@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

The other day I picked up Side Arms in a Tempest cabinet. Finally got it working tonight after refurbishing the cabinet. Side Arms more than any other game, defines the sound of an arcade to me.

Over the past year, I got rid of all my other arcade cabinets except Final Fight and the Mame cab I built. Now that I have space again, I might get an MVS cabinet or something next.

IMGIMG
IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/01/2013, 09:54 PMVery nice clash.  Though I have to say it... pics or it didnt happen  :twisted:  You just need 3d virtual aussie now right?  Or did you already grab that one too?

I'm well on my way to being a total aeshole.  AES cart #2 arrived today.

/MagLord_zps709c9e9f.jpg
Magician Lord is one of those games that "defines" the Neo Geo for me. I remember reading EGM's review of the game back when it was first released and intently studying the screen shot. For me Magician Lord was that one game that I could never have because of the price of Neo games back then. Owning the game now obviously lessens those rose tinted memories I have but ML will always share a special place in my heart.

Tatsujin

yeah math, same for me. when i first saw the screenshots of that game back at its release, i was blown away by its color depth and details. also love the 2nd stage BGM :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2013, 11:13 PMyeah math, same for me. when i first saw the screenshots of that game back at its release, i was blown away by its color depth and details. also love the 2nd stage BGM :)
Yep! As much as stage one's tune get's praised (and rightfully so), stage two's excellent piece gets top honors from me. :D

jeffhlewis

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/01/2013, 09:54 PMVery nice clash.  Though I have to say it... pics or it didnt happen  :twisted:  You just need 3d virtual aussie now right?  Or did you already grab that one too?

I'm well on my way to being a total aeshole.  AES cart #2 arrived today.
Thou shalt purchase Sengoku and World Heroes 2 Jet immediately

majors

Quote from: guest on 04/01/2013, 10:57 PMThe other day I picked up Side Arms ...
Agreed, SA was my goto shooter in the 90's. Just don't listen to Josh

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/01/2013, 09:54 PMI'm well on my way to being a total aeshole.  AES cart #2 arrived today.
Nam is the game the defined the Neo for me. ML was a must have also: The colors and design, good control...I put a roll of quarters in that game and still never beat it (I had the memory card so I felt it was not a total waste of money). Solid pick-up.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

bob

Picked up a loose Chase HQ huey.  Havent played it yet.

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: majors on 04/02/2013, 09:18 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/01/2013, 10:57 PMThe other day I picked up Side Arms ...

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/01/2013, 09:54 PMI'm well on my way to being a total aeshole.  AES cart #2 arrived today.
Nam is the game the defined the Neo for me. ML was a must have also: The colors and design, good control...I put a roll of quarters in that game and still never beat it (I had the memory card so I felt it was not a total waste of money). Solid pick-up.
I feel the same way about Nam-1975. I had my AES for several years and slapped my forehead, asking myself why I don't have this for my AES. I bought it within a week, US mint with no black marker censoring for $40 in 2007. I enjoy it a lot more than ML gameplay wise.

I mostly have all the main fighters along with Metal Slug 3 and 15 common carts like Blues Journey, ML, Baseball Stars, Thrash Rally, KotM, etc... I still want to get some Shootem ups, but most are too expensive and I might as well go the MVS route for those. I can at least buy Last Resort for AES maybe, but definitely not Pulstar, Blazing Star and Viewpoint... youch.

roflmao

I received Timeball for our beloved Turbografx-16 today from geddon_jt.  Thanks again!

I also ordered Otomedius Excellent off amazon.com today.  It's been on my watch list since it first came out, but it's always been a little too pervy for me to want to pick up.  But now that it's $8 and I needed something to hit the $25 mark on another order for free shipping, I figured "What the heck."  I've been watching this longplay video of it and it looks like a fan-service game in the best way possible!  Not only in the boob aspect, but it makes so many references to earlier games (and I haven't even played them all yet!) and the music is fantastic.  It also has nods to Parodius and Twinbee (and probably other Konami games I'm not familiar with).  I'm really excited to play this... when my wife isn't around. :mrgreen:

