OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/18/2014, 07:49 PMDidnt really buy them....  a friend of mine's wife does leather work.  I tossed her some potential designs and this is what she came up with so far...

/keyz_zps0d3e53e1.jpg
Cool key chains blue. I know the one on the left has the Konami logo, and the one on the right has the X68000 logo. What's the one in the middle?

Sparky

My pickups.. :)... Micro machines for the win!
Oh and that intelly is mine now... Its a mint as f@ck! :)

IMG

Micro machine truck opened...
IMG
IMG

bob

That truck is mofo beautiful.

Mathius

roflmao

Chany and Sparky - awesome pickups!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2014, 08:56 PMMy pickups.. :)... Micro machines for the win!
Oh and that intelly is mine now... Its a mint as f@ck! :)

IMG

Micro machine truck opened...
IMG
IMG
I was CRAZY about micro machines as a child!!  Especially the big fold-out playsets like that one. :D
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/18/2014, 07:59 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/18/2014, 07:49 PMDidnt really buy them....  a friend of mine's wife does leather work.  I tossed her some potential designs and this is what she came up with so far...

/keyz_zps0d3e53e1.jpg
Cool key chains blue. I know the one on the left has the Konami logo, and the one on the right has the X68000 logo. What's the one in the middle?
I think that's the original Konami logo from the X68k days, but if I'm wrong I hope someone else will chime in :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2014, 08:25 PMI think that's the original Konami logo from the X68k days, but if I'm wrong I hope someone else will chime in :D
Yep, that's the really old Konami logo.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

I got my Bazzy one, BMW.  Thanks a ton, it's fucking sweet!  She does fantastic work, and I wanna post a pic and make y'all jealous, but it'll have to wait 'til Tatsu gets his.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bartre

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 01/20/2014, 12:14 PMI got my Bazzy one, BMW.  Thanks a ton, it's fucking sweet!  She does fantastic work, and I wanna post a pic and make y'all jealous, but it'll have to wait 'til Tatsu gets his.  :mrgreen:
You might be waiting a while since tats wont let me send him his pile of stuff yet... :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xcrement5x

I picked these up a couple weeks back but have finally gotten a chance to upload a picture of them. 

IMG
2014-01-05 Game Gear Pickup by xcrement5x, on Flickr

10 Game Gear games at a total of $22.  Originally the guy wanted $40 but half the games wouldn't boot on my fully working unit so I convinced him to give me a discount.  Then I spent some time at home cleaning them all up and getting them working.  Glad to finally have a copy of Tails Adventure along with others I was missing at a non-gouge price!

Bust A Move
Sonic Chaos
Tails Adventure
Kawasaki Superbikes
Sonic 2
NBA JAM
VR Troopers
Super Columns
The Lion King
Tom and Jerry
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/20/2014, 05:54 PMYou might be waiting a while since tats wont let me send him his pile of stuff yet... :(
I can't wait forever, so don't click tatsu!  IMG

bazzy-keychain.webp
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5550/11980947385_88caa6b42e_o.jpg

bob

Ugh.  Im sorry.  Hope he gave you $20 change for your 22.
 ;)

Nando

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2014, 01:57 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/20/2014, 05:54 PMYou might be waiting a while since tats wont let me send him his pile of stuff yet... :(
I can't wait forever, so don't click tatsu!  IMG
bazzy-keychain.webp
So nice!

xcrement5x

Quote from: galam on 01/21/2014, 02:00 PMUgh.  Im sorry.  Hope he gave you $20 change for your 22.
 ;)
Lol, he originally was going to sell them to me for just $20 but I felt bad since I figured I would be able to get them all working eventually with some time cleaning.  I had an extra couple bucks I just gave him to make up for it ;)

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

PukeSter

Quote from: hoobs88 on 01/21/2014, 07:05 PMIMG
I read that as "JIZZES in Your Mouth!"

On-Topic(?), but Honeycombs is my favorite "junk" cereal.

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

xcrement5x

Nice!  I just scored a Keio 2 at a pretty reasonable price myself finally, but I still have to wait for it...

SmaMan

Been a while since I posted here, but I got me a Famicom Disk System!
IMG
It also came with the box! (Not pictured)

Got 5 games with it (pictured right) and it works perfectly with three of them:
Super Mario Bros. 2
Exciting Basket
Famicom Grand Prix

Two of them are giving me problems though...
Moero Twinbee (Boots up and plays fine until it tries to load stage 3, then it error 27's)
Zelda 2 (Doesn't load at all. Error 27's at the boot screen.)

The person I got the system from says he just replaced the belt. So no idea if it's the disk system or the disks themselves. I'm tempted to just buy an extra copy of each to be sure before I risk mangling this thing trying to fix it. Any suggestions?
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Opethian

its a bitch to get at the bushing that lets you adjust the drive. you need a small allen wrench to adjust it. you can see it turning in the top center of the drive form the front.
IMG

ApolloBoy

Quote from: SmaMan on 01/23/2014, 01:25 PMThe person I got the system from says he just replaced the belt. So no idea if it's the disk system or the disks themselves. I'm tempted to just buy an extra copy of each to be sure before I risk mangling this thing trying to fix it. Any suggestions?
There's a really good chance it's the disks themselves, they can (and often will) go bad. You can go here if you want to try having them rewritten: http://www.famicomdisksystem.com/disk-writing-dumping/
IMG

PukeSter

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 01/23/2014, 05:57 PM
Quote from: SmaMan on 01/23/2014, 01:25 PMThe person I got the system from says he just replaced the belt. So no idea if it's the disk system or the disks themselves. I'm tempted to just buy an extra copy of each to be sure before I risk mangling this thing trying to fix it. Any suggestions?
There's a really good chance it's the disks themselves, they can (and often will) go bad. You can go here if you want to try having them rewritten: http://www.famicomdisksystem.com/disk-writing-dumping/
nice avatar ApolloBoy!

