10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardoly

Picked up a few more boxes recently.

/iqv5.jpg

Only 11 more left to go, but I have 3 on the way, so actually only 8 more to go!

If anyone has any of the below boxes that they can spare for trade or $, please contact me.

Fighting Street
J.B. Harold Murder Club
Legendary Axe II, The
Lords of the Rising Sun
Sinistron
Timeball
Turrican
Ys Book I & II

Also got some more PC Engine goodness lately.

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

liquitek

DC broadband adapter  :mrgreen:  w00t!

SuperDeadite

Does someone make bootleg Espgaluda PGM carts now? Damn, the real pcb is still quite affordable too...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

whisper2053

Quote from: liquitek on 07/18/2013, 04:48 PMDC broadband adapter  :mrgreen:  w00t!
Hells yeah! Got my PSO on tonight and it was amazing!

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/18/2013, 06:18 PMDoes someone make bootleg Espgaluda PGM carts now? Damn, the real pcb is still quite affordable too...
They do, and not as affordable as $68 shipped! I'll take a Cave boot that works perfectly fine for that price any day of the week, thanks :D
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: whisper2053 on 07/18/2013, 04:19 PMToday's goodies!

/yifs.jpg
How much that dc bba cost you ? I often see those go for high prices sadly enough  :(
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

whisper2053

Just around $100 shipped, though I wound up having to pay a bit more for gas money to a buddy since I had to have it shipped to him due to the seller not being willing to ship to an APO an all others that WERE willing were quoting astronomical sums. Considering that it was a mint sealed copy that I got the joy of cracking open and installing fresh, I say worth it to me :)
IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/16/2013, 05:17 PMA cd+g version of Chris Isaak's Silvertone found its way into my mailbox yesterday.  Most tracks have rather dull graphics (various pics of Isaak), but those for Voodoo and Gone Riding are neato, especially the latter as it looks like it might've been made for It Came From the Desert.
I only have a handful of CD+G DISCS, I'll take Isaak if you get bored of it.

I'm wanting...Talking Heads (Naked, I have non CD+G disc IMG )...Alphaville....etc...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

tsuran

Posting is overrated.

bob

found these at a thrift for 50 cents each and I couldn't say no.  there have been a number of times I have said, "I wish I had a pair of those cheap 3d glasses..." for one thing or another.  not sure I have ever seen any with actual frames and lenses.

dotsandloops .com/turbo/3d.jpg

PikachuWarrior

Time and Eternity for PS3. $59.99

IMG
IMG

xcrement5x

I just got my copy of Time and Eternity as well.  That poster is beautiful, and really large.  Like 3'x2'
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

whisper2053

Mr. Postman brought me some more stuff today :)

/vdym.jpg

Apologies for cruddy pic...crap light and crap cam :(
IMG

BlueBMW

Outrun 2019!!! I love that game!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/19/2013, 08:36 PMOutrun 2019!!! I love that game!
ME TOO! :D I'm glad I finally got it because it's one of the best driving game I've yet played on the MD.  The overpasses & clear road effects are so cool, and with a couple exceptions, the music is just great.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

chany60126

Finally got around to posting my VGS hauly. Didn't buy a whole lot, but I got some quality games from PCEFX members and the show as well. Kyukyoku Tiger is awesome!!
IMG

Mathius

Is there a Turbochip inside that Tonma box? That is one of the last US releases I want, though I doubt that will ever happen. Like always I am going to wait for a good deal to come my way.

Kyokyoku Tiger, like Tatsujin, has a soundtrack that is leagues better than its arcade parent. So, in essence, come for the shootie action, stay for the tunes. :)

FiftyQuid

@galam, those glasses are awesome!

Quote from: guest on 07/19/2013, 04:15 PMI just got my copy of Time and Eternity as well.  That poster is beautiful, and really large.  Like 3'x2'
Mine is still it transit.  Glad to hear the poster is beautiful because the reviews are saying the game is shit.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

chany60126

Quote from: Mathius on 07/19/2013, 10:44 PMIs there a Turbochip inside that Tonma box? That is one of the last US releases I want, though I doubt that will ever happen. Like always I am going to wait for a good deal to come my way.

