@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 05/28/2014, 10:35 PMGranted I only watch half of it, but shmup didn't bother me either, except that they switched usage, with the guy saying shooter and the girl saying shmup. I didn't like some of the odd wording and jilted dialogue, though. I assume that will get better over time.
Its about as good as its gonna get.. of course I might just be harsh.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 05/28/2014, 10:35 PMGranted I only watch half of it, but shmup didn't bother me either, except that they switched usage, with the guy saying shooter and the girl saying shmup. I didn't like some of the odd wording and jilted dialogue, though. I assume that will get better over time.
There up to there 101th episode so i doubt it.I heard about the channel through mathius as of last year and i like how they covered shooters.
Quote from: geise on 05/28/2014, 04:07 PMWhy?   Why can't they just say "shooter"?
Got me i have had problem with the term.Though i can't stand it when mark of classic game room says space ship shooter every time,he reviews one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nando

geise

Old news now but I have to...
cute chubby korean baby dancing!

HailingTheThings

IMG

Digi.k

GTA V commodore 64 style... someone needs to do a pce version..

SmaMan

Just watching some theory... some GAME Theory.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Mathius

Pat Contri's review of the Retron 5. Pretty in-depth with even some sound comparisons on the "Enhnaced" mode the unit features. Take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_453314605&feature=iv&src_vid=NjV6XLbWFHk&v=arcF1vY_3ck

Joe Redifer

Game Sack will do the true in-depth look in a few weeks. It will feature A/B audio comparisons between real systems and Retron5. :)

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/07/2014, 10:16 PMGame Sack will do the true in-depth look in a few weeks. It will feature A/B audio comparisons between real systems and Retron5. :)
This is what I wanted to see in Pat's review. Can't wait though I am once again behind my Game Sack watching by about 2 episodes. Please forgives, joejoe.

Elder

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/07/2014, 10:16 PMGame Sack will do the true in-depth look in a few weeks. It will feature A/B audio comparisons between real systems and Retron5. :)
Very much looking forward to that Joe!

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

SmaMan

I wonder if your unit will have proper save state re-writing. It seems like these Chinese clones always get one thing wrong. That said, I remember having trouble getting the Game Boy Color's "Mega Memory Card" to properly rewrite saves. It just wiped them out.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Mathius

Quote from: SmaMan on 06/09/2014, 11:09 AM
I wonder if your unit will have proper save state re-writing. It seems like these Chinese clones always get one thing wrong. That said, I remember having trouble getting the Game Boy Color's "Mega Memory Card" to properly rewrite saves. It just wiped them out.
It's not a Chinese clone. The guy (I can't remember his name) is American and was at MGC last year demoing the unit.

Medic_wheat

https://youtu.be/7NQ-_OV-Fi0nyone else watch "Glove and Boots"?

I have been watching them for about a year now and I honestly can't pick a favorit.

The bill Murry salut

The gremlins gage

Then there was twerking and singing outer space songs

But here is a more video game related posting

bartre

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 06/15/2014, 12:04 PM
what?
I would think this could become an excellent south park episode where cart man goes balistic.

And what was with that pregnant chick grinding it throughout the video?

TR0N

IMG

Joe Redifer

Have you guys seen this? It's TurboGrafx/PCE-related!

The Blue Girl

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/21/2014, 03:00 PMHave you guys seen this? It's TurboGrafx/PCE-related!
After 4 minutes I was going to stop, but I just let I play whilst working and BAM! It took a turn I wasn't expecting and I asked myself, "How many folks will get to this point—the payoff?"

If he hadn't chosen excellent music, though, the video would have been pretty tedious. Thank goodness he chose the tracks he did.

SotB.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 06/21/2014, 03:51 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/21/2014, 03:00 PMHave you guys seen this? It's TurboGrafx/PCE-related!
After 4 minutes I was going to stop, but I just let I play whilst working and BAM! It took a turn I wasn't expecting and I asked myself, "How many folks will get to this point—the payoff?"

If he hadn't chosen excellent music, though, the video would have been pretty tedious. Thank goodness he chose the tracks he did.

SotB.  :pcgs:
Yeah jump a little over seven minutes into it and you finally get the point of the posting

Sadler

That was super cool. I even dug his story of first getting his Duo. I'm guessing a lot of us have similar memories. His art was very well done.

I wonder if he's familiar with the other blue girl:-"

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Sadler link=msg=354611 date=1403381547 :wink:That was super cool. I even dug his story of first getting his Duo. I'm guessing a lot of us have similar memories. His art was very well done.

If he isn't you Gould make him aware  :evil:

HailingTheThings

That was fun I enjoyed the YS music.

Quote from: Sadler on 06/21/2014, 04:12 PMThat was super cool. I even dug his story of first getting his Duo. I'm guessing a lot of us have similar memories. His art was very well done.

