The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/24/2013, 11:21 PMTwisted Metal 2!
Ahhh I have some great memories of that one! :D  At least, before my parents told me I couldn't play it or Goldeneye anymore. -_-
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Nando

Return of the joker. A looker of a game, I recall the ads too. Looks like 16bit games...

PikachuWarrior

Didn't find much, but couldn't go wrong finding $.75 cent games at Goodwill, so I picked up:

Tennis 2K2 (Dreamcast/Complete): $.75 cents.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/25/2013, 10:11 PMrolf?
I was but a wee lad & they thought I was enjoying capping guys in the head too much. :/
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MrFlutterPie

My mom actually enforced the ESRB rating with me.  I was 17 when I got my first M rated game Turok 2.

TheClash603

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/26/2013, 01:09 AMMy mom actually enforced the ESRB rating with me.  I was 17 when I got my first M rated game Turok 2.
Thankfully that shit didn't exist when we were younger.  I hope you got some Smash TV, NARC, and Chiller in before the man ruined your fun.

wildfruit

the bbfc have been classifying video games since 1986! its certificates are mandatory for home use but cinema certificates are not law so you could take a toddler to see centipide (rated 18+)for instance but they would not be legally permitted to watch say pirates of the caribbean at home (rated 12+) bizarre

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/26/2013, 01:09 AMMy mom actually enforced the ESRB rating with me.  I was 17 when I got my first M rated game Turok 2.
that sucks.

My parents enforced the "who fucking cares." rule.   I was shooting nazis and demons when I was what, like, 6?

I turned out ok! 

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2013, 08:33 AM
that sucks.

My parents enforced the "who fucking cares." rule.   I was shooting nazis and demons when I was what, like, 6?

I turned out ok! 
Same here.  36 years old and havent killed anybody.
I DID get arrested for mushrooms when i was 18, hmmmm....maybe super mario SHOULD have been ESRB rated...

Nando

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2013, 08:33 AM
that sucks.

I turned out ok! 
Says you!   ;)

PikachuWarrior

Got this in today's mail. It's massive and heavy. $37 shipped. Not free this time on Amazon. Didn't have enough gift cards.

IMG
IMG

esadajr

Batman 2 must be one of the must frustrating games I've ever played
Gaming since 1985

Sparky

Finally games I have been looking for :)......
IMG

And some other goods, hey if anyone has any Jurassic park figures pm me stat :)

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Nando on 07/25/2013, 10:30 PMReturn of the joker. A looker of a game, I recall the ads too. Looks like 16bit games...
Nice yeah return of the joker for the nes does kind of look like that.That was another game that use a custom mapper,so sunsoft got more out of the graphics&sound.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

JoshTurboTrollX

I've not been posting most of the stuff I've snagged from recent events/rummage sales, but figured I should share this most recent pickup-

/e4jh.jpg

It's a TANDY CoCo2 game. Amazing little gem!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PukeSter

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/29/2013, 11:01 AMI've not been posting most of the stuff I've snagged from recent events/rummage sales, but figured I should share this most recent pickup-

I just looked up a video for that. Looks like a very fun (if slow) Donkey Kong Clone. :)

Yesterday I bought:

Wonder Boy in Monster Land (case and cart)

And my first ever NEO GEO games. :P

Last Blade 2 U.S. CIC
KOF 96 U.S. CIC

Too bad the store didn't have a CDZ, so I need to get one of those. :|

marktheshark

A few weeks ago, I went to a gaming event & picked up:

Nakitek Game Saver for Super NES
Final Fight 2 (SFC, CIB)
Super Mario Kart (SFC, Box & Cart)
Super Puyo Puyo 2 Remix (SFC, CIB)
Wario's Woods (Super NES)
and a Super NES Game Genie.

Today, I got Star Ocean: The Second Story & for being CIB, it was pretty cheap. ($20-30)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/29/2013, 11:01 AMI've not been posting most of the stuff I've snagged from recent events/rummage sales, but figured I should share this most recent pickup-

/e4jh.jpg

That was my first ever home video game - the one that got me hooked! holy crap - I've been trying to remember the name of that game for ages. great pickup!

FiftyQuid

Finally got everything I've been waiting on.  Shipping to Canada can be sooo painful sometimes.  Some of this is local buys (PC Engine), some eBay, some from my hometown flea market store.

/nruk.jpg
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

^^ sweet case for TE. Is it padded inside? More pics if it?

FiftyQuid

Quote from: galam on 07/30/2013, 07:32 AM^^ sweet case for TE. Is it padded inside? More pics if it?
See this thread for pic overload;
TE Foam Replacement
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

Pic overload accepted. Thanks. Awesome job. Very inspirational. I'm the type of person that makes everything a lot harder than it needs to be. Sometimes we lose sight of how simple a fix can be.

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/30/2013, 08:05 AM
Quote from: galam on 07/30/2013, 07:32 AM^^ sweet case for TE. Is it padded inside? More pics if it?
See this thread for pic overload;
TE Foam Replacement
Send me that damn case! Now.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/31/2013, 07:59 AMIMG
INTERESTINGLY, this is NOT a description of the product, but a command.

Land of the Rising Sun, indeed.

bob

more records...

dotsandloops .com/turbo/rocky.jpg

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: galam on 07/31/2013, 11:22 AMmore records...
/rocky.jpg
Ha! Only 1-2 albums I don't know intimately.

The Flock of Seagulls album is good, by the way, and not commonly available on CD (well, last time I checked, which was a few years ago). Nice range of material (short pop songs, longer, more atmospheric synth, etc.)

:pcgs:

bob

The Life Bermuda album is all signed on the back. Couldnt pass it up knowing those guys touched it.

esadajr

Monkey hero kinda looks like Monkey Khan
Gaming since 1985

chany60126

Got this in the mail on Monday. Thanks BlueBMW!
IMG

Sparky

Nice chany!

I Finally games I have been looking for except monkey hero as it is a Russian version :(....
IMG

Bernie

Sparky, I had loads of fun with Streets of Rage!!  Very good game.

roflmao

Nice chany!

Looks like you picked up some good times, Sparks!

Mathius

Welcome to the elite, Chany! Tatsujin PCE will make a man out of you.

BlueBMW

Tatsujin bested me :(  I am le fail
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/31/2013, 09:24 PMTatsujin bested me :(  I am le fail
Dare you to try Hard Mode on MD Tatsujin.

Makes the PCE seem like a walk in the park.

PCEngineHell

That Monkey Hero looks bootleg.

Bardoly

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/31/2013, 08:36 PMGot this in the mail on Monday. Thanks BlueBMW!
IMG
Let us know when you beat it....sometime next century.

chany60126

That Tatsujin game does not mess around. Stage 1 was making me break a sweat trying to dodge all of those bullets! Not to mention enemies can withstand many hits. I like the music and graphics in the game. I just need a lot of practice, hehe.

Opethian

save yoru bombs until the boss or you will never have antyhign to get out of stage 2 lol
IMG

Nando

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/31/2013, 09:28 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/31/2013, 09:24 PMTatsujin bested me :(  I am le fail
Dare you to try Hard Mode on MD Tatsujin.

Makes the PCE seem like a walk in the park.
Tatsujin/Truxton (do you know how many years it took for my brain to rewire the name of this game from Truxton to Tatsujin?) has kicked me in the face when I was on the ground. I haven't invested much time in it in years, but I remember SLOW PROGRESS; I know I'm in for some pain when I revisit it.

Accidentally launching a bomb in Tatsujin (something I've done) is so demoralizing—it's like flushing your phone down the toilet.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: esteban on 08/01/2013, 10:11 AM2]
—it's like flushing your phone down the toilet.
My sister has dropped her phone in the toilet twice now lol.

psychobear

Got these recently and for a good price besides MOTW

zps5e46c95a.jpg

Mathius

I think you have to loop Tatsujin 5 times to legitimately clear the game. I have looped Truxton once but couldn't sit through it any longer. Looping Tatsujin just once may be a dream that may never come true for me.

whisper2053

Quote from: psychobear on 08/01/2013, 02:31 PMGot these recently and for a good price besides MOTW
zps5e46c95a.jpg
Sexy! Glad to see that you were finally able to track down that MOTW dude. It is a fantastic game and is definitely in good hands now...enjoy!
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance (Xbox) Disc/Generic Gamestop Case: $2.50
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (Xbox) Complete! $2.50
IMG