The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

Quote from: bartre on 06/30/2013, 03:08 AMi just got Rayxanber III myself, though I have yet to play it :(
For this reason you must forfeit your copy to me.
Thanks

xcrement5x

Nice scores on the cabs majors!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Flare65

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/30/2013, 04:23 AMRay I>II>III.  All are must owns though.
Actually, its  III>II>I.

whisper2053

Quote from: Flare65 on 07/01/2013, 05:04 PMActually, its  III>II>I.
Dem's fightin' words to some around here... :P
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

bartre

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/30/2013, 05:25 AM
Quote from: bartre on 06/30/2013, 03:08 AMi just got Rayxanber III myself, though I have yet to play it :(
For this reason you must forfeit your copy to me.
Thanks
the reason is my CGX is sitting at thesteve's place getting all RGB modded.
but when all's said and done, it'll be real nice like

FiftyQuid

Side Topic:  Does it matter if you play III first?  I bought 3 a few months ago and haven't played it yet other than to just toss it in and make sure the game worked.  Possible a stupid question, but is there a story?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SuperDeadite

There are no traditional story scenes.  But the games are true sequels.  The first game is the start of the resistance against the invaders and you free the earth.  Second game you are freeing the other planets.  And the third game you are on the offensive, actually attacking the enemy on their own ground and defeating them forever in the end.  (This is why Ray III uses the same color pallet for every stage).    During the Ray III credits it shows pics from all 3 games, but that's about it.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PukeSter

I just ordered Balloon Fight CIB for Famicom. I really dig the box.  8)

BalloonFight-Famicom-boxart.jpg
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/balloon-fight/

FiftyQuid

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/01/2013, 08:20 PMThere are no traditional story scenes.  But the games are true sequels.  The first game is the start of the resistance against the invaders and you free the earth.  Second game you are freeing the other planets.  And the third game you are on the offensive, actually attacking the enemy on their own ground and defeating them forever in the end.  (This is why Ray III uses the same color pallet for every stage).    During the Ray III credits it shows pics from all 3 games, but that's about it.
Thank you!  :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2013, 08:20 PMI just ordered Balloon Fight CIB for Famicom. I really dig the box.  8)

IMG
It's a fantastic game.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

Courtesy of SuperDeadite....

/FujiFjui_zps8a71564e.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Why you gotta hog all the FM Towns????

BlueBMW

They both need repair... ;)

Btw, did you get your N64 everdrive?  And if so, did you still need help loading it up?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/01/2013, 11:33 PMWhy you gotta hog all the FM Towns????
I gotta stop looking at this thread. Seriously. I'm just too damn jealous.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

$20:

-PS2 Fat Console, Vertical Stand, DVD Remote & Sensor, 8MB Memory Card, Black Controller, Clear/Blue Controller, AC cord, AV cables, and official Component Cables!

-Power Joy (plays Famicom Games with the cartridge slot built-in), Cartridge, and the 2nd Player Controller (that plugs into the main controller on the bottom port)

-----------------------

Activision Anthology PS2: $1.50
Gallop Racer 2003: New Breed PS2: $1.50
Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue PS2: 1.50

Syphon Filter 2 (GH) PS1: $1.50
Pro Pinball Big Race USA (BL) PS1: $.75 cents
Atari Anniversary Edition Redux (BL) PS1: $.75 cents
Ape Escape (BL) PS1: $.75 cents

Star Trek Starfleet Academy (Complete) 32x: $1.50
IMG

Mishran

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/02/2013, 09:10 AMGoodwill:

$20:

-PS2 Fat Console, Vertical Stand, DVD Remote & Sensor, 8MB Memory Card, Black Controller, Clear/Blue Controller, AC cord, AV cables, and official Component Cables!

-Power Joy (plays Famicom Games with the cartridge slot built-in), Cartridge, and the 2nd Player Controller (that plugs into the main controller on the bottom port)

-----------------------

Activision Anthology PS2: $1.50
Gallop Racer 2003: New Breed PS2: $1.50
Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue PS2: 1.50

Syphon Filter 2 (GH) PS1: $1.50
Pro Pinball Big Race USA (BL) PS1: $.75 cents
Atari Anniversary Edition Redux (BL) PS1: $.75 cents
Ape Escape (BL) PS1: $.75 cents

Star Trek Starfleet Academy (Complete) 32x: $1.50
Would have dropped closer to $50 at the damn Goodwills' near me.  [-X

xcrement5x

I got the Project X Zone Limited Edition in the mail yesterday from Gamestop, of course they used crappy packaging it has been squashed.  Thankfully I just went by another GS on the way home and they swapped it out for a nice looking minty copy :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/01/2013, 11:06 PMCourtesy of SuperDeadite....
Downs Syndrome!
IMG

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 07/02/2013, 03:36 PM
Downs Syndrome!
I laughed

quietly....

it was clever..

leaving now.

