OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

PET PEEVE: I'm actually very mellow and only get dramatic about trivial shite. I ABHOR FOLKS WHO DO NOT SAY "EHNN eeee essss" and "esss EHNN eeeee esssss" etc. etc. 

It's "esss EHNN Kay" (SNK), not Snookie.
It's "esss EHNN eeeee esssss" (SNES), not "snehhhhhssssssssss" or some other cripe.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 08/24/2014, 06:10 PMPET PEEVE: I'm actually very mellow and only get dramatic about trivial shite. I ABHOR FOLKS WHO DO NOT SAY "EHNN eeee essss" and "esss EHNN eeeee esssss" etc. etc. 

It's "esss EHNN eeeee esssss" (SNES), not "snehhhhhssssssssss" or some other cripe.
HAHA! Couldn't agree more. The first time I heard the Happy Video Game Nerd say "SNES" instead of "S-N-E-S" it rubbed me wrong. I love the guy, and I even caught myself doing it lately, but this needs to end. I haven't even watched the video yet and I am already annoyed.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 08/24/2014, 06:18 PMI haven't even watched the video yet and I am already annoyed.
So am I, goddammit!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 08/24/2014, 06:10 PMPET PEEVE: I'm actually very mellow and only get dramatic about trivial shite. I ABHOR FOLKS WHO DO NOT SAY "EHNN eeee essss" and "esss EHNN eeeee esssss" etc. etc. 

IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/24/2014, 05:42 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 08/23/2014, 03:16 AMCastlevania Retrospective Part 2 - 16-bit days
Pretty good, I should check out the Mega Drive version some time along with that X68000 version he highlighted.

Yeah, like Joe is alluding to, the narrator of the video (Steven Kelly) pronounces SNES as "Snazzz." ;)
I don't know why but in europe that's how they pronounce it,ps don't ask me why  :-s The md version of castlevaina is good for being a traditional one.Beside it having some of the best music for the console.

My favorite track from the game.
Castlevania Bloodlines Music - The sinking old sactuary
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 08/25/2014, 03:30 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 08/23/2014, 03:16 AMCastlevania Retrospective Part 2 - 16-bit days
Pretty good, I should check out the Mega Drive version some time along with that X68000 version he highlighted.

Yeah, like Joe is alluding to, the narrator of the video (Steven Kelly) pronounces SNES as "Snazzz." ;)
I don't know why but in europe that's how they pronounce it,ps don't ask me why  :-s The md version of castlevaina is good for a traditional one.Beside it having some of the best music for the console.

Bloodlines is so good, and so underrated. It also has an amazing score

Mathius

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/25/2014, 12:54 PM

I don't know why but in europe that's how they pronounce it,ps don't ask me why  :-s The md version of castlevaina is good for a traditional one.Beside it having some of the best music for the console.

I was either watching a vid or reading an article where the author mentioned in passing, "That Horrible Genesis Castlevania" or something to that effect. Not sure which Genesis Castlevania he was playing. It has its quirks but even compared to its Castlevania siblings the game holds up nicely.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Mathius on 08/25/2014, 01:23 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 08/25/2014, 12:54 PM

I was either watching a vid or reading an article where the author mentioned in passing, "That Horrible Genesis Castlevania" or something to that effect. Not sure which Genesis Castlevania he was playing. It has its quirks but even compared to its Castlevania siblings the game holds up nicely.
You sure it wasn't the Watch Out For Fireballs podcast? Those guys are card carrying, Nintendo-circle-jerking SNERDs

Mathius

^^I have never heard of that podcast. Sounds like I'm not missing anything. I feel sorry for people who are blinded by brand loyalty. Seriously. There is so much to love in this wonderfully varied hobby of ours. SNES, MD, PC Engine, NES, SMS, the list goes on forever.

Sadler

Quote from: Mathius on 08/25/2014, 08:15 PM^^I have never heard of that podcast. Sounds like I'm not missing anything. I feel sorry for people who are blinded by brand loyalty. Seriously. There is so much to love in this wonderfully varied hobby of ours. SNES, MD, PC Engine, NES, SMS, the list goes on forever.
I actually really enjoy Watch Out for Fireballs and I haven't gotten the impression they are SNES fanboys. I'm curious what episodes led to that conclusion.

