@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Thats who this system came from so I suspect Ive already acquired all his dupes.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

My first LD-ROM2 arrived yesterday: Quiz Econosaurus.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/26/2014, 09:44 PMI have occasionally seen extra controllers but again not often.
There's a couple new boxed controllers on eBay; looks like they've been there for a while, as nobody thinks they're worth $50.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/27/2014, 09:55 AMMy first LD-ROM2 arrived yesterday: Quiz Econosaurus.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/26/2014, 09:44 PMI have occasionally seen extra controllers but again not often.
There's a couple new boxed controllers on eBay; looks like they've been there for a while, as nobody thinks they're worth $50.
ROMROM Love! 

Enjoy the Engrish :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 06/24/2014, 10:36 AMBrowsing CDs I saw and had to pick up copies of Use Your Illusion I & II from Guns N Roses when I saw them cheap.  The drive for nostalgia was so great that I've been rocking out in my car ever since.
I have the first one since it came out and the better, prior album, Appetite for Destruction. This is from ancient times in my life when I actually used to buy music CDs on rare occasion (radio suited me fine). ;) Too bad they split on a pretty sour/petty note; Axle refused to show for induction into the rock'n'roll hall of fame or whatever. Bernie's still a real big fan too BTW.

nectarsis

LOVING gift cards (Planet of the Apes et is BluRay as well)  :dance: :dance:

/20140625_200256_zpszkofm6qh.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

ToyMachine78

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/29/2014, 10:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/24/2014, 10:36 AMBrowsing CDs I saw and had to pick up copies of Use Your Illusion I & II from Guns N Roses when I saw them cheap.  The drive for nostalgia was so great that I've been rocking out in my car ever since.
I have the first one since it came out and the better, prior album, Appetite for Destruction. This is from ancient times in my life when I actually used to buy music CDs on rare occasion (radio suited me fine). ;) Too bad they split on a pretty sour/petty note; Axle refused to show for induction into the rock'n'roll hall of fame or whatever. Bernie's still a real big fan too BTW.
.   Appetite is one of the best rock albums ever recorded. Its great from front to back with no filler bullshit. Its just great gritty sleazy rock goodness, and I love the heavy blues inspired guitar riffs. Slash and Izzy were great.

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 06/30/2014, 01:34 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 06/29/2014, 10:21 PM
.   Appetite is one of the best rock albums ever recorded. Its great from front to back with no filler bullshit. Its just great gritty sleazy rock goodness, and I love the heavy blues inspired guitar riffs. Slash and Izzy were great.
After getting these two for a couple bucks and rocking out in my car for the last week or so I really want to find a copy of Appetite at the thrift too.  I rarely buy CDs myself anymore, but when I find something good and cheap it's a no brainer. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/30/2014, 01:23 PMLOVING gift cards (Planet of the Apes et is BluRay as well)  :dance: :dance:
*notices you purchased the newest BB on Vita then high fives*
IMG

Nando

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/30/2014, 01:23 PMLOVING gift cards (Planet of the Apes et is BluRay as well)  :dance: :dance:

/20140625_200256_zpszkofm6qh.jpg
I want a Vita and all them fighting games!

Medic_wheat

Okay I didn't buy this but it is a really cool find.

So I go to throw out the trash since I have company coming and the appartment is looking a little Bachlers padish .....the wife is spending the week with family so I have the run of the house.    Meaning it better look clean before she gets back lol....

Well I toss the bag in the dumpster and what do I see sitting next to a bent up bike?

Why a original Xbox in box.  I snatch that up and walk back to the apartment..

I open the box and it has a minty system packing foam power cord av cables and S controller.....

Score.....

I plug it in and the system boots up and has a DVD of stand by me...

I grab a Xbox game slide it in and....it can't read the disk.......

I'd try another game but they are all in boxes in storage...

I am sure it is an easy fix, but I can now at lest try out a Xbox I got from Goodwill a few months ago (no cables or anything) for $6 ....hopefully that one works but I'll have to hit up the storage unit tommarow.

Even though the system isn't working I now have a box and cables/controller. 

Pics to follow.

