RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Better give that Genny a good cleanin'. :)

munchiaz

Quote from: Yamazaki on 04/13/2013, 06:47 PMon it's way to me

IMG
Did you purchase this from the guy on the neo-geo forum. I was so tempted to buy it a few days ago

edit: i checked, and it is the same one that was being sold on neo-geo. I should have jumped on it when i had the chance. To quote another thread on this forum, its one of my holy grails

munchiaz

Stuff i bought while on vacation in Buffalo NY

IMG

Some games my brother gave me

IMG

Mathius

I have never heard if that Saturn game.

TheClash603

It is a tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics.  It is actually quite difficult, though it is fair and rewarding.  This is one I used to play a lot when it was new, but I haven't touched in a while...  maybe I will give it a go sometime soon.

The game's claim to fame is it was released under the title Blazing Heroes as well for some reason.

Sparky

A toy for the kids to play with... Oh hell...ok I like it to and a good movie :)

IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2013, 11:23 PMIt is a tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics.  It is actually quite difficult, though it is fair and rewarding.  This is one I used to play a lot when it was new, but I haven't touched in a while...  maybe I will give it a go sometime soon.

The game's claim to fame is it was released under the title Blazing Heroes as well for some reason.
I never played it, but i heard it was a neat game, so i picked it up

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2013, 12:04 AMA toy for the kids to play with... Oh hell...ok I like it to and a good movie :)

IMG
I think that robot is "reaching" out to me. Like, me personally. Now I'm sad.

Tatsujin

a cute wall-e you've there sparkly. and what an odd controller..lol :D

can he move all his parts like arms/claws/head/eyes etc?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Yamazaki

Dalder

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2013, 11:23 PMIt is a tactical RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics.  It is actually quite difficult, though it is fair and rewarding.  This is one I used to play a lot when it was new, but I haven't touched in a while...  maybe I will give it a go sometime soon.

Yeah reasons why Sega did that back in 1995-1996 or so ? It was because Dungeons n Dragons had that name Mystaria so Sega had to change the title to Blazing Heroes but they are basically the same game !

mac

Quote from: Mathius on 04/13/2013, 08:20 PMBetter give that Genny a good cleanin'. :)
I will lol. Already had a Sega Cd but it's the model 1 and figured it would be nice to have a backup model.

@turboswimbz, Thanks and I will remember that about Taz :)

@Sparky, That Wall-E is freaking cool  8) . One of these day's I will grow up and quit wanting toy's lol

turboswimbz

Haha no need MAC I'm gonna scout that came out now.

Also Walle-E is a fantastic movie, that thing looks pretty sweet sparky :)

if you like WALL-E have you ever seen Silent Running it was one of the many influences that director Andrew Stanton had when making the film.  It's older but good.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Sparky

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2013, 12:43 AMa cute wall-e you've there sparkly. and what an odd controller..lol :D

can he move all his parts like arms/claws/head/eyes etc?
I thought the same thing tats about the controller but it works well, he goes forward and turns quickly around when he needs to go in a different direction. Arms, eyes & head move and eyes light up. He dances and talks and you can program moves. He is a bit of alright :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2013, 12:04 AMA toy for the kids to play with... Oh hell...ok I like it to and a good movie :)

IMG
You find some of the most interesting things Sparky.  I didn't know they ever made something like this.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

tggodfrey

Does the door in his belly open up?
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

PikachuWarrior

Got this display case/shelving unit at Goodwill for $12 after my discounts. Works great though it was a bitch hauling up to the second floor of my flat

Opened: /20130413184359.jpg
Closed: /20130413184305.jpg
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 04/14/2013, 02:41 PMGot this display case/shelving unit at Goodwill for $12 after my discounts. Works great though it was a bitch hauling up to the second floor of my flat
Opened: /20130413184359.jpg
Closed: /20130413184305.jpg
how did you get 3 of the virtues last reward watches ?

Nec.Game.head

I just last night brought home my very first Sony 20N2U PVM Monitor .. My goodness what a amazingly sharp perfect crisp image these monitors deliver !!

