The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

houly shit..that looks beyond terrible :lol:

also we were talking 80s/90s arcade games, supposed to be displayed on the best RGB monitors possible with real scanlines etc. etc. and what do you post? and just look at that terrible eagle filters switched on..if that wouldn' be the ultimate atmosphere breaker :lol:

just again another bullshit from yourside.

SUCH A CLOWN!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Psycho Punch

^^^^^
those smoothing edge filters always look like crap. Smooth crap but still crap. Why do you have to ruin the great art done by pixel artists, 60 framse per second?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

IrishNinja

those shots are kinda rough, but i tend to upscale 4:3 on a plasma so i know it's not for everybody. 

looking forward to this current ep with the arcade stuff, must've watched the last one on x680000 or whatever 3x already, really great stuff there.
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86
IMG
IMG

IrishNinja

balls!  double post, my bad
IMG
IMG

Mathius

A lot of those games I haven't ever heard of. Thanks for shining light on those games, guys!

I only have one question. Where do I get one of those slick Game Sack t-shirts?

sirhcman

Quote from: Mathius on 02/04/2014, 10:34 AMI only have one question. Where do I get one of those slick Game Sack t-shirts?
Official Game Sack Store: http://112817.spreadshirt.com

Joe Redifer

Mathius

Awesome! I bookmarked it. :)

sirhcman

I'm sure this is Dave's doing but quit stalling on the Sega Genesis episode.. Hell, make it a 3-4-5 part episode! We want it already!!! ;)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 02/04/2014, 03:58 PMI'm sure this is Dave's doing but quit stalling on the Sega Genesis episode.. Hell, make it a 3-4-5 part episode! We want it already!!! ;)
INDEED!!!!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NightWolve

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/04/2014, 02:40 PMYou can get 'em right here.
Huh, an online store to go along with this show of yours, did not know that... Wonder though just how many have bought any of your product offerings. ;)

Tatsujin

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/04/2014, 04:55 PM
Huh, an online store to go along with this show of yours, did not know that... Wonder though just how many have bought any of your product offerings. ;)
i bet those are used ones by joe and dave during the shows.
so they just order new ones when they have sold one :P
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NightWolve

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/04/2014, 05:45 PM
Of course, that'd be part of the gag/appeal of the show, makes it more authentic! If you're not "gamesacked" after buying something from the Game Sack store, where's the fun in that ? You could say to your videogaming friends, "Hey, check out my GameSack shirt! I got 'gamesacked'..." When they say, "Uh, what does that mean ?", you say, "Here, smell me a little closer..." To which they will respond, "Oh OK, yeah, you smell horrible... So...why is that funny ? The joke's on you ??" And your response, "Exactly! Should've known better than to buy some shirt from Joe Redifer!!!!!!" :P So yeah, store motto: If it doesn't smell, it's doesn't sell!! Heh-heh.
Expression: "I got gamesacked..." Meaning: left with the smell of a foul stench in the air and some of the most prized games in your collection having mysteriously gone missing...

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/04/2014, 08:07 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/04/2014, 05:45 PM
Oh course, that'd be part of the gag/appeal of the show, makes it more authentic! If you're not "gamesacked" after buying something from the Game Sack store, where's the fun in that ? You could say to your videogaming friends, "Hey, check out my GameSack shirt! I got 'gamesacked'..." When they say, "Uh, what does that mean ?", you say, "Here, smell me a little closer..." To which they will respond, "Oh OK, yeah, you smell horrible... So...why is that funny ? The joke's on you ??" And your response, "Exactly! Should've known better than to buy some shirt from Joe Redifer!!!!!!" :P So yeah, store motto: If it doesn't smell, it's doesn't sell!! Heh-heh.
Expression: "I got gamesacked..." Meaning: left with the smell of a foul stench in the air and some of the most prized games in your collection having mysteriously gone missing...
You forgot to add the saliva and muttering my precious...

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

IrishNinja

aw man what's not to like about the Clay Fighter theme song?  it's the best fighter theme song OF ALL TIME
IMG
IMG

Mzo

Someone never heard Indestructible, which is so bad it's good, or the 3rd Strike rap.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

IrishNinja

i heard them both my friend

still standin' by my statement
IMG
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: TR0N on 02/16/2014, 03:29 AMHere comes another challenger !!!
Game Sack - The Other 16-bit Fighting Games
I actually really liked Eternal Champions.  I got it the day it came out, loved it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Tatsujin

clay fighter was so bad, but at least it served as some short negative laughs.

btw. why only one PCE fighter, when there are quite a few official as well mostly better than strap-on fighter? :)

Joe Redifer

Well we'll get to them eventually. So far only one comment deriding us for including "8-bit" Turbo games in a 16-bit specific video so that's good.

sirhcman

I can't wait for the 100th episode Genesis special! ;)

TurboXray

I thought Flash Hiders would be on there, for sure. Maybe it's not as popular as I seem to recall (I got it BITD when it came out; I think gamefan did a spread on it?). Ranma 1/2 the third game for PCE CD (bi-compatible CD/SCD game) was a LOT of fun. Simplistic fighting game, but fun. I enjoyed that game quite a bit back in the day.

Arjak

The post-credits skit made me laugh. Poor Dave just got Budokaned!
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

munchiaz

another awesome ep. loved the ending with the board switch. Reminds me of a time a friend of mine and his cousin each had a copy of Wayne Gretske hokey for N64. Well they rented Doom 64 from blockbuster, and switched the boards, or labels, i forget which. This was before they started putting those stickers on everything

Mathius

Really surprised that Strip Fighter had line scrolls! All in all I think Virtua Fighter II wins the award for best line-scrolling. Killer Instinct came really close.