TheClash603

My Neo Geo X Gold game package was waiting for me when I got home.  I am excited to see what kind of updates this brings to the hardware!

whisper2053

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/02/2013, 07:26 PMMy Neo Geo X Gold game package was waiting for me when I got home.  I am excited to see what kind of updates this brings to the hardware!
Good luck...
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Neo Geo X Mega-Pack Vol 1 Review:
IMG

Sparky

I would wash that down... But nice beams :)

BlueBMW

wildfruit

this got delivered today for a pittance
/vylx.jpg

whisper2053

Wooooo Energy! Despite what others seem to think, an oddly fun game. Awesome gets :)
IMG

turboswimbz

That energy needs a MOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

wildfruit

well i guess water is instant death.

turboswimbz

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/03/2013, 03:44 PMwell i guess water is instant death.
Spoken Like a true ENERGY Player!

Somewhere is a thread on the game with playing tips that Punkicyborg did.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

MotherGunner

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/29/2008, 10:37 AMthis weeky boughts:

/pce20080629ht3.jpg

:)
Man, I am jealous you live in Japan and can just go to the corner to get games!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

wavering

Completed my first US set today.  Got the long awaited last and rarest game of the Virtual Boy library, Jack Bros.
IMG

Don't know if I'll ever find the super rare Japanese releases I don't have.  I'm torn about getting into any of the reproductions.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: MotherGunner on 07/03/2013, 04:56 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/29/2008, 10:37 AMthis weeky boughts:

/pce20080629ht3.jpg

:)
Man, I am jealous you live in Japan and can just go to the corner to get games!
I kept trying to figure out where this was posted, then I see it was 2008!

Bardoly

Got a couple more boxes crossed off of my want list!

/img5546xm.jpg

Only 18 more to go!
Please let me know if you have one for trade/sell that I'm looking for.

Mathius

Well, if you must play Bonk 3 the chiptunes win out over the redbook of the CD.  :wink:

bob

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/03/2013, 02:35 PMthis got delivered today for a pittance
/vylx.jpg
Well done. Was giving this a go myself last week and enjoyed it.

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 07/03/2013, 08:00 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 07/03/2013, 02:35 PMthis got delivered today for a pittance
/vylx.jpg
Ah. Masaya at the top of their game. A masterpiece of game design and an all-time classic. It's so legendary that I don't feel worthy of owning a copy.

PunkCryborg

getting my famicom 3d action ON this is rad racer in the US
/9m8j.jpg

Quote from: Mathius on 07/03/2013, 08:23 PM
Quote from: galam on 07/03/2013, 08:00 PM
/vylx.jpg
Ah. Masaya at the top of their game. A masterpiece of game design and an all-time classic. It's so legendary that I don't feel worthy of owning a copy.
BEST. GAME. EVER.

Sparky

Quote from: Bardoly on 07/03/2013, 06:09 PMGot a couple more boxes crossed off of my want
Geeez the bonk 3 box looks fresh and new... It almost looks fake  :P

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 07/03/2013, 09:05 PMGeeez the bonk 3 box looks fresh and new... It almost looks fake  :P
I was going to say the same thing.

Bardoly, are you putting these things in box protectors?  Not to sound like a collector, but that is a rare box/game and probably cost you a pretty penny.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

bob

How is battlecorps?  I always wanted to try it.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: galam on 07/05/2013, 07:48 AMHow is battlecorps?  I always wanted to try it.
It's not bad!  A little clunky at times, but hey, you're controlling a giant robot. :/ it's a dirt cheap game though, so if you have a sega CD, I wouldn't pass it up.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

whisper2053

My order from Windy Gaming finally came in! Woooooooooooo :D

/1hom.jpg
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Windy Gaming's selection is slowly growing. Close to me too.
IMG

whisper2053

Slowly...

Have you checked his FB page yet? There's a metric crap ton of stuff about to go up on the site!

https://www.facebook.com/WindyGaming
IMG

dingsbums

/rce4.jpg

Doraemon was my last missing Hudson Vol. HU Card so finally complete:

/z8hl.jpg

And I'm really glad Irem made a Gekisha Boy sequel  :D

/qdzf.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: dingsbums on 07/05/2013, 05:41 PMDoraemon was my last missing Hudson Vol. HU Card so finally complete:
/z8hl.jpg
What's the fatty in the middle?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

dingsbums

BlueBMW

Complete sets are always so cool :D

Courtesy of Mishran... thanks a lot man!  I didnt realize Flying Power Disc was Windjammers!  Way awesome!!

/neocd1_zps0f0754b6.jpg
/neocd2_zps9f4e0eca.jpg

whisper2053

Holy front loader batman!

Nice gets!!!
IMG