Ew. lol
IMG

SuperPlay

TR0N

Bithead has a thing for Feena doesn't he  :roll:
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: SuperPlay on 06/22/2014, 03:17 AMTHE NEWSFIELD YEARS
A young Julian Rignall. I'll have to watch this after work one night. I didn't know who he was until I started reading Retro Gamer mag.

esteban

Someone here posted this a few moons ago and I watched it then. I quite enjoyed it. I have spent the last decade+ slowly learning about the UK microcomputer scene and all of these publications. They are enjoyable to read.  :pcgs:

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 06/22/2014, 08:03 AM
Someone here posted this a few moons ago and I watched it then. I quite enjoyed it. I have spent the last decade+ slowly learning about the UK microcomputer scene and all of these publications. They are enjoyable to read.  :pcgs:
Interesting as it is a gaming magazine I never knew of...

In part because I was one year old when it was first published and more so because I don't live in the UK.

this is also for a computer I never owned know very little about apart from its existence and well the list goes on.

My take aways...

-for something that allowed teens to say what they wanted about up and coming games and have it molded slightly for viewing by the masses it was truly ahead of its time.  I can see why it was not a commercial success as they did not compromise their desire to inform the consumer of a good or rubbish game. What game company or potential ad space buyer will want to associate with a company that simply won't play ball.  Love it.

-the cover art.....this is like eye candy for me.  Very Remenisent of what Heavy Metal was, and other magazine art from the 80s and early 90s that makes me want to get the magazines to display on my wall....

I'll be on the look out for some of my favorit covers .....

http://www.crashonline.org.uk/misc/covers.htm

Mathius

The UK microcomputer scene is very fascinating. The Z (pronounced "Zed")X Spectrum did so much with so little. The C64's SID chip had so many epic tunes on it. And the Amstrad CPC was somewhere in between. And these are just the main three. There are so many more of historical note that it'll make your head spin.

HailingTheThings

IMG

NecroPhile

I lacked the patience to sit through the twenty minutes, but the end product was pretty cool.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Otaking

Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Otaking

1998 Street Fighter Alpha 3 world championship

Otaking

Quote from: Mathius on 06/22/2014, 09:10 PM
The UK microcomputer scene is very fascinating. The Z (pronounced "Zed")X Spectrum did so much with so little. The C64's SID chip had so many epic tunes on it. And the Amstrad CPC was somewhere in between. And these are just the main three. There are so many more of historical note that it'll make your head spin.
If you're interested in the 80s UK computer scene you should watch Micro Men

BigusSchmuck

Mathius

New game room tour. Thanks to everyone here who made this possible.

HailingTheThings

IMG

Nando

NecroPhile

Such big metallic flakes and so glossy..... it's like a bass boat.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

IMG

xcrement5x

Herp de Derp

I find this song incredibly catchy, and it reflects a fair percentage of my interaction with the opposite sex for almost all of high school at least.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Nando

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2014, 05:35 PMSuch big metallic flakes and so glossy..... it's like a bass boat.
BAM!

lol

NightWolve

Worst Movie Scenes of All Time: Episode 6

This was voted in a list of most terrible scenes that should've been deleted, but c'mon, an angry, killer exploding parakeet is part of what made Freddy/Nightmare on Elmstreet great! :P

Dicer

Quote from: Nando on 06/26/2014, 05:17 PMThat should take care of the yellowing.

Custom silver metallic SNES with cartridge slot mod
Pretty much what I had in mind for my Duo, and a cyclon LED.

NightWolve

The Blue Girl
Oh wow, that's the guy (Bithead1000) we linked in the Gouging thread who played a gag on a shady, lowballer he called up from Craigslist wanting to buy used games on the cheap. Ha, he was a big Ys fan, who would've thought!!

I see from the comments he contacted you to share this, that's cool. I love the quirks, "I was king cock of the block, I had the Turbo Duo! I had the latest and greatest baby, super CD powah!!!" He also likes to use "flabbergasted" which for whatever reason amuses me. Heh-heh.

Anyway, quite the payoff, that there is a hardcore Ys fan with impressive artistic ability! Good share!

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Nando on 06/23/2014, 10:53 AMStop motion animation

Gundam & Knightmare stop motion : Code Geass 鋼彈&反叛的魯路修 停格動畫
Wow. Wow.

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/27/2014, 11:09 PMWorst Movie Scenes of All Time: Episode 6

This was voted in a list of most terrible scenes that should've been deleted, but c'mon, an angry, killer exploding parakeet is part of what made Freddy/Nightmare on Elmstreet great! :P
100% agree with you! This scene rules because it's taking a normally innocuous creature (cute parakeet pet) to the point of absurdity.

Plus, the final theory of ol' pops (firecracker)  suggests that he thinks his son is a sick f&ck. Wrongfully accused of such a sadistic act, the son can't help but feel upset. That's the formula for quickly establishing the father-son relationship.