@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychobear

Quote from: whisper2053 on 08/01/2013, 04:10 PM
Quote from: psychobear on 08/01/2013, 02:31 PMGot these recently and for a good price besides MOTW
zps5e46c95a.jpg
Sexy! Glad to see that you were finally able to track down that MOTW dude. It is a fantastic game and is definitely in good hands now...enjoy!
Thanks and I will, my 6 year old is gonna be doing flips when he sees it, main reason why I got it and paid what it's going for...

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

PukeSter

Quote from: Mathius on 08/01/2013, 02:53 PMI think you have to loop Tatsujin 5 times to legitimately clear the game. I have looped Truxton once but couldn't sit through it any longer. Looping Tatsujin just once may be a dream that may never come true for me.
I used to have Drol for the Sega SG-1000 (I used to have a very large SG-1000 collection). You also had to loop that 5 times to win. What a wonderful and quirky game!  :mrgreen:

IMG

TheClash603

Nice Ope!  You have been looking for that one forever.

BigusSchmuck

MrFlutterPie

Bernie

Got the NES Everdrive in today.  Its really a nice piece!  Its nice being able to play the disk system games, and it auto switches disk A or B for you, really a nice touch.  So far I've been very impressed with these chips.  I've got the Turbo one, Snes , and now the NES.  Think I'll grab the N64 one next.  I may get the MegaDrive one at some point, not sure yet.

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Bernie on 08/02/2013, 12:53 AMGot the NES Everdrive in today.  Its really a nice piece!  Its nice being able to play the disk system games, and it auto switches disk A or B for you, really a nice touch.  So far I've been very impressed with these chips.  I've got the Turbo one, Snes , and now the NES.  Think I'll grab the N64 one next.  I may get the MegaDrive one at some point, not sure yet.
How is the extra sound from FDS games and others like Dracula 3? I am assuming you did the resistor audio mod asking this, lol.

I am really considering buying it instead of the Powerpak or the newer Powerpak coming out soon supposedly.

esadajr

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 08/02/2013, 12:59 PMHow is the extra sound from FDS games and others like Dracula 3? I am assuming you did the resistor audio mod asking this, lol.
Even without the mod, sound is pretty good. Dracula 3 sounds kinda soft.
Gaming since 1985

munchiaz

Got my SMT games in the mail yesterday. Also i just got back from a trip to Disney land, and i picked up a few things there.

IMG

IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Opethian on 08/01/2013, 08:35 PMIMG
at long last!
Nice Ope!  It looks like it is in beautiful shape too!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SmaMan

Even though I said I shouldn't yet, I broke down and ordered a Famicom yesterday. Should be here within the month.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

PukeSter

I'm getting my Neo Geo fix for the first time!

-Neo Geo CDZ
-Samurai Spirits II
-extra controller

Currently have Last Blade 2 and KOF 96

RoyVegas

Picked up a new tow vehicle.   The old one just wasn't going to do the job well enough. 2013 F150 with Ecoboost and the max tow package.

IMG
All is well. :)

bob

Weird.  A couple more thousand and you could have bought Magical Chase.

(looks sweet, BTW)

Sparky

Quote from: galam on 08/02/2013, 09:29 PMWeird.  A couple more thousand and you could have bought Magical Chase.

(looks sweet, BTW)
Hahaha

bob

I dream of a camper like that.  Seriously, those things are terrific

RoyVegas

Quote from: galam on 08/02/2013, 09:29 PMWeird.  A couple more thousand and you could have bought Magical Chase.

(looks sweet, BTW)
And at the current magical chase inflation rate, I could just sell it and buy a semi in 5 years.
All is well. :)

MotherGunner

Or you can buy a military APC.  In all seriousness though, none of those fools, (or us for that matter) get to take any of this shit to the next life!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

psychobear

Quote from: RoyVegas on 08/02/2013, 09:19 PMPicked up a new tow vehicle.   The old one just wasn't going to do the job well enough. 2013 F150 with Ecoboost and the max tow package.

IMG
Saw it today, looks good

esteban

^ Roy, that's a much better way to travel than a minivan stuffed with camping gear  :pcgs: !
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

bob

Thrift store finds.  I have never seen the RCA plug-in game before so took a chance on it for $2.

/blade1.jpg

/rca1.jpg

Some of the High(low)lights of the RCA plug-n-play...
The 1942 style shooter is actually quite fun, and the submarine game is a reverse space invaders where YOU attack from the top.
I thought the lighthouse pic was kind of neat, but it's just the intro to the lawn mowing game.
Battleship is quite playable and the Hang-On clone sucks.

/rcaa.jpg
/rcab.jpg
/rcac.jpg
/rcad.jpg
/rca2.jpg
/rca9.jpg

Mathius

That submarine game looks like a clone of Sega's Subscan (I think?) for the 2600. I have very find memories of that game.

