10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2013, 08:24 AMhahaha.. so your favorite output is composhite too? :P
I don't have any RGB modded systems.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/01/2013, 07:45 AMMy favorite feature of the 32X wasn't mentioned. Running games on it makes the composite video from the Genesis look better on most Genesis models.
I am glad you mentioned this. While watching the episode the other night I wondered if the output improved.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2013, 08:45 AMI am glad you mentioned this. While watching the episode the other night I wondered if the output improved.
I can't comment on all Genesis models. I only have one 32X setup, and it's a Genesis 1, Sega CD 1, 32X tower of power combo, but the video coming out of it is quite a bit better from the 32X than the Genesis 1. I've not tried the 32X on the Genesis 2, X'eye, or CDX though I know it's possible with those. I also have Genesis 3 and the LaserActive Genesis module but there's no easy way to hook it up with stock hardware there.
--DragonmasterDan

Tatsujin

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/01/2013, 08:27 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2013, 08:24 AMhahaha.. so your favorite output is composhite too? :P
But,.. the MD/Genny is RGB ex works :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2013, 09:14 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/01/2013, 08:27 AM
But,.. the MD/Genny is RGB ex works :)
It's more challenging to get a RBG setup here in the states, Tats. Adapters, special monitors, EU Scart cables. It's a mess.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/29/2013, 03:24 PM
Quote from: sirhcmanHopefully Joe sees this... Will there ever be a 'behind the scenes' or 'making of' gamesack episode? Would love to follow the journey in creating a full episode!
I'd like to... maybe. The thing that holds me back is that I've read comments from other people stating that they just couldn't get into AVGN any more after watching his making-of episode because it somehow "destroyed the illusion". But still it might be fun to do.
I could see where that would be true with AVGN because he is "in character". I don't think it would be the same with game sack.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/01/2013, 06:42 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/29/2013, 03:24 PM
Quote from: sirhcmanHopefully Joe sees this... Will there ever be a 'behind the scenes' or 'making of' gamesack episode? Would love to follow the journey in creating a full episode!
I'd like to... maybe. The thing that holds me back is that I've read comments from other people stating that they just couldn't get into AVGN any more after watching his making-of episode because it somehow "destroyed the illusion". But still it might be fun to do.
I could see where that would be true with AVGN because he is "in character". I don't think it would be the same with game sack.
There have been some moments that were "behind the scenes" ...was it the Sega-CD episode if GameSack that showed the green screen...and the episode of the "collections" that showed the homes/office/studio/video capturing&editing...OMG, I FEEL LIKE A STALKER.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

So when are we going to see a episode comparing the different ports of Bubble Bobble? I just got the Master System version and it rocks and rolls all day long. :)

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/06/2013, 06:30 PMSo when are we going to see a episode comparing the different ports of Bubble Bobble? I just got the Master System version and it rocks and rolls all day long. :)
Bubble Bobble, better than masturbation—William Shakespeare

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/06/2013, 06:30 PMSo when are we going to see a episode comparing the different ports of Bubble Bobble? I just got the Master System version and it rocks and rolls all day long. :)
I'm still waiting for the CDi episode

Joe Redifer

Send us all CDi models and all of the games and you'll get one. We won't want to keep them trust us.  :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/06/2013, 09:41 PMWe won't want to keep them trust us.  :)
hahaha..best insurance one can just have.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/06/2013, 09:23 PM
I'm still waiting for the CDi episode
Hulk Smash!

EvilEvoIX

What is a good game on the CD-I?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

BlueBMW

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/07/2013, 09:00 PMWhat is a good game on the CD-I?
Tetris... not so much for the gameplay but for the music!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bloufo

-The Apprentice.
-Mutant Rampage: Bodyslam.
-Christmas Country.

NecroPhile

Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, and Ms Pacman, Galaga, Galaxian on the compilation disc thing.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2013, 09:35 AM
Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, and Ms Pacman, Galaga, Galaxian on the compilation disc thing.
Micro Machines
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2013, 09:35 AMDragon's Lair, Space Ace, and Ms Pacman, Galaga, Galaxian on the compilation disc thing.
Lemmings (a port on many other systems isn't bad), the light gun games aren't bad. Burn Cycle is certainly playable.
--DragonmasterDan

PunkCryborg

If my cdi 450 didnt just take  a dump a little while back id totally send it out.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/08/2013, 09:47 AMIf my cdi 450 didnt just take  a dump a little while back id totally send it out.
Perhaps you might want to send it to Chop to look at?
--DragonmasterDan

BigusSchmuck

A more prudent question would be, what is a good exclusive for the CDI other than the horrid Zelda and Mario games?

PunkCryborg

they are all shit. seriously.

