The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Little bit of thrifting... $1 each.

/turbo/turok.jpg[/img]

PunkCryborg

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/02/2013, 01:07 PMHave fun with that, man.  It's an awesome kit. :)  you gonna detail it at all or keep it as is?
I intend to do a full paint job and detail all the panel lines. This will be the first kit I have done since I was a kid where I painted everything so hopefully it turns out nice :D I'm a little more precise and patient than I was when I was a kid. I've only done a couple mech kits recently and I only did minor detailing the panel lines and stuff so this will be fun.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/02/2013, 01:48 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/02/2013, 01:07 PMHave fun with that, man.  It's an awesome kit. :)  you gonna detail it at all or keep it as is?
I intend to do a full paint job and detail all the panel lines. This will be the first kit I have done since I was a kid where I painted everything so hopefully it turns out nice :D I'm a little more precise and patient than I was when I was a kid. I've only done a couple mech kits recently and I only did minor detailing the panel lines and stuff so this will be fun.
My only advice is to be very careful with the clear green canopy bit.  Mine broke during assembly, but thankfully it still stays in place regardless.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Nando

Quote from: galam on 10/02/2013, 01:21 PMLittle bit of thrifting... $1 each.

/turbo/turok.jpg
How's that Turok game?

bob

Quote from: Nando on 10/02/2013, 04:04 PMHow's that Turok game?
Don't know yet.  I'm not sure I'll get to it any time soon since I just bought this.

/turbo/wiiu.jpg[/img]

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 10/02/2013, 04:27 PM
Don't know yet.  I'm not sure I'll get to it any time soon since I just bought this.

/turbo/wiiu.jpg[/img]
Just put my Zelda WiiU on layaway. :)

xcrement5x

IMG
2013-10-02 Anime Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Green Green - Volumes 1, 2, & 3
Agent Aika
Pet Shop of Horrors
A.D. Police (Series Pack)
Trigun: Badlands Rumble
Appleseed Ex Machine 2 Disc Steelbook Edition

I also picked up a couple shoujo anime discs that I can probably sell to recoup the cost of everything else.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Ji-L87

Thumbs up for AIKa! Despite all the flack it gets (which it probably deserves by the way) It's really good for what it is, above average animation and nice attention to detail on vehicles and firearms - not to mention overall pleasant background and color work. And a surprisingly pleasant soundtrack with some really decent vocal tunes.  :mrgreen:

Now. Green Green on the other hand  :-k
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Nando

Quote from: galam on 10/02/2013, 04:27 PM

/turbo/wiiu.jpg
Excuse me while I drool

VenomMacbeth

/turok.jpg
I know you'll be glued to your WiiU for awhile, but if you get the chance, let me know how Gungriffon game is & if it holds up to the Saturn games. :)
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/03/2013, 02:30 PM
/turok.jpg
I know you'll be glued to your WiiU for awhile, but if you get the chance, let me know how Gungriffon game is & if it holds up to the Saturn games. :)
I was thinking the same thing :)

bob

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Just a loose of (Macross Scramble Valkyrie)i would have prefer a cib copy,but a loose is cheaper in price  :wink:
/MSV_zps23fc1ca9.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

one of the best SFC shewties and has a superb BGM :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/04/2013, 02:59 AMone of the best SFC shewties and has a superb BGM :)
Sure is but i'm finding out it's a hard shoot'em up !
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: TR0N on 10/04/2013, 03:42 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/04/2013, 02:59 AMone of the best SFC shewties and has a superb BGM :)
you really think so? I find only the last stage a bit hard. but memorizing will solve most of the problems.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 10/03/2013, 11:24 AMThumbs up for AIKa! Despite all the flack it gets (which it probably deserves by the way) It's really good for what it is, above average animation and nice attention to detail on vehicles and firearms - not to mention overall pleasant background and color work. And a surprisingly pleasant soundtrack with some really decent vocal tunes.  :mrgreen:

Heh, with anime at prices like this I normally figure I can probably watch it once and if I don't like it just sell it on the internet to make back my cost.  I'll probably watch Aika first though based on your recommendation. 

Though I've got quite an anime backlog because I couldn't help myself last night and swung by for a couple more DVDs and then hit GameStop:

IMG
2013-10-4 Misc Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Armitage III OVA
Armitage Dual-Matrix Movie

Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millenium Girl (3DS)
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (Wii)

Finding these Armitage DVDs brought nice nostalgia of all the old Pioneer stuff from back then.  Actually, the disc art for the Armitage OVA is kind of cool, it's designed to look like a PCB but all the little IC chips have funky text on them that look like in jokes.  One is emblazoned with Pioneer LDC (LaserDisc Company) and another is an AIC processor.  Dragon Blade was also like $3 so I figured it was worth a try, seems like it might be fun. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2013, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Ji-L87 on 10/03/2013, 11:24 AMThumbs up for AIKa! Despite all the flack it gets (which it probably deserves by the way) It's really good for what it is, above average animation and nice attention to detail on vehicles and firearms - not to mention overall pleasant background and color work. And a surprisingly pleasant soundtrack with some really decent vocal tunes.  :mrgreen:

Heh, with anime at prices like this I normally figure I can probably watch it once and if I don't like it just sell it on the internet to make back my cost.  I'll probably watch Aika first though based on your recommendation. 