Kyokyoku Tiger, like Tatsujin, has a soundtrack that is leagues better than its arcade parent. So, in essence, come for the shootie action, stay for the tunes. :)
My Tonma is complete in the box. I got that one from nectarsis. You got some great games too! Chase HQ is one of my favorite car games on the turbo, I think you will like that one. :)

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/20/2013, 11:43 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/19/2013, 10:44 PMIs there a Turbochip inside that Tonma box? That is one of the last US releases I want, though I doubt that will ever happen. Like always I am going to wait for a good deal to come my way.

My Tonma is complete in the box. I got that one from nectarsis. You got some great games too! Chase HQ is one of my favorite car games on the turbo, I think you will like that one. :)
I loved Chase HQ in the arcade and this is a great port. I was ready to throw my controller at the tv last time I played it though. I hate how quickly the game can throw your car into a ditch.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

^^ What system is for those CDs towards the bottom of the pic? My curiosity has nothing to do with that above panty shot.

SuperPlay

Quote from: Mathius on 07/20/2013, 11:21 PM^^ What system is for those CDs towards the bottom of the pic? My curiosity has nothing to do with that above panty shot.
The HuCards are from Games Express/Hacker International.

From left to right:

Kiyuu Kiyoku Mahjong Idol Graphics Vol 1
Kiyuu Kiyoku Mahjong Idol Graphics Vol 2
AV Poker World Gambler

and

Tengai Makyō II: Manjimaru soundtrack at the bottom (Think so anyway!)

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/tm2/index.html

wildfruit

got 8 hucards including parasol stars for £10
will have a copy of blazing lazers and 2 keith courage to raffle away on the slim chance no one has these

Nando

Quote from: whisper2053 on 07/19/2013, 06:07 PMMr. Postman brought me some more stuff today :)

/vdym.jpg

Apologies for cruddy pic...crap light and crap cam :(
How well don they play/look?

bob

Is sonic advance 3 for GBA worth mentioning?
Got it today and have never played it.

whisper2053

Quote from: Nando on 07/21/2013, 04:49 PMHow well don they play/look?
Not too bad, all things considered. I'm definitely having a good time with Judgement...side scrolling beat 'em ups are always fun :)
IMG

bartre

Quote from: whisper2053 on 07/21/2013, 09:12 PM
Quote from: Nando on 07/21/2013, 04:49 PMHow well don they play/look?
Not too bad, all things considered. I'm definitely having a good time with Judgement...side scrolling beat 'em ups are always fun :)
not so, ever play GG Isuka?
that crap sucked.

whisper2053

Isuka's a fighter, not a beat 'em up. And yes, I have the GGI cart for my Atomiswave and know what you mean. Though it does get stick time (like all of my games), it is probably the least played out of the various arcade titles I have. Judgement is more of a Final Fight/SoR style game, but with the GG fighting engine buried in there so that the moves and combos systems are still intact. Plus, as a bonus, it has the full copy of Guilty Gear X2 Reload on the UMD as well. Score!
IMG

bartre

perhaps i should have specified - boost mode in isuka:

whisper2053

Quote from: bartre on 07/22/2013, 09:45 AMperhaps i should have specified - boost mode in isuka:
Ok, yeah...Judgement plays kind of like that. Hmm. I don't recall seeing a mode like that on the arcade cart. Going back now to check it out.

Edit: Nope, no Boost mode that I can see on the original Atomiswave cart. Shame too...it looks like something I'd actually enjoy.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/23/2013, 10:41 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 04/23/2013, 08:24 PMI always misread game titles too.  Being a beaner, I always saw/read "Salsa Frontier."   :lol:
IMG
Nice! I have this, wasn't easy to beat, that's for sure.

Quote from: guest on 04/24/2013, 12:45 PMman saga frontier was the bane of a few PS1 controllers in my house.   What a frustratingly awesome game.
Yeah, frustration rings a bell. It's an interesting game I remember, beautifully pre-rendered backgrounds at parts, but I didn't enjoy it all that much. I recall that I cheated with a GameShark and maxed out all my characters cause I just wanted to breeze through it for the story, but the game dynamically adjusts the difficulty of the bosses in relation to your experience level I guess, so every boss I ever fought wound up having like 99,999 Max HP and what not which resulted in boss battles lasting like ~40 minutes or so!!! Hah!

bartre

Quote from: whisper2053 on 07/22/2013, 10:03 AM
Quote from: bartre on 07/22/2013, 09:45 AMperhaps i should have specified - boost mode in isuka:
Ok, yeah...Judgement plays kind of like that. Hmm. I don't recall seeing a mode like that on the arcade cart. Going back now to check it out.

