10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

fully unlocked too! lol Id hate to sit and wait if started from day 1
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/07/2013, 03:10 AMjust updated my bazzy collection :)

/dsc1986x.jpg

lol, not the best pic, but was kinda in a hurry^^
Nice!  Thanks for the family pic, Tatsu.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

majors

Quote from: Opethian on 04/08/2013, 10:50 AMfully unlocked too! lol Id hate to sit and wait if started from day 1
There is a code...it just does not save so you have to key it in every time you boot up. Since this is the 4th Naomi mobo I have, there is no reason to remove the cart ever...and I can keep all the exp :)
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 04/08/2013, 11:11 AMNice!  Thanks for the family pic, Tatsu.  :mrgreen:
you're welcome :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

liquitek

Quote from: retroguy on 04/07/2013, 10:44 PMI got the complete series dvd of Rocko's Modern Life (google it, whippersnappers!). :D
That's a sweet pickup!  loved that show bitd.

retroguy

I hadn't seen it in years and watching the first few episodes last night, I wondered how in the world they ever got the show onto a kids channel. Sure, Animaniacs got away with a lot, but they were usually subtle about it. Rocko isn't subtle at all lol.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mishran

Quote from: retroguy on 04/08/2013, 05:12 PMI hadn't seen it in years and watching the first few episodes last night, I wondered how in the world they ever got the show onto a kids channel. Sure, Animaniacs got away with a lot, but they were usually subtle about it. Rocko isn't subtle at all lol.
Rocko was pretty passive compared to Ren & Stimpey. Some of those episodes were not for the weak of stomach. Rocko was a good show regardless.

bob

I was (am) a huge animaniac fan. Love the state capital song.

Sparky

VenomMacbeth

In the last couple weeks, I've gotten:

The Ren & Stimpy Show Presents: Stimpy's Invention
Star Control
Shadow Dancer
Light Crusader

All CIB.  The Genesis kick continues...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

futureman2000

MrFlutterPie

IMG

I know you guys are super jealous right now.

PunkCryborg

turbokon

Finally got me a turbografx t-shirt:)

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/09/2013, 06:09 PMare those shoelace clips?
They are rings.

Came as a prize in the cereal box.  I wanted these so bad as a kid but my mom was against anything Turtles.  I remember some how getting a Don ring but it broke really quickly.

Saw these 4 in a bag at Value Village for $2.  For 50 cents each I thought I'd get a little bit of my childhood back.

Nando

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/09/2013, 05:48 PMIMG

I know you guys are super jealous right now.
What are those?

Never mind, just read the post above. Very cool find!

Bernie

Got a couple things in today.  The 3DS and game are for my oldest daughter, just waiting on one more game to arrive.  The Xbox Walking Dead game is for me, as is the other goodie..  Thanks so much to theclash for the Bonk 3 CD game!  :) 

/IMG_0104.JPG

bob

Quote from: Bernie on 04/10/2013, 10:46 AMGot a couple things in today.  The 3DS and game are for my oldest daughter, just waiting on one more game to arrive.  The Xbox Walking Dead game is for me, as is the other goodie..  Thanks so much to theclash for the Bonk 3 CD game!  :) 
/IMG_0104.JPG
Nice score there. Keep Bonk away from hair dryer please.

tggodfrey

What do you think of walking dead?  I have considered it but not sure.  Sucks there is no multiplayer.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

compil3r

Just bought this lot. For the price (under $140) I think it was pretty good!

/2psj1uq.jpg

bob

Quote from: compil3r on 04/10/2013, 01:53 PMJust bought this lot. For the price (under $140) I think it was pretty good!
/2psj1uq.jpg
Well played!  does the TE have sound?   [-o&lt;

compil3r

Quote from: galam on 04/10/2013, 02:02 PM
Quote from: compil3r on 04/10/2013, 01:53 PMJust bought this lot. For the price (under $140) I think it was pretty good!

Well played!  does the TE have sound?   [-o&lt;
No, but I am replacing the caps right now. Very clean unit on the inside!

hoobs88

Quote from: Bernie on 04/10/2013, 10:46 AMGot a couple things in today.  The 3DS and game are for my oldest daughter, just waiting on one more game to arrive.  The Xbox Walking Dead game is for me, as is the other goodie..  Thanks so much to theclash for the Bonk 3 CD game!  :) 
/IMG_0104.JPG
The cover for that Heroes of Ruin game looks good. What type of game is it? I haven't been to a Game Stop in quite a while so I'm not up to date on new releases.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bernie

Quote from: tggodfrey on 04/10/2013, 11:59 AMWhat do you think of walking dead?  I have considered it but not sure.  Sucks there is no multiplayer.
Well, it's actually pretty good.  They focused on game story, so its not all graphics.  Its basically a FPS however, but a really good one.  I like how it's a prelude to what actually happens.  I'd say if you enjoy the show, go ahead and pick it up. 

QuoteNice score there. Keep Bonk away from hair dryer please.
HA!  But, I did ask for that one....   :mrgreen:
QuoteThe cover for that Heroes of Ruin game looks good. What type of game is it? I haven't been to a Game Stop in quite a while so I'm not up to date on new releases.
hoobs, its an action RPG, and it was on the cheap side, under 20 bucks, so I grabbed it.

FiftyQuid

/2psj1uq.jpg
Where the hell are you located that you scored this lot?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

compil3r

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/10/2013, 03:57 PM
Biggest city in the world, Mexico City, Mexico! :)

Nando

Quote from: compil3r on 04/10/2013, 04:47 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/10/2013, 03:57 PM
DAMN NICE!

chany60126

That is a great find indeed. I didn't know turbo games were sold in Mexico. Just curious, did you get that at an open market or a video game store?

compil3r

Quote from: chany60126 on 04/10/2013, 06:37 PM

That is a great find indeed. I didn't know turbo games were sold in Mexico. Just curious, did you get that at an open market or a video game store?
Oh yeah, TG16 was kinda big in Mexico. TG-16, CD unit and games were officially (like with a licensed distributor) sold on a big department stores chain over here, called Liverpool, something like Macy's or Sears in the US. Then when Turbo Duo came out, some stores like "Gameplanet" (they operate still to date) did took special orders from some gamers, and I bought my Turbo Duo and many games with them. Liverpool never brought the Duo or anything TTi related, guess the TG16 sales were not as expected.

I got this lot from open market, it's like the mexican version of eBay over here (I think they are actually associated) called MercadoLibre. From time to time, great deals like this one can be found there. Most of the time everything is overpriced, but this is proof that sometimes you can hit the jackpot!

esteban

Quote from: compil3r on 04/10/2013, 07:01 PM

Oh yeah, TG16 was kinda big in Mexico. TG-16, CD unit and games were officially (like with a licensed distributor) sold on a big department stores chain over here, called Liverpool, something like Macy's or Sears in the US. Then when Turbo Duo came out, some stores like "Gameplanet" (they operate still to date) did took special orders from some gamers, and I bought my Turbo Duo and many games with them. Liverpool never brought the Duo or anything TTi related, guess the TG16 sales were not as expected.

I got this lot from open market, it's like the mexican version of eBay over here (I think they are actually associated) called MercadoLibre. From time to time, great deals like this one can be found there. Most of the time everything is overpriced, but this is proof that sometimes you can hit the jackpot!
DUDE :pcds:, I'd love to learn more about TG-16 in Mexico. ANY CHANCE that someone has scanned old flyers/advertisements/catalogs from Liverpool and/or Gameplanet?

What titles were available? Entire North American catalog? Any special documentation (like instruction manuals en Espanol) created for MercadoMexicano?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

compil3r

Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2013, 02:04 AM

DUDE :pcds:, I'd love to learn more about TG-16 in Mexico. ANY CHANCE that someone has scanned old flyers/advertisements/catalogs from Liverpool and/or Gameplanet?