/clientsrecycledchurchph.jpg
/fenito.jpg
/fenito2.jpg
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

PikachuWarrior

I bought a 3DS and Vita version at launch and then when they had the special yellow led watch a few months ago with a game purchase, I got a 3DS one again, and sold the game.
IMG

Mathius

Nice PVM, Dan! I am starting to feel that I am the only one without one hehe.

mac

Quote from: Mathius on 04/14/2013, 08:52 PMNice PVM, Dan! I am starting to feel that I am the only one without one hehe.
You are not alone :(

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 04/14/2013, 08:52 PMNice PVM, Dan! I am starting to feel that I am the only one without one hehe.
yeah, i got a call from the repair shop the other day, mine's getting fixed, should have it back next week :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: bartre on 04/14/2013, 09:57 PM
yeah, i got a call from the repair shop the other day, mine's getting fixed, should have it back next week :)
So they were able to find the problem a ok?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Deletion

VenomMacbeth

Continuing on my Genny addiction, I've acquired:

Blades of Vengeance
Jewel Master
Soldiers of Fortune
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Karkilan

I bought a few Gamecube games as I was just given a CIB Platinum console.

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Eternal Darkness

It's not really a system I'm terribly familiar with, so I'm pretty much going on word of mouth for a few titles to try out. I definitely want to get the 2 Zelda games and Luigi's Mansion as well.

roflmao

Quote from: Karkilan on 04/15/2013, 07:41 AMI bought a few Gamecube games as I was just given a CIB Platinum console.

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Eternal Darkness

It's not really a system I'm terribly familiar with, so I'm pretty much going on word of mouth for a few titles to try out. I definitely want to get the 2 Zelda games and Luigi's Mansion as well.
There are some good games for the Gamecube, but the Game Boy adapter is where it's at!  GBA games look so much better on a TV. :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 04/14/2013, 08:22 PMI just last night brought home my very first Sony 20N2U PVM Monitor .. My goodness what a amazingly sharp perfect crisp image these monitors deliver !!

/clientsrecycledchurchph.jpg

/fenito.jpg

/fenito2.jpg
Where are you guys digging these things up?  I've been keeping an eye open, but I haven't seen one come up for sale in my area.

liquitek

IMG
Awesome pick up.  My kids would be very jealous if they saw that.  If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick it up from?

PunkCryborg

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/15/2013, 10:07 AMWhere are you guys digging these things up?  I've been keeping an eye open, but I haven't seen one come up for sale in my area.
Gotta look around and get creative with keywords but i've had no problem finding 4 pro monitors to buy that i liked within the last 2 years and I've seen tons more for sale. Try doing an ebay local search then of course craigslist or whatever they use up in canadia (mooseknuclerlist?) try searching pvm, professional monitor, studio monitor, medical monitor, sony professional tv etc

esadajr

Quote from: compil3r on 04/10/2013, 07:01 PM
Quote from: chany60126 on 04/10/2013, 06:37 PM
Quote from: compil3r on 04/10/2013, 01:53 PMJust bought this lot. For the price (under $140) I think it was pretty good!

Biggest city in the world, Mexico City, Mexico! :)
That is a great find indeed. I didn't know turbo games were sold in Mexico. Just curious, did you get that at an open market or a video game store?
Oh yeah, TG16 was kinda big in Mexico. TG-16, CD unit and games were officially (like with a licensed distributor) sold on a big department stores chain over here, called Liverpool, something like Macy's or Sears in the US. Then when Turbo Duo came out, some stores like "Gameplanet" (they operate still to date) did took special orders from some gamers, and I bought my Turbo Duo and many games with them. Liverpool never brought the Duo or anything TTi related, guess the TG16 sales were not as expected.

I got this lot from open market, it's like the mexican version of eBay over here (I think they are actually associated) called MercadoLibre. From time to time, great deals like this one can be found there. Most of the time everything is overpriced, but this is proof that sometimes you can hit the jackpot!
Great find! You're right, (retro) stuff is really hard to find in Mexico and at the right price. To my knowledge there are no retro stores like GamexChange, People Play Games, Disc Replay etc

I don't remember the Turbo being on sale in Monterrey, I know it was sold in Mexico because of the TV commercials and that Nino Canun videogames special. Back then it was the SNES and the Genesis, and the Genesis just in the early part of the 90s.
Gaming since 1985

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/15/2013, 12:29 PMGotta look around and get creative with keywords but i've had no problem finding 4 pro monitors to buy that i liked within the last 2 years and I've seen tons more for sale. Try doing an ebay local search then of course craigslist or whatever they use up in canadia (mooseknuclerlist?) try searching pvm, professional monitor, studio monitor, medical monitor, sony professional tv etc
Thanks for this.

