@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nando

Quote from: Bernie on 02/12/2013, 01:03 PMYeah Nando, the SP is certainly wayy better than the original.  I loved mine!
It's like a total paradigm shift. I had bought the original GBA when it came out, and I was SOOOOOOOOOOO bummed by the screen, I just put it away. My kiddos have it now, and I'll say this again; Nintendo makes really damn sturdy toys/electronics. Anyway rambling away, this lil SP unit has opened up my heart to the GBA library. There's no replacing a dedicated handheld system.

Metroid Zero Mission is on my list to get next, as well as Mario Kart, cause you gotta have Mario Kart!

Any recommendations ya got Bernie?

MotherGunner

Nando, get Golden Sun, Advance Wars 2, Super Street Fighter Revival, Final Fight One, Final Fantasy VI, and Super Mario 3 for starters!  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Bernie

Definite buy is Metrod Zero!  Awesome game.  The Super Mario 3 is a good one as well.

jeffhlewis

The Castlevania games on GBA are goddamn masterpieces - Circle of the Moon's soundtrack was a jaw-dropper when the GBA came out. Phantasy Star collection is a good pickup also. Avoid Lunar Legend and Sword of Mana like the plague.

Nando

VenomMacbeth

A humble flea market find.  Never played it before now & I think it excels in its mediocrity. :D

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Nando

Sparky

Here is a first for me in finding :) phillips cd-i controllers and a Superscope senser.

IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 02/13/2013, 03:04 PMHere is a first for me in finding :) phillips cd-i controllers and a Superscope senser.

IMG
I believe that I have an extra Super Scope with no sensor...

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mishran

Recently picked this up for cheap. It's an old Atari cab that was badly converted into an MVS cab.

I noticed the overall shape of the cab looked very familiar...

/img0616kk.jpg

Had a shitty black paint job that started peeling and I saw various bright colors coming through. Being curious I decided to investigate further so I removed a good bit of the paint from the one side of the cab and saw this.

/img0617sc.jpg

Centipede!

The overal condition of the cab is excellent. With a little TLC, this thing is going to be one spiffy looking cab. Perhaps a worthy home for my Hyper 64? :-k

JapanTokei

hey guys.. been a long while!  just stopping by to say hello. 

/52327-arale.jpg

have finished moving back to Tokyo... family is all settled so we're happy, but i havent been able to unpack all my PCE goodies since space is so much smaller here :(    now i just need to work less so i can make time to play games again...  fathertime + PCE doesn't mix well for sure. 

hope everyone is doing great! 
-Tokei

hoobs88

^ Why do the characters in your photo have dookie kabobs? ^

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/14/2013, 02:23 PM^ Why do the characters in your photo have dookie kabobs? ^
Are you new to Japanese manga (Dr. Slump in this case)?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/14/2013, 02:23 PM^ Why do the characters in your photo have dookie kabobs? ^
Two words

Doctor Slump!

;)

Welcome back Tokei!

How are you finding Tokyo so far?

SuperPlay

Quote from: Mishran on 02/14/2013, 09:46 AMRecently picked this up for cheap. It's an old Atari cab that was badly converted into an MVS cab.

Had a shitty black paint job that started peeling and I saw various bright colors coming through. Being curious I decided to investigate further so I removed a good bit of the paint from the one side of the cab and saw this.

Centipede!
I love the artwork on the centipede cab.  Also love the game :-)  Nice find

Opethian

IMG

JapanTokei

haha Hoobs... that is the trademark of Arale-chan Norimaki from Dr. Slump!!  the series is one of my all time favorites. Have you seen the cartoons/read the manga before?  it's by Toriyama - same dude who made Dragonball later..   anyway the main character likes to play with poop and toss them around.. hard to explain but hilarious.  haha

tpivette

I thought I recognized those characters from Dragonball... weird to hear they were actually from another anime/manga and just did a cameo or two in the show
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Corredor X

Just got these in the last couple of weeks, the US ones I've bought from our friend Bardoly. Thanks again!  :mrgreen:

IMG

jeffhlewis

PikachuWarrior

IMG

bartre

IMG

warranty void if seal is broken, yo.

tpivette

A few things I picked up this year so far...

some Turbochips (thanks Bartre!)
IMG

couple ebay scores
IMG

first issue of TurboForce, some PC-FX love, and a GameofYou Flash Card
IMG

and a near mint CD docking station... just need a CD drive now!
IMG

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

SuperPlay

Not game related however I picked these up at yesterdays Midlands Comic Con.

/capturebdt.jpg

MVM Entertainment had a stall there and I had been thinking of getting Bodacious Space Pirates since I read a review in Neo Magazine which I subscribe to and Starship Operators was a slip purchase as it was on offer ;-)

Loving Bodacious Space Pirates so far!

Intro:

BlueBMW

That BSP looks pretty good hehe.

tggodfrey sent me something this week.  A very kind gesture on his part.  This completes my US hucard set (as I will not be paying for a US Magical Chase)  So thank you again Terry.  Ill get you back somehow...

/LOHT_zps6b394625.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Beamer needs to update his sig.

Nando

Nice Beemer!

Jeff how did you like the game?

No pic for me, but I picked up Gunstar Super Heroes for the GBA this weekend. REALLY FUN and frenetic paced game and I'm just in the first stage :)

SuperPlay that pirate anime has all sorts of win written over it. HAH!