Mathius

I remember playing Burn Cycle in a Software Etc. bitd. It seemed pretty cool.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BigusSchmuck

Awesome! I'm glad we finally saw a proper review of Ghost House.

Mathius

Will watch this tomorrow night where I can appreciate it more. I don't need the thought of work in the morning dragging me out of the zone. Mondays evenings are my "Friday nights". Looking forward to the episode. :)

majors

Quote from: Mathius on 10/13/2013, 07:33 PMMondays evenings are my "Friday nights". Looking forward to the episode. :)
I'm with you. Monday after work is grilling and podcast followed by a few(okay, way too many) beers and movies/shows (including 'da sack) with friends. Walking Dead tonight, bitches!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

EvilEvoIX

Another quality Video.  Between you guys, Kimbal Justice, and Spider 1 there is a serious level of talent just on this site.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Mathius

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/14/2013, 02:47 PMAnother quality Video.  Between you guys, Kimbal Justice, and Spider 1 there is a serious level of talent just on this site.
Kimbal is on this site?

EvilEvoIX

I think he is?  Maybe I'm remembering a link of his on here?  Either way watch his vids he is my Favorite.
IMGIMGIMG

Mathius

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/14/2013, 04:30 PMI think he is?  Maybe I'm remembering a link of his on here?  Either way watch his vids he is my Favorite.
Mine too. They are excellent!

Mathius

I LOL'd at Dave running from his car in terror.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 10/14/2013, 11:10 PMI LOL'd at Dave running from his car in terror.
I only watched it once, but am I crazy or did Dave do everything backwards? Two screaming babies were interrupting my viewing, plus Quaaludes in my coffee, but...

Am I crazy?

Joe, I love that you filmed on location (at least, it looked authentic). MOAR ON-LOCATION SHOTS, even if it's only for intro/outro.

Gorgeous pine forest, or whatever.  :pcgs:

esadajr

I liked the last episode. The bigger and more complex to wire the better. Long live the 32x
Gaming since 1985

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 10/16/2013, 02:39 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/14/2013, 11:10 PMI LOL'd at Dave running from his car in terror.
I only watched it once, but am I crazy or did Dave do everything backwards? Two screaming babies were interrupting my viewing, plus Quaaludes in my coffee, but...

Am I crazy?

Joe, I love that you filmed on location (at least, it looked authentic). MOAR ON-LOCATION SHOTS, even if it's only for intro/outro.

Gorgeous pine forest, or whatever.  :pcgs:
The scenes with Dave were definitely played backwards. I liked it.

Tatsujin

yeah, you could see it very well when he picked up the woods which kinda jumped into his hands..hahaha.

I was wondering why they did it that way, sure if not just for some shits and giggles?!

Joe Redifer

Because Dave is dreaming. The shots when he's waking up/is awake were shot in the normal direction.

Tatsujin

ah okey..so everything in his dream was shot backwards? even the driving sequence?

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/16/2013, 09:57 PMBecause Dave is dreaming. The shots when he's waking up/is awake were shot in the normal direction.
I love that you guys did that. It's not easy to get it right (natural), but you certainly did. Ha!

Xak

I just recently found out about gamesack in around may. I had a horrible accident and was bed ridden for about two weeks or so. Anyways I love it alot more than AVGN because GameSack EDUCATES you on GOOD games as well as entertains you. AVGN seems to be all entertainment now and its not even funny. That style of humor is sick to me and not funny at all.

Keep it up Game Sack!!! BTW who is Joes partner in crime?  that guy looks like my best friend Eli.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Joe Redifer

That's Eli I mean Dave.

Psycho Punch

AVGN is a pure humor show with some videogame backgrounds. I mean, some games that he "reviews" aren't even as shit as he makes them look (like the review for Die Hard, which is actually a great action adventure game and a good adaptation of the movie), he even said that he actually like some games he reviews, actually.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2013, 08:20 PMhe even said that he actually like some games he reviews, actually.
I sure hope for him that he really likes dracula X on the PCE, else.. IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/21/2013, 08:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/21/2013, 08:20 PMhe even said that he actually like some games he reviews, actually.
I sure hope for him that he really likes dracula X on the PCE, else.. IMG
I take it you never watched the avgn look at the cv series  :-" :roll:
Castlevania - Angry Video Game Nerd
IMG

Joe Redifer

We'll be talking about Dracula X again real soon. Best classic Castlevania ever!

SuperPlay

Quote from: TR0N on 10/13/2013, 02:30 AMGame Sack - Gaming on Halloween 3
I am saving this episode until October 31st to get the full effect. I just hope that it is not going to be to scary for me ;-)

TR0N

Game Sack - Remakes
I was surprised that joe like the flashback remake,when most sites have given it a low score.
IMG

Tatsujin

oh that will be a fest tonite :D

Xak

Cool! Watching now
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic