The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2013, 07:44 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2013, 03:39 PMI got a sega saturn you guys!

IMG
:lol:

IMG

Seriously though, I needed a new ride & hopefully this will do nicely.  Just gotta get a hang of driving a manual...
Great cars man, I have over 400,000 on my manual sc2 2003 coupe Saturn and it is going strong. I love the sticker why did I not think of that hahaha.
I really wanted an SC 3-door coupe, or at least an SL1 (for the twin cam engine) but this was the first car I found that didn't completely suck.  It needs brake work, an alignment, new tires, possibly suspension maintainance, and a new ignition switch, but it's getting me from A to B pretty efficiently right now.  The fuel economy is insane.

Is it bad that I wanted a Saturn partially so I could put a sega sticker on it? :lol:

Also, anyone know where I can score some obey bumper stickers?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 10/26/2013, 07:38 PMLevel-5 and Square all-stars! I haven't played either DQ VIII or Dark Cloud yet. The Level-5 games were good deals off eBay and local game store respectively. Chrono Trigger was a gift/donation. A reunion of sorts. Thanks goes to a good friend of mine. You know who you are.  :wink:

/IMG_20131026_193027_zps17375ba5.jpg
Dragon Quest VIII is stellar!
--DragonmasterDan

bob

I have had dragon quest XIII sitting around for over a year and never fired it up. I should.

Sparky

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/26/2013, 08:10 PMI really wanted an SC 3-door coupe, or at least an SL1 (for the twin cam engine) but this was the first car I found that didn't completely suck.  It needs brake work, an alignment, new tires, possibly suspension maintainance, and a new ignition switch, but it's getting me from A to B pretty efficiently right now.  The fuel economy is insane.

Is it bad that I wanted a Saturn partially so I could put a sega sticker on it? :lol:

I always make this mistake as I had an 1993 sc2 coupe as my first Saturn ( got 420,000 out of that ) now I have the sc1 twin cam and she is a peppy fuel efficient car.

bob

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2013, 08:56 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/26/2013, 08:10 PMI really wanted an SC 3-door coupe, or at least an SL1 (for the twin cam engine) but this was the first car I found that didn't completely suck.  It needs brake work, an alignment, new tires, possibly suspension maintainance, and a new ignition switch, but it's getting me from A to B pretty efficiently right now.  The fuel economy is insane.

I always make this mistake as I had an 1993 sc2 coupe as my first Saturn ( got 420,000 out of that ) now I have the sc1 twin cam and she is a peppy fuel efficient car.
You sold it for $420K?  Gouger.

Sparky

Quote from: galam on 10/26/2013, 09:51 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/26/2013, 08:56 PM

You sold it for $420K?  Gouger.
F@ck I am such a douchbag!

SuperPlay

Whooooops I seem to have purchased another stack of Amiga magazines ;-)

/sqtw.jpg
/lvpy.jpg
/dtv0.jpg

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

bob

picked this up at a local live auction today for pretty cheap.

dotsandloops .com/turbo/vs1.jpg
/vs2.jpg

PunkCryborg

Bernie sent me some spine cards! Thanks again dude!!! Scratched a couple more off my list and the others are games I've been wanting to get  :D

/tuc3.jpg

Opethian

damn that strider spine is so faded you cant even read ARCADE on the top lol
IMG

NecroPhile

The results of Godzilla UV, ope.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG
I got my tokei package today! plus a SAL shipment from a month ago lol
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Opethian on 10/29/2013, 05:35 PMI got my tokei package today! plus a SAL shipment from a month ago lol
Ooh MSX Aleste...how much did that set you back?

NecroPhile

Zeroigar and Cwazy Hospital....  Ope must've hit the lottery!  :mrgreen:

Opethian

this Aleste was cheap since it didn't include the papercraft  ~¥10000
IMG

Mathius

From what I've heard Aleste on the MSX has some pretty cool tunes.

FiftyQuid

Mind me asking what you paid for Zeroigar?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

whisper2053

New cases for some of the Saturn and DC lot:

/1ow6.jpg

As well, my first PS1 shooty came in!

/1myh.jpg

Lastly, some super MVS gets :D

/aenb.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

Opethian

since there was no spine (blasphemy I know) it was ¥12000
IMG

xcrement5x

IMG
2013-10-30 Cannon Spike by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Sold off some dupes and used the majority of the cash to pick this guy up for about $10 out of pocket! Super minty condition, and it's finally added to my collection!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bartre

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2013, 11:36 AMSold off some dupes and used the majority of the cash to pick this guy up for about $10 out of pocket! Super minty condition, and it's finally added to my collection!
fantastic game, one of my favorite DC games.

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2013, 11:36 AMIMG
2013-10-30 Cannon Spike

Sold off some dupes and used the majority of the cash to pick this guy up for about $10 out of pocket! Super minty condition, and it's finally added to my collection!
Never heard of that game...looks cool from the cover art and it is a Capcom game so I'll have to look into it.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

jeffhlewis

Cannon Spike is good shit. Kind of Smash-TV-ish in a way. Plus it has the red riding hood girl from Darkstalkers in it on a scooter.

xcrement5x

Quote from: bartre on 10/31/2013, 02:03 PMfantastic game, one of my favorite DC games.
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/31/2013, 05:52 PMCannon Spike is good shit. Kind of Smash-TV-ish in a way. Plus it has the red riding hood girl from Darkstalkers in it on a scooter.
Yes!   I played this game on a CDR a ton back in college in had been putting off getting it for awhile because it never got cheap like a lot of DC games.  I've been fleshing out a lot of my DC collection recently so I knew I should stop putting off grabbing it. :D

I guess I'll throw this one up as well, it's a homebrew from a fellow on Nintendo Age.

IMG
2013-10-31 Fix it Felix Jr. Sega Genesis by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I gave it a play last night and it's pretty fun!  It seems like they did a pretty good translation of what the game appeared to be like in Wreck It Ralph.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

whisper2053

/txx2.jpg

Couple of fun new additions for the weekend.
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PCEngineHell

Quote from: whisper2053 on 10/31/2013, 05:11 AMAs well, my first PS1 shooty came in!

/1myh.jpg
Philosoma is a great shooter for PS1. A lot of people tended to crap on it as years went by, but man for its time I thought it did a lot of stuff right.

NZXT Gamma Classic ATX case

Wanted to put my XP build in something a little more modern. Was using a Chieftec Dragon case, which now houses my 3DFX build. Parts that went into the Gamma Classic:
BFG 650 watt psu
Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2
Athlon X2 5200+ (2.7 GHz, 65W, rev. G2) cooled via copper block heatsink/4800 rpm fan combo
2gb DDR2 667mhz in dual channel
BFG GeForce GTX 260 MAXCORE
Ageia Physx pci card
dvd drive
80gb and 160gb hd

Stuff this build will run: MOH: Airborne, Brothers in Arms series, Bionic Commando/Rearmed, NFS Carbon, Dawn of War, Mirrors Edge, Serious Sam 2, Bet on Soldier, Rush for Berlin etc.

/81154085-bca0-4d70-975c-a4f51369a71c_zps9f71e11d.jpg

Mathius

Philosoma is underrated definitely. I had it at launch of the PS1 and never quit loving it. Too bad it didn't get a sequel as the ending hinted at one.

Sparky

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2013, 11:36 AMIMG
2013-10-30 Cannon Spike by xcrement5x, on Flickr

F@ck I want.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2013, 10:56 AM
Quote from: bartre on 10/31/2013, 02:03 PMfantastic game, one of my favorite DC games.
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/31/2013, 05:52 PMCannon Spike is good shit. Kind of Smash-TV-ish in a way. Plus it has the red riding hood girl from Darkstalkers in it on a scooter.
Yes!   I played this game on a CDR a ton back in college in had been putting off getting it for awhile because it never got cheap like a lot of DC games.  I've been fleshing out a lot of my DC collection recently so I knew I should stop putting off grabbing it. :D
Bought it new on clearance for $19.99 heh. During that same time frame when I could have bought Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun for like 20 bucks each and was like "nahhhh"

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2013, 10:56 AMI guess I'll throw this one up as well, it's a homebrew from a fellow on Nintendo Age.

IMG
2013-10-31 Fix it Felix Jr. Sega Genesis

I gave it a play last night and it's pretty fun!  It seems like they did a pretty good translation of what the game appeared to be like in Wreck It Ralph.
I thought that looked kind of cool.  I've yet to find a copy, though...

But I did get this stuff.

IMG

I've got to say, Quake takes the center stage here.  Probably the best early FPS I've played on a console, surpassing even Duke Nukem 3D IMO.  Very dark and moody, too.

It's a shame...this copy of Sega Rally Championship won't load past the Forest level.  I'll probably try to find a cheap loosie to replace it.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Mathius

I really enjoy Quake on the Saturn. It kind of makes me motion sick at times though.

Ninja Spirit

IMG

Tatsujin

I've always thought that philosoma looked and played like ass, especially when it came out.

But that might be also due to my neverending love for hand drawn 2D stuff during all the bit ages, and that i was enjoying my PCE still a 10x times more than anything on the PS1 that came out at that time. especially crappy new-style render shooters.

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/03/2013, 10:04 PMI've always thought that philosoma looked and played like ass, especially when it came out.

But that might be also due to my neverending love for hand drawn 2D stuff during all the bit ages, and that i was enjoying my PCE still a 10x times more than anything on the PS1 that came out at that time. especially crappy new-style render shooters.

While it will never hold a candle to the majority of lovely 2D goodness of the 8 and 16-Bit era, Philosoma has its charms. I gave my original copy to a friend long ago when he first upgraded to the PS1, but was able to score a minty copy here locally on the cheap a few years ago. The reunion was sweet. :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 11/03/2013, 10:19 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/03/2013, 10:04 PMI've always thought that philosoma looked and played like ass, especially when it came out.

