OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

I bunch of odds and ends free from a guy at work, never seen this code Veronica Wesker's Report so a good addition to my dreamcast stash :)

IMG

IMG

liquitek

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2013, 01:33 AMI bunch of odds and ends free from a guy at work, never seen this code Veronica Wesker's Report so a good addition to my dreamcast stash :)

IMG
Very cool!

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Nando

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

SuperPlay

Picked up a couple of soundtracks: Hudson Soft CD-Rom² 1994 Music Works Collection and Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Theme Songs

IMG

Pretty Soldier Sailormoon: http://vgmdb.net/album/6382

1994 Works: http://vgmdb.net/album/5548

Hudson Soft CD-Rom² 1994 Music Works Collection tracklist is very similar to the second release:

1994 Works II: http://vgmdb.net/album/5547

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2013, 11:51 AMmaterial de lectura de cuarto de baño
/goodies.jpg
Damn.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2013, 03:37 PMDidn't buy this, per se, but when i took my boys to their grandparents' house today my father informed me that he'd found my old magazine collection.  Imagine my relief when i saw what he'd found!

/score.jpg

Some sweet cf2 crayon art by 12 year old me, too!

Today is a good day!
Ditto.  :pcgs:

Sparky

Behold... Optimus Wine!!!!
Holds 12 red and 6 white at perfect temp. :) yard sale $10

IMG

Also at yard sale down the street from me..

IMG

roflmao

Optimus Wine is freaking awesome!

Tatsujin

lol optimus wine. hope the wine isn't just primus :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

Sparky, that Optimus Wine is ridiculously.... awesome !

Nec.Game.head

I can second that. I freaking love drinking wine. Theses are a few of my toys I've purchased lately. A Vaterra Kemora RC 1/14th scale 4wd Rally car with a 1400 Lipo battery and a Fuse 6000KV motor. This little beast picks up to 55 Mph. Great fun! I brought home 2 vapor mods, a EDZ Avenger mod with a Igo-w atomizer and a Vape O-Clock Rook mod with a Kayfun 3.1 atomizer. I'm really enjoying these 2 mods. Great vapor production and flavor on both mods. And finally 4 MVS carts for my collection. The Last Blade, Neo Geo Drift Out, Magical Drop 3 and another copy of League Bowling now I have 3 Neo Geo setups totaling 6 lanes of bowling action at the same time. I just can't have enough League Bowling !!!

/ycbl.jpg
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2013, 04:37 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/14/2013, 04:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/13/2013, 11:51 AMmaterial de lectura de cuarto de baño
Damn.  :pcgs:
I know, right?  :dance:

BTW, I saw your 2013 goals and will soon be sharing with you some 300 PPI bitmaps from an Epson Perfection 4990.  Gotta finish rotating (damn .2°), aligning, and cropping them first, but I've nearly completed scanning the following:

TurboPlay: 1, 5-11, 13 (sadly, #11 is pretty worn and had some pages stuck together...)
TurboForce: 1-3
DuoWorld: 1-3

I wish I'd seen your scanning guidelines before starting... your tip about the black construction paper to combat bleed-through is excellent. I'll probably be re-scanning some pages with this technique before all is said and done.
HELL YES I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO UPGRADE THOSE OLD SCANS FOR YEARS!!!!

If you can, use the file-naming-scheme from my site (for individual pages)...with your hardwork, we can finally have scans that LOOK NICE in 2014.  Also, .pdf's of entire issues will be available...something I didn't want to do until better scans were obtained.   

:pcgs:  :pcgs:

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 09/14/2013, 04:37 PM(sadly, #11 is pretty worn and had some pages stuck together...)
Turbob fapping.  It happens.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2013, 11:04 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/14/2013, 04:37 PM(sadly, #11 is pretty worn and had some pages stuck together...)
Turbob fapping.  It happens.
Indeed. That phrase needs to be placed on a T-Shirt.

EvilEvoIX

I just got these for $20 off Craigslist.  I need some games ànd an AC adapter.  I love these things I haven't had one in years.  I used to have a boxed one with 20 boxed games, time to start all over again.  It came with two copies of slime world just incase I want to play it more than once.

IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

jeffhlewis

Ooh Power Stone 2. Always been too rich for my blood to pick up.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/16/2013, 08:51 PMI just got these for $20 off Craigslist.  I need some games ànd an AC adapter.  I love these things I haven't had one in years.  I used to have a boxed one with 20 boxed games, time to start all over again.  It came with two copies of slime world just incase I want to play it more than once.