BigusSchmuck

Time Killers needed to be in there even with the terrible Genesis port.

jeffhlewis

Oh man, Fighting Masters...back when SF2 came out in the arcades everyone on my block wanted that game since there were no other true 1 on 1 fighters worth a damn on the Genesis. A friend finally picked it up and we all thought it was the greatest thing of all time, until one of them picked up a SNES with SF2.

esadajr

the one that comes to mind is 3D Ballz, I liked it back then, it wasn't a great game but it was fun.
Gaming since 1985

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/17/2014, 04:01 AMWell we'll get to them eventually. So far only one comment deriding us for including "8-bit" Turbo games in a 16-bit specific video so that's good.
If you ever do a part two and have a mvs i wouldn't have a problem donating,waku waku 7 and matrimelee.
IMG

TurboXray

Do you guys have plans to have guest stars on your show? I'd do a 12 hour drive to CO, just for an episode :B

NightWolve

What Bonknuts said! Yeah, I'd like to do an episode with you some time Joe. I like the skit where you hung up on Happy Console Gamer. If we could do something Ys related and where you call me, but I get to hang up on you this time, well, that would be fun I think. ;)

Tatsujin

me too joe, please come to japan, we're gonna on a retro game shopping trip for a special ep. and bring dave along with you.

plz

BlueBMW

When I move out there I'll photobomb them next time they're at Game Force recording.

Actually, it seems like all the Game Force locations I used to visit are all gone lol.  Buy Back Games is still there on Broadway though...  that brings back memories....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

what's a game force loc?

BlueBMW

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/24/2014, 10:52 PMwhat's a game force loc?
They're a chain of used game stores in the Denver Colorado area....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

oh nice..are they any good? :)

Pyongyang

Joe Redifer

Game Force isn't a chain they're actually franchised so most are independently owned and the quality, selection and prices vary by store. Boulder is the best. I used to rent games from Buy Back Games on Broadway all the time. Now they no longer rent games. Power Play Games was another great one and they rented import games. The owner of Power Play Games went on to create Game Force.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/25/2014, 07:45 PMGame Force isn't a chain they're actually franchised so most are independently owned and the quality, selection and prices vary by store. Boulder is the best. I used to rent games from Buy Back Games on Broadway all the time. Now they no longer rent games. Power Play Games was another great one and they rented import games. The owner of Power Play Games went on to create Game Force.
The inventory at that Boulder store definitely looked nice.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/25/2014, 08:38 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/25/2014, 07:45 PMGame Force isn't a chain they're actually franchised so most are independently owned and the quality, selection and prices vary by store. Boulder is the best. I used to rent games from Buy Back Games on Broadway all the time. Now they no longer rent games. Power Play Games was another great one and they rented import games. The owner of Power Play Games went on to create Game Force.
The inventory at that Boulder store definitely looked nice.
That it did! As far as I know Indiana doesn't have any stores with that level of retro goodies. There is a store up north that I heard has some goodies but I have yet to visit it.

BlueBMW

That would explain why some sucked and others were good.  I actually bought my first TG16 at the one at Broadway and Belleview I believe... its gone now though.

Sadler

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/24/2014, 10:35 PMBuy Back Games is still there on Broadway though...  that brings back memories....
I had no idea there was a Buy Back Games so close by until last week when I spied that one. What Game Force locations did you used to go to? I think the Boulder location is still open and they had a surprising amount of PCE stuff there. :D

EDIT: Should have read the whole thread.

BlueBMW

I used to hit the one in highlands ranch (over near the king soopers I think)  the one on university near south glen (when it was still a mall) the one at belleview and broadway, game force littleton near sante fe on.... What street was that... Belleview maybe?  And occasionally the one in Lakewood near casa bonita (got my first n64 at that one)  and very rarely one other that was way up noth somewhere.

Joe Redifer

I remember about 10 or so years ago that Game Force that was on Broadway and Belleview had a booger-encrusted Contra for NES and they wanted $50 for it.

Mzo

Maybe they were famous boogers.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 02/25/2014, 08:41 PMThat it did! As far as I know Indiana doesn't have any stores with that level of retro goodies. There is a store up north that I heard has some goodies but I have yet to visit it.
Interesting, where in Northern Indiana might it be?

I recall McVans being pretty nice 10-15 years ago. But they're all out of business now if I recall correctly.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/26/2014, 08:55 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 02/25/2014, 08:41 PMThat it did! As far as I know Indiana doesn't have any stores with that level of retro goodies. There is a store up north that I heard has some goodies but I have yet to visit it.
Interesting, where in Northern Indiana might it be?

I recall McVans being pretty nice 10-15 years ago. But they're all out of business now if I recall correctly.
Yes they are out of business.

The place JD Norman recommended is called Video Palace and Coin Shop. I can't personally comment on their selection but I hear tell that it's interesting.

https://plus.google.com/113977054704195864423/about?gl=us&hl=en

SmaMan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/26/2014, 03:12 PMI remember about 10 or so years ago that Game Force that was on Broadway and Belleview had a booger-encrusted Contra for NES and they wanted $50 for it.
Reminds me of this one store here in Abilene, TX called "Manuel's." He writes the prices for the games ON the games themselves! No stickers, he just sharpies them on the disk case or worse... the cart itself! And said prices are the typical "looked 'em up on eBay" variety.

That said, I keep going back there because every so often, he'll have something at a great price that I just can't pass up. And that's how I got Crue Ball for my Sega Genesis, CIB, for $5. (And he actually had a sticker on this one!)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

TR0N

IMG