While it will never hold a candle to the majority of lovely 2D goodness of the 8 and 16-Bit era, Philosoma has its charms. I gave my original copy to a friend long ago when he first upgraded to the PS1, but was able to score a minty copy here locally on the cheap a few years ago. The reunion was sweet. :)
I see you're point there. I think I got the most bored out by the infinite repetitive back grounds, that resembled much more to a vanguard on the 2600 than anything good from the 16 bit era. the FMV stuff was legendary tho, but that was never the real stuff that could impress me much :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

hoobs88

IMG

Mountain Dew Game Fuel (Purple edition)
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Thanks to Dan, I now have a copy of Legend of Heroes III - Song of the Ocean, completing my set of four.  He also sent me a copy of Knights of Xentar, so I'm looking forward to boobehs in english.  :mrgreen:

PikachuWarrior

Got Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition in the mail today from NIS-America. Glad they are using better quality boxes (like a shoe box; lid and bottom half) instead of the thin cardboard.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 11/04/2013, 05:55 PMGot Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition in the mail today from NIS-America. Glad they are using better quality boxes (like a shoe box; lid and bottom half) instead of the thin cardboard.
I also got this and originally wasn't going to post a pic, but since you didn't I felt obligated to.  It's a really nice package, thank you NISA!

IMG
Guided Fate Paradox NIS America Store Limited Edition by xcrement5x, on Flickr

xcrement5x

I had bought all this over the course of a couple months from Japan and it finally came in yesterday.  Yay!

IMG
2013-11-06 Japan Pickups - Ar Tonelico Hymmnos Soundtracks by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Hymmnos Soundtracks for Ar Tonelico I, II, and III.  Both red and blue sides, and all are complete with obi.
I love the AT Sountracks so I grabbed these when I found a good deal on the whole set.

IMG
2013-11-06 Japan Pickups - Figures by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Rise Kujikawa Figure (Persona 4)
Yukiko Amagi Beach Queen Figure (Persona 4)
"Oh My Goddess" Skuld Figure, Terzetto ver.  I've been grabbing these from a shop occasionally whenever I get something, and after about six months this 3rd one was the last one I needed for the set!

IMG
2013-11-06 Japan Pickups - Mega CDs by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Sega Mega CDs
Fatal Fury Special (Garō Densetsu Special)
Black Hole Assault Limited Gold Pack
-Comes with the game, plus a Micronet Music Collection CD
I also picked up Fastest One for the Mega Drive but forgot to stick it in the photo. 

AND NOW THE REAL GOODIES!

IMG
2013-11-06 Japan Pickups - Virtual Cameraman 1 and 2 LaserActive by xcrement5x, on Flickr

IMG
2013-11-06 Japan Pickups - Dr. Paolo and Zapping Satsui LaserActive by xcrement5x, on Flickr

IMG
2013-11-06 Japan Pickups - Road Blaster (Prosecutor) LaserActive by xcrement5x, on Flickr

The LaserActive games were the majority of the cost here, but the prices were all very good compared to what they normally go for on ebay and other places.  I am especially happy about finally getting a copy of Road Blaster, since the last US copy that was up on ebay ended at around $500 and I paid nowhere near that for my JP copy. 

I haven't had time to test through or play anything yet, hopefully I will get some time this weekend, Zappingu is even brand new and sealed!

I actually just realized these are all Mega-LDs too, no NEC love.  Maybe next time ;)

Opethian

damn I need road blaster and zapping someday!
nice hauly!
IMG

VenomMacbeth

No picture, but I got a set of Atari 2600 paddles courtesy of Galam.  I am now discovering that Tac-Scan is probably the best 2600 game I've yet played.  :dance:
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 11/07/2013, 01:02 PMdamn I need road blaster and zapping someday!
nice hauly!
Rob showed me this running on a SNES everdrive card. I was really impressed with the quality of it.

Opethian

yea because its a 512Mb ROM
the real SFC port is pretty crappy looking
IMG

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 11/07/2013, 04:57 PMyea because its a 512Mb ROM
the real SFC port is pretty crappy looking
oh no doubt, can you imagine how much a cart with that much space would have cost BITD?

I was just impressed that the SNES was churning out a fairly smooth and speedy gameplay and great sound.

Opethian

yea Im sure he showed you the gangnam style video lol I think that one was 4gb
IMG

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 11/07/2013, 05:36 PMyea Im sure he showed you the gangnam style video lol I think that one was 4gb
HAHAH HE DID!! that was surreal!

You need to come down for the next Retropalooza ;)

jeffhlewis

Couple pickups in the past 2 weeks:

1.) Ninja Gaiden, CIB for the Sega Master System. Got a shockingly good price for this one - thank you eBay alerts

2.) The rare-ish re-release version of Phantasy Star, CIB (if your version has the battery backup memory text in green in the top right, yours is too; the original release didn't have it).

That leaves me with just the blue cart version of Rambo to have the full NTSC set + the variants, which I whiffed on once a year ago at auction and haven't seen it since...

3.) Longbox NFL Gameday for the PS1 for a buck at Goodwill, also CIB. God, this game is awful but I couldn't resist.

IMG