The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElSeven

IMG

finally got my hands on one of these, big thanks to hit japan!

brb, tossing my turbostick in the trash
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

TR0N

Quote from: ElSeven on 03/19/2013, 02:10 AMIMG

finally got my hands on one of these, big thanks to hit japan!

brb, tossing my turbostick in the trash
Congrats one of the best joysticks for the console.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nec.Game.head

These are a few goodies that I have received in the past few days.
Thank you Keith Courage, Psychobear85, Galam and 16 bit killer !!!

/fixedduo1.jpg

/fixedjackson1.jpg

/fixedfatal2.jpg

This art work I received from Galam is to contribute to my Pc Engine art deck sk8boards that I'm having my sk8board sponsor make for me ...
/galamsteez.jpg
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

bob

Quote from: Nec.Game.head link= :-"topic=5360.msg287745#msg287745 date=1363711930These are a few goodies that I have received in the past few days.
Thank you Keith Courage, Psychobear85 and 16 bit killer !!!
...think you forgot something...  :-"

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

Garou Densetsu 2! should spring for Special its cheaper and better ^_^
IMG

Nec.Game.head

Gonna have some Pc Engine skateboard art decks made for me by my skateboard sponsor .. Good looking out on the art work Galam !!!

/galamsteez.jpg
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

SuperPlay

It's arrived :-)

IMG

Not had a chance to play it yet, tomorrow nights task!

Next purchase:     Pyramid Plunder

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 03/19/2013, 04:19 PMGonna have some Pc Engine sk8board art decks made for me by my sk8board sponsor .. Good looking out on the art work Galam !!!

/galamsteez.jpg
so rad, scanlines on a skateboard  8)

bob

The scan lines were entirely on purpose. Makes the whole thing!

Tatsujin

Get it @ porky's

Lol, what about that zonk thing? A sticker for putting on a deck? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 03/19/2013, 04:19 PMGonna have some Pc Engine sk8board art decks made for me by my sk8board sponsor .. Good looking out on the art work Galam !!!
That is some awesome shit!

Tatsujin

Ah lol, for those who can read :lol:

Damn you have sk8board sponsors? :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Corredor X

Just got a PCE CD-ROM² drive from Keith Courage (thanks again, man!) and so I completed my IFU setup. Tested it with Snatcher and I almost cried when I saw it in action, it's a childhood dream to see that working on a real hardware, since when I read about it in a magazine back in 1992. And Keith does an excellent job with the drives, the thing reads discs faster and better than a PS3!

Nec.Game.head

Yes sir Tasujin I do have skateboard sponsors. I ride for a skateboard company called Sensitive and a skate shop called 3043 Ride Shop. I also am part of a skateboard family web site called Bloody Nose Ballerina.com I also teach private skateboarding lesson's through a company called Go Skate.com. Ive been riding since I was 6 years old and have had sponsors and people supporting my skateboarding since I was a teenager. My board sponsor thought it would be cool to make me some decks with gaming art work since their well aware of my obsession with old school retro gaming and collecting. They just need me to submit some art work to their art work guy so that they can figure out how they are going to go about making the board graphics cost effective. The less amount of colors needed the cheaper the heat transfers will cost to have printed. I didn't really want to bring it up until it was in full swing. I wouldn't want to jinx it before it becomes a full reality. I recently chatted with Galam about some old skateboarders from the 90's that he thought I might have known and after rapping out about that I brought up what I was working on so he sent me that art work for some creative ideas for my project.

/28248320948914909908068.jpg
/52736131236928472064333.jpg
/48751343215044683294819.jpg
/75792432154993499160533.jpg
/48182349529320051867218.jpg

LOVING LIFE, SKATEBOARDING, OBEYING, FAMILY AND GOD ALWAYS !!!

Joe Redifer

For the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster please stop saying "sk8boarding"! It's so silly!

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/19/2013, 10:14 PMFor the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster please stop saying "sk8boarding"! It's so silly!
LMAO!

Nec.Game.head

lol no worries. My bad I'm permanently stuck typing in skater lingo. I'll be sure to spell it out correctly when posting on here. Here's another little something that I just picked up tonight at Big Lots in their bargain bin.