Edit: Nope, no Boost mode that I can see on the original Atomiswave cart. Shame too...it looks like something I'd actually enjoy.
yeah, probably only in the PS2 port, i've never messed with the atomiswave at all.

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/21/2013, 06:42 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/20/2013, 11:21 PM^^ What system is for those CDs towards the bottom of the pic? My curiosity has nothing to do with that above panty shot.
The HuCards are from Games Express/Hacker International.

From left to right:

Kiyuu Kiyoku Mahjong Idol Graphics Vol 1
Kiyuu Kiyoku Mahjong Idol Graphics Vol 2
AV Poker World Gambler

and

Tengai Makyō II: Manjimaru soundtrack at the bottom (Think so anyway!)

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/tm2/index.html
exactry ^^

btw. Kyūkyoku it is^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

whisper2053

Today's goodies:

/6i5d.jpg

New/replacement psu for my cmvs (previous one died :( ), 'galuda insert, and dual card psp adapter for twice the goodness. Yeah!
IMG

xcrement5x

I found this for $4 so I figured what the hell:

IMG
Club Saturn Soundtrack Set by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Soundtrack has a bunch of remixes from Saturn games, but the samples used are pretty weak for most of what I listened too.  2 Disc set, the second disc looks like a demo from the EU I guess.  Weird to find in the US, but like I said, it was $4.

Here's the audio on YT someone else uploaded if anyone is interested:
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PukeSter

I bought yesterday...

Sonic Colors (Wii)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

Both games are CIC used. And both are great fun! :D

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Gameboy Player (Missing Boot Disc--already have a set): $8.00
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/23/2013, 11:02 PMGoodwill:

How the hell does your goodwill always have so much vidja game stuff!?  The ones around here almost never have anything.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

xcrement5x

Nice!  I used to see loose players locally frequently for that price or less as well but I haven't in awhile.  It's a shame too since I've got a modded cube I want to pair with one before I try and sell it.

majors

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2013, 12:35 PMSoundtrack has a bunch of remixes from Saturn games, but the samples used are pretty weak for most of what I listened too.
I found and bought this BitD from a record store (remember those?). Yes, it is "weak" but you could also say down tempo or elevator music. I still think it's cool due to the fact it is Saturn related. Mine copy only had one disc, so you must have got the rares import :)
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/24/2013, 03:03 AM

How the hell does your goodwill always have so much vidja game stuff!?  The ones around here almost never have anything.
EXACTLY! For years, most thrift stores (around here) haven't carried many electronics (because it wasn't worth the hassle unless it could easily be tested).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

whisper2053

Latest Santa Mailman leavings!

/oand.jpg

Sweet mecha, awesome story, cheap price, and...Saturn! It is a good day.

Also, some super sweet cases w/ inserts for a couple of genny loosies I had. Fixed!

/i83v.jpg
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PS1/BL Complete): $.75 cents
Soviet Strike (PS1/BL Complete): $.75 cents
Sonic & Knuckles Collection (PC): $.75 cents

In the Tenchu case, was another disc, which I am guessing may be that action game where you run around an arena shooting the other enemies down. Forgot the name, but the disc has a red tone and a picture of a clown with sharp teeth. :P

EDIT: Twisted Metal 2!
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/24/2013, 03:03 AM

How the hell does your goodwill always have so much vidja game stuff!?  The ones around here almost never have anything.
Not sure. I imagine it is because our region doesn't put their (expensive) items on shopgoodwill.com so that helps to ensure they stay at the local stores.
IMG

tbsjordan

Been awhile since I'd bought anything from Japan, here's my most recent arrivals:

IMG
IMG

wildfruit

my little bargain bundle arrived

/cxtb.jpg

*lord knows why this is upside down

MrFlutterPie

PunkCryborg

arcade card is from turboswimbz, thanks bud!
PCFX pad was a steal of a deal on ebay from this seller who sent it with some really nice origami paper as a gift with a nice personal card!

/faff.jpg