Ayce

The Video Game Years 1985 pt 1.
If you've not watched the show before you might want to check it out.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Sadler on 08/25/2014, 08:43 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/25/2014, 08:15 PM^^I have never heard of that podcast. Sounds like I'm not missing anything. I feel sorry for people who are blinded by brand loyalty. Seriously. There is so much to love in this wonderfully varied hobby of ours. SNES, MD, PC Engine, NES, SMS, the list goes on forever.
I actually really enjoy Watch Out for Fireballs and I haven't gotten the impression they are SNES fanboys. I'm curious what episodes led to that conclusion.
Their episode on hardware is what killed it for me. The show definitely has good moments but when they get tons of facts wrong and dismiss entire libraries of games as shit without giving reasons why (besides "OMG NINTENDO RULES" kind of stuff) I can't take them seriously.

HailingTheThings

IMG

MrFulci

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/30/2014, 06:21 PM....
I dislike, "professional" wrestling. Male Soap Opera...
But! !n Al Bundy intro! 30 sec or so! Mentioning Papa Shango, I can tolerate.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/30/2014, 06:28 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/30/2014, 06:21 PM....
I dislike, "professional" wrestling. Male Soap Opera...
But! !n Al Bundy intro! 30 sec or so! Mentioning Papa Shango, I can tolerate.
I'm not into wrasslin' just threw up the video because I thought it was funny what Billy Corgan has become. Still like the old Pumpkins' tunes.
IMG

esteban

MrFulci

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 08/30/2014, 07:19 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/30/2014, 06:21 PM
WTF?!
WTF as in "I can't believe Billy Corgan did that commercial?"

Or that Billy Corgan founded a wrestling organization?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance_Pro

He's crazy.
IMG

esteban

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 08/31/2014, 06:34 AMALL OF THE ABOVE.
Best answer. I want to meet him, have some questions. lol
IMG

elderbroom

Happy Console Gamer talks Turbo Grafx 16
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

Joe Redifer

Metal Jesus talks TurboGrafx-16

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/31/2014, 08:04 PMMetal Jesus talks TurboGrafx-16
Finally something on his channel worth watching!!! So tired of all the hidden gems, box art, and pick up bs vids. Metal Jesus here with another boring run through of the 36 games I got this week. Makes listening to Pat and Ian bitch seem like a treat.

Thank GOD for GAMESACK!!!! All those other shows can suck my gamesack!

:P

HailingTheThings

That video was kinda meh, Metal Jeebers' guest seemed 'tarded. just a tad. I'm sure he's tryin', though.

Here's a fun video. Scandal! Scandal!
Old news, but yeah.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: elderbroom on 08/31/2014, 07:48 PMHappy Console Gamer talks Turbo Grafx 16
I needed to fall asleep last night and watched this. He repeats himself over and over and over. I am annoyed he doesn't have rear cover on TG-16.

I like that he was a fan of TG-16 upon launch, and his experiences match my own (only a handful of folks had TG-16).

This was actually WAY better than HappyConsumerGameboy's TG-16 video (above).

Far from perfect, of course, but at least Metal Jesus provided some info for newbies (introductory). That said, I concur with Galam's reaction (posted in another thread) about how weak content is from a lot of the popular YouTube folks.

PukeSter

Eminem- The Real Slim Shady music video

He's my favorite rapper.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 10:47 PMEminem- The Real Slim Shady music video

He's my favorite rapper member of the Illuminati.
fixed.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/01/2014, 01:19 AM
That video was kinda meh, Metal Jeebers' guest seemed 'tarded. just a tad. I'm sure he's tryin', though.

Here's a fun video. Scandal! Scandal!
Old news, but yeah.
Yeah when I found out about this I must have spent 3 hours just reading up on it and getting as much information about it as possible.

