The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whisper2053

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/29/2013, 09:57 PM
Quote from: whisper2053 on 05/29/2013, 12:22 PMAnd also:

/imag0112kg.jpg
The Wonder Swan had GOLDEN AXE? (head explodes)
Yes!! And...it's actually FUN lol. Seriously though, I was surprised at how decent of a port it was, and I'm pretty happy with it overall. Just wish the odds of stumbling across someone ELSE with a 'swan AND a copy of the game were a bit higher, so I could get in some link action :D
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PikachuWarrior

Thrift Store:

Final Fantasy Legend II GB: $1.99
Space Station Silicon Valley N64: $4.99

SSSV cart was mispriced (supposed to be $14.99) but she gave it to me for $4.99 :D

Goodwill:

$5-
Bag of Pokemon Cards (probaby over 150 total). Hard part is finding if any are rare/worth more.
IMG

majors

GC controller, $3...one of mine had the analog stick messed up.

Linksys WRT54gs router...$6, I finally have wifi at my house for visitors. Of course I put dd-wrt on already.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

PikachuWarrior

dd-wrt is awesome. I have had it on my previous two routers.
IMG

Bardoly

jeffhlewis

My wrt54g bit the dust after about 8 years of service last summer. The little box o' wonder - ran dd-wrt like a boss. Replaced it with a net gear wireless N router with dd-wrt which is equally as awesome

bartre

finished some cables for my supergun today, put together some cables to allow 4 players for TMNT, and a kick harness connector for CPS2.
Oh, and I suppose I picked up a copy of Captain Commando for use on my supergun.
:D

VenomMacbeth

Yesterday's find:

IMG

The game that probably got me into retro games.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Got Meteor Blaster DX in yesterday's mail.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Got this in today from Keranu
Thanks man!!

/20130531225904.jpg

Mathius

I am finding the Sega cab way more exciting. :)

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Two GBA SPs, silver and black for $4/ea.

And nabbed the nonsucky games for $1.50/ea:

Crash and Spyro Superpack
Donkey Kong NES Classics
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Super Mario Advance
IMG

chany60126

Just in time for the summer. W00t! Windjammers for me too! :D

IMG

PunkCryborg

bartre

no one ever pays me in windjammers

IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: chany60126 on 06/01/2013, 12:29 AMJust in time for the summer. W00t! Windjammers for me too! :D
IMG
damn Chany - did you put a second mortgage on your house to get that one?

BlueBMW

Got in a box/manual set for the Faceball VB cart, and also picked up Space Pinball for VB.

All three VB games together!

/VB_zpsa8f27724.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Tats, I'll take GB BONK off your hands. Thank you.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wavering

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/01/2013, 05:26 PMGot in a box/manual set for the Faceball VB cart, and also picked up Space Pinball for VB.

All three VB games together!
Can you dig up a boxed copy of Jack Bros (US) and maybe a Virtual Lab (JP) while you're on a roll?

BlueBMW

Quote from: wavering on 06/02/2013, 10:47 AMCan you dig up a boxed copy of Jack Bros (US) and maybe a Virtual Lab (JP) while you're on a roll?
Fraid not :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mishran

Stopped at a few yard sales yesterday and at one of them I found Asteroids for the 2600 as well as the following loose for the Genny:
Sports Talk Football '93
Ecco: Tides of Time x2
Mortal Kombat 2
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
FIFA Int'l Soccer
Bulls vs Blazers
Bulls vs Lakers
All for $0.25 each. Some of the labels have seen better days, but they work. All except for one of the Ecco games. The case will make a good housing for a Mega Everdrive if I ever get one.

Picked up from my local thrift shop a complete copy of Metroid Prime for GC for $0.50 and a working external DVD-R DL burner for $5. I can finally read and write discs with my netbook PC. :dance:

allyourblood

Roy, you dirty dog! Not Ebay... I'm never gonna get my hands on that dang Adventure Island manual...!  :cry:
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

EvilEvoIX

/image_zps37bd0898.jpg

Got all the above for $40.  All the games are in almost new condition even the baggys.  Obviously never played.  This is an older snes as my model 1.0 game genie does work with it.  The only thing is that my newer model 1 SNES HAS A VERY VLEAR PICTURE.  This new one has this subtle red grid all over the screen.  No idea why.

UPDATE!!!!!  That red grid goes away when I unplug my Genesis and sega cd from the power strip.  Even off I guess the pull is enough.  Gotta keep things unplugged unless in use.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

wavering

Thrift store and online purchases for the week.  Crossed another working designs title off my list.

IMG

Jeff since you're the only dude I know who's both a Sega fanboy and a Bronie you have first dibs for trade ;)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: wavering on 06/02/2013, 07:55 PMThrift store and online purchases for the week.  Crossed another working designs title off my list.

