The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ji-L87

Quote from: Opethian on 01/27/2013, 08:17 PMNice ace! how much RAM you got in there?
Don't really know yet :lol:
I'm in the process in tearing it down (just removed the PSU) but I thought I'd take a look at the motherboard as well. If additional RAM has been installed, where would one find it in these machines? It's not in the expansion slots in the top left tower, a SCSI card sits there instead tho'.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SuperDeadite

The Ace only has 1mb on the mobo.  In the mobo tower side is the port for a 1mb expansion board.  It's a weird looking thing that plugs in, hard to miss.  Note the system must have 2mbs in the mobo before an i/o slot expansion board can be used.  Meaning you must have the weird 1mb upgrade board inside on these.  It uses the same upgrade as the Pro models, but they have a different bracket to lock it in place though.

Also be aware you can't just put ram inside.  You will need a system disk and a keyboard (or mouse if you use the weirdo 1.0 sys disks) in order go above 1mb as well.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Corredor X

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/27/2013, 06:08 PMI downloaded and beat Monkey Island 1 for the iOS on my last trans-atlantic flight - lots of memories with that one.
The first thing I ever did when I bought my first android smartphone was downloading the SCUMMVM emulator to play the original MI on it. It seemed so right doing it with the touchscreen I couldn't resist  :lol:

NinjaCrackerX

Just received my PAL copy of Zero Wing for the Sega MD today. The game is better than I expected, I look forward to buying it for my Duo!

PukeSter

Quote from: NinjaCrackerX on 01/28/2013, 06:40 PMJust received my PAL copy of Zero Wing for the Sega MD today. The game is better than I expected, I look forward to buying it for my Duo!
Duo version has amazing music, two extra stages(one I believe is merely just the final boss on his own stage) no loss of parallax, improved graphics and (boring) cinemas. I wish I had a real copy.

Only thing you'd be missing is the incredible All your Base intro from the Genny port. ;)

nectarsis

Not bad for $40 shipped, and my kids got a LOT of dupes for himself.

IMG
IMG
IMG
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Opethian

IMG

bartre

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/28/2013, 08:46 PMIMG
is it just me, or does Corsair look really off on those covers?

anywho, finally got me a copy of .hack part 4 :D

PikachuWarrior

IMG

NinjaCrackerX

^Nice, I regret not pulling the trigger on that set. The way they're priced now forget about it.

FiftyQuid

Nice storino03.  I'm not even a JRPG fan, but the artwork on this one has me hooked.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Nando

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/28/2013, 08:46 PMNot bad for $40 shipped, and my kids got a LOT of dupes for himself.
IMG
Good ol'  Valiant. I remember when some of those fetched a crazy amount of money.  I REALLY loved Bart Sears art in Turok.

PikachuWarrior

Got these two today. Both free using amazon gift cards:

/20130129134048.jpg
IMG

roflmao

This arrived last Friday from Bernie.  Thanks again!  I haven't been able to beat the 2nd boss yet, but I think I've got him figured out. :)

IMG

And I got this from Keith Courage not too long ago.  So awesome to enjoy more Neutopia goodness!  Thanks again!

IMG

xcrement5x

I don't frequently post in the haul thread, but I found OBEY this time while I was in Seattle on vacation. They have a very cool International District!

IMG
Seatle Finds 2013-01-26 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Dengeki Maoh Serial with Persona 4 clear file folder.
Silly collectible erasers for my coworker who loves them, Koala and Monkey
Otona Anime 2012 Annual Issue
Togihime Zoushi no Ni Kobyoubu' illustration art book 2 set by SHIROW Masamune
Side Arms, complete in nice shape and original case! [TG16]

Books were from Uwajimaya, the Turbo game was from Pink Gorilla.  The Shirow book was pretty cheap so I grabbed it on a whim, it wasn't until I got home and opened it up I realized it was a pair of books.  I dig his illustrations so it was an easy sell, and the art is very cool since it is based on Japanese myths.  However, the stuff from the second (orange) book is definitely NSFW.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jeffhlewis

Latest batch of stuff...

IMG

Solomon's Key (FC)
Ninja-kun: Majou no Bouken (FC)
Ashura (Mark III)
Space Harrier 3D (Mark III)
Hustle Chumy (SG-1000)
GP World (SG-1000)
Gal's Garden (SG-1000)

IMG

Nostalgia (Mega CD)
Gambler Jiko Chuushinha 2 (Mega CD)
Thunderstorm FX (Mega CD)
Record of Lodoss War (Mega CD)
Vay  (Mega CD)
Silpheed  (Mega CD)

IMG

God Hand (PS2)
P.N. 03 (Gamecube)

Mathius

Jeff, what is your Mega CD setup?

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Mathius on 01/29/2013, 11:13 PMJeff, what is your Mega CD setup?
Right now it's just a region modded Model 2 setup. Haven't picked up the JP hardware yet. I'm seriously running out of room to store all this crap, haha. I either need to pick up a storage unit or find creative ways to stack the closet.

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/29/2013, 11:28 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/29/2013, 11:13 PMJeff, what is your Mega CD setup?
Right now it's just a region modded Model 2 setup. Haven't picked up the JP hardware yet. I'm seriously running out of room to store all this crap, haha. I either need to pick up a storage unit or find creative ways to stack the closet.
Yeah I am out of room for any more consoles myself. Though a Japanese Model 1 Mega CD would look pretty sweet.

xcrement5x

This picture is surprisingly relevant for this thread:

/want-to-play-mega-cds.jpg

In an ideal world I would find a S1 and use that, but in the meantime I have a second mega drive + cd unit that I use to play my games.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NinjaCrackerX on 01/29/2013, 08:06 AM^Nice, I regret not pulling the trigger on that set. The way they're priced now forget about it.
They fucked up the launch and oversold the stock so they're talking about doing a second run since they kinda fucked people ....

