that's come in the last couple of days.

Thanks to Tsuran for Grandia and Mishram for the Shibibibibiiii and Lost Sun Heart!

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: Nando on 10/03/2012, 02:47 PMI finally watched Avengers this past weekend. WHAT A FUCKING COOL MOVIE! I know late to the game and all that.
Ha!  I watched it for the first time last night.  It was better than I could have imagined. :)

PunkCryborg

Nice Nando! I love all of those games!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2012, 03:01 PM
Quote from: Nando on 10/03/2012, 02:47 PMI finally watched Avengers this past weekend. WHAT A FUCKING COOL MOVIE! I know late to the game and all that.
Ha!  I watched it for the first time last night.  It was better than I could have imagined. :)
Thor is another great one to watch, if you haven't already. I'm for sure getting Avengers on BlueRay. I have the Hulk with Norton at home but I haven't watched it yet. I recall reading that Garufallo's (sp?) Banner is way better.  The "Puny God" part was my favorite.

Punki!  dude, looking forward to the pointers on the slippery shibishibibibKibibi man

CGQuarterly

Here's what I've picked up in the last month or so.

IMG

Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Power League 5 I bought from a fellow PCEFXer. 

Gate of Thunder and LoH: Dragon Slayer came in a trade with a fellow PCEFXer, along with a white TurboTap (not pictured)

Everything else was bought in a lot from someone on another forum.  I paid what I felt was fair market value (not eBay value, mind you) for all of the games.  He threw in those little plastic cards for free (anyone know anything about them?  I can take closer pics...) along with the brochure, and a TG16 controller & a pen from some local TG16 seller (both not pictured).  The copy of Ys I & II is a spare, although it's a TG16-CD copy, whereas I already had a TurboDuo copy.  So they're a little bit different packaging-wise.  I'll probably end up trading one away at some point, though.  I also already have KC, so I'll probably harvest the case and get rid of the Hu and manual.

This is everything I got while in Portland at the retro gaming expo.  Two of the books came from Powell's Bookstore, and the rest came from the expo.

IMG

GEN - Thunder Force 2
GEN - Comix Zone
PC - D&D Eye of the Beholder
PC - Wolfenstein 3D shareware disk
PC - Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold shareware disk
Activision Megamania high score patch
Book "Game Calculators Play"
Book "Masters of Doom"
Book "Secrets of the Games: Sega CD"
Book "Castlevania: The official Hint Guide"  Includes Super Castlevania but not Drac X for SNES or Rondo for PCE.
VCS - Road Warriors limited edition homebrew game
TG16 - Super Volleyball
TG16 - Motoroader
TGCD - Lords of Thunder
TGCD - The Adams Family
TGCD - Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest
TGCD - Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective

The most expensive Turbob was Lords.  Priced at $40, but I bought it together with Adam's Family, so I got it for $30 and Adam's for $10.  Motoroader was $10, Sherlock was $10, Volleyball was $10, and Dungeon Master was $15.  I overpaid for Volleyball and Sherlock Holmes (in my opinion) but I think that everything else was priced fairly. 

Chris

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/03/2012, 06:32 PMHe threw in those little plastic cards for free (anyone know anything about them?  I can take closer pics...) along with the brochure, and a TG16 controller & a pen from some local TG16 seller (both not pictured).
More pics of this stuff please!  The only cards I've seen are the ones from the kiosk display thing, in like a three ring binder but not quite as big.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2012, 06:39 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/03/2012, 06:32 PMHe threw in those little plastic cards for free (anyone know anything about them?  I can take closer pics...) along with the brochure, and a TG16 controller & a pen from some local TG16 seller (both not pictured).
More pics of this stuff please!  The only cards I've seen are the ones from the kiosk display thing, in like a three ring binder but not quite as big.
Sure, I'll take some close-ups when I get home.  I was hoping that someone could give me some info about them.  The larger card is just a list of TG16 specs and whatnot, and has stuff on both sides.  It's plastic, not paper.  Not sure where it would have been used.  The other card has the Ys box art on one side, and I think Bloody Wolf on the other.  It's also plastic. 

Chris

turbokon

No turbo stuff but I recently picked double dragon and castlevania adventure for gameboy and xcaliber 2000 something and Darius twin for Snes.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bartre

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/03/2012, 06:32 PMHere's what I've picked up in the last month or so.
god I love last alert.
got it for secret santa last year after never being able to find a copy.
i've beaten it 6 times, i just love the cheese.

CPU64

Not today because these came from a few separate auctions, but my birthday list came in. I was trying to get Demon's Crest but they're all too overpriced on ebay. Had to get the SFamicom version and hopefully I can get through the game without being able to read it.

