10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

I am thinking about putting a Wii U Zelda addition on layaway. I love Wind Waker and am in the minority on its sailing mechanic. I love exploring the ocean! The HD addition looks fantastic!

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ToyMachine78

Today I picked up wizards n warriors, legacy of the wizard, karate champ, and bad dudes for NES, and street fighter 2 and D&D warriors of E Sun for Genny.

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 09/21/2013, 05:07 PMToday I picked up wizards n warriors, legacy of the wizard, karate champ, and bad dudes for NES, and street fighter 2 and D&D warriors of E Sun for Genny.
super street fighter 2?

ToyMachine78

Quote from: wildfruit on 09/21/2013, 05:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/21/2013, 05:07 PMToday I picked up wizards n warriors, legacy of the wizard, karate champ, and bad dudes for NES, and street fighter 2 and D&D warriors of E Sun for Genny.
super street fighter 2?
SF 2 Championship Edition

turbokon

Got this in the mail today.

IMG

Works great just need getting use to. Not quite as comfortable as regular pads, the battery compartment is in the way.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bartre

I bought a dead D&D tower of doom board; now to see if the battery leaked all over the board or not!

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Disney Infinity Starter Set (Wii U / Complete): $19.00

Good deals since it just came out last month! Always wanted to see how this game was, especially with the Wii U-specific game pad features.
IMG

PunkCryborg

New old stock Hori fighting stick
/81n4.jpg

First impression, stick is nice and hefty with a nice high quality feel. Buttons are very mushy/springy with a lot of travel. They will give you finger a work out after a while or if you play a shooter without auto fire. Also button I and II put your hand on the corner, would be cool to have them on a switch to remap them to the top left corner. Maybe I'll do a full review when I have time  :)

dingsbums

PCB first then title screen

/wcz2.jpg

And some games & hardware  8)

/paea.jpg

ToyMachine78

Today I got my Sega model 1 genesis and CD unit in mail along with a copy of Sega CD Eye of the beholder! Woot woot :-"

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2013, 10:12 PMToday I got my Sega model 1 genesis and CD unit in mail along with a copy of Sega CD Eye of the beholder! Woot woot :-"
This thread is all about the pics man!

ToyMachine78

Dude how do you attach pix to these?

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2013, 10:44 PMDude how do you attach pix to these?
upload your image to a hosting site, obtain the direct link and paste it into the html code thingie when you hit the insert image icon

bob

I bought groceries, a children's book (Pajama Time), and mesh lined wind pants.

LameKat

Big thanks to joshuaturbo! Only 1 disc away from a complete set on The Prisoner.
IMG

roflmao

I picked these up today off ebay:
IMG
I've been wanting Last Alert for awhile now just for the bad voice acting. The others are a nice bonus. :)

VenomMacbeth

IMG

Got all of this for $12. 

IMG

Ya snooze, ya lose, Arkhan!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

bob

NecroPhile

I got a copy of Motteke Tamago in the mail yesterday.  :dance:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2013, 09:44 AMI got a copy of Motteke Tamago in the mail yesterday.  :dance:
Pics, or it didn't happen.   :-"

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: LameKat on 09/23/2013, 11:45 PMBig thanks to joshuaturbo! Only 1 disc away from a complete set on The Prisoner.
IMG
Wahoo!!  i'm really glad they made it to your home in good shape!!

For me, I actually recieved a copy of COOK'S QUEST Sealed for only $5.99 shipped!!!

