OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

found these at target for $5 each.

/games/transds.jpg[/img]

TheClash603

Shinobi 3DS was pretty solid, so for $5 that is a steal.  I should go get a second copy for that price, just to get that stylus.

munchiaz

My recent pick ups. I got the Taito collection from goodwill for $5. Got another Alundra because my current one is game only. Whats nice is the new one is a different disk variant than the one i already had. I also finally got my hands on a Sony PVM. Can't wait to get my SCART cables

IMG

IMG

PukeSter

Got a "holy grail" today. Pun not intended.  :D

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood! Worth every penny. Many details and secrets.  8)

PCE sure is the king of weapon-based platformers.

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (PS1 BL): $1.50
Road Rash 3D (PS1 BL): $1.50

Nothing great, but they were cheap enough so I usually pick up MOST games like that.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: galam on 01/12/2014, 09:46 AMfound these at target for $5 each.

/games/transds.jpg[/img]
Same games at my Target were $10 each...  lame!

I almost bought Tetris Axis, as it was part of the stylus + game for $10, but then I saw the game was $7 on Amazon.com.

jeffhlewis

bob

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/13/2014, 09:53 PM
Quote from: galam on 01/12/2014, 09:46 AMfound these at target for $5 each.

/games/transds.jpg[/img]
Same games at my Target were $10 each...  lame!

I almost bought Tetris Axis, as it was part of the stylus + game for $10, but then I saw the game was $7 on Amazon.com.
I don't even have a DS. these are just going to be trade bait at the flea market for some commons.

Nando

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Nando on 01/14/2014, 10:43 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/13/2014, 11:34 PMILL ADVISED PURCHASES!!!

IMG
I already had one from about a year ago. It needed a twin for co-op play.

TWO?!

Nando

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/14/2014, 10:45 AM
Quote from: Nando on 01/14/2014, 10:43 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/13/2014, 11:34 PMILL ADVISED PURCHASES!!!

IMG
I already had one from about a year ago. It needed a twin for co-op play.

TWO?!
co-op! when can I stop by? ;)

My friends and I wasted a ton of money on that game at the Arcades.

Sparky

wow jeffhlewis, those look like fun... is there many games they work on?
Sorry forgive my ignorance as i am not a huge Saturn player.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2014, 01:00 PMwow jeffhlewis, those look like fun... is there many games they work on?
Virtual On..... and Virtual On Netlink Edition!
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

EvilEvoIX

Virtual On is a Great game!!!  The only arcade cab I knew of was at Great Adventure So I had to play it there every year.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/14/2014, 01:59 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/14/2014, 01:00 PMwow jeffhlewis, those look like fun... is there many games they work on?
Virtual On..... and Virtual On Netlink Edition!
That's the primary two - there's an adapter available to use these on the Dreamcast for Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram.

Supposedly you can use a Saturn -> PS2 adapter or a mod to use these on the PS2 as well for the Sega Ages 2500 Virtual On Collection.

EvilEvoIX

I just got this stuff.  I can't believe how bad the Master System controllers are, terrible.  But I am glad I have them just in case.  I use the Master Converter over my Master System because it can use my Genesis Scart to TV converter properly.  When I use the Master System I can't get and sound :(  I am now looking to get my Master System FM Modded and Stereo out, well two audio RCA's out.

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2014, 06:42 PMI just got this stuff.  I can't believe how bad the Master System controllers are, terrible.  But I am glad I have them just in case.  I use the Master Converter over my Master System because it can use my Genesis Scart to TV converter properly.  When I use the Master System I can't get and sound :(  I am now looking to get my Master System FM Modded and Stereo out, well two audio RCA's out.

IMG

IMG
If you need a RF switch, there is a guy on here witha ton of them.

bartre

seriously?
the SMS controller is phenomenal, i think you're smoking crack, bud.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: galam on 01/16/2014, 07:49 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2014, 06:42 PMI just got this stuff.  I can't believe how bad the Master System controllers are, terrible.  But I am glad I have them just in case.  I use the Master Converter over my Master System because it can use my Genesis Scart to TV converter properly.  When I use the Master System I can't get and sound :(  I am now looking to get my Master System FM Modded and Stereo out, well two audio RCA's out.