What titles were available? Entire North American catalog? Any special documentation (like instruction manuals en Espanol) created for MercadoMexicano?
Sadly, I don't have any advertisement from that time... Gameplanet never included the system and games in their printed catalogs or ads in fact. Now, Liverpool on the other hand, had an entire section of electronics and the TG16-CD was connected as a demo console on one corner. Not all titles were available, I remember they had the basics like fighting street, monster lair and valis III. No manuals in spanish or anything extra.

Now, if there are other mexican gamers around 30 years old like me, here in the forum, maybe someone has more info about this... creating another thread just for that would be cool, if we have enough (worth) info!

Shadow

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

PunkCryborg

Got lots of cute em up action this week  :D

Got these in a trade from Bartre, thanks dude!
/201304112050215.jpg

Fan edition! YJA score!
/20130411205217.jpg

Mathius

I am seriously considering getting the PCE Magical Chase. I will be patient and wait for a good deal.

Quote from: Shadow on 04/11/2013, 08:40 PMfinally!

IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG
Nice! I don't believe I have seen one of those here on the forums for a very long time. Since I like to play my games I will never own this Darius since it is just a boss rush. I hope it didn't set you back too much.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Shadow on 04/11/2013, 08:40 PMfinally!

IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG
Did you buy it brand new?  It looks in awesome condition.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Shadow

Quote from: Mathius on 04/11/2013, 09:20 PMNice! I don't believe I have seen one of those here on the forums for a very long time. Since I like to play my games I will never own this Darius since it is just a boss rush. I hope it didn't set you back too much.
nope, about 930$

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/12/2013, 12:29 AMDid you buy it brand new?  It looks in awesome condition.
it's awesome.... no used from a friend... does it even exist sealed?
www.pcedaisakusen.net

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Yamazaki

Great find!

I used to have one too - but finally I sold it due to little creasings on the insert - and you wanna have a mint one when buying Alpha :(

Shadow

Quote from: Yamazaki on 04/12/2013, 07:34 AMGreat find!

I used to have one too - but finally I sold it due to little creasings on the insert - and you wanna have a mint one when buying Alpha :(
very true, that's why i bought it....

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/12/2013, 07:01 AM
Quote from: Shadow on 04/12/2013, 04:30 AMdoes it even exist sealed?
no :)
of course not :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

bartre

glad to hear you got everything punky, here's what i got in return on my end:

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/MV-1FZ.htm

no pics of my own, sadly, as the board is on my workbench right now, getting consolized :)

Shadow

very cool.... always wanted a consolized one. with a consolized enclosing would be cool.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

bartre

yeah, i'm debating how to do that
i've got a dead NES that i could mess with, but i'm really just concerned with getting it working for now.
atm, it's got a bit of color bleed on the red channel, which is irking me.
my other option is to use some standoffs and mount it to a plexi base with with some plated siding.

LameKat

IMG
Won't have it for about a month, but it's mine.

esteban

Quote from: compil3r on 04/11/2013, 08:51 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2013, 02:04 AM

Sadly, I don't have any advertisement from that time... Gameplanet never included the system and games in their printed catalogs or ads in fact. Now, Liverpool on the other hand, had an entire section of electronics and the TG16-CD was connected as a demo console on one corner. Not all titles were available, I remember they had the basics like fighting street, monster lair and valis III. No manuals in spanish or anything extra.

Now, if there are other mexican gamers around 30 years old like me, here in the forum, maybe someone has more info about this... creating another thread just for that would be cool, if we have enough (worth) info!
Hell yes, I think that is a good idea: compiling everyone's personal anecdotes about the TG-16 market in Mexico. I love piecing together TG-16's history. :pcgs:

SPECULATION: I'm sure the TG-16 scene was super tiny (for example, would it ever exist beyond major urban areas that had businesses catering to affluent neighborhoods?).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Nice LameKat.

You might not have any games, but at least you can sing karaoke until you pick some up.

LameKat

Already got some hits of the 80's and 90's on the way to my house.

mac

Craigslist find
/122826364578091_.jpg

Also got a Sega Arcade Stick :)
/122828534577874_.jpg

turboswimbz

Nice genny!  I want that Taz Game.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Yamazaki