Sparky

Nice beams and that Tggodfrey is a hell of a guy, .. Oh you know what's coming  (( opens arms )) :)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Nando on 02/18/2013, 09:38 AMJeff how did you like the game?

No pic for me, but I picked up Gunstar Super Heroes for the GBA this weekend. REALLY FUN and frenetic paced game and I'm just in the first stage :)
Haven't had a chance to fire it up yet - I need to dig my DS out of storage. Supposed to be decent from what I've heard and it was shockingly cheap to pick up (12 bucks sealed, I think?).

If you were bidding on Gunstar SH over the weekend I think you might have out-bidded me, haha. Still trying to track down a good deal on that one.

Nando

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/18/2013, 10:46 AM
Quote from: Nando on 02/18/2013, 09:38 AMJeff how did you like the game?

If you were bidding on Gunstar SH over the weekend I think you might have out-bidded me, haha. Still trying to track down a good deal on that one.
Bought mine off of Movie Trading company 6 bucks!

Mishran

Snatched me up some NES over the weekend. Wizards & Warriors 1 and 2, Star Tropics 1 and 2, Wizardry, Legacy of the Wizard, Gauntlet 1 and 2, Captain Skyhawk, Faxanadu, and a few others. Have never played most of them, so whatever I don't care for might wind up on here for sale. :P

Also snatched up some more SMS games and a Phaser gun for the SMS system that should soon be on its way to me courtesy of Arkhan. <--- Da' Man right here! =D&gt;
Afterburner, Space Harrier, Global Defense, Rocky, Altered Beast, Monopoly, and a tennis sega card game. I know I'm missing one, but it isn't important.  :-"

Bernie

Picked up a Core Grafx from Kieth Courage that he region modded for me, and a handful of pce games.

Ninja Gaiden
L-Dis
Rabius Lepus
Star Parodier
Altered Beast CD
shubiman 3..  i am not even gonna try and spell that right. lol

hoobs88

Ninja Gaiden and Rabio Lepus are challenging (and by challenging, I mean extremely difficult) but good plays.

turbokon

Forgotton World & Last Alert arrived in the mail last week. Also picked up traxxas rc car, donkey kong country 3 (Snes), donkey kong country (gameboy color) and bomberman adventure (gameboy color) from the local free market.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Nando

Huge thanks to tiptopJames for super star soldier.

IMG

The other games were bargain bin scoop ups from the local used video store.

bob

Quote from: Mishran on 02/19/2013, 11:00 AMSnatched me up some NES over the weekend. Wizards & Warriors 1 and 2, Star Tropics 1 and 2, Wizardry, Legacy of the Wizard, Gauntlet 1 and 2, Captain Skyhawk, Faxanadu, and a few others. Have never played most of them, so whatever I don't care for might wind up on here for sale. :P

Also snatched up some more SMS games and a Phaser gun for the SMS system that should soon be on its way to me courtesy of Arkhan. <--- Da' Man right here! =D&gt;
Afterburner, Space Harrier, Global Defense, Rocky, Altered Beast, Monopoly, and a tennis sega card game. I know I'm missing one, but it isn't important.  :-"
Question: is it true that legacy of the wizard is part of the dragon slayer story line?

Mishran

Quote from: galam on 02/19/2013, 05:29 PMQuestion: is it true that legacy of the wizard is part of the dragon slayer story line?
Based on the various resources I've read on the Internet, it would appear so. In Japan it is apparently considered Dragon Slayer IV. I'd have never known that if you hadn't mentioned it. :lol:

And based on the videos I've watch of it, I doubt it's going to be something I'll get into. Oh well, gonna give it a go tonight regardless.

bob

Quote from: Mishran on 02/19/2013, 06:54 PM
Quote from: galam on 02/19/2013, 05:29 PMQuestion: is it true that legacy of the wizard is part of the dragon slayer story line?
Based on the various resources I've read on the Internet, it would appear so. In Japan it is apparently considered Dragon Slayer IV. I'd have never known that if you hadn't mentioned it. :lol:

And based on the videos I've watch of it, I doubt it's going to be something I'll get into. Oh well, gonna give it a go tonight regardless.
Yes, I have come across various sources that indicated it was part of the story line. I didn't realize it was part 4, but you are correct, it's an odd one with a bit of fun once you get used to the controls. A bit "loose" if I remember correctly.

Tatsujin

lately only two loose NGPC (1x pale blue, 1x camouflage).
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

Thanks to roflmao, and Opeler for this goodness  8)

/zps2c359057.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

Finally got a copy of Battle Lode Runner!!!

/BLR_zps2046e812.jpg

And picked up another project car.... this one is a real project.  Probably not worth saving but it has a lot of sentimental value to the friend I got it from.  He wants to see it be awesome again so darnit I'm going to try!

1972 BMW 2002

/002_2_zps2b6e3c84.jpg

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

bob

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/19/2013, 09:35 PMAnd picked up another project car.... this one is a real project.

/002_1_zpse908bbb3.jpg
Custom Outrun cab?

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

tpivette

Gotta love the asian script seat covers on a european car  ](*,)

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

BlueBMW

Quote from: galam on 02/19/2013, 09:43 PMCustom Outrun cab?
Haha!  Not a bad idea....

Wrecked twice tats and hail damaged once lol

Quote from: tpivette on 02/19/2013, 10:04 PMGotta love the asian script seat covers on a european car  ](*,)
I know... talk about fail...

Tatsujin