The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xak

BlackTiger i was unaware. I apologize.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

bob

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/26/2013, 05:47 PM
Quote from: galam on 12/26/2013, 04:04 PMis there anyplace to download episodes and watch off-line instead of YouToooob?
I would love to package some up for the flights I am taking in a couple weeks.
Get Firefox, this plugin for Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/

And VLC to play the videos back in once you download them from youtube.
Thanks, but need to get them on the iPad. Maybe there's an app for that?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: galam on 12/26/2013, 06:00 PMThanks, but need to get them on the iPad. Maybe there's an app for that?
You can download them on a computer and play them on VLC for iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-ios/id650377962
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/26/2013, 03:17 PMEsteban (yes that's right I capitalized it) I like how I get a completely different image when I click on your posted image. First shows Turbo gifts and the click through shows Turbo peril.

I don't think Meteor Blaster DX is supported any more. I just tried to order it through their TurboZone Direct link and for some weird reason the site's just not there. Hmmmm....
I love that you noticed that. Ha!  :pcgs:

Random: I just rewatched the Dreamcast episode earlier today. What does Dave's shirt say? SEGA: Sorry Excuse for a Game...?

Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

We posted a new episode on Sunday:
New episode this coming Sunday as well!

Tatsujin

ah damn, and I thought it is about a portable Turbob DUO.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ccovell

RoyVegas

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/31/2013, 03:22 AMWe posted a new episode on Sunday:
Tower of Power!  ROFL
All is well. :)

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/31/2013, 04:19 AMah damn, and I thought it is about a portable Turbob DUO.
I know, right? Where do they even get off calling it a Duo but it doesn't play TG-16 card AND CD games? I should have mentioned it in the episode.

Chris Covell why did I see your name on the title screen of Jelly Boy 2? Did you dump the proto?

ccovell

No, but I did make an English translation for Jerry Boy 1, and I helped with a JB2 patch by drawing the English title screen and translating the Japanese.

NightWolve

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/31/2013, 02:06 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/31/2013, 03:22 AMWe posted a new episode on Sunday:
Tower of Power!  ROFL
It's so portable, the damn thing! :lol:

Anyway, cool review Joe. Pretty good production quality to your stuff. Haven't really checked it out till now.

Xak

man crush on Dave aside, this was a great episode. Im not huge on portable gaming unless its for  a security gig I sit at a gate for 8 hours,other than that I see no place for an adult to have a portable gaming system.

I got a few police officer friends that also carry a portable when assigned night shift. I been to Gamestop with him while he was in full uniform shopping for PSP games lol! I myself am a console man, and most of my security guard gigs are spent roving so I cant play games on the go.

FraGMarE

Joe, if you want a copy of Meteor Blaster DX for the SCD, I can probably get you a pressed copy if the mindrec.com store isn't working for you.  :)

It's fairly advanced for early-ish PCE homebrew.  Somewhere between Asteroids and Blasteroids, if that gives you any clues.

btw, I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but MUKOR RULES ALL GALAXIES, just an FYI

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Xak on 01/01/2014, 12:57 PMman crush on Dave aside, this was a great episode. Im not huge on portable gaming unless its for  a security gig I sit at a gate for 8 hours,other than that I see no place for an adult to have a portable gaming system.

I got a few police officer friends that also carry a portable when assigned night shift. I been to Gamestop with him while he was in full uniform shopping for PSP games lol! I myself am a console man, and most of my security guard gigs are spent roving so I cant play games on the go.
Dude... no reason for an adult to have a portable gaming device? Really!? Two good reasons.... 1.When your wife is driving on road trips... 2. For when your in-laws become annoying on road trips. Duh!

Xak

Those are good reasons. I just thought of plane rides too.

Joe Redifer

Fragmare, that'd be awesome. I definitely would feature them in the next Homebrew episode and I always like showing Turbo/PCE stuff. It seemed to be a fairly popular episode among the audience as well and it was really fun to make!

As far as the Retro Duo Portable goes, I think the BEST use for it is to take with you to thrift stores and flea markets/whatever to test out games before you buy them to see if they work. Just as long as said games work on the Retro Duo of course.  :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: Xak on 01/01/2014, 12:57 PMman crush on Dave aside, this was a great episode. Im not huge on portable gaming unless its for  a security gig I sit at a gate for 8 hours,other than that I see no place for an adult to have a portable gaming system.

why do you always have to come up with such fishy awkward stuff?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 01/01/2014, 04:09 PMDude... no reason for an adult to have a portable gaming device? Really!? Two good reasons.... 1.When your wife is driving on road trips... 2. For when your in-laws become annoying on road trips. Duh!
3.  Gaming while pooping.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 01/02/2014, 09:50 AM
Quote from: guest on 01/01/2014, 04:09 PMDude... no reason for an adult to have a portable gaming device? Really!? Two good reasons.... 1.When your wife is driving on road trips... 2. For when your in-laws become annoying on road trips. Duh!
4. gaming while fucking

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/02/2014, 10:50 AM
4. gaming while fucking
5. Gaming while gaming.

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 01/03/2014, 06:42 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/02/2014, 10:50 AM
4. gaming while fucking
5. Gaming while gaming.
yo dawg, I herd you like gaming? so we....