/2hb3.jpg

Can't wait to tear this one open one of these nights for some minesweeper... ehem, fun.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PunkCryborg

Cool joshe yeah I just got one recently too for about the same price brand new. Unsealing it is just half the fun, get ready to be blown away by the game itself.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: galam on 09/24/2013, 08:29 AMWhat's Doom Troopers?
It's an interesting run-&-gun with pre-rendered 3D sprites.  Super difficult though, and lots of gratuitous blood & guts. I forgot to mention that I was particularly happy with that one because it came with the manual, poster, and the trading card advertised on the box! :D
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

After watching a couple episodes of "Game Chasers" I decided to check out the local pawn shop and picked up all this for just under $35.00.  Not the greatest deals in the world, but I'm pretty happy with these!!
/7o99.jpg

Journey to Silius, Adv. of Batman & Robin Genesis, Plok,
/aeza.jpg

Laser Invasion w/Instructions (NES - and... I've never EVER heard of this before), Donkey Kong 3, Ace of Aces (7800), Cool Spot and Tinstar

:D  I got lots of new gaming to do this winter!  Woot!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bob

^^ GRRRRRRRRRR ^^
I have been looking for silius for a while now.  Nice pick ups.

Dont you have forumites to work on?

JapanTokei

come on Necro--- you showed off the de-virgining of Bazzy last year... so you can showoff the Motteke, right? 

;)

How's the Nexzr treating ya btw.. it's still my #1 fav shooter. 

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2013, 01:17 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 09/24/2013, 10:42 AMPics, or it didn't happen.   :-"
Sorry, I'm lazy.  :oops:

syphic

Back up Sega CDX for $100 from facebook group member. Contra, Macross & Metal Slug $10 Each@ local Swap Meet. Shinobi, Somer Assault & Klax were buy 2 get one free @ local game store.

10152007843341874.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10152007843341874
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

Digi.k

star trek original tv series season 1 and sleeping dogs

/P1020122.jpg

Mathius

Tatsujin

Quote from: syphic on 09/28/2013, 04:12 PMContra, Macross $10 Each@ local Swap Meet
Wow, that must be an awesome place, but also awesome dumb :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

geise

Got this earlier this week.  The PVM was a couple weeks ago.  Working and looking awesome!  Also have some Kyukyoku Sentai Dadandarn Japanese ROMS in the mail as well.

IMG

Tatsujin

fuck yeah, one of the best games ever!! :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: LameKat on 09/23/2013, 11:45 PMBig thanks to joshuaturbo! Only 1 disc away from a complete set on The Prisoner.
IMG
That's awesome. I remember getting the VHS tapes, ha! LD is much, much kooler. Please report if there are any interesting aspects of the LD release (the VHS tapes didn't have anything).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

majors

Thanks to Punky's ever watchful CL searches:
IMG
(not the game but the cab(came with a 1-slot MVS 1F with FF and AoF2)
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

xcrement5x

IMG
2013-09-24 Purchases

XE-1AP Analog/Digital Controller, complete in box with reg card and manual.  This was designed for X68K/MSX/FM Towns primarily, but will also work with select Mega Drive/Genesis games.  I specifically grabbed it so I can try it out with Space Harrier 32X.  I seriously thought about getting the Cyberstick based on a recommendation from SuperDeadite, but the shipping from Japan would have been just killer....

Super Mega Drive Fan Vol 1 CD.  Looks practically brand new, but it has a selection of interesting tracks on it.

Theme Park for the Mega-CD.  Imported this bad boy from the UK at a decent price.  Only a couple more I need from the UK to get the exclusives for that region.

Popful Mail Mega CD flyer from Japan.  More Popful Mail stuff!!!  I have an addiction to Popful Mail in general.

Also...
Read the ad then notice what's missing from the picture. 

IMG
Craigslist Pickup - Wii Failure

No sensor bar.     :-k

I brought it home and tested it out with my own sensor bar and it works like a charm.

Also manged to find some extra Wii remotes at the local thrift for $6 each, which worked fine.  Now I've got a nice unit to give to my parents!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: majors on 09/30/2013, 09:41 AMThanks to Punky's ever watchful CL searches:
IMG
(not the game but the cab(came with a 1-slot MVS 1F with FF and AoF2)
Needs this on the side
/1366419560740.png

Mathius

I think those XE-1 controllers were the first home controller to feature analogue controls. Pretty cool.

This historical fact was brought to you by, "Mathius knows his shit. Or doesn't."