IMG
IMG
Slime World is pretty good :)  It feels a like a 1984 PC game. 

Congratz on the haul.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 09/16/2013, 10:53 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/16/2013, 08:51 PMI just got these for $20 off Craigslist.  I need some games ànd an AC adapter.  I love these things I haven't had one in years.  I used to have a boxed one with 20 boxed games, time to start all over again.  It came with two copies of slime world just incase I want to play it more than once.

IMG
IMG

Congratz on the haul.
Thanks, I was and am a huge fan of the Lynx and was do impressed with it when it came out.  Ever since I saw Toby Maguire (Yes, Spider Man Himself) sitting on the toilet playing one I had to have one.
This will be my 4th go around, I keep building and then selling Lynx collections for some reason.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

jeffhlewis

Some cheapo randoms at Milwaukee Media XChange for about $20 total. All complete in box:

-Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
-Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
-Lumines (PSP)
-Patapon (PSP)

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/16/2013, 11:07 PM

IMG
IMG

Congratz on the haul.
Thanks, I was and am a huge fan of the Lynx and was do impressed with it when it came out.  Ever since I saw Toby Maguire (Yes, Spider Man Himself) sitting on the toilet playing one I had to have one.
This will be my 4th go around, I keep building and then selling Lynx collections for some reason.
One the coolest games for the Lynx is the Ninja Gaiden arcade port.  I'm not sure if it was ported to any other system at the time.

Digi.k

That was a long wait for courier.. Wanted to just go and pick up regular copy at midnight since this felt like it was taking aaaages to be delivered but its here. Am installing and now gonna take a shower.....

/image-3.jpg

JapanTokei

ditto that.  The Ninja Gaiden arcade game was total bad-ass.  hard as fock as well... which I guess served its purpose as quarter-guzzler well :)

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 09/17/2013, 12:37 AM

IMG
IMG

Congratz on the haul.
One the coolest games for the Lynx is the Ninja Gaiden arcade port.  I'm not sure if it was ported to any other system at the time.

xcrement5x

So this weekend I went to the local anime convention, Nan Desu Kan (NDK 2013), for one day and had a good time.  The main reason I went is because Hidenori Matsubara was going to be there, he's a big name animation director and character designer that worked on the Ah My Goddess series and Evangelion as well.  So, I got in the autograph line and asked him to sign a couple things for me:

First my Ah My Goddess Box Set
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Hidenori Matsubara Autograph 1 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Then he did a sketch of Asuka for me from Eva on the back of my liner notes book from the first volume of the Eva DVDs.
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Hidenori Matsubara Autograph 2 &amp; Sketch by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Then I got back in line a second time hoping for a second sketch.  Little known fact is that he worked on the 8th episode of Bubblegum Crisis as well.  So I asked him to do a sketch of Priss for me on the back of my LaserDisc liner notes.  He was really intrigued by the fact I had brought a LaserDisc to be signed and wanted to look at it too.  I was sooooo close to getting a second sketch done, but I was told NO by the NDK Staff lady who was in charge since there was only about 10 minutes left.  She refused to let me have the time to get a second sketch (even though others had) because she wanted her own stuff signed. :(  He at least gave me an autograph and a quick sketch on the notes though.
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Hidenori Matsubara Autograph 3 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Anyway, at the dealer room I grabbed some small stuff, free Funimation posters (Fujiko, yeaaa):
IMGIMG

And a couple other things, a small Persona 4 figure, a program guide, and a stuffed Moogle for my daughter:
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Pickups 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

The last thing I grabbed, was completely outside the anime con, but I had managed to get everything organized in advance.  I talked with a guy on Craigslist and scored a Sony PVM-20M4U.  I met with him at a Starbucks near the con before leaving and loaded it up into my Corolla!  Then when I got home, I took some time to test it out in my garage.

IMGIMGIMG

I don't have anything that outputs RGB now, but I will be working on it soon.  In the meantime I used S-Video to test and make sure it worked.  What a waste to break it in with a SNES though!!   :P
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/17/2013, 07:44 AMditto that.  The Ninja Gaiden arcade game was total bad-ass.  hard as fock as well... which I guess served its purpose as quarter-guzzler well :)

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 09/17/2013, 12:37 AM

IMG
IMG

Congratz on the haul.
Yea, wow holy CRUX!!  Congrats on the find!  :)  I'd recommend California Games, Kung Food and Dracula.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2013, 11:29 AMSo this weekend I went to the local anime convention, Nan Desu Kan (NDK 2013), for one day and had a good time.  The main reason I went is because Hidenori Matsubara was going to be there, he's a big name animation director and character designer that worked on the Ah My Goddess series and Evangelion as well.  So, I got in the autograph line and asked him to sign a couple things for me:

First my Ah My Goddess Box Set
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Hidenori Matsubara Autograph 1 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Then he did a sketch of Asuka for me from Eva on the back of my liner notes book from the first volume of the Eva DVDs.
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Hidenori Matsubara Autograph 2 & Sketch by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Then I got back in line a second time hoping for a second sketch.  Little known fact is that he worked on the 8th episode of Bubblegum Crisis as well.  So I asked him to do a sketch of Priss for me on the back of my LaserDisc liner notes.  He was really intrigued by the fact I had brought a LaserDisc to be signed and wanted to look at it too.  I was sooooo close to getting a second sketch done, but I was told NO by the NDK Staff lady who was in charge since there was only about 10 minutes left.  She refused to let me have the time to get a second sketch (even though others had) because she wanted her own stuff signed. :(  He at least gave me an autograph and a quick sketch on the notes though.
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Hidenori Matsubara Autograph 3 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Anyway, at the dealer room I grabbed some small stuff, free Funimation posters (Fujiko, yeaaa):
IMGIMG

And a couple other things, a small Persona 4 figure, a program guide, and a stuffed Moogle for my daughter:
IMG
Nan Desu Kan NDK 2013 - Pickups 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

The last thing I grabbed, was completely outside the anime con, but I had managed to get everything organized in advance.  I talked with a guy on Craigslist and scored a Sony PVM-20M4U.  I met with him at a Starbucks near the con before leaving and loaded it up into my Corolla!  Then when I got home, I took some time to test it out in my garage.

IMGIMGIMG

I don't have anything that outputs RGB now, but I will be working on it soon.  In the meantime I used S-Video to test and make sure it worked.  What a waste to break it in with a SNES though!!   :P
Very nice xelementx.

My old high school had a ton of those Sony's.  I wonder what ever happened to them?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Nando

Nicely done Xele! Crappy thing about the lady not letting him do another sketch. BOOH ON HER!!!

Ninja Spirit

SuperPlay

Wow folks some great pickups there :-)

Mathius

That Sony PVM is identical to mine. My Saturn has never been happier since scoring it from Beamer this summer. :)

munchiaz

Man i need a PVM. Had a chance to get one at goodwill, but it didn't work :(

Anyway, its been a little slow for me these past few months. Heres my most recent gets

IMG

Nando

On the fence about killer is dead. Have you played it yet?

munchiaz

Quote from: Nando on 09/17/2013, 09:35 PMOn the fence about killer is dead. Have you played it yet?
ive beaten it twice so far. I really enjoyed it. Much better than Lollipop chainsaw. Not as good as No more heroes. The character design is only there for 2-3 characters in Killer is dead,while almost all the characters in no more heroes are awesome. The gigolo missions are pretty fun for awhile, and it is typical Suda 51 style. More serious story than is other games, and he breaks the 4th wall quite a bit.

Speaking of the story, it could have been much more if it wasn't so convoluted. But the gameplay is fun, and boss fights are pretty awesome. I say if you are a fan of past Suda games then you will enjoy Killer is Dead

Sparky

Ta daaaaaaaaaaaa...... Thank you Jibbajaba, fits great :)

IMG

Mathius

Hudson Bee has boxing gloves! Cooly :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2013, 10:13 PMTa daaaaaaaaaaaa...... Thank you Jibbajaba, fits great :)

IMG
What the fuck don't you have in your collection Sparky?  Nice fit on the tee.  Have you been working out?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Sparky

I do 10- 15 mins of abs every morning but when that is not enough taking a dozen shots sucking in you gut you eventually get the money shot :P......but it does fit good... to the trannys/ shemales out there like superdouchite control yourself! :P

TheClash603

The last time that shirt will not be covered in poutine gravy and ketchup chips...

looks good!

JapanTokei

lol, nice shirt indeed, but loving the comments being tossed around.  i miss these random jabbings!!

JapanTokei

damn that's a nice PVM!!  I still need to find a RGB monitor to play my Duo in RGB after all these years.

I know it's a stupid arse question -> but how do I connect a SCART-out modded PC Duo R to a PVM monitor like these?  Are there special connectors I can just buy off the shelve somewhere and plug in the SCART or vice versa??

Beamer/Deadlinte?  you both prob are the masters on this... pls share the wisdom :)

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2013, 11:29 AMIMG

Nando

Quote from: munchiaz on 09/17/2013, 09:43 PM
Quote from: Nando on 09/17/2013, 09:35 PMOn the fence about killer is dead. Have you played it yet?
ive beaten it twice so far. I really enjoyed it. Much better than Lollipop chainsaw. Not as good as No more heroes. The character design is only there for 2-3 characters in Killer is dead,while almost all the characters in no more heroes are awesome. The gigolo missions are pretty fun for awhile, and it is typical Suda 51 style. More serious story than is other games, and he breaks the 4th wall quite a bit.

Speaking of the story, it could have been much more if it wasn't so convoluted. But the gameplay is fun, and boss fights are pretty awesome. I say if you are a fan of past Suda games then you will enjoy Killer is Dead 
Awesome, will have to check it out then.

xcrement5x

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/18/2013, 10:29 AMdamn that's a nice PVM!!  I still need to find a RGB monitor to play my Duo in RGB after all these years.

I know it's a stupid arse question -> but how do I connect a SCART-out modded PC Duo R to a PVM monitor like these?  Are there special connectors I can just buy off the shelve somewhere and plug in the SCART or vice versa??

Beamer/Deadlinte?  you both prob are the masters on this... pls share the wisdom :)

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2013, 11:29 AMIMG

So, I believe those are called BNC connectors.  If I understand properly you can probably find a SCART cable with BNC leads and plug those in accordingly, then I just need to set the correct input and possibly fine tune  the monitor a bit for the colors.

I'm still a total noob on the PVM/RGB end of stuff as well, and still trying to figure out how I want to approach it all.  I could make custom cables for the output on specific consoles if I want, or I've heard other people using something like a scart switcher, then output from the switcher to the PVM with a single custom cable.   ](*,) ](*,)

Right now my big concern is finding a way to get it out of the garage and into the house and set up without my wife asking why I need another CRT in the house.   :?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 09/18/2013, 11:46 AMSo, I believe those are called BNC connectors.  If I understand properly you can probably find a SCART cable with BNC leads and plug those in accordingly, then I just need to set the correct input and possibly fine tune  the monitor a bit for the colors.

I'm still a total noob on the PVM/RGB end of stuff as well, and still trying to figure out how I want to approach it all.  I could make custom cables for the output on specific consoles if I want, or I've heard other people using something like a scart switcher, then output from the switcher to the PVM with a single custom cable.   ](*,) ](*,)

Right now my big concern is finding a way to get it out of the garage and into the house and set up without my wife asking why I need another CRT in the house.   :?
This should do ya nicely - I used to have one of these for my PVM-2030.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-RGB-SCART-to-4x-BNC-2x-RCA-cable-Sony-PVM-Monitor-Genesis-SNES-Neo-Geo-/200963650101?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2eca5df235

Beemer - if you're reading this, can you make more PVMs materialize out of thin air like you always seem to do?

Joe Redifer

I want a Hudson shirt! I have such a hard time finding non-Nintendo franchise shirts that aren't APERTURE LABS or some shit.

NecroPhile

I picked up Class of Heroes and The Legend of Heroes II - Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch for PSP.   :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/19/2013, 03:01 AMI want a Hudson shirt! I have such a hard time finding non-Nintendo franchise shirts that aren't APERTURE LABS or some shit.
Nintendo shirts are the Nickelback of videogame shirts

esteban

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/20/2013, 11:59 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/19/2013, 03:01 AMI want a Hudson shirt! I have such a hard time finding non-Nintendo franchise shirts that aren't APERTURE LABS or some shit.
Nintendo shirts are the Nickelback of videogame shirts
Hahhahahaahaha.

TRUTH.

BlueBMW

Havent been buying much at all lately, but I did pick one thing up.  I'm a super softy for special edition crap.  As much as I hated to give Failstop any of my money, I couldn't resist it.  Ordered it online and had it shipped so I didn't have to go in and talk to the goons that work there.

Wii U Deluxe limited zelda windwaker HD edition thingy.  It matches the Zelda 3DS so nicely... :D

Interesting fact... I weighed both the 3DS and the Wii U tablet thingy...  the 3DS was about 8 ounces, while the Wii U thingy was 17 ounces.  Basically twice as heavy.  I was really surprised at how light the tablet thingy was.

/Wiiu_zpsa4920be1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wildfruit

had an rgb splurge bought an rgb cable for my wii and tg16 cant wait for them to arrive.