I used to have a very large SG-1000 collection. Pretty nice system, actually. Quite a bunch of great, but rare, games.

SmaMan

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 01/23/2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the hookup. Sent in the service request. I've actually been reading through this guy's tutorials, so it'll be nice to get an expert's opinion on this.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

bob

This Week. 

/games/tc0.jpg
/games/tc8.jpg

FiftyQuid

Riddle of the Sphinx is a good one.  Played that a lot as a kid.  Towering Inferno I never played, but seeing the game makes me want to watch the movie again.

One Atari game I never see and haven't seen picked up is Plaque Attack.  I want to buy a 2600 just for that game.  Nothing special to it, except for the nostalgia factor.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

and today for 2$ each

/games/flying1.jpg
/games/flying2.jpg

bartre

Quote from: whisper2053 on 01/22/2014, 12:40 PMToday's stuffs:

/7nm4.jpg
oh god, now i'm gonna have to go play keio 2 myself.
seriously, i can't help but be in a good mood after i play that game.

Mathius

The Keio games have been on my wishlist since I started swimming in the retro pot. I have a friend that has a sealed Keio on the Sega CD and I keep yelling at him to either open it or give it to me lol

Tatsujin

after a long long time, i finally can add two new titles to my private PCE collection :)

IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

What are those PCE games, Tats? And are they any good?

GohanX

Opethian

Kisou Louga deuces! never played it but nice spine :D
IMG

xcrement5x

Picked this up off Craigslist last night.  I have a couple of the games but the big one I wanted was Marvel Vs Capcom 2, I've been trying to find a copy of that in the wild for a long time.  No manual, but the discs are all in amazing shape so the hunt for one is on!  Yet another Dreamcast though, at least this one looks to be in quite nice shape!

IMG
2014-01-27 Dreamcast Lot by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Sega Dreamcast with Hookups/Power Cable
2 Controllers
2 VMUS
2 Rumble Packs

Games:
Virtua Tennis (complete)
Railroad Tycoon II (complete)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (no manual)
Sword of the Berserk (loose)
Armada (loose)
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense (loose)

JoshTurboTrollX

Finally acquired a sweet ass Turbo Express!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PunkCryborg

Got this awesome PCB today with copy arts and manual  :D
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/28/2014, 08:48 PMGot this awesome PCB today with copy arts and manual  :D
IMG
:shock: =P~

Punk, can I have that? Pretty please? :P

SmaMan

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/28/2014, 08:48 PMGot this awesome PCB today with copy arts and manual  :D
IMG
Niiiiiiiiiiice, dude! Reminds me how much I want a SuperGun, or JAMMA Console, or custom cabinet, or whatever the heck I'd need to play those.

Tatsujin

wow ela..thats one rad PCB. loved to play that in the arcades bitd :)

how much did that set your wallet back?

@math: VG seems to be a girl date game based on some idol stuff (also some noodies inside), louga II is some strategy/rpg based game with very nice visuals. haven't had the time to fire up both yet.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/28/2014, 09:32 PMwow ela..thats one rad PCB. loved to play that in the arcades bitd :)

how much did that set your wallet back?
$200 before shipping and proxy fees...... but it was my birthday present so so I don't mind :D

Tatsujin

TR0N

Wii U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

The only game i bought recently,beside i don't need to take a picture of it.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

whisper2053

What have we here?!?! :D

/5b7x.jpg

The blank AES cart is a Top Player's Golf that I picked up on the cheap to use as a test cart to get a free AES that I inherited to hopefully work again (it's having some as yet unclear issues)

Contents of the Loot Crate:

/02gz.jpg
/li48.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

Nando

IMG
Never seen that game before. Had to youtube it... and wow!

yoyo

A new adapter for my model 1 Sega Genesis actually, haha. When I got it, it came with a third party adapter with two cords, one for the SNES, one for the model 1 Genesis and NES. Well the NES/Genesis bit broke off at the wire (very shoddy wiring job, extremely light and flimsy), and so I figured it'd be more beneficial to have an actual Sega adapter.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

Gogan

Been on a buying halt as I was currently buying a new house. But all moved in and picked up a real classic for my housewarming present to myself :D

IMG

I know the board is toasted, so I'm on the lookout...cabinet is in good cosmetic shape tho
Nothin beats the real thing.

dingsbums

@ PunkCryborg

Congrats - Xexex is an awesome game. Just make sure you have a TV / Screen that can handle the oddball sync rate. And watch out for any leakage on the Sound custom (in your picture in the upper left side of the PCB) since these damn customs tend to fail  :| :?.

on topic
long time no post  :P

PCE
/hdc9.jpg

Valis 2 was a Christmas present - finally I have the complete series  :).
/1l9x.jpg

/xkwl.jpg

NecroPhile