Though I've got quite an anime backlog because I couldn't help myself last night and swung by for a couple more DVDs and then hit GameStop:

IMG
2013-10-4 Misc Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Armitage III OVA
Armitage Dual-Matrix Movie

Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millenium Girl (3DS)
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (Wii)

Finding these Armitage DVDs brought nice nostalgia of all the old Pioneer stuff from back then.  Actually, the disc art for the Armitage OVA is kind of cool, it's designed to look like a PCB but all the little IC chips have funky text on them that look like in jokes.  One is emblazoned with Pioneer LDC (LaserDisc Company) and another is an AIC processor.  Dragon Blade was also like $3 so I figured it was worth a try, seems like it might be fun. 
Armitage is awesome. It's been a long time since ive seen it. Dragon blade is actually not that bad of a game, once you get over some of its faults, its actually pretty fun

munchiaz

Heres my recent pick ups. The Ganon statue is really nice. Got it displayed by my Momohime (muramasa) Statue.  Thanks to JapanTokei for the Gekisha boy!!

IMG

IMG

IMG

PikachuWarrior

Let me know how Batman on Wii U is. Since I just got a Wii U, i'm trying to build up the library a bit, instead of getting it on the other consoles.
IMG

PunkCryborg

Nice Munchiaz I was eyeballing that Gekisha Boy. That game looks totally rad

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/04/2013, 05:46 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/04/2013, 03:42 AM
you really think so? I find only the last stage a bit hard. but memorizing will solve most of the problems.
I think ive gotten to use how macross plays on pce&saturn  :oops:
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 10/04/2013, 11:35 PMLet me know how Batman on Wii U is. Since I just got a Wii U, i'm trying to build up the library a bit, instead of getting it on the other consoles.
I haven't played it yet, but from what i hear the Wii U version is the best. It has all the DLC for free, and some other extra features. I hear there are slight frame rate issues, but they aren't bad

DragonmasterDan

Not today specifically, but recent pick-ups. IMG
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

I am the only person that didnt get that Wind Waker LE.

I am upset with myself, so now I am just gonna pass on the game in general.  Have the GC original, so at least this saves me $60.

sirhcman

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/06/2013, 08:46 AMI am the only person that didnt get that Wind Waker LE.

I am upset with myself, so now I am just gonna pass on the game in general.  Have the GC original, so at least this saves me $60.
I didn't get it either.. is it just a graphics 'upgrade'? If so I will probably pass as well

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2013, 11:50 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/06/2013, 08:46 AMI am the only person that didnt get that Wind Waker LE.

I didn't get it either.. is it just a graphics 'upgrade'? If so I will probably pass as well
upgrade to graphics, music. also made it so the tri force quest is only 3 pieces instead of 8,and there is a fast sail now. Much easier to sail the sea, and wind blows in every direction so you don't have to keep stopping and using the wind waker. Other changes include, motion (gyro) controls for certain items

JapanTokei

glad to see the Gekisha safely made it to ya !!  Enjoy !!

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/04/2013, 11:07 PMHeres my recent pick ups. The Ganon statue is really nice. Got it displayed by my Momohime (muramasa) Statue.  Thanks to JapanTokei for the Gekisha boy!!

IMG

IMG

IMG

JapanTokei

Is that a Dragon Knight anime movie? 

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/05/2013, 11:28 PMNot today specifically, but recent pick-ups. IMG

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2013, 11:50 AM

It's not just a hi-def upgrade. The graphics have been completely remastered. It's stunning!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/06/2013, 03:03 PMIs that a Dragon Knight anime movie? 

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/05/2013, 11:28 PMNot today specifically, but recent pick-ups. IMG
IIRC - that's the legit US PC port of Dragon Knight. They advertised it in PC Gamer back in the day. I played a copy in DosBox and it seems like a rushed port of a PC-98 version of the game.

DragonmasterDan

It's a US PC port of Dragon Knight III. That's the full retail box CD-ROM talkie version. There was a floppy only version as well.
--DragonmasterDan

Nando

I LOVE PLASTIC NIPPLE.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nando on 10/07/2013, 10:29 AMI LOVE PLASTIC NIPPLE.
LOL, and here I thought I was the only one who called it that.  Gotta love Satoshi Urushihara though.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 10/07/2013, 12:00 PM
Quote from: Nando on 10/07/2013, 10:29 AMI LOVE PLASTIC NIPPLE.
Gotta love Satoshi Urushihara though.
No doubt! he is in my top ten list of JP artists.  Shirow Masamune and Katusaya Terada holding my #1 spot for the tie. Terada edges him just by a tiny fraction though ;)

PikachuWarrior

Got my LE Zelda Wind Waker game in the mail today. Was boxed well enough, but there was a crush on the corner of the game box, which is fine by me, considering how rare it is.
IMG

xcrement5x

I got a lot of cool stuff this week already!