Okay edited the confusing xoxo and iTunes part.....I dont' know why but my auto text be it my iPd or my phone I was using yesterday likes to really jack with my posting.

jtucci31

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2014, 07:51 PMWhy a original Xbox xoxoxo.  I snatch that up and walk back to the apartment..

I open iTunes and it has a minty system packing foam power cord av cables and S controller.....
You open iTunes? And then xbox...? I'm confused.

Either way, that's pretty cool! Free stuff is always nice

HailingTheThings

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2014, 08:14 PMYou open iTunes? And then xbox...? I'm confused.

Either way, that's pretty cool! Free stuff is always nice
I edited my original post.  The whole xoxo, and iTunes just appeared there...

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/02/2014, 01:08 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2014, 07:51 PMthe wife is spending the week with family
So she says.
lol...well at lest I didn't type "the wide" this time.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/02/2014, 09:18 AMlol...well at lest I didn't type "the wide" this time.
I suppose.
IMG

MrFlutterPie

/0xMKAaV.jpg
/upXXm2t.jpg
/Gnj7mJS.jpg

Tis was a good day.  Everything was $8 and under  :D

InfraMan

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/03/2014, 11:45 PM/Gnj7mJS.jpg

Tis was a good day.  Everything was $8 and under  :D
Very nice... Growl is one of my favorite "bad" games. 8)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: InfraMan on 07/04/2014, 01:16 AMVery nice... Growl is one of my favorite "bad" games. 8)
That game looks terrible, kinda wanna play it. lol
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Whoa back the trolley up here.  Who says Growl is a "bad" game?

I always herd it was decent and different.  I played it and the first screen you pick up a rocket launcher and start blasting bad guys only to pick up a AK-47 the next screen and mow some more bad guys down.

The game is great.  It's a solid beat em up that uses a ton of weapons including guns (not seen as often in traditional beat em ups) I love when I run out of ammo you still use your gun as a club so it's still helpful. 

I know the story is a bit silly but the gameplay is great!

jeffhlewis

Growl has a Zuntata soundtrack, so there's that.

It's not a terrible game for the era, just laughably ridiculous in an Engrish sort of way. Plus the plotline is total 90's environmental cornball stuff.

xcrement5x

Yeah, I personally enjoyed Growl quite a bit.  A decent Genesis version as well all things considered.

HailingTheThings

Okay not terrible, less than amazing? Yess? Hmm-hmm?
IMG

esteban

GROWL provides some entertainment. Play it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

I joined the X68K XVI club recently thanks to a really awesome member here :D
It's a maxed out system with compact flash and midi. I also got a PS/2 keyboard adapter, pc engine pad hacked and CM-300 midi module with it. It's such an awesome system and I'm loving it so far. I had the oppertunity on this computer that I couldn't pass up so finally took the plunge. I already had a NEC XM29 monitor so using this system in the US has been very easy for me as the XM can switch from VGA to low res automatically.
Still figuring this out and exploring the library of games. There's so many nice shooters and it's a real treat to play them all on original hardware!
IMG
IMG

jtucci31

I'm super jealous! That thing looks awesome as shit

TheClash603

Damn...  that looks VERY nice!

Medic_wheat

That simply looks ALL kinds of sexy

Opethian

IMG

jeffhlewis

Twin Tower is boss...I love my compact but it just doesn't look as cool.

NecroPhile

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/07/2014, 11:50 AMHeh, I see Mecha King Ghidora wants teh peke.
He's got a kinda "This is a fancy looking toilet, hmm.." face going on.
IMG

bob

I will never be fortunate enough to own one of those, so I settled for these.
Almost a fair comparison.

