@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

Not gaming related, but I bought this for my son and it arrived today;

IMG

Super happy with it.  I think I'm going to save it and give it to him for Christmas.  Anyone in the U.S.A. familiar with these guys? :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

nectarsis

Gurren Lagann replacement discs that took a mere 5 1/2 months to arrive  #-o

/DSCN3309.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

bob

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/24/2012, 08:51 PMNot gaming related, but I bought this for my son and it arrived today;

IMG

Super happy with it.  I think I'm going to save it and give it to him for Christmas.  Anyone in the U.S.A. familiar with these guys? :)
No, but please elaborate. Looks like my kids may enjoy them.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: galam on 10/25/2012, 09:02 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/24/2012, 08:51 PMNot gaming related, but I bought this for my son and it arrived today;

IMG

No, but please elaborate. Looks like my kids may enjoy them.
Toopy & Binoo plush toys.  You can get them through Amazon.  Toopy (mouse) is about 12" tall.  Binoo (sock cat) is only 5" tall.  Binoo comes attached to Toopy, but he can be easily removed.  I paid $30 off a local eBay guy.  $40 is the going rate.  $50 and you're paying too much.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toopy_and_Binoo

Bought this today!  No more sitting on the floor leaning against the wall in my 'man cave' while playing TG or NES games! :D
/img20121025210331.jpg

bob

Thanks Fiddy. You are a gentleman and and a scholar.

hoobs88

Quote from: galam on 10/25/2012, 09:51 PMYou are a gentleman and and a scholar...
...from crotch to collar.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Todd Gill

Picked up a dead, original white PC Engine today.

Replaced the fuse and works like new. RGB mod coming up next for it.

turbokon

That's a nice looking cabinet you got fifty, nicely stock too,  and sofa is nice too!
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Star Wars Ep. 1 Racer (N64): $1.50
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (N64): $1.50
Diablo II Expansion (Lord of Destruction): $1.50
Gamecube Platinum with Power/AV Cables: $8.00
IMG

Sleepy Gnome

paper mario was £2.50 and the other £0.99
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: turbokon on 10/25/2012, 10:56 PMThat's a nice looking cabinet you got fifty, nicely stock too,  and sofa is nice too!
Thanks very much!  That cabinet is from IKEA.  Bought it 10+ years ago.

Flare65

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/25/2012, 08:56 PMGurren Lagann replacement discs that took a mere 5 1/2 months to arrive  #-o

/DSCN3309.jpg
Question about the Army Of Darkness Blu-ray.....  Is it the same transfer as the regular DVD or is it completely remastered?  Most of the regular releases looked great up to about half way through the film, but the last 1/2-1/3 of teh film looked grainy and horrible.

BlueBMW

Opethian gave me this neat little machine....

/NeoGeo/pachi.jpg

And this PCB came in the mail today:
Mega Man Power Battles

/NeoGeo/MMPB.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

Nice B!!!  I like that little slot machine.  Reminds me of the ones in the Dragon Warrior games.

nectarsis

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/26/2012, 09:26 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 10/25/2012, 08:56 PMGurren Lagann replacement discs that took a mere 5 1/2 months to arrive  #-o
Question about the Army Of Darkness Blu-ray.....  Is it the same transfer as the regular DVD or is it completely remastered?  Most of the regular releases looked great up to about half way through the film, but the last 1/2-1/3 of teh film looked grainy and horrible.
Watching it Sunday so I'll get back to you on that.....I remember my 2 disc BoonmStick edition dvd having no issues though

sirhcman

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/26/2012, 09:26 PMQuestion about the Army Of Darkness Blu-ray.....  Is it the same transfer as the regular DVD or is it completely remastered?  Most of the regular releases looked great up to about half way through the film, but the last 1/2-1/3 of teh film looked grainy and horrible.
Flare check out this review.. it goes pretty in depth into the video quality http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2140/armydarkness.html

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2012, 01:54 AM
Quote from: Flare65 on 10/26/2012, 09:26 PMQuestion about the Army Of Darkness Blu-ray.....  Is it the same transfer as the regular DVD or is it completely remastered?  Most of the regular releases looked great up to about half way through the film, but the last 1/2-1/3 of teh film looked grainy and horrible.
Flare check out this review.. it goes pretty in depth into the video quality http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2140/armydarkness.html
...and then they'll bring out 2-4 more versions of this movie latter anyways LOL

VestCunt

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/27/2012, 01:42 AMOpethian gave me this neat little machine....
/NeoGeo/pachi.jpg

Wow. Where do you put this stuff? I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to drown. My SMS games just surpassed their designated shelf space and new NES purchases are filling in the shelf behind the visible first row. I have a box of extra systems in the closet in case something breaks, two boxes of extra controllers (you know, because I host so many five-player-game nights! :---)), and I need to find a new place for my joysticks. Life sucks.

First world problems, I know.
Topic Adjourned.

SuperPlay

Picked up a Sample copy of FaceBall

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Super GET!

IMG

I finally scored a complete set of the Yujin Video Game Robotics figures!  The Blodia isn't pictured because it broke when I was trying to assemble it & is really actually a pretty disappointing figure anyway...

Also:

IMG

IMG

IMG

Finally got SDF, my last Famicom "Holy Grail."
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

bob

^^ I very much enjoy Zeoth ^^

Picked this up in NH during the week.

/retro/nh0.jpg
/nh5.jpg

tpivette

Nice looking Master System, never knew they made a 2nd version.

I remember reading all those old Nintendo Powers when I was a kid while playing the NES/SNES in my friend's basement. Good times...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Deletion

Quote from: galam on 10/28/2012, 09:12 PMPicked this up in NH during the week.
Which retro store in NH?

bob

couple different places, but most notably, Video Game Exchange in Plaistow.

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

majors

Quote from: galam on 10/28/2012, 09:12 PMPicked this up in NH during the week.

/retro/nh1.jpg
5 stars for the "Star" shmups. But Xenophope on NES? I'm sorry...

Quote from: galam on 10/28/2012, 09:12 PM/retro/nh2.jpg
Gearbolt, yes! I always get that confused with Project Horned Owl for some reason.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

bob

Quote from: majors on 10/29/2012, 09:54 AM5 stars for the "Star" shmups. But Xenophope on NES? I'm sorry...

Gearbolt, yes! I always get that confused with Project Horned Owl for some reason.
So I have never heard of Gearbolt, but it seems to be getting some love accross the 'net after looking it up a few places.  Seems fun, but I don't have the gun, so I assume I should find one and not use the pad.

xcrement5x

Quote from: galam on 10/29/2012, 10:36 AM
Quote from: majors on 10/29/2012, 09:54 AM5 stars for the "Star" shmups. But Xenophope on NES? I'm sorry...

So I have never heard of Gearbolt, but it seems to be getting some love accross the 'net after looking it up a few places.  Seems fun, but I don't have the gun, so I assume I should find one and not use the pad.
YES!  Dig up a GunCon if you can find one for a reasonable price.  A lot of the Namco GunCon games were pretty awesome, Point Blank being one of my favs. 

Since this is a finds thread I'll put what I got last week:
IMG
2012-10-20 Finds 1

The games were all a total of $15 and the Light Phaser was another $15.  The guy at the local shop threw in the loose manuals for free.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

I sitll have my guncon with gunbullet if anyone needs one :D
IMG

jeffhlewis

My latest from Japan - couple Sega classics and some Turbobs.

IMG

Also just picked up my 2nd to last grail for the SMS - paid WAY more than I wanted to for this one but hey, what can you do. The market rate is the market rate  ](*,): All I need is a US Sonic and I've got a complete US SMS set!

IMG

sparkychan

Picked up a NES Advantage stick this weekend. Cleaned and polished it from the inside and out. Looks good, I think.

/NES_Advantage.jpg

A packaged arrive for me today as well with some goodies including a PC Engine Core Grafx! Also included in the box was a Fool coin box (from Magical Drop series), a Dragon Ranger figure, and Avenue 6 joypad.