I didn't find out mind you until Pat did a mini video about it.  Seems his co-host feels it is all LIES LIES!...and just an angry ex boyfriend trying to make things up...or something...maybe he is friends with the girl in question....

in any case after reading what the ex posted he did come off a bit obbsessive but honestly I think it was just a reflection of how used he felt as a pawn to furthure a game developer's wants to become high profile in the video game industry........

also that guy who devleoped Fez's reactions are priceless.....lol........

Neorebel

DEATH IN JUNE - BEHIND THE MASK PART 1

bob

jtucci31

I was waiting for this to pop up here. I liked when they gave them the nes and told them to figure it out and make it work.

johnnymad

A former fifth grade student of mine called the NES a "Nintendo Machine." Sure that video has similar statements.

esteban

Quote from: Neorebel on 09/05/2014, 12:58 AM
DEATH IN JUNE - BEHIND THE MASK PART 1
I'll have to watch part 2 now.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2014, 12:00 AMI was waiting for this to pop up here. I liked when they gave them the nes and told them to figure it out and make it work.
I like how the ones bashing the NES for being old all wore their hat backwards like they invented that look

Psycho Punch

Quote from: galam on 09/08/2014, 10:23 PMTEENS REACT TO NINTENDO (NES)
People have an easily browsed and nicely indexed Knowledge Database, with rich content from all areas, in the palm of their hands, and yet no one seems to care to search more about what they don't know about, like the girl with a NES pad phone case who didn't knew what it represented...
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2014, 09:13 PM
People have an easily browsed and nicely indexed Knowledge Database, with rich content from all areas, in the palm of their hands, and yet no one seems to care to search more about what they don't know about, like the girl with a NES pad phone case who didn't knew what it represented...
I found that humoras and frustrating as well.

Okay you go and have something on your iphone case....you feel it is cool or represents someting...it in a way represents YOU as you use it for individuality.

BUT you don't bother to even check what it means, or represents? 

It's like when people go and get a tattoo and don't bother to research if that chinese symbol for HOPE doesn't really mean chicken soup

or gives you the feeling that the person wearing a particular symbol or logo is being a poser with no connection ties or interest to what it means...

they just wear it because it is cool or cute.

TR0N

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
MIKE TYSON'S PUNCH-OUT!! (Teens React: Retro Gaming)
IMG

MrFulci

I skimmed through parts of this video, watched maybe half the run time. I caught that phone case comment.

I have seen this many times over the years. I recall seeing a few times, once in 2003 or so? another in 2005 or 2006 or so. Some company, that teens and early twenties shopped at, were selling, "Vintage look" shirts for rock bands. I couldn't keep to myself, and asked one girl, wearing a logo of the Rolling Stones' toungue hanging out logo if she liked Rolling Stones. I already knew she probably ahd no idea about the band. She replied, "Huh"? I mentioned, "The logo, on your shirt." She had no idea it had to do with the Rolling Stones.

Another, was waiting somewhere for something, I also could not keep to myself, as I knew this 18 year old probably did not know the band he was wearing a shirt of. I think he was wearing a t-shirt for Led Zeppelin? REO Speedwagon? Foghat? I forget, but I asked the guy, "so, you like __________'s music?" He just kinda looked down, and said, "Yeah...." An older person nearby started smirking, I left it alone, as I wasn't trying to make the kid feel bad.

Another time, fitting with the handle I use here, I was getting rid of some old shirts. I had a promo T-shirt from Media Blasters, when they released Zombi 2 on DVD. I wasn't going to wear it, so I asked someone if they wanted it, and he said he knew of someone whose kid would like it, since he liked Zombies, and Zombies are now the hot thing. I mentioned to him it's going to be a bit poserish and silly for him to walk around in a shirt for a movie he knows nothing about. That guy then asked if I could copy a DVD of it for him, I told him no, that guy's kid can track down the movie himself, if he wants.

There is a lot of this stuff out there. Usually, with younger people going for older things that they know nothing about, other than it's retro, vintage, whatever. It's been going on for years. This, "Retro" stuff is marketed direct to these younger folk. I've seen it at department stores, the t-shirts with vintage rock bands on them, the younger people buying them probably haven't heard much from before.