/jim.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 07/07/2014, 06:22 PMI will never be fortunate enough to own one of those, so I settled for these.
/jim.jpg
One of these days I need to pick up a CIB earthworm Jim...as my current one has no liable from the thrift stoe I bought it from and instead I put a "hello my name is" label on it and wrote in earthworm Jim....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/07/2014, 06:53 PMinstead I put a "hello my name is" label on it and wrote in earthworm Jim....
That's actually kinda funny. Also, should pick up the Sega CD and Saturn Versions.
IMG

NecroPhile

IMG

Mecha King Ghidora disapproves of PekeyCyborgs lack of OBEY.  :mrgreen:

('tis a day late and a dollar short, but better late than never)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2014, 10:41 AMIMG

Mecha King Ghidora disapproves of PekeyCyborgs lack of OBEY.  :mrgreen:

:lol: the animation is hilarious
Actually they are side by side right now enjoying each others company. The X68k even borrowed a controller from the pce :D
IMG

Nando

Quote from: galam on 07/07/2014, 06:22 PMI will never be fortunate enough to own one of those, so I settled for these.
/jim.jpg
The colors on the Monster Party game label always stood out, I've never actually played the game. Is it any good?

Medic_wheat

Monster party is a fun colorfull game.

It is still easy to find below $20 and is highly enjoyable....

I like that there are still MANY games that can be had for under $30 bucks that are worthy to have ....

I never really got people who collect games just to say they have a complete set....lpersonaly I'd rather have 50 games that are 100% fun/win then 700 NES games ..

Nando

Awesome. Gonna have to check it out.

HailingTheThings

Adorbs!

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/08/2014, 06:37 PMMonster party is a fun colorfull game.
Seconded. Definitely check it out. Just wish that whoever has the JP prototype would dump it online already so everyone can play the uncut ver.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/08/2014, 10:55 PM
Adorbs!

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/08/2014, 06:37 PMMonster party is a fun colorfull game.
Seconded. Definitely check it out. Just wish that whoever has the JP prototype would dump it online already so everyone can play the uncut ver.
With our luck who ever has it doesn't know what they got

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/08/2014, 10:57 PM
Adorbs!

They know alright, it was up for auction.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/08/2014, 11:36 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/08/2014, 10:57 PM
Quote from: guest link=msg=357199 date=/quote]
Adorbs!

They know alright, it was up for auction.
Oh really. That I didn't know....I had heard of this proto uncensored (and possibly more cohesive story) but at the time I thought there were maybe two or three screen shots of it, and a much more horror tone intro attract screen.

If this gets released as a rom that would be amazing....on more rom for the masses in the vein of mother 1 and that dreamcast game that eludes me

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/08/2014, 11:24 AMActually they are side by side right now enjoying each others company. The X68k even borrowed a controller from the pce :D
IMG
My goal in life is to one day have X68 with flash, LaserActive + a neighbor with the entire library of games!

I WILL NEVER ACHIEVE THESE GOALS.

I will, however, cry bitter tears of jealousy right now.

Bitter.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cabbage

didn't buy it today, but recently enough... i was playing on it today anyway

/samsat001.jpg

bob

Quote from: Nando on 07/08/2014, 07:22 PMAwesome. Gonna have to check it out.
It is a fun game.  This is one of the games I rented a number of times, but never bought it as a kid.
I have been on a search for it, but I refused to pony up more than $3, and I finally found it for $2.
EWJ (complete/perfect shape) was a 5 spot.  Really broke the bank for that one.

xcrement5x

Quote from: cabbage on 07/09/2014, 10:19 AMdidn't buy it today, but recently enough... i was playing on it today anyway
/samsat001.jpg
Korean Saturn?!

cabbage you find the coolest things

Opethian

IMG

cabbage

Quote from: Opethian on 07/09/2014, 11:02 AMKorean Saturn is best saturn
It's true... because of the 110/220v switching power supply ;)

This one has a mod chip, so it's my daily player for the time being.

xcrement5x

IMG
2014-07-09 Pickups; Random Crap Edition by xcrement5x, on Flickr

All sorts of random crap I'd ordered just landed on my doorstep today!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 case insert and manual for the DS

Capcom Classics Collection Dual Pack for the PSP. This is a really friggin' uncommon game. In fact, most of the Capcom Dual pack releases for the PSP are hard to locate. I got a good price on this one at auction.

Sega PODs Game. I'm a sucker for Sega crap, and these went super cheap (I actually paid more for shipping than the item itself) so I had no regrets. This time in the 90s when Sega was trying to branch out from just video games to other kids stuff is a fun an weird era to dig through. The packaging on this is similar to all the Pico games as well.