YEAH!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NinjaCrackerX

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2013, 12:00 PM
Quote from: NinjaCrackerX on 01/29/2013, 08:06 AM^Nice, I regret not pulling the trigger on that set. The way they're priced now forget about it.
They fucked up the launch and oversold the stock so they're talking about doing a second run since they kinda fucked people ....

YEAH!
That would be sweet. All the people who bought strictly for resale would get all butthurt!! It's getting ridiculous now, if you don't pre-order a CE/LE the day it's announced your chances are slim to none getting one. It's the first case I've heard of overselling, hopefully companies take note. I'd go ape shit if mine was canceled (some people po'd back in the summer I heard!).

PikachuWarrior

I haven't heard anything official saying that were even remotely thinking of doing a second run. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but post a source if you're going to say something like that :)
IMG

munchiaz

I would def be all over a second print of the Ni No Kuni CE. I want a real copy of that book. Its a pain to read it in the game. Plus if i had a real one, i could read it anywhere. Anyway, heres what i picked up recently

Also @ jeffhlewis. Have you gotten to plan P.N. 03? i read a article on it a few weeks ago, and it actually seems like a awesome game

IMG
IMG

SamIAm

Holy crap, I just found out the company that made Ni no Kuni is located literally about a mile away from me. I wonder if they need any translators? They seem to be expanding operations...

Nando

Quote from: SamIAm on 01/31/2013, 09:19 AMHoly crap, I just found out the company that made Ni no Kuni is located literally about a mile away from me. I wonder if they need any translators? They seem to be expanding operations...
you need to old school it and go knock on their doors and display your Otakuness to the MAX!

Ji-L87

Thanks to paul I was able to get my hands on this Vigatec FX2+ linedoubler & deinterlacer [-o<
Works very well with my non-modded Duo, as well as other systems I've tested so far (Saturn, PS1)  :mrgreen:
IMGIMG
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Opethian

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 01/31/2013, 01:20 PMThanks to paul I was able to get my hands on this Vigatec FX2+ linedoubler & deinterlacer [-o<
Works very well with my non-modded Duo, as well as other systems I've tested so far (Saturn, PS1)  :mrgreen:
IMG
IMG
Raiden!!!!
IMG

Ji-L87

Quote from: Opethian on 01/31/2013, 01:52 PMRaiden!!!!
Which still would look better on a proper CRT of some kind :P Speaking of which, I never knew Raiden was so hard. It looks easy (well, compared to bullet hells/danmaku shooters) but I fly into bullets all the time D:
CHECKPOINT!

xcrement5x

I was at my local thrift yesterday and found a Turbo Tap for $2.50, kind of cool because that's the first piece of Turbo gear I've ever found in the wild.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2013, 03:06 PMI was at my local thrift yesterday and found a Turbo Tap for $2.50, kind of cool because that's the first piece of Turbo gear I've ever found in the wild.
Awesome find!

Sparky

Nice xelement!.. I bet you swore with delight? as like you I never find turbo stuff in da wild, I would be pleased :)

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PikachuWarrior

Everyone be gettin' the Historia on! :D
IMG

Nando

My curiosity is tickled by the historia book and the Willy Wars needs a PCE version!

Tron is that a SNES to SFC converter?

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2013, 08:27 PMNice xelement!.. I bet you swore with delight? as like you I never find turbo stuff in da wild, I would be pleased :)
Lol, I actually had to do a double-take because I totally didn't realize what it was at first.  Sadly, I only have 1 Turbo Pad anyway though!  I guess I'll just stick with PCE for now.

TR0N

Quote from: Nando on 02/01/2013, 09:03 AMTron is that a SNES to SFC converter?
Yes it is it's made for a pal snes but it works on a sfc as well,letting you play snes games on it.That's why i bought one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bartre

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a few of the parts for my supergun project.
now i just need to find a good standalone PCB to test it with.

Nando

Quote from: TR0N on 02/01/2013, 11:48 PM
Yes it is it's made for a pal snes but it works on a sfc as well,letting you play snes games on it.That's why i bought one.
What's the brand?  I plan on buying a SFC in the future,  and want one of those.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Nando on 02/02/2013, 07:53 AM
What's the brand?  I plan on buying a SFC in the future,  and want one of those.
FYI, you can play any region game on any console, just by doing physical, not electrical modifications.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

bartre

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2013, 05:32 PM
Quote from: Nando on 02/02/2013, 07:53 AM
FYI, you can play any region game on any console, just by doing physical, not electrical modifications.
not true, PAL games won't run, they're 50 Hz by default

PikachuWarrior

I bought a Universal Programmable Adapter (UK version), on Ebay a year ago and it works with pal games on a US snes. Used it to play Terranigma (original pal cart) on my snes and it worked just fine, saving and all. No music/game slowdowns. If it works with Terranigma, it'll work with any other pal game since that was a late release that had more protection.
IMG

PikachuWarrior

/20130202183546.jpg
IMG

BlueBMW

Why must they stick price tags on the game's label!!  *facepalm*
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/03/2013, 10:31 AMWhy must they stick price tags on the game's label!!  *facepalm*
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PikachuWarrior

The stickers come off quite easily. I like it, never played it before. Can't beat any game for under $3.00
IMG

bob

jeffhlewis

Quote from: galam on 02/03/2013, 04:36 PM/dragoon.jpg
Shooting gallery is such an awesome game. So underrated.