Bubble Bobble

Started by soop, 02/06/2012, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Yes, a ROM would be the most appropriate overall since it's going to be a port.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Aladar

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
Ok, no SuperGrafx exclusive.

Quote from: Nando on 04/29/2013, 12:35 PMAny screenshots?
I doubt you'll see something before months...

Nando

Quote from: Aladar on 04/29/2013, 03:19 PMThanks for all the replies and suggestions.
Ok, no SuperGrafx exclusive.

Quote from: Nando on 04/29/2013, 12:35 PMAny screenshots?
I doubt you'll see something before months...
Well, looking forward to them.

Coincidentally enough I've been drooling over the Saturn's version and boy is it eye candy and then some.
THE COLORS!!

Marll

I'd totally play me some Bubble Bobble on the TG.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Nando

I would be down to help on some pixel art, if u want the help.

VenomMacbeth

I'm surprised Bubble Bobble isn't already on the PCE.  Nearly every other Taito game is.  :|
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/11/2013, 09:47 AMI'm surprised Bubble Bobble isn't already on the PCE.  Nearly every other Taito game is.  :|
It was too ancient at the time. The Mark III already had a seemingly pixel perfect port.

What the PCE should have gotten is Bubble Symphony.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2013, 12:52 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/11/2013, 09:47 AMI'm surprised Bubble Bobble isn't already on the PCE.  Nearly every other Taito game is.  :|
It was too ancient at the time. The Mark III already had a seemingly pixel perfect port.

Bubble Memories
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

CrackTiger

Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/11/2013, 01:31 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/11/2013, 12:52 PM

Bubble Memories
It would have been the lone PCE release of 1997. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Bubble Memories
RASTAN.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: esteban on 05/11/2013, 02:42 PM

Bubble Memories
RASTAN.
Yes!!! I'd be down for doing some redbook for this one! :)
IMG

soop

This is music to my pants.  Trouser jazz.

I too would prefer a Hu Card release, because of that bootlegger guy selling shit, and also so I'd be able to play on my GT.

However, the most important important thing to me are:
256 x 224 resolution (shouldn't be a problem)
accurate bubble background flow
accurate secrets

As long as it's accurate as possible, I'd go for any format necessary, but I would prefer Hu Card over SCD/SGX.

But yeah, trouser jazz :D
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

saturndual32

I would also prefer a Hu Card release just to see the original PCE format kick ass. But we all understand that CD is the easier format to handle. Definitely not on the Supergrafx since this isnt a game that would really show what it could do.
But at the end of the day, whatever format is chosen would be cool with me, as long as there is Bubble Bobble on PCE!

Nighttrate

Did anyone start or complete a port of this game?

Aladar

Update:
bubbles routines, collisions(slave Z80 code) and various other things are now converted into HuC6280 assembly.
Currently I'm working on enemies routines.
The first version will be for SuperGrafx then PC Engine(HuCard and maybe CD-ROM but I can change my mind).

seieienbu

Glad to hear that you're still at it!  Good luck and god speed.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bardoly

Any new update for the new year?

Aladar

Update:
Pulpul, Monsta and Skel-Monsta/Rascal code is done.
Currently I'm working on player routines and various other things.
The SuperGrafx version is dead.
I hope to get a playable demo for this summer.

In the meantime you can play Bubble Bobble Lost Cave.

esadajr

great news! keep it up man
Gaming since 1985

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 05/11/2013, 02:42 PM

Bubble Memories
RASTAN.
FUCK YEAH!!!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Aladar

Now I have enough code for an incomplete but playable version.
In the next few days I will try to compile all, however I expect a lot of errors... fingers crossed! [-o&lt;

Nando

Awesome! You can do eet!

esteban

Quote from: Aladar on 07/17/2014, 12:49 PMNow I have enough code for an incomplete but playable version.
In the next few days I will try to compile all, however I expect a lot of errors... fingers crossed! [-o&lt;
:pcgs:

You will persevere.

Aladar

First successful compilation:
IMG IMG

Nando

Nighttrate

will this be 2 player ?

elderbroom

Very cool, chiming in here as to track this discussion as it progresses.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

FiftyQuid

Damn.  That is sweet.  Love me the Bobble.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bonq

Nice Screenies thanks for positing 'em.

Please keep us posted on any future progress.

-bonq

esteban

Aladar

touko

Great, i like it  :wink:

Mishran

Would be great to see an Abcard version in the future or even a CD with red book would be nice. Looks like a major part of the engine is more or less complete. Only thing I noticed missing was the water flow and the flames. Truly awesome. Thanks for making this possible, even if only as a download.

roflmao

spenoza

You should be very proud of the hard work you have put into this. Are you going for arcade authenticity, or have you considered upgrading the graphics a little?

munchiaz

megatron-uk

Very impressive! Any chance of implementing the classic Bubble Bobble music at some point in the future?

niknice

You're doing a good job Aladar :) Looking forward to the PC Engines's rendition of the chip tune.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nighttrate

Aladar your a genius mate this is defo one of the games missing from the PCE / Turbo collection keep up the good work my friend & i look forward to the release.

esteban

johnnymad

There's no music in the video, yet I still have that catchy (annoying) song stuck in my head. Thanks! Guess I've played way too much Bubble Bobble.

Nighttrate

The tune is catchy I wonder why this was skipped as a release for the PCE seeing as the NES had a port

How long till we mortals get to play it on the PCE / TG16?

Any one got a ETA?

johnnymad

Nintendo didn't allow third party companies to develop games for other systems. They would have stopped doing business with Taito if they did a port.

shubibiman

Taito developped games for the PCE. And third party editors such as NEC Avenue also used to convert Sega or Taito games for the PCE ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

johnnymad

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/14/2014, 02:04 AMTaito developped games for the PCE. And third party editors such as NEC Avenue also used to convert Sega or Taito games for the PCE ;)
Fair enough. Still learning the history. I know Nintendo did bully a lot of companies from releasing games developed for them onto other systems though. ;)

spenoza

Quote from: johnnymad on 08/14/2014, 09:29 AM
Quote from: shubibiman on 08/14/2014, 02:04 AMTaito developped games for the PCE. And third party editors such as NEC Avenue also used to convert Sega or Taito games for the PCE ;)
Fair enough. Still learning the history. I know Nintendo did bully a lot of companies from releasing games developed for them onto other systems though. ;)
And that bullying did have some major effects, but it didn't stop everyone, and I think it was more effective in the US than in Japan. Hell, Hudson continue to develop for Nintendo even as they were a co-conspirator with the PC Engine.

johnnymad

I'm sure it's because Nintendo knew Hudson would release a swarm of killer bees into their office I they tried to mess with them. They had a bee in their logo for a reason...

Aladar

Added Zen-Chan and Banebou.
IMG IMG

Nighttrate

Quote from: Aladar on 08/18/2014, 12:16 PMAdded Zen-Chan and Banebou.
IMG IMG
Now your just showing of lol, when you going to stop teasing & let us have a go?