The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nando

Quote from: turboswimbz on 12/12/2013, 02:30 PM
Quote from: galam on 12/12/2013, 02:27 PMThere is another good one for Altered Beast.
Put the game in, don't turn on the console, then take it out.

When you do this, you won't waste any real life time.
And it will take care of any loose dust too so, that is a bonus.
BWAHAHAHAHAH

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

PS1---
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy VII
Rampage World Tour
Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi
Final Fantasy Tactics
Diablo
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Deathtrap Dungeon

PS2---
Mojo!
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Gamecube---
Timesplitters 2

Wii---
Ultimate Board Game Collection

All for about $15! All of the PS1 games were in mint condition as if the person never played them!

/d571.jpg
IMG

majors

Auction pickup(s)
IMG
A NOS Metal Slug conversion kit. Complete with (unopened)MVS 1-slot, complete cart, marquee, sticks and buttons. I only wanted the MVS since I'm down two ATM. Gonna sell off the MSX since having matching serials and all the goodies should get some n-g member a woody. Buttons and sticks are a bonus, saves me 20 bucks the next time I need to order replacements..

IMG
Zombie Raid! Now I do not have to go to Galloping Ghosts to play this cool gun game. I didn't actually purchase it, but it is in my house(9/10th right!?). I'm to delivery it to Lost Ark in January after MAGFest but until then, credit feed this bitch to no end.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

VenomMacbeth

Lost Ark?  You talking about in Greensboro?  (Have we had this conversation before?)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

SuperDeadite

Zombie Raid? Wow that brings me back.  Fun game with cool graphics, but is incredibly cheap and unfair.  Very much a game to put on freeplay and do shots with.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

EvilEvoIX

Monkey Island is a GREAT series, it continues to this day thanks to Tale Tell.  Metal slug kit is awesome.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

jeffhlewis

Latest batch from all over the place. All completes.

IMG

Samurai Shodown Sen was an Amazon black friday deal for like $7. Killer is Dead was on clearance at GameStop, brand new sealed for $10 (!). Adding it to my stack of Suda games that I've yet to complete, heh.

Also just got a box o' cases and manuals from Majors. Might be auctioning raffling off some DS goodies once I can acquire the missing cards.

EDIT: I mean RAFFLING, not auctioning. Don't want the eBay mafia to come after me.

Opethian

IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Opethian on 12/17/2013, 09:09 AMnice VolfieV
You guys arguing incessantly about the name got me interested, heh.

majors

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/16/2013, 04:45 PMLost Ark?  You talking about in Greensboro?  (Have we had this conversation before?)
No, LA had Beast Busters 2...Raid will be dropped off Jan. 6th.

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/16/2013, 07:42 PMVery much a game to put on freeplay and do shots with.
No free play as I found out but a quick wire to service and p1 start fixes that. I ran through it to test and you are correct, it is very cheap/unfair(i.e. quarter muncher). You must find three hidden items to get the "good" ending.
TG/PCE Collection.

munchiaz

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 12/17/2013, 12:25 AMLatest batch from all over the place. All completes.

IMG

Samurai Shodown Sen was an Amazon black friday deal for like $7. Killer is Dead was on clearance at GameStop, brand new sealed for $10 (!). Adding it to my stack of Suda games that I've yet to complete, heh.

Also just got a box o' cases and manuals from Majors. Might be auctioning raffling off some DS goodies once I can acquire the missing cards.

EDIT: I mean RAFFLING, not auctioning. Don't want the eBay mafia to come after me.
I really enjoyed Killer is dead. Hope you get around to playing it

bob

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 12/17/2013, 10:27 AM
Quote from: Opethian on 12/17/2013, 09:09 AMnice VolfieV
You guys arguing incessantly about the name got me interested, heh.
It actually translates to 5olfie5

bob

for some strange reason, I have had a recent affinity for advertising displays.

Found this Lego box and thought it was neat.  Good size at 23" x 21" inches.
Now what to do with it??

/turbo/lego.jpg[/img]

Opethian

carry home your haul from the local Costco or Sams club with it right?
IMG

bob

Quote from: Opethian on 12/18/2013, 09:30 AMcarry home your haul from the local Costco or Sams club with it right?
You are correct sir!...BJ's
Every once in a while, they have a neat one in the pile.

I actually took other boxes to carry stuff so this one didn't get ruined.   :lol:

bob

more junk from thrift.
but the genny stick may be fun.

/turbo/term1.jpg
/turbo/term2.jpg

Opethian

I got snake eater and sons of liberty on PS2 and I cant even give them away lol merry xmas to anyone who wants them
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: galam on 12/12/2013, 02:27 PMThere is another good one for Altered Beast.

What a sweet code!  I'm definitely going to try this next time I get around to playing a Genesis game.

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 12/18/2013, 08:19 PM

What a sweet code!  I'm definitely going to try this next time I get around to playing a Genesis game.
Or listen to the soundtrack while doing something else. Same thing as playing the game. :P

MrFlutterPie

/fkleizN.jpg

I think this has to be the most diverse mix of game styles and genres I have ever picked up in one lot lol.

Tatsujin

i bought a Mr. Potato Head toy for my lil. he just loves that character so much with all its accessory..lol
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

finally :bonler:

/555096_10201746469597332_1524004301_n.jpg

now get us le rest feka!!! :mrgreen:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

majors

Did some game store hunting in Charlotte area:

/IMG_20131220_194955-1.jpg

Some random $1 loose carts and a new Neo game for $20.
TG/PCE Collection.

VenomMacbeth

Where all did you go? The only game stores I know of in Charlotte are Save Point and The Last Word.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Ninja Spirit

Mathius

Welcome to the Twin Fami Club, Ninja! Does your Disk Drive work?

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Mathius on 12/22/2013, 07:41 PMWelcome to the Twin Fami Club, Ninja! Does your Disk Drive work?
I been joined it a few months ago, I just like taking the shots of my games with their respective systems :D

I had a error 27 scare, but it's just that I only had a hard time running Bubble Bobble

Nando

Love the look of the twin fami. How reliable are they?  How stable is the media?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Nando on 12/22/2013, 10:28 PMLove the look of the twin fami. How reliable are they?  How stable is the media?
Belts on the Famicom Disc Systems of all type go bad.

The discs can get dust, dirt, etc in them as they don't have a shutter. They're also magnetic media and can have problems relating to that.
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

with the right setup games can be re-written

the belts are the worst thing about them to change its just tedious changing the belt and re "homing" the drive.
IMG

Nando

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/22/2013, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Nando on 12/22/2013, 10:28 PMLove the look of the twin fami. How reliable are they?  How stable is the media?
Belts on the Famicom Disc Systems of all type go bad.

The discs can get dust, dirt, etc in them as they don't have a shutter. They're also magnetic media and can have problems relating to that.
Quote from: Opethian on 12/23/2013, 09:17 AMwith the right setup games can be re-written

the belts are the worst thing about them to change its just tedious changing the belt and re "homing" the drive.
How often do the belts go bad? and magnetic media...ugh, but that's part of the charm.  There needs to be a flash mounted option all X68K style...lol

How do you do your backups/rom dumps?

and one final question, what's the avg price for them?

jeffhlewis

People make belts by just cutting rubber tubing to size - you can buy precut ones on eBay for like 8 bucks usually

Opethian

they usually turn to gum after 2 or 3 years even with use. the rubber just breaks down. Not sure you can do a flash replacement since these aren't standard FDDs.
IMG

ApolloBoy

The Everdrive N8 can play FDS stuff but the emulation of the FDS's extra audio channel is way off. I've been really tempted to get a Twin Fami again, that damn FDS keeps drawing me back haha.
IMG

Nando

I really like the look of the console. Don't know much about the FDS's disks, but it would still be a sweet console to have and display.

NecroPhile

Needs more cowbell crayon, Ninja Spirit.  :mrgreen:

/20130522200801.jpg
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

EEEk, isn't that sparkies? I vaguely recall the "street art" his kiddo did. Man....

NecroPhile

That's punky's.  I'm betting he's not getting his kiddo any crayons for x-mas.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2013, 04:39 PMThat's punky's.  I'm betting he's not getting his kiddo any crayons for x-mas.  :lol:
LMAO!!!

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 12/23/2013, 01:52 PMthey usually turn to gum after 2 or 3 years even with use. the rubber just breaks down. Not sure you can do a flash replacement since these aren't standard FDDs.
2 or 3 years??? Looks like I am nearly living on borrowed time. Pray for my Twin.

Tatsujin

I kinda like the FDS (only have a simple one lose, using with my Famicom AV), but yeah they can be really picky and prone to all kind of shit that make them to refuse to run the games. but what great can we expect from some over 25yo mechanic/magnetical stored data systems? they're already working far beyond their expected life time.

PunkCryborg

Christmas GETS
/26j6.jpg

Also won this in a raffle held by Galam, thanks so much man, these will get lots of love  :)
/q8xd.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/25/2013, 10:04 AMChristmas GETS
/26j6.jpg

Also won this in a raffle held by Galam, thanks so much man, these will get lots of love  :)
/q8xd.jpg
That Gouf MG is pretty awesome. Gouf is one of my favorite gundams

PunkCryborg

PukeSter

Castlevania SOTN (Xbox Live)

Yes, I'm boring, but I have a surprise coming soon...

Nando

No pics yet but my wife got me GTA V, Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I won LoX from Necro's raffle and my sister found and bought me NES Megaman 2 & 3 for Xmas.

BIG MONEY, BIG PRIZES!!!

sirhcman

Quote from: Nando on 12/26/2013, 02:29 PMNo pics yet but my wife got me GTA V, Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I won LoX from Necro's raffle and my sister found and bought me NES Megaman 2 & 3 for Xmas.

BIG MONEY, BIG PRIZES!!!
Lego Marvel is great.. Just 100% it on Xbone today!