IMG

IMG
If you need a RF switch, there is a guy on here witha ton of them.
Oh no thanks I have about 6 of those things and....OH I see what you did there....

Quote from: bartre on 01/16/2014, 08:27 PMseriously?
the SMS controller is phenomenal, i think you're smoking crack, bud.
I plugged it in and after about 1 min I plugged in my Genesis 6 button, never looked back.  I know some games require the proper pad but other than that they go into one of my MANY Sega Parts bin.
IMGIMGIMG

jeffhlewis

I'm a huge huge SMS fan and I have to agree - not a huge fan of those pads. I actually use the weird left handed arcade pad instead of the standard SMS pads. Those buttons just don't feel right.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/16/2014, 08:42 PMI'm a huge huge SMS fan and I have to agree - not a huge fan of those pads. I actually use the weird left handed arcade pad instead of the standard SMS pads. Those buttons just don't feel right.
It's the D-Pad I have an issue with.  Also IMHO the SEGA 6 Button controller is the best controller ever so if I can use that over anything I would.
IMGIMGIMG

munchiaz

Here is my recent pickup. Also some pics of the difference between my new PVM and my CRT using S-Video on a SNES.

IMG
IMG
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/16/2014, 09:31 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/16/2014, 08:42 PMI'm a huge huge SMS fan and I have to agree - not a huge fan of those pads. I actually use the weird left handed arcade pad instead of the standard SMS pads. Those buttons just don't feel right.
It's the D-Pad I have an issue with.  Also IMHO the SEGA 6 Button controller is the best controller ever so if I can use that over anything I would.
I can't decide between Genny 6-button and Saturn compact...both amazing controllers.

Standard PCE gamepad is also quite nice of course.

esteban

The d-pad sucks on the SMS controllers...primarily because it's a sloppy SQUARE which feels imprecise and ill-defined for precision maneuvers. I love my SMS, and I can cope with the sloppy square, but it's a shame Sega didn't devise something better.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: esteban on 01/16/2014, 10:47 PM
The d-pad sucks on the SMS controllers...primarily because it's a sloppy SQUARE which feels imprecise and ill-defined for precision maneuvers. I love my SMS, and I can cope with the sloppy square, but it's a shame Sega didn't devise something better.

What he said.
IMGIMGIMG

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): $25!

Came with the unused club nintendo codes too! Loving the game, especially not having to pay full price $60.
IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: storino03 on 01/17/2014, 01:19 AMGoodwill:

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): $25!

Came with the unused club nintendo codes too! Loving the game, especially not having to pay full price $60.
bargain of the year

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

majors

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/16/2014, 10:46 PMI can't decide between Genny 6-button and Saturn compact...both amazing controllers.
Tough call, but model 2 SS pad wins by a hair for me.

SMS pad is ass <period> But there are a few Master System games I've found that require it when using the PBC on my CDX(Penguin Land?).  I do not know how you can use the Control Stick, Jeff...it's all sorts of wrong.

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/16/2014, 10:18 PM... difference between my new PVM ...
Once you go PVM, you never go back. Just stay away from the pre-rendered SNES games...DK and KI look god awful over s-vid.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: majors on 01/17/2014, 08:43 AMSMS pad is ass <period> But there are a few Master System games I've found that require it when using the PBC on my CDX(Penguin Land?).  I do not know how you can use the Control Stick, Jeff...it's all sorts of wrong.
The first non-pack-in game I got for my SMS was a copy of Outrun that came in a blister pack with the arcade stick (from Best Department Store, remember that?). I started using the arcade stick from then on with every game. Guess I was raised on it. I'm left handed too, so there's that.

Mathius

When I was young I tried my best to like the SMS pads but couldn't. The buttons were sticky (rapid firing in Thunder Blade was a chore) and the D-Pad had so many problems it gave the 5200 controller a self esteem boost.

bob

Genny controllers work in a SMS for most games, right?