Xak

Your right! Gaming while pooping! Another valid reason

ToyMachine78

Maybe Joe needs to do a "Top 10 reasons for Adults to own a portable gaming device" Game Sack episode! That could be quite funny if done right.

You and Dave will prob want to flip a coin to see who gets stuck performing the gaming while pooping segment lol

Xak

^lol, no not a good episode idea, at least IMO

hilarious  Dave comment though. I would lose my man crush on Dave if that happened

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 01/03/2014, 10:03 AMYou and Dave will prob want to flip a coin to see who gets stuck performing the gaming while pooping segment lol
Dave would do the segment because he's always the one who's on the toilet when we shoot the toilet scenes in our videos.  Hmmm... without context that sentence sounds rather creepy.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

thx..good ep. :)

SuperPlay

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/05/2014, 05:07 AMthx..good ep. :)
+1 Great work again guys, really enjoyed this one.

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 01/05/2014, 03:08 AMGame Sack -Unreleased Games
Great episode. Also, inspirational.

Ha! This reminds me, I gotta find more stuff to add to our unreleased PCE/TG-16 items:

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm?col=desc&val=un (the mysterious "XXX" in the header is the shortcut for unreleased stuff...)

I gotta add Rift War Saga and the advertisement for Dangerous Journeys...and Off the Wall...sheesh...

Covell, I believe, has an excellent table consolidating all the PCE titles that never saw the light of day.

munchiaz

Another good one

KnightWarrior

Make a Part 2

Xak

ResQ   looks really good! nothing I would never play but nevertheless it looks good graphically and its innovative.

Timetrax looks awesome

OH MY GOD HOME VIDEO OF A YOUNG SEXY DAVE!! I LOVE YOUUUUU

MR.Nuts 2 looked really cool

JimPower has some really good scrolling and use of colors

No Shadowhawk proto for the SNES? No one has released the proto yet :(

Tatsujin

I've played timetrax before and it dosen't look that awesome in real, its real strength definitely lies in the sound department (especially the title) :D

glad joe even mentioned tim follin inthere :)

TR0N

This should make superdeadite happy,since he go's on about the system like there's no tomorrow !!!!
Game Sack - The Sharp X68000
IMG

Joe Redifer

I tried to ask him some questions in preparation for this episode. He wouldn't answer.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/19/2014, 04:18 AMI tried to ask him some questions in preparation for this episode. He wouldn't answer.
He didn't ask for a favor did he !? Maybe that's why hmmmmm  :roll:
IMG

Tatsujin

boah,  joe really likes his genesis :)

Mathius

I'll watchie tonight or tomorrow night per usual. I have one of these fine machines and my only regret is not getting a tri-sync monitor. Switching resolutions can be a pain.

Looking forward to watching this episode especially, Joe! :D

SuperDeadite

Quote from: TR0N on 01/19/2014, 04:46 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/19/2014, 04:18 AMI tried to ask him some questions in preparation for this episode. He wouldn't answer.
He didn't ask for a favor did he !? Maybe that's why hmmmmm  :roll:
Umm WTF is this bullshit?  Fun fact, I have all ads and monetization options on my youtube account disabled and always have, my videos are out of pure passion, no interest in fame/money.  I've never even said "plz subscribe" in any of them ever.   

As for joe, I'm rather busy these days, haven't done a video myself since October.  My personal backlog is large enough as it is, and I have no interest in being part of gamesack, hence no response.  I get messages from people about the X68K daily and the majority go unanswered.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Xak

Great episode as usual. i was always into pC88 98 emulation. Now you turned me on to 68000 emu

time for teh romz cheaaaaaaaaa

Tatsujin

Quote from: Xak on 01/19/2014, 10:06 AMGreat episode as usual. i was always into pC88 98 emulation. Now you turned me on to 68000 emu

time for teh romz cheaaaaaaaaa
can't you just shut up, for only a day?

sirhcman

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/19/2014, 10:18 AMcan't you just shut up, for only a day?
If people keep responding to him he never will.

ON TOPIC: Another great episode Joe, you guys get better and better with each new episode! Tell Dave I appreciate everything you guys put out! :)

Xak

im sorry that i throughly enjoy this particular Game Sack episode. Now get off my nuts and get back on topic jeez.

SmaMan

Well, now I have to put an X68K on my list of things to buy one day.

Also, hi everyone! I'm back! :D
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Otaking

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/19/2014, 09:40 AM
and I have no interest in being part of gamesack, hence no response.
You have no interest in Game Sack yet you checked/read this Game Sack thread mmm....  :-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

kazekirifx

Nice episode. Their X68k collection looks to be about the same size as mine. I should also probably get me some midi modules someday too. :)

ToyMachine78

Great episode! I never knew such a machine existed.

BlueBMW

Quote from: kazekirifx on 01/19/2014, 08:08 PMNice episode. Their X68k collection looks to be about the same size as mine. I should also probably get me some midi modules someday too. :)
MIDI is a lot of fun.  Definitely get you an SC-55 and CM-64 if you can find them.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

How much of that stuff in the video belonged to Beemer? Thought I recognized the mixer, midi modules, etc.

Tatsujin

it's fun, but I love the pekes FM that much, that I would enjoy most games on its native tunes the most :)