23896_10151161089722235_805447221_n.jpg

If anyone has a copy of Demon's Crest they would sell for less than my liver or kidney, let me know ^_^

Edit: And yes, Fluttershy IS one of the presents :D

jeffhlewis

Quote from: CPU64 on 10/04/2012, 01:56 AMNot today because these came from a few separate auctions, but my birthday list came in. I was trying to get Demon's Crest but they're all too overpriced on ebay. Had to get the SFamicom version and hopefully I can get through the game without being able to read it.

23896_10151161089722235_805447221_n.jpg

If anyone has a copy of Demon's Crest they would sell for less than my liver or kidney, let me know ^_^

Edit: And yes, Fluttershy IS one of the presents :D
isn't Hagane going for crazy expensive amounts these days? or is that just the US version?

PCEngineHell

Nice games and all, but isn't a grown man liking My Little Pony about as weak as you can get? From a fathers POV, I'd even be suspect of any grown man who is addicted to a little girls cartoon and toy line. Seems like I have been hearing about this going on a lot as of late, similar to the furry mess. What do they call them, bronies? Even my daughter thinks My Little Pony is weak, since she was like 8 or 9 or sumthin. Oh well, to each their own I guess....

futureman2000

I expect that it's in the picture to counter-balance the masculinity of all the Ghouls stuff

Mishran

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/04/2012, 09:49 AMNice games and all, but isn't a grown man liking My Little Pony about as weak as you can get? From a fathers POV, I'd even be suspect of any grown man who is addicted to a little girls cartoon and toy line. Seems like I have been hearing about this going on a lot as of late, similar to the furry mess. What do they call them, bronies? Even my daughter thinks My Little Pony is weak, since she was like 8 or 9 or sumthin. Oh well, to each their own I guess....
Perhaps the pony was a gag gift. Can't knock the guy before knowing the full story about the gift beforehand. If he is a pony fan, then so be it. As you said, to each his own.

bartre

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/04/2012, 09:02 AMisn't Hagane going for crazy expensive amounts these days? or is that just the US version?
nah, just the US, it was one of those blockbuster exclusives that people mess their pants over.
that said, the JP version is ~$10 for a loose copy, and totally fun.
think robot strider.

Bernie

I picked up Horror Story from a fellow forum member, and a few other goodies for the Duo.

DejahThoris

nintendoagemedia .com/users/7576/photobucket/62E5F394-B4A4-169E-9FF760A32B6FA35A.jpg

Now to find a manual...

And the Hagane SFC thing makes me laugh, they're all ridiculously priced on eBay at $60 for loose JP versions.  Is the PAL version rare too, or just US?

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 10/04/2012, 06:00 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/04/2012, 09:02 AMisn't Hagane going for crazy expensive amounts these days? or is that just the US version?
nah, just the US, it was one of those blockbuster exclusives that people mess their pants over.
that said, the JP version is ~$10 for a loose copy, and totally fun.
think robot strider.
Is there any language barrier?

SuperDeadite

Japanese Hagane is worth about $2 over here.  No story at all, just pure action.  One of the few SFC games that I actually find worth keeping.  Though it's a bit over complicated in some ways, all 11 buttons do something different, once you get used to this, the game is a lot easier then most people claim.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Xbox 360 wired controller (white), official: $4.00. Works great!
IMG

munchiaz

I recently got all this stuff from a friend of mine. He gave it all to me for free. Such an awesome friend.

IMG

IMG

Digi.k

@ munchiaz , wow I need friends like yours!!

I just got this in the post.. Wasn't too over the moon the way the seller was auctioning it as excellent condition..   A few things were but a few things were just passable..  Anyway just played a little of it for now and it's a great game

photobucket.com/albums/a348/kwoksta/P1010670-1.jpg

bob

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/05/2012, 01:59 AMI recently got all this stuff from a friend of mine. He gave it all to me for free. Such an awesome friend.

IMG

IMG
Damn, I want that Zelda promo disc but refuse going to eBay for it.

PikachuWarrior

Half Price Books:

Front Mission 4 PS2: $5.00
Final Fantasy X/X-2 Art Collection Book: $9.00

Thrift Store:

Soul Calibur DC: $2.00
Plasma Sword DC: $2.00

/20121005190926.jpg
/20121005190926.jpg
IMG

bust3dstr8

Wtf....when did US Hagane jump like that. I got one within the last two years for like $20 shipped
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

turbokon

Just got this in today from game of Japan. In good shape actually just caps replacement.

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bartre

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 10/05/2012, 09:13 PMWtf....when did US Hagane jump like that. I got one within the last two years for like $20 shipped
nintendorks have decided that "blockbuster exclusive" means $$$$$$$$$.
look at clay fighter sculptors cut, got my cart for $30 about 2 years ago, now i'm seeing asking prices on forums of ~$100, and forget ebay.
same kind of thing with all of those, even final fight guy, which is still not as good as the sega cd version.

and mati, no, no language barrier in hagane, if you don't have it, pick it up, it's cheap and fun.

EDIT:
I just looked at completed ebay listings for several nintendo games, ranging from nes to n64.
what the hell?
when did conker's bad fur day become a $70 loose cart?
I paid $30 for my complete copy, and i thought i was getting ripped off.

Bernie

I picked up a few packs of these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/130487318755?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and they are sooo nice.  I have to buy more, cause I only picked up 200 of the single CD wraps, but the double CD ones look great as well. 

IMG

It really sets off the way your games look on display.  These things are well worth it!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Bernie on 10/07/2012, 01:29 PMI picked up a few packs of these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/130487318755?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and they are sooo nice.  I have to buy more, cause I only picked up 200 of the single CD wraps, but the double CD ones look great as well. 

It really sets off the way your games look on display.  These things are well worth it! 
nice! yeah now you'll want your spine cards back :D

Bernie

Lol.  Nah.  No spines for me.  I like giving them away.

sparkychan

Bought the following items yesterday while doing my usual weekend run.  :mrgreen:

photobucket.com/albums/zz245/sparkychan/Pickup100612.png

xcrement5x

Quote from: Bernie on 10/07/2012, 01:29 PMI picked up a few packs of these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/130487318755?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and they are sooo nice.  I have to buy more, cause I only picked up 200 of the single CD wraps, but the double CD ones look great as well. 

I totally agree about games looking awesome once they're bagged. 

I have a group of about 500 singles I bought from a Japanese seller, but I get my double-CD ones from the same person you're linking.  Do those single ones you bought close over the top of a CD case or over the side?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Bernie

Lilgrafx

Hello PCFX! I'm alive!(Not that anyone cares)

I just got back from NY so I got a few T-shirts and a golden cat from china town.
NY was great!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 10/08/2012, 09:39 PMHello PCFX! I'm alive!(Not that anyone cares)

I just got back from NY so I got a few T-shirts and a golden cat from china town.
NY was great!
W00t! Vacations rule.

I bought NiGHTS for PS3 today... excellent HD remake.  I'd recommend it to anyone who loved NiGHTS on saturn and has a PS3/360.  Well worth the $10!

photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/Setup2.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 10/08/2012, 09:39 PMHello PCFX! I'm alive!(Not that anyone cares)

NY was great!
We care. Hope you had a great trip! I have always wanted to visit NYC.

@Beemer-I still haven't bought Nights w/ analog controller for the Saturn. I needs to do that soon!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 10/08/2012, 10:39 PMWe care. Hope you had a great trip! I have always wanted to visit NYC.

@Beemer-I still haven't bought Nights w/ analog controller for the Saturn. I needs to do that soon!
Definitely pick up the Saturn version, but if you have a current gen system the HD remake is worth buying.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/08/2012, 10:43 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/08/2012, 10:39 PMWe care. Hope you had a great trip! I have always wanted to visit NYC.

Definitely pick up the Saturn version, but if you have a current gen system the HD remake is worth buying.
I looked at the picture before I read the post...  I was so confused that you had nights playing on your N64.

Sega always puts its stuff on sale down the road, I will be picking up Nights for $5!  I already paid cash for the Saturn, Saturn again w/ analog, and the Wii version, so I think I need a discount!

roflmao

NY was great!
Welcome back, Lil!  I got my RV stuck on a parkway in NY earlier this year!

FiftyQuid

IMG

@Lilgrafx - WELCOME BACK!!! :)

@Bernie, mind posting a pic?  I wouldn't mind seeing what these baggies look like in action.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Nando

NY was great!
Welcome back, NYC is such a fun place to visit.

Did you ever pick up any more SNES fighters?

Bernie

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/09/2012, 12:04 PM

IMG

@Bernie, mind posting a pic?  I wouldn't mind seeing what these baggies look like in action.
Sure, I can post a few.

dropbox.com/u/19768373/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.15.15.jpg
dropbox.com/u/19768373/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.15.20.jpg
dropbox.com/u/19768373/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.16.23.jpg
dropbox.com/u/19768373/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.16.46.jpg
dropbox.com/u/19768373/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.17.03.jpg