Opethian

yes but the I and II are mapped to A and C
and some games don't work at all with a genny pad.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 01/17/2014, 11:12 AMGenny controllers work in a SMS for most games, right?
Quote from: Opethian on 01/17/2014, 11:21 AMyes but the I and II are mapped to A and C
Wonder Boy in Monster Land and Bomber Run are two that come to mind. I think there are more.

bob

Quote from: Opethian on 01/17/2014, 11:21 AMyes but the I and II are mapped to A and C
Yeah. I knew it wasnt every game.  Outrun gave me a hell of a time once

Joe Redifer

Believe it or not the reason some games don't work with a Genesis pad has to do with region-checking. Basically the games toggle the select line in the cartridge port and are supposed to reset, but the affected games don't and thus they hate the Genesis pad.

These are the affected games:

Alien Syndrome
Bomber Raid
Great Volleyball
Montazuma's Revenge
Penguin Land
Tennis Ace
Shanghai
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
Wonder boy in Monster Land

You can patch them and run them on a flash cart to work with the Genesis pad.

whisper2053

Today's goodies from the magic mailman:

/x63b.jpg
/0v2g.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

jeffhlewis

My desk is a goddamn mess but the Turbo train keeps rollin'

Metroid Prime Pinball courtesy of Majors.

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/18/2014, 12:53 AMMy desk is a goddamn mess but the Turbo train keeps rollin'

IMG
Sweet! 

Once I become comfortable at my new job, I'll bring in some obey. Currently I only have a picture of my wife and I on our wedding day, a picture of my son and I, a wind-up robot toy, and a chunk of petrified wood.

I did have my "official" photo taken while wearing my obey tie, so hopefully that'll be noticeable once the pic goes live. :)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2014, 01:27 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/18/2014, 12:53 AMMy desk is a goddamn mess but the Turbo train keeps rollin'

IMG
Sweet! 

Once I become comfortable at my new job, I'll bring in some obey. Currently I only have a picture of my wife and I on our wedding day, a picture of my son and I, a wind-up robot toy, and a chunk of petrified wood.

I did have my "official" photo taken while wearing my obey tie, so hopefully that'll be noticeable once the pic goes live. :)
This is actually my home office, heh. I do have aforementioned random PS2 games in my drawer at work - another retro-gaming coworker of mine gifted me a loose copy of Pretty Fighter for the Super Famicom for Xmas. I immediately gifted him back a copy of Muppet Adventure for the NES in retaliation.

chany60126

I got this bundle at an estate sale today for $20.  I wasn't planning on getting this system, but at that price, I figured why not. This is my very first Master System console.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/18/2014, 12:50 PMI got this bundle at an estate sale today for $20.  I wasn't planning on getting this system, but at that price, I figured why not. This is my very first Master System console.
IMG
Excellent pick-up.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Yeah, great deal on the SMS!  That RC Grand Prix is a good find too!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2014, 04:05 PMYeah, great deal on the SMS!  That RC Grand Prix is a good find too!
Yep, I paid about 15.00 for RC Grand Prix alone. So at 20.00 for the lot you Chany made out like a bandit.
--DragonmasterDan

PunkCryborg

Very cool chany! I'm jelly of that spellcaster. Since you have the light gun I suggest picking up Laser Ghost. It's sooo cool

PukeSter

Gears of War (no manual) $3 from GameStop

Needed a game for my Xbox. Pretty fun! But so many dull colors...

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/17/2014, 06:42 PMBelieve it or not the reason some games don't work with a Genesis pad has to do with region-checking. Basically the games toggle the select line in the cartridge port and are supposed to reset, but the affected games don't and thus they hate the Genesis pad.

These are the affected games:

Alien Syndrome
Bomber Raid
Great Volleyball
Montazuma's Revenge
Penguin Land
Tennis Ace
Shanghai
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
Wonder boy in Monster Land

You can patch them and run them on a flash cart to work with the Genesis pad.
If you started the game with the SMS pad and then paused and switched to the genesis pad would it work?
IMGIMGIMG

Digi.k

Blu ray world cinema

/secretsociety1/image-6.jpg

BlueBMW

Didnt really buy them....  a friend of mine's wife does leather work.  I tossed her some potential designs and this is what she came up with so far...

/keyz_zps0d3e53e1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Nice chany! I have been after that Phantasy Star II book for ages. Hang onto it for dear life!

You'll love the SMS. It has its charms that no other system has. Even with its standard PSG sound. But, I would upgrade to FM sound if you can. There are forum members here who can help.