/OCT29_Pickup.jpg

VenomMacbeth

A couple things showed up at my door today:

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

PikachuWarrior

Sold my iPad 1 and bought a Kindle Fire HD (7in version). It's a great tablet. Was looking to downsize anyway. Has dual stereo speakers and the screen is better than the Nexus 7 (other one I was looking at). Don't really care much for the Amazon Kindle interface, but it'll do.
IMG

Digi.k

More additions to the tamagotchi stuff.  Mp3 player and the sega saturn game.
/P1010697-1.jpg

also had to grab  this Tibetan singing bowl since it looks amazing.
/P1010698-1.jpg

Nando

Quote from: Digi.k on 11/02/2012, 07:06 AMalso had to grab  this Tibetan singing bowl since it looks amazing.
/P1010698-1.jpg
where did you get that one at. It looks pretty awesome

geise

I picked up a 161 in 1 MVS Cart.  Bought it from Holland Computers.  That place is amazing.  They are in Ohio not that far from Arkhan land.  Was $95 with free shipping.  Cheaper than anywhere else I could find with combined shipping.  Ordered it Monday and got it on Wednessday.  Yeah it's not a legit cart, but it's crazy awesome!  There are a lot of hacks, but I actually like the SNK VS Capcom Plus.  It's nice being able to use the bosses from the get go.  Only non-working game is Aero Fighters 3, but I knew that before I bought it.  There's still some games I need to buy though since some good ones are still missing.

FiftyQuid

Most of you guys already have this one, but it's new to me.  It's in super shape.  Looks like it was sitting in the back room of a Radio Shack for 20 years.

/simearth.jpg

tpivette

Ah, i see you picked up a copy, Fifty. Played it yet? Let me know how it is, as I have been having too much fun with Ys 4 to try that one yet
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

VestCunt

Sim Earth is great. It's underrated because: 1) for a SCD, it's not visually impressive, 2) the computer interface doesn't translate well to a control pad, 3) it came out kind of a late (SNES already had Sim Earth and Sim City), 4) it hasn't aged as well as Sim City, 5) the save file eats a whole memory bank.

I still love it.
Topic Adjourned.

Digi.k

Quote from: Nando on 11/02/2012, 12:38 PMwhere did you get that one at. It looks pretty awesome
look for a wofs.com in your country I guess..  Originally it was like 300 usd here but it was going for 1/3 of that price.

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Two PS1 Memory Cards: $1.50
Army Men R.T.S (Gamecube): $2.50
Diablo 2 (PC): $2.50
IMG

roflmao

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ea_weekend_promo_02_11_12

I picked up:
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Dungeon Keeper 2
Populous
Syndicate
Wing Commander 1 & 2
Ultima 1+2+3
Ultima 4+5+6

...and as an added bonus I found out I picked up the original Fallout awhile ago from gog.com and forgot to install it.  Man, I haven't played these games in ages.  Now I'm totally sucked back into Alpha Centauri. :)

VestCunt

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2012, 12:39 AMhttp://www.gog.com/en/promo/ea_weekend_promo_02_11_12

I picked up:
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Dungeon Keeper 2
Populous
Syndicate
Wing Commander 1 & 2
Ultima 1+2+3
Ultima 4+5+6

...and as an added bonus I found out I picked up the original Fallout awhile ago from gog.com and forgot to install it.  Man, I haven't played these games in ages.  Now I'm totally sucked back into Alpha Centauri. :)
Wow. I may shell out the $2.50 for Ultima 7 rather than attempt to dosbox and patch it.
Topic Adjourned.

bust3dstr8

Another Bimmer freebee that I got a while ago. Finally got it to boot, but it needs some sound caps still.
IMG
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

bob

been on a working designs tear the last few weeks.

/retro/arc.jpg

Opethian

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 11/04/2012, 06:43 PMAnother Bimmer freebee that I got a while ago. Finally got it to boot, but it needs some sound caps still.

IMG
Cormano!!!
IMG

geise

Nice Bust!  I popped my pcb cherry with that game.  Scored it for $34 bucks.  It's the 4-player pcb, but I got seperate 2 player roms to go with it now.  I love that game.  Mighty nice of you Bimmer!

BlueBMW

It was non working and Ive already got a good sunset riders pcb so off it went!

xcrement5x

Quote from: galam on 11/04/2012, 07:32 PMbeen on a working designs tear the last few weeks.
/retro/arc.jpg
Nice, I'm a big Working Design nut myself.   Which variants did you get?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2012, 11:09 AM
Quote from: galam on 11/04/2012, 07:32 PMbeen on a working designs tear the last few weeks.
/retro/arc.jpg
Nice, I'm a big Working Design nut myself.   Which variants did you get?
I still have a lot to learn about collecting WD.  What do you mean by "variants"?  Are there different ones?