First some stuff I got from BlueBMW:
IMG
2013-10-07 Pickups - Dreamcast Lot by xcrement5x, on Flickr

IMG
2013-10-07 Pickups - Sega 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr
A Fully Recapped Pioneer LaserActive PAC S1 (Now I can play JP Mega CDs a lot easier!)
Sonic & Knuckles
Herzog Zwei
Might and Magic: Gates to Another World

Then something I got on ebay:
IMG
2013-10-07 Pickups - Sega CD Backup Ram Cart by xcrement5x, on Flickr
A fully boxed Sega CD Backup RAM Cart in the nicest condition I have ever seen.  Also comes with the original Funcoland receipt from 1995.  This is pretty much one of the last Sega CD related items I've been missing, and I waited a long time before finally picking this one up since I've been a stickler about condition.  I've had a loose cart since the late 90s though that I bought at Media Play.

Finally, new games I ordered:
IMG
2013-10-07 Pickups - Disgaea D2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr
Hot off the presses from NIS America: Disgaea D2.

Also came with a free Flonne Squad sticker :3

And of course:
IMG
2013-10-08 Zelda: Wind Waker HD for the Wii U by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I picked this up from Gamestop with free shipping.  Looks like the side with Zelda on it is bowed in a bit, but I can't complain too much since I actually got it at MSRP.

Mathius

Are the Wind Waker HD LEs still available, or were they very limited?

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

bob

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2013, 05:31 PMMight and Magic:
I have been waiting VERY patiently for a good condition copy of MM for genny.
How is the book in there?  That's the problem, every one I find is either missing the book or its horribly tattered.

JapanTokei

that is one nice find for the ram cart, boxed and complete like that!  I have a loose one myself and even those are hard to come by.  they're a must for games like Shining Force 2 (my fav).  anyway congrats on the awesome nab.... how much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2013, 05:31 PMI got a lot of cool stuff this week already!

Then something I got on ebay:
IMG
2013-10-07 Pickups - Sega CD Backup Ram Cart by xcrement5x, on Flickr
A fully boxed Sega CD Backup RAM Cart in the nicest condition I have ever seen.  Also comes with the original Funcoland receipt from 1995.  This is pretty much one of the last Sega CD related items I've been missing, and I waited a long time before finally picking this one up since I've been a stickler about condition.  I've had a loose cart since the late 90s though that I bought at Media Play.

bob

VenomMacbeth

THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

EvilEvoIX

This pick up is easily the best pickup I ever had besides my Neo Geo 4-slot cab in terms of price and the amount of games.

I was searching Craigslist for games and came across an add that simply stated Video Games.  I clicked on it and saw this for sale for only $40.

IMG

The guy was local and said that he was getting rid of all his stuff and had some Game Gears too, I no longer had a game gear so he said he'd sell me one for $40 with 24 games so I said sold.

We meet in a parking lot and the guy has a whole truck filled with games and said just take it all for $200.  How could I resist!  It took me a couple of hours just to sort through everything, what a find.

When I got home this was what I dragged into my hall way.

IMG

After digging through everything and sorting it this is what I bought for $200.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

I gotta say I am quite happy with this and really can't keep it all.  I now have 4 Saturns and about 6 Genesis units.  If anyone needs some stuff I am more than happy to trade if you need something.  Maybe raffle off some stuff too.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

roflmao

Tatsujin

I sure would have kept my 200 bucks..hehe.

but it may give you some cash back on the bay.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/09/2013, 11:53 PMI sure would have kept my 200 bucks..hehe.

but it may give you some cash back on the bay.
Im not really in it to make money, really just grow my collection.  I never played Shenmue, I loved my Game Gear back in the day, and I can trade my Gennys for new stuff.  So much extra stuff if it comes down to it I can sell it.  The two N64's alone make up most of my cost if I should choose to sell.  The controllers go for stupid money now, God knows why.  Same with Master system stuff, crazy expensive IMHO.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

turboswimbz

Cool Pick up Evo.  I might be interested in a bit of the genny stuff if you don't get rid of it right away.  I've had some luck with some local people like this.  I wonder from time to time if some of it's stolen though with some of these guys.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

JoshTurboTrollX

Excellent score man!  I've had dreams about meeting "The guy in the parking lot" that just wants $100-$200 for a GIANT library of consoles and games like that!  Congrats!

I'm currently in the market for a Genesis Model 1 if you want to work something out.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!