About the only thing similar I recall doing, when I was younger, a friend of my parents gave them a poster for the movie, "Grizzly" in the late 80s. I'm not sure if they looked through some old posters he had, or if it turned up in a box of stuff. i don't know. I had not seen the movie, but I had it placed on my wall in my bedroom. I'm unsure what happened to that poster, I think it was eventually torn than trashed. It was crazy to look at when I was younger, that menacing Grizzly. When I was older I saw the movie, though.

Azzurri

Medic_wheat

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/11/2014, 06:08 PM
I skimmed through parts of this video, watched maybe half the run time. I caught that phone case comment.

I have seen this many times over the years. I recall seeing a few times, once in 2003 or so? another in 2005 or 2006 or so. Some company, that teens and early twenties shopped at, were selling, "Vintage look" shirts for rock bands. I couldn't keep to myself, and asked one girl, wearing a logo of the Rolling Stones' toungue hanging out logo if she liked Rolling Stones. I already knew she probably ahd no idea about the band. She replied, "Huh"? I mentioned, "The logo, on your shirt." She had no idea it had to do with the Rolling Stones.

Another, was waiting somewhere for something, I also could not keep to myself, as I knew this 18 year old probably did not know the band he was wearing a shirt of. I think he was wearing a t-shirt for Led Zeppelin? REO Speedwagon? Foghat? I forget, but I asked the guy, "so, you like __________'s music?" He just kinda looked down, and said, "Yeah...." An older person nearby started smirking, I left it alone, as I wasn't trying to make the kid feel bad.

Another time, fitting with the handle I use here, I was getting rid of some old shirts. I had a promo T-shirt from Media Blasters, when they released Zombi 2 on DVD. I wasn't going to wear it, so I asked someone if they wanted it, and he said he knew of someone whose kid would like it, since he liked Zombies, and Zombies are now the hot thing. I mentioned to him it's going to be a bit poserish and silly for him to walk around in a shirt for a movie he knows nothing about. That guy then asked if I could copy a DVD of it for him, I told him no, that guy's kid can track down the movie himself, if he wants.

There is a lot of this stuff out there. Usually, with younger people going for older things that they know nothing about, other than it's retro, vintage, whatever. It's been going on for years. This, "Retro" stuff is marketed direct to these younger folk. I've seen it at department stores, the t-shirts with vintage rock bands on them, the younger people buying them probably haven't heard much from before.

About the only thing similar I recall doing, when I was younger, a friend of my parents gave them a poster for the movie, "Grizzly" in the late 80s. I'm not sure if they looked through some old posters he had, or if it turned up in a box of stuff. i don't know. I had not seen the movie, but I had it placed on my wall in my bedroom. I'm unsure what happened to that poster, I think it was eventually torn than trashed. It was crazy to look at when I was younger, that menacing Grizzly. When I was older I saw the movie, though.
I know exactly what you mean. And I cant seem to be a ball buster at timws with these kids.

I'll freely admit that there are things before my time I like.

50s coke machines. I simply love the design and look. But coke a cola is pretty universal. And relivant.

Old roteray phones that weigh 20lbs that hang from the wall and have chrone.

But for much of what I like I research. I find it fun to look into things history.

Why is this desk type called tanker desk. And then I am off. 

If anything I love having access to such a wealth of usuless but interging knowledge.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Otaking

Thumb Candy - The history of computer games
:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

SuperPlay

SuperGrafx

I've been watching NHK's "Begin Japanology" series.
Youtube has (I think) almost all the episode.  Really interesting stuff...well worth checking out.

cr8zykuban0

I saw some gameplay on sonic exe. at the cge 2014, there was a booth selling repo games and one of them was sonic nightmare with a picture of sonic reaching his hand to you with dark red eyes and sharp teeth and is saying "I found you". the cover art alone scared the crap out of me. But the gameplay was worse than I can imagine. That game is very creppy and disturbing. very happy that my curiosity didn't get the best of me to pick this game up.

then I watched some game sack and I felt so much better lol

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SuperPlay

TR0N

IMG