RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Not my pic, but got this in today

FightingRunPCE.jpg

xcrement5x

Man, got my copy of the Xillia Collector's Edtion box yesterday.  That thing is freaking huge!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jeffhlewis

My belated haul from VGS 2013:

IMG
IMG
IMG

Mathius

It will be interesting to see if those VMU batteries are still functional. My guess is that they are dead.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 08/09/2013, 09:30 AMIt will be interesting to see if those VMU batteries are still functional. My guess is that they are dead.
I think when VMUS are originally shipped there is a little piece of plastic that prevents the circuit from being completed (and the battery from draining down) until it is pulled out.  The Saturn has a similar thing with a little piece of cloth to prevent the circuit.  I recently pulled the cloth out on one Saturn I got of Craigslist and the battery still worked!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PukeSter

Bought yesterday...

killer instinct gold n64 cart
turok 2 n64 black cart

I bought these at Juex Video in Quebec
Everything though was double or more eBay price.

Gillian Seed

Nando

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2013, 04:53 PMBought yesterday...

turok 2 n64 black cart

That's Canada for ya.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Nando on 08/10/2013, 10:30 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/09/2013, 04:53 PMBought yesterday...

turok 2 n64 black cart

That's Canada for ya.
Sad but true :(

Gillian Seed

A local place around here (also in Canada) was trying to sell a Super Famicom for $125 and that's without it's box.

PukeSter

If Juex Videos n64 cart of sin and punishment was $60, I fear to think what their pal megadrive CIB Alien Soldier costs.

Mathius

Finally! Extra special and whole-hearted thanks to Nectarsis.

/zps6777bf39.jpg

Opethian

IMG

PikachuWarrior

is that how the real hucard tray looked like? not in a jewel case?
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/10/2013, 08:57 PMis that how the real hucard tray looked like? not in a jewel case?
Neutopia II was a later TTI release and those games all came in that cost reduced packaging. I'll make a standard case out of it one day. I have a Sparky sticker floating around here somewhere.

bob

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/10/2013, 08:57 PMis that how the real hucard tray looked like? not in a jewel case?
Hey, I'm not trying to be jerk, but 900+ posts on a turbo site and you didn't know this?

PikachuWarrior

I haven't bought a hucard-based game since last Fall. For all I know, they were in jewel cases. So...
IMG

cyloaiza

Quote from: galam on 08/10/2013, 10:28 PM
Hey, I'm not trying to be jerk, but 900+ posts on a turbo site and you didn't know this?
Well, also keep in mind that 850 of his 900 posts pertaining to this individual deal with the petty finds he gets at thrift shops...

Tatsujin

recent haulies :)

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

futureman2000

Ack... Why won't sega release those 3d arcade games in the US?

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

jeffhlewis

Noticed this Genny/MD Laseractive pac on ebay for $70 BIN; not even sure if that's a good deal. I'm not up on my Laseractive market values :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111139066255?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

wildfruit

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/12/2013, 12:53 PMNoticed this Genny/MD Laseractive pac on ebay for $70 BIN; not even sure if that's a good deal. I'm not up on my Laseractive market values :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111139066255?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
there is a laseractive with md and pce for sale on ebay uk currently started at 99p no reserve already up to £200 i wish i had some dosh

Bernie

Got some Gamecube stuffs coming.  Had these all before, but gave them to my daughters.

IMG
IMG
IMG

SmaMan

In lieu of a full-on catch up post, I'll just show you some of the more interesting things in my latest haul.
IMG
Gokujyo Parodius Deluxe Pack for Sega Saturn
Lagrange Point for Famicom
2 neat custom art NES controllers  :D
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Gillian Seed

Very nice. I thought about getting Lagrange Point a few times.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Gillian Seed on 08/13/2013, 10:14 AMVery nice. I thought about getting Lagrange Point a few times.
I just wanted it solely to hear the FM chip:

SmaMan

To be honest, yeah, that's what I got it (and my Famicom) for too, though I have played a bit of it and it's a great RPG. Kinda like Phantasy Star II in some ways. Shame they never brought it to the west.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

TR0N

/zpsc5a70b30.pngq
I didn't pay pull price either.Since i preorder it through amazon before it went up in price,it just cost me $39.99  :mrgreen:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

tbsjordan

This past week:

IMG

Terraforming was from Nectaris (thank you-btw) Everything else bought locally from a friend.