/kongc.jpg

TheClash603

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/19/2013, 10:14 PMFor the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster please stop saying "sk8boarding"! It's so silly!
Don't you h8 that?  A world without all the cool pop-speak would be gr8.

Ohh well, I won't get too upset over this, will probably just go calm myself with a game of Boxy Boy, nothing is better than pushing a cr8.

Ohh, and to remain relevant, I bought Sunset Riders for Genny yesterday.

munchiaz

new stuff ive picked up in the past month or so

My mom sent me this. Its like those cats with the moving arm. The arm broke in shipment, so ill have to fix it then set it up in the game room
IMG

IMG

Batman is a filler game from Targets buy 2 and 1 free sale this week. Once they get lego city undercover in, i will be returning it
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 03/20/2013, 01:29 AMlol no worries. My bad I'm permanently stuck typing in skater lingo. I'll be sure to spell it out correctly when posting on here. Here's another little something that I just picked up tonight at Big Lots in their bargain bin.

/kongc.jpg
Nice!  Flip the cover inside-out for completely different artwork. :D  A nice bonus.

xcrement5x

Quote from: munchiaz on 03/20/2013, 05:35 PMnew stuff ive picked up in the past month or so

My mom sent me this. Its like those cats with the moving arm. The arm broke in shipment, so ill have to fix it then set it up in the game room
IMG
Is that Chew-Man-Fu?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Tatsujin

I doubt that, since he was only known in the US of A.

munchiaz

no its not. not sure where it came from,but my mom thought i would like it

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 03/22/2013, 12:51 AMno its not. not sure where it came from,but my mom thought i would like it
That figure is clearly the protagonist from Ballistix.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: munchiaz on 03/22/2013, 12:51 AMno its not. not sure where it came from,but my mom thought i would like it
and do you like it?

munchiaz

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/22/2013, 07:58 AM
and do you like it?
I do. i just wish the arm didn't break during shipping

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Marvel Super Heroes PS1 (Complete)
Treasures of the Deep PS1 (Complete)

Both for $1.75 total.

In today's mail, I received:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Limited Edition PS3
IMG

chany60126

Made some cool finds at MGC today.
IMG

bob

dingsbums

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: chany60126 on 03/24/2013, 12:41 AMMade some cool finds at MGC today.
IMG
NICE!!!  I wish I could find some Neo Stuff in the wild.  I once found a loose Magician Lord Cart and it was $99, ehh.  Soccer Brawl is a shitty game but I'd collect it just to have it.

Yesterday I got the following.

Atari Flashback 2 for $5.   Great little console with real Atari hardware in it and quality joysticks.  It has A/V out and 40 games in it.  It will keep me busy for a while.

SNES Aladdin.  Doesn't work, can't get it on :(  Was $3 IDK what to do.

Game Boy Chase H.Q. Terrible game the PCE version is vastly superior.
Game Boy Paper Boy, arcade perfection!!!!

Atari VCS Towering Inferno, it was FREE!
Colecovision Zaxxon!!!!!!!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

roflmao

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/25/2013, 11:53 AMYesterday I got the following.

Atari Flashback 2 for $5.   Great little console with real Atari hardware in it and quality joysticks.  It has A/V out and 40 games in it.  It will keep me busy for a while.
I've had this bookmarked forever and hope one day to make this mod to my Flashback 2 to allow it to play regular carts:

http://www.atarimuseum.com/fb2hacks/index.htm

nectarsis

MGC hauly of GREATNESS...thanks again to BMW for everything :)

IMG

Sweet free TV (thanks again Jeff), some late Christmas present, and Black Ops 2 from my best friend, oue cool MGC staff shirts, and I gave our ghetto rigged door straps an MGC tourney award ;)

IMG
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jeffhlewis

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/25/2013, 01:48 PMSweet free TV (thanks again Jeff), some late Christmas present, and Black Ops 2 from my best friend, oue cool MGC staff shirts, and I gave our ghetto rigged door straps an MGC tourney award ;)
IMG
No, thank you for preventing me from having to transport it back, haha. I still haven't fully unloaded my car yet.