Ji-L87

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2013, 10:14 PMI also ordered Otomedius Excellent off amazon.com today.  It's been on my watch list since it first came out, but it's always been a little too pervy for me to want to pick up.  But now that it's $8
Fantastic price...hm...is this game region free? I know the JP version isn't...
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

majors

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2013, 10:14 PMI also ordered Otomedius Excellent off amazon.com today.  ... and it looks like a fan-service game in the best way possible! 
I was pissed b/c it want's DLC for Castlevania chick. You can end up spending more for the digital extras that should be in the game, versus the actually hard copy game. But, still a great buy for $8. Add Akai and Death to bump your order over the $25 mark...both of the others are better than Otomedius IMO.
TG/PCE Collection.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 04/02/2013, 09:18 AM
It's no deep blue, but I suppose if you enjoyed it......
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

You mean you didn't want the special edition of Otomedius Excellent which comes with the pillowcase?!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bartre

ahh clearance, you are my friend:
Zone of the enders HD collection - $15
Kirby's 20th anniversary collection - $25

and a local shop got me
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - $13
Centipede DC - $5

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2013, 01:13 PMYou mean you didn't want the special edition of Otomedius Excellent which comes with the pillowcase?!
say what??

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2013, 01:13 PMYou mean you didn't want the special edition of Otomedius Excellent which comes with the pillowcase?!
Lol, I passed on the pillowcase edition. :)

I found these pics of it online though:

IMG
IMG

HAHAHA!

SMF

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2013, 05:46 PM
Lol, I passed on the pillowcase edition. :)

I found these pics of it online though:
IMG
IMG

HAHAHA!
Well that makes a good place to lay my head lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Mathius

Man! Those hooters are ridiculous. More than a handful is a waste I say.

TheClash603

I bought the titty edition for like $14.99, couldn't pass it up.

More than a handful is still not enough!

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

RoyVegas

Quote from: tggodfrey on 04/03/2013, 09:59 PMbigger is better!
Much like the Turbo vs. PCE. :P

The American way!
All is well. :)

PikachuWarrior

Purchased Contra 4 ($15) for the DS and Devil Summoner 1 ($28) for PS2.

$0.00 after amazon gift cards. I should tally up how many gift cards I get in a year...
IMG

SuperPlay

Bardoly

Quote from: SuperPlay on 04/04/2013, 10:59 AMSome of my recent pick-ups

IMG
Nice!

You should really enjoy Hellfire S, especially if you have a friend to play through the game with you.  It's one of my favorite shoot-'em-ups for the system.

Zero Wing will chew you up and spit you out, but it'll be fun.

I've been wanting to get Ghost Sweeper, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Which game is that at the bottom of your picture?

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/03/2013, 08:46 PMI bought the titty edition for like $14.99, couldn't pass it up.

More than a handful is still not enough!
Lol, I also got it at that price.  Yay for Newegg!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Nando

SuperPlay

Hi Bardoly

The title at the bottom is "Pachiokun Warau Uchuu" CJCD2003

I have been playing Zero Wing recently and so far I can get to Stage 6 - Submarine Tunnel.  I have just read the thread and I may just give up now ;-) LOL

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 04/04/2013, 12:01 AMPurchased Contra 4 ($15) 
Hell yeah!

That's how you make a good DS game!

MrFlutterPie

/lotsofSNESohboy_zpsd3d4d1b1.jpg
/lamecubelot_zps6bd15965.jpg

$5 a piece each :)

/randomlotgamestuff_zps85dff5cf.jpg
/TMNTNESdreamcometrue_zpsb2e5a41e.jpg

Took me 17 years to harpoon this white whale. 

/TMNT4TiTCIB_zps3efcd911.jpg

Best SNES game ever!

/MPTransformerslocallot_zpsa975cd41.jpg

Just for fun lol.

LameKat

EvilEvoIX

I picked these up from Turbo Swim on Tuesday for a fair price.  Great condition for the most part.  JJ & Jeff is awesomely bad and that dragon shooter is tough.

IMG

IMG

I also picked this bad boy up for $6.00.  Treasure is the shit, what a quality shooter for a launch PS2 game in 2000.  I have this game for the Sega CD as well.
I run this game on my PS2 Slim via component cables, the textures are a lil blury but has to be because of standard DEF.  Game moves great very little slow down.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/04/2013, 05:38 PMI also picked this bad boy up for $6.00.  Treasure is the shit, what a quality shooter for a launch PS2 game in 2000.  I have this game for the Sega CD as well.
I run this game on my PS2 Slim via component cables, the textures are a lil blury but has to be because of standard DEF.  Game moves great very little slow down.