IMG

Jeff since you're the only dude I know who's both a Sega fanboy and a Bronie you have first dibs for trade ;)
Some clopping material there for sure.  Any Bronies in the house?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

munchiaz

New stuff. Got the Animal crossing poster from gamestop. Last night i was watching the movie "Dinner for Schmucks" and it got me thinking about the book "Redwall". I haven't read it since i was in 6th grade so i picked up another copy to read again. 

IMG

bob

Quote from: wavering on 06/02/2013, 07:55 PMThrift store and online purchases for the week.  Crossed another working designs title off my list.

IMG

I'm going way out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that Arc the Lad WASN'T a thrift store find.
Is everything in there?

wavering

Quote from: galam on 06/02/2013, 09:43 PM

I'm going way out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that Arc the Lad WASN'T a thrift store find.
Is everything in there?
Yea that was from ebay, scored a super low BIN and lucked out with it being totally complete!

TR0N

IMG
Yes it's a repro,but i gave up trying to get a original copy of mr.gimmick.Every time i find the japanese version it was to expensive so this is the next best thing.Also it plays fine on a famicom by using a adapter  :mrgreen:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

oh, is that a very rarey in japan? will have keep an eye open on that then :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

EvilEvoIX

How much is that Gimmik game?  I want one badly.
IMGIMGIMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/03/2013, 01:02 AMoh, is that a very rarey in japan? will have keep an eye open on that then :)
loose carts are usually in the 10,000yen range.  cibbler is le 30,000 from the usual suspects.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/03/2013, 01:02 AMoh, is that a very rarey in japan? will have keep an eye open on that then :)
Good luck trying to get it boxed  :P
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIMMICK-Famicom-NES-JAPAN-Import-Video-Game-no-inst-cb-fc-/310669620770
After playing it i can see why it's consider a hidden gem  :wink:
IMG

Tatsujin

ok thx. you never know what the next Hardoff visit may unfold ;)

Mathius

Mr. Gimmick has probably my favorite NES soundtrack. I have a repro as well (you can see it in one of the GameSack ep.) and I sometimes just play it to listen to the game's unique tunes.

Tatsujin

looks and sounds like great fun :)

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/03/2013, 09:29 AMlooks and sounds like great fun :)
If you can find the Famicom version get it! It is supposed to have higher quality music than the PAL version.

PunkCryborg

Awesome!

/20130603105935.jpg (Meteor Blaster DX 2013 Reprint)

jeffhlewis

IMG

Sega fanboy yes, Bronie - hell no. You have my permission as a friend to euthanize me if I ever become a fan of that crap.

What kind of look did you get when they scanned that for you at Goodwill? haha.

Nando

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2013, 05:56 AMsome loopy and stuff :)

IMG IMG
IMG
GBA to TV out eh? Nice, how does it compare to the GC gameboy player? as far as output quality?

xcrement5x

I got this last week but figured I'd share it here :D

IMG
2013-05-31 CL Pickup by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A nice Saturn Craigslist pickup:

Model 2 Saturn with hookups
Model 1 Saturn Instruction Book
Model 1 Saturn Pad
Model 2 Saturn Pad (grey JP)
Analog Steering Wheel
Random Power adatper (24V 180mA, wot?!)

23 CIB Saturn Games, 1 in case missing manual, 2 Loose games, and some AOL trial CD from the 90s.

There's a lot of junk sports games in there, but also some gems.  Extra bonus is that most of the cases are in good shape too!

Apologies for the crappy pic quality, I pulled it straight from the CL ad since I didn't want to to take a picture myself.   :3

Got a chance to go through it all this weekend and a lot of the games even still have their mega foam, plus I don't dare remove the GameShark but it works like a champ still.  Booted up a little Dark Seed and Madou to test the import capabilities. 

Hilariously, this is the second Saturn I've gotten where the owner never removed the pull tab on the back and the OEM battery is still in there, the circuit is complete now and the original battery from the 90s still works!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

TR0N

It is mr.gimmick was suppose to get a u.s release,but then sunsoft cancel it for unknown reason.

When i watch this review for it by (pathenespunk) it was enough to make me want the game.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 06/03/2013, 11:37 PM
It is mr.gimmick was suppose to get a u.s release,but then sunsoft cancel it for unknown reason.

When i watch this review for it by (pathenespunk) it was enough to make me want the game.
That was the review that swayed me as well. :)

PunkCryborg

NecroPhile

Needs a bigger SuperCD logo.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

bob

BlueBMW

Quote from: galam on 06/04/2013, 10:19 PMJust won this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161039871716?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Awesome shooter!  I love the music in stage 2!
<--- stage 2 music w00t!  Especially right about 0:56 in that vid!  ZOMG!