Our ghetto door straps were full of win.

turbokon

A few things came in for me recently. Thanks galam for the transformers knockoffs and turboswimb for motor roader:)

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Tatsujin

nectarsis

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/25/2013, 07:11 PMNeccy has le x68 & pcb cab? :)
x68 in le future, and supergun shortly ;)

bob

Recently:
Ordyne
Battle Royale
R-Type
Bomberman
JJ & Jeff
Impossimole
Night Creatures
Moto Roader
Takin it to the Hoop
Insanity
Monster Lair
Odyssey 2 console

BlueBMW

Spent waaaaay too much money at MGC, but came home with some goodies:

Finally picked up Radiant Silvergun and Granzort completes my non Darius related SGX set.  RAU-30 for kicks,  Slug X for when friends come over, a black GCN for nostalgia, and some GB players for playing Advance Wars on the BIG screen haha.

/MGC2013_1_zpse73a92f4.jpg

I finally took the plunge and picked up an AES.  I knew it was modded for svideo and component, just found out it also had a unibios installed.  Sweet!  Picked up Riding Hero since I have no other AES games yet.  Had to have something to plug into the thing... :P

/MGC2013_2_zpse0403d97.jpg

After seeing it last year and doing a lot of hemming and hawwing, I decided to grab this stupid little thing.  Completely useless really, and I hear that there are really no Sharp X1 games worth a crap, but its cool hardware.  Got my Master System back from Jeff Lewis, modded for svideo and FM sound  8)

/MGC2013_3_zpsaa286bf5.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

YOU BOUGHT MY KEYBOARD! lol nice haily!
IMG

bartre

Well, i suppose I should post the damage from MGC as well:
IMG

So all in all, here's what i bought:
arcade PSU (replace the one i was trying to use that is dying)
Final Fight PCB
Jigga Wing PCB (it's got the jiggawatts)
Marvel Vs. Capcom w/ an  A board (courtesy of cdamm)
Double Dragon II PCB w/ Marquee
Dark Savior Saturn
Guardian Heroes Saturn
Component cables for my PSP go
Chu Chu Rocket variant for DC
Unreal Tournament variant for DC
International Superstar Soccer 98 for 64
DS lite
a nice sharp x68000 courtesy of our very own Beemer.
and a cool thing i'm pretty proud of - a Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga Beta/Preview disc

bob

Quote from: bartre on 03/25/2013, 08:49 PMWell, i suppose I should post the damage from MGC as well:

Final Fight PCB: awesome.  =D&gt;

Double Dragon II PCB w/ Marquee: awesome.   =D&gt;

Dark Savior Saturn

Guardian Heroes Saturn

DS lite

and a cool thing i'm pretty proud of - a Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga Beta/Preview disc

DragonmasterDan

I picked up quite a few things at MGC. A stack of Famicom games, a blue Game Gear primarily for the battery covers. Castlevania Legends for Game Boy. And one other odd item that I decided to make a demonstration video of.
--DragonmasterDan

PunkCryborg

dude all those PCBs and Neo goodies..... I'm really jelly and wish I could have gone!

bust3dstr8

Looks like lots of great hauls from MGC.

Cadash for $40...Necclar you lucked out there...bastard.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

roflmao

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: bartre on 03/25/2013, 08:49 PMWell, i suppose I should post the damage from MGC as well:
IMG

arcade PSU (replace the one i was trying to use that is dying)
Final Fight PCB
Double Dragon II PCB w/ Marquee
Dark Savior Saturn
Guardian Heroes Saturn
DS lite
What is the ChuChu Rocket variant look like? What's different about the regular ones?
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 03/25/2013, 10:46 PMLooks like lots of great hauls from MGC.

They had a second one, and NO ONE nabbed it  [-( #-o

roflmao

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/25/2013, 11:38 PM
Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 03/25/2013, 10:46 PMLooks like lots of great hauls from MGC.

They had a second one, and NO ONE nabbed it  [-( #-o
See, it's a good thing I wasn't able to make it this year.  I *love* arcade Cadash and had I seen that, I would have followed bartre's footsteps and built a supergun just to play it.  Considering the current rat's nest I have in the living room, I cannot imagine that going over well with my better half. :)