IMG
I agree. Love this game. I found it for $3 at a flea market. Treasure and working designs...what could have been a beautiful thing...

FiftyQuid

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/04/2013, 03:21 PM/MPTransformerslocallot_zpsa975cd41.jpg

Just for fun lol.
Where do you guys buy these?  I've seen a few posts with them now.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/04/2013, 09:02 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/04/2013, 03:21 PM/MPTransformerslocallot_zpsa975cd41.jpg
Just for fun lol.
I got them from a local Canadian import store:

http://www.itcamefromjapan.com/

The guy is local to my city and does local pick up so I don't have to pay shipping.

(The word of the day kids is LOCAL!!!)

turbokon

I just busted a nut seeing that soundwave. Can't wait for the state side release later this year.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Mathius

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/04/2013, 09:43 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/04/2013, 09:02 PM
Just for fun lol.
I got them from a local Canadian import store:

http://www.itcamefromjapan.com/

The guy is local to my city and does local pick up so I don't have to pay shipping.

(The word of the day kids is LOCAL!!!)
Me want! G1 Transformers are the only true Transformers IMO. This new crap needs to go away.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: turbokon on 04/04/2013, 10:27 PMI just busted a nut seeing that soundwave. Can't wait for the state side release later this year.
You're really going to like him.  IMO he's perfect.  I can't wait for Prowl myself.  He's also a favorite of mine.

roflmao

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/04/2013, 05:38 PMI picked these up from Turbo Swim on Tuesday for a fair price.  Great condition for the most part.  JJ & Jeff is awesomely bad and that dragon shooter is tough.
Dragon Spirit is a hidden gem on the Turbografx-16.  Spend some time with it and I'm sure you will fall in love.  It's got an outstanding soundtrack (one of my favorites) and it's hard as hell, but even I've been able to make it a handful of levels in so it can be done. :)

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/04/2013, 05:38 PMI also picked this bad boy up for $6.00.  Treasure is the shit, what a quality shooter for a launch PS2 game in 2000.  I have this game for the Sega CD as well.
I've actually been playing this a lot lately (because I also picked it up for ~$5) and it's incredible.  It's a no-brainer to pick up for $5-10.

nectarsis

Thanks to galam for the sticks ;)

zps9c7857c5.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

just updated my bazzy collection :)

/dsc1986x.jpg

lol, not the best pic, but was kinda in a hurry^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperPlay

Some great stuff there Tats :-)

bartre

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/06/2013, 11:58 PMThanks to galam for the sticks ;)

/DSCN3468_zps9c7857c5.jpg
now you need to send em to me so i can get them to be a real man's stick.
giggidy.

oh, and i just dropped a chunk of change on some DC games, i'll post a pic when they get here.

Opethian

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/07/2013, 03:10 AMjust updated my bazzy collection :)

/dsc1986x.jpg

lol, not the best pic, but was kinda in a hurry^^
Bazzy maus!! must have!
IMG

mac

/4-7-2013.jpg

Picked up a few Xbox games. Chase McCain approved  8)

Bernie

Picked up a 3DS for my daughter's birthday.  She turns 18 in a couple weeks.  Grabbed the new Super Mario game for it and Ocarina of Time as well.  For myself, I grabbed the new The Walking Dead game for my Xbox 360.

retroguy

I got the complete series dvd of Rocko's Modern Life (google it, whippersnappers!). :D
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

nectarsis

Quote from: bartre on 04/07/2013, 09:29 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 04/06/2013, 11:58 PMThanks to galam for the sticks ;)

/zps9c7857c5.jpg
now you need to send em to me so i can get them to be a real man's stick.
giggidy.

oh, and i just dropped a chunk of change on some DC games, i'll post a pic when they get here.
Already thought of that (Plus my SF Anniv stick)  ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

majors

Last auction had some karma kick in

/1223-showcaseright.jpg
^Dynamo showcase, non-working monitor.

/1224-naomi.jpg
^The guts I care about, and good clean WORKING guts at that!

/1225-marvel.jpg
^Working MvC2.

Showcase cab with MvC2 and Capcom I/O sold for $54. The monitor is dead ATM, but all I care about was Marvel, baby. I have a local guy that want's the cabinet if I can get the 34" CRT back and running. It get's power, but there is collapse.
TG/PCE Collection.

Mathius

That's still a pretty cool setup, Majors!

bartre

now you should sell me the I/O board so that you can recoup that $54.
fo sho, yo.