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Mathius on 09/30/2013, 02:24 PMI think those XE-1 controllers were the first home controller to feature analogue controls. Pretty cool.

This historical fact was brought to you by, "Mathius knows his shit. Or doesn't."
No, the pad is the mini version of the Cyberstick, which came out a few years earlier.  The pad is decent, but the original stick is way better.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/30/2013, 07:04 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/30/2013, 02:24 PMI think those XE-1 controllers were the first home controller to feature analogue controls. Pretty cool.

No, the pad is the mini version of the Cyberstick, which came out a few years earlier.  The pad is decent, but the original stick is way better.
Hmm I wonder where it is that I heard the XE-1 was the first? I will try to retrace my steps.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 09/30/2013, 10:27 AMXE-1AP Analog/Digital Controller, complete in box with reg card and manual.  This was designed for X68K/MSX/FM Towns primarily, but will also work with select Mega Drive/Genesis games.  I specifically grabbed it so I can try it out with Space Harrier 32X.  I seriously thought about getting the Cyberstick based on a recommendation from SuperDeadite, but the shipping from Japan would have been just killer....
Jealous - my new copy of After Burner 3 for the Mega CD has it listed in the control options. Been trying to find one for a while but the eBay prices are nuts expensive.

ApolloBoy

I've gone nuts for SG-1000 games lately, I picked up these games on eBay for a bit over $70:

Hang-On II
Pitfall II
Drol
Dragon Wang
Championship Lode Runner
Choplifter
Doki Doki Penguin Land

Then yesterday I picked up Wonder Boy (also on the SG-1000) for $18, and just today I got these SG-1000 carts for $46 shipped:

N-Sub
Congo Bongo
Star Jacker
Safari Hunting
Monaco GP
IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Mathius on 09/30/2013, 09:08 PM

Hmm I wonder where it is that I heard the XE-1 was the first? I will try to retrace my steps.
A lot of websites list that, but that's because most people are ignorant of the full-size stick itself.  The stick was originally created by Micomsoft to go along with their port of Afterburner to the X68000.  Sharp liked the stick so much that they officialized it, hence there is a both a Sharp (green buttons) and Micomsoft (red buttons) version.  The pad came about a year later for a smaller more hand-held approach.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

jeffhlewis

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 10/01/2013, 01:01 AMI've gone nuts for SG-1000 games lately, I picked up these games on eBay for a bit over $70:

Hang-On II
Pitfall II
Drol
Dragon Wang
Championship Lode Runner
Choplifter
Doki Doki Penguin Land

Then yesterday I picked up Wonder Boy (also on the SG-1000) for $18, and just today I got these SG-1000 carts for $46 shipped:

N-Sub
Congo Bongo
Star Jacker
Safari Hunting
Monaco GP
boxed? loose?

My requirement that all games in my collection come with box/manual is making my SG-1000 collecting experience a nightmare, haha.

Mathius

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/01/2013, 09:28 AM

A lot of websites list that, but that's because most people are ignorant of the full-size stick itself.  The stick was originally created by Micomsoft to go along with their port of Afterburner to the X68000.  Sharp liked the stick so much that they officialized it, hence there is a both a Sharp (green buttons) and Micomsoft (red buttons) version.  The pad came about a year later for a smaller more hand-held approach.
Thanks for the info. :)

PunkCryborg

xcrement5x

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/01/2013, 09:28 AM

I wonder if the reason they say it is the "first" is because the 1AP has built in MegaDrive support, where you need the adapter for the Cyberstick.  I'm sure people can nitpick it all day, but it's a cool concept at least. 

Now I need that XHE-3 like you were talking about so I can get PCE support, but I'd be spending more on the adapter that I would have for the entire controller.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ApolloBoy

Pretty sure the first analog stick for a console was the Atari 5200 controller.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/01/2013, 02:38 PM/tl15.jpg
Have fun with that, man.  It's an awesome kit. :)  you gonna detail it at all or keep it as is?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!