Opethian

coryoon and elevator action! amazing
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

WWE 2013 (X360 / New Sealed): $2.50

It's available if anyone is interested!
IMG

Nando

Quote from: tbsjordan on 08/14/2013, 08:27 PMThis past week:

IMG

Terraforming was from Nectaris (thank you-btw) Everything else bought locally from a friend.
Saturn goodness!

PunkCryborg

Elevator Action Returns is one of my favorite games! Nice haul!

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/14/2013, 09:36 PMElevator Action Returns is one of my favorite games! Nice haul!
I prefer the first one personally. I loved its atmosphere. :)

tbsjordan

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to trying out all of those :D

bob

Somer assault loose for $35. Goal was under $40. Almost pulled the trigger on one for 44, but I stuck to my guns and waited.

Next is world sports under 40
(If anybody has one, PM me.)

esteban

I rarely post in this thread, but I felt inspired...

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

AAAAHHHHHHH!  Ive been looking for a nice bomber raid for over a year now.
(At a fair price)

roflmao

MrFlutterPie

I always wondered what your real name was and now I know :)

Tatsujin

SuperPlay

xcrement5x

I got some new stuff from Japan yesterday, mainly Mega CDs!

IMG
Japan finds from YJA by xcrement5x, on Flickr

IMG
Japan finds from YJA by xcrement5x, on Flickr

MOAR POPPURU!

The interesting thing (and actually the main reason I bought a lot the games in this bundle) is that Popful Mail trial version Mega CD.  I'd never seen one for Popful before so I felt compelled to add it to my collection if I could.
I've got a third box coming in which has a lot more of the goodies I really wanted to play with first :D

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2013, 08:43 AMI got some new stuff from Japan yesterday, mainly Mega CDs!

MOAR POPPURU!

The interesting thing (and actually the main reason I bought a lot the games in this bundle) is that Popful Mail trial version Mega CD.  I'd never seen one for Popful before so I felt compelled to add it to my collection if I could.
I've got a third box coming in which has a lot more of the goodies I really wanted to play with first :D
Nice haul - i'm still lusting after that version of Night Striker (even though I know it's inferior to the Saturn port by a ton).

Did you get all of that in a lot?

Mathius

I need to get set up for Jap Mega CD play. The art work and jewel cases is what we should have gotten over here instead of the long cases and sometimes uninspired artwork (Working Designs notwithstanding). Plus that may be the cheapest way for me to play Keio on original hardware (no CD-Rs).

xcrement5x

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/16/2013, 09:12 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/16/2013, 08:43 AMI got some new stuff from Japan yesterday, mainly Mega CDs!

MOAR POPPURU!

Nice haul - i'm still lusting after that version of Night Striker (even though I know it's inferior to the Saturn port by a ton).

Yeah, everything but the stuff with the spine cards out I won on a single lot.  The ones with spine cards out I bought someplace else.  I actually have a fairly large number of dupes at this point so if there is interest I'd be happy let some of them go, still need to go through them first to make sure everything looks okay. 

The only big issue is you can't play Mega CD on an unmodified Sega CD, you need a bios swap or like a multicart.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2013, 11:58 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/16/2013, 09:12 AM

MOAR POPPURU!

Yeah, everything but the stuff with the spine cards out I won on a single lot.  The ones with spine cards out I bought someplace else.  I actually have a fairly large number of dupes at this point so if there is interest I'd be happy let some of them go, still need to go through them first to make sure everything looks okay. 

The only big issue is you can't play Mega CD on an unmodified Sega CD, you need a bios swap or like a multicart.
There are multicarts that enable multi-region play on a Sega CD?

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Mathius on 08/16/2013, 03:38 PMThere are multicarts that enable multi-region play on a Sega CD?
The Everdrive allows you to load a Sega CD BIOS, it's a little flaky with some games but it works fine with most. It's necessary for me as I have an unmodded European Mega CD II and I can't use it without the Everdrive.
IMG

Joe Redifer

You can download the region free BIOS for use with the Everdrive and it will work fine. Might not work as well if you have a 32X attached, not sure. The region free BIOS, while it looks kind of glitchy as it's playing back on your screen, it probably better than loading a JP BIOS. But then again I've only tried it once or twice so my testimony isn't the best.