Joe Redifer

That motorcycle game stole Road Rash sprites for sure.

Sparky

From Beamer with love... :)

(Came with all hook ups )

IMG

esteban

Quote from: bob on 08/03/2013, 05:45 PMRCA
I must be crazy, because I'm always curious about the games on these things.

Any music that is memorable?

/turbo/rca3.jpg

Any bosses? Is there another stage? YOU MUST FIND OUT AND TAKE PICS.  :pcgs:

/turbo/rca4.jpg

A charming lighthouse! It looks like the lawn-mowing game has the most polish when it comes to graphics (shading/color palette...granted, the top-down perspective keeps things pretty darn boring).

/turbo/rca9.jpg

Tell me more bout this game. I know it's no Blodia/Timeball, but I have a fetish for any game with a rolling ball (Marble Madness, Pinball Track, etc)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Quote from: esteban on 08/04/2013, 06:30 AM
Quote from: bob on 08/03/2013, 05:45 PMRCA
I must be crazy, because I'm always curious about the games on these things.

Any music that is memorable?

/turbo/rca3.jpg

Any bosses? Is there another stage? YOU MUST FIND OUT AND TAKE PICS.  :pcgs:

/turbo/rca4.jpg

A charming lighthouse! It looks like the lawn-mowing game has the most polish when it comes to graphics (shading/color palette...granted, the top-down perspective keeps things pretty darn boring).

/turbo/rca9.jpg

Tell me more bout this game. I know it's no Blodia/Timeball, but I have a fetish for any game with a rolling ball (Marble Madness, Pinball Track, etc)
None of the music jumped out at me. But I only tried the games that I took pics of. I'll need to pay more attention.

The shooter does have bosses and multiple stages. It really does play well.
Power ups too to make your gun a multi-shot, spread pea shooter.
As for the marble game, I didn't play it long, but you basically move the marble around the track and find checkpoints while avoiding obstacles. Physics aren't really there as its pretty easy to move the ball. It doesn't build much momentum.

Tatsujin

From yesterdays HO ride (raid) :)

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

What system is the version of Quarth (upper right corner) for?

Tatsujin

Look, there is a Famicom mark on its left down corner :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/04/2013, 08:43 AMLook, there is a Famicom mark on its left down corner :)
Ah ok! I wondered what that loge meant. I don't think any of my Famicom boxes have that logo.

TheClash603

Tats is happy now.

Will have Terrors later.

xcrement5x

I love how the fami cart is larger than the GBA SP.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Tatsujin

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/04/2013, 11:05 AMWill have Terrors later.
ROLF, tell me more about.

xele: yeah, how technology changes.

jeffhlewis

My katakana is failing me...does that say "Konamic Sports"? (obviously it's a Konami game)

SuperDeadite

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/05/2013, 09:35 PMMy katakana is failing me...does that say "Konamic Sports"? (obviously it's a Konami game)
Correct, it's a play on words.   Konamic Sports as in "Konami Olympic Sports"
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PikachuWarrior

Found some decent games at Goodwill:

$1.50 Each!

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Mario Party 4
Super Monkey Ball 2 (Player's Choice)
Starfox Assault (Player's Choice)

Didn't have any of them, so I'm happy to add them all in!
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/05/2013, 09:41 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/05/2013, 09:35 PMMy katakana is failing me...does that say "Konamic Sports"? (obviously it's a Konami game)
Correct, it's a play on words.   Konamic Sports as in "Konami Olympic Sports"
and "in Bercelona" :lol:

kotobaasobi "言葉遊び" is very common practice for japanese titles and such.

Opethian

IMG

geise

PikachuWarrior

Got this in the mail today. :) Excited to get into this one !

/6bzj.jpg
IMG

PukeSter

Perfect Dark N64 Cart
F-Zero X N64 Cart

Both about $6.80 :)

Would have bought the Goldeneye cart (despite having pen all over the cart and label), but seller wanted $20. >:P

Non-Game Related: Beavis and Butthead Volumes 2, 3 and 4

Ninja Spirit

Been a great two weeks for me!
IMG

No kids and crayons in this heez!
IMG

IMG

Nando

Go Go Ackman FTW! I like the 1st and 3rd better.

Mathius

Tatsujin

You have monies laying on the floors :)

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Mathius on 08/07/2013, 12:30 PMDoes the disk drive work?
instagram/3c578322fec511e2a9e622000a1fba5e_7.jpg

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/07/2013, 12:45 PMYou have monies laying on the floors :)
Oh that was a piece of gil that fell from my FF6 copy :D

Nando

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/07/2013, 12:45 PMYou have monies laying on the floors :)
It's meant as a size reference...DUH!