A few of my recent pick-ups;

/img20130415130048.jpg
/img20130415130216.jpg
/img20130415132655.jpg

esadajr

After watching Le TurboDoodle Episode #A, I just ordered Bomberman 94 form Hit-Japan (along with other goodies).
Gaming since 1985

nectarsis

Thanks to Josh for some of the goodies :)  Free movies are always good as well  :dance:

/DSCN3469_zps13b71dec.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Sparky

Quote from: liquitek on 04/15/2013, 10:48 AMAwesome pick up.  My kids would be very jealous if they saw that.  If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick it up from?
Ya the kidets are having fun with it &  I got it from a Value Village for $15 dolla :)

Quote from: tggodfrey on 04/14/2013, 01:47 PMDoes the door in his belly open up?
no it does not but i found a couple buttons that work that fires up his wally babble :)

xcrement5x

No pics, but I had to return some stuff to a GS near me and grabbed a couple things. Some PSP games (the stand out was Ys Ark of Napishtim), another Wireless Logitech PS2 controller (my fav for the system!), a Memory card reader for the PS3, and a loose Time Ace for the DS.

Also went by my local media store and found Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition (360) for $12. It was complete with all the extra stuff, even like that embroidered patch, which was pretty awesome! Had to jump through some hoops though which was kind of lame.

First I bought it, and then they gave me discs for the regular version, so I asked them to check for the appropriate discs and they went back and said they couldn't find them and offered to refund me. I was pretty sure they had the discs and some employee just wanted it for themselves so I said I'd take it with the regular discs. I went back the next day and said "hey, I got the wrong discs for this game when I bought it yesterday, can you check if the right ones are in the back?" Of course they were in there and I got them swapped out nicely.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/15/2013, 01:41 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/15/2013, 12:29 PMGotta look around and get creative with keywords but i've had no problem finding 4 pro monitors to buy that i liked within the last 2 years and I've seen tons more for sale. Try doing an ebay local search then of course craigslist or whatever they use up in canadia (mooseknuclerlist?) try searching pvm, professional monitor, studio monitor, medical monitor, sony professional tv etc
Thanks for this.
Yes this will come in handy! Thanks Evan.

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/15/2013, 04:58 PMThanks to Josh for some of the goodies :)  Free movies are always good as well  :dance:
/DSCN3469_zps13b71dec.jpg
Nice,while kabuki klash isn't the best weapon fighter compared to LB&SS the game hold it's own still.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

kazumn

IMG

Did a trade recently for these, I had no pier solar before now i have 2 of the first print, the euro version is up for trade if anyone may be interested, it's not been opened either so you could send it the one and only vga haha.

As for the 32x games, i kind of like kolibri  :oops:

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 04/15/2013, 01:51 PMAfter watching Le TurboDoodle Episode #A, I just ordered Bomberman 94 form Hit-Japan (along with other goodies).
You will not be disappointed. Such a great game (multi-player and solo game). Sure, it's not always super-challenging, but it is fun as heck. :pcgs:

AND, I like the soundtrack...it's a very nice: refreshing.

Anyway, money well spent. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: kazumn on 04/16/2013, 05:02 AMAs for the 32x games, i kind of like kolibri  :oops:
Nothing wrong with liking Kolibri.  I think its great!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bartre

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/16/2013, 07:50 AM
Quote from: kazumn on 04/16/2013, 05:02 AMAs for the 32x games, i kind of like kolibri  :oops:
Nothing wrong with liking Kolibri.  I think its great!
agreed, that an chaotix are really the only reasons to own a 32X.
well, there's also 32X night trap...

JoshTurboTrollX

The past 7 days of scoring.  (Needs to put wallet away for a while.  :)  )
/img20130408172211.jpg
/img20130413094039.jpg
/img20130415180817.jpg
/img20130415181109.jpg
/img20130415181209.jpg
/img20130415181506.jpg
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bob

Hows Double Dribble for genny?

majors

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/16/2013, 10:31 AM/img20130413094039.jpg
Hell yeahs, Sonic R! Love that Music..."♪ everybody super sonic racing...♫".

Touring Car pretty rocking also.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: galam on 04/16/2013, 02:41 PMHows Double Dribble for genny?
Pretty fun, but the soundtrack is amazing!  Totally worth picking up for a couple bucks.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

mac

/img20130415181506.jpg

Nice Haul  :mrgreen:

Still looking for a copy of Robocop 3, had a blast with that back in the day.

hoobs88

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/16/2013, 10:31 AMThe past 7 days of scoring.  (Needs to put wallet away for a while.  :)  )
/img20130408172211.jpg
/img20130413094039.jpg
/img20130415180817.jpg
/img20130415181109.jpg
/img20130415181209.jpg
/img20130415181506.jpg
What system is that Nakitek controller for?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns