OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Toymachine, make sure to sample both MIDI versions and the FM synth on Castlevania Chronicles. All three are required X68000 experiences. Skip the arranged soundtrack. You have to use a code to enable the sound options. At either title screen hold down R1, L1, Start, and Select until the options screen appears.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Mathius on 09/06/2014, 06:51 PMToymachine, make sure to sample both MIDI versions and the FM synth on Castlevania Chronicles. All three are required X68000 experiences. Skip the arranged soundtrack. You have to use a code to enable the sound options. At either title screen hold down R1, L1, Start, and Select until the options screen appears.
Awesome! Will do. Thank you sir! I saw there were options on the

Xssssssssss68000

Episode of Game Sack. I didn't know the option was available on the PS port. Thanks!

Sparky

A bunch of boxed Nintendo crap and some other good stuff....

IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2014, 09:22 PMA bunch of boxed Nintendo crap and some other good stuff....

IMG
Can I get that SNES jedi!? I need that to complete the trifecta :)

FiftyQuid

Have you played Rise of the Guardians?  I liked the movie.  It's on Netflix, so I'm interested in what the game might be like.  My son liked Rise as well.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

vexcollects

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2014, 09:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/06/2014, 09:22 PMA bunch of boxed Nintendo crap and some other good stuff....

IMG
Can I get that SNES jedi!? I need that to complete the trifecta :)
Sweet haul! I like the Solders of Fortune. Great box art.

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/02/2014, 09:56 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2014, 08:42 PMAren't you in East East East England?
I'm in New England.  True North strong and free!
Hmmm....Massachusetts?

No.  That's not True North.

Canada Dry.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sparky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/06/2014, 10:41 PMHave you played Rise of the Guardians?  I liked the movie.  It's on Netflix, so I'm interested in what the game might be like.  My son liked Rise as well.
Ya it's a pretty good game, 4 player so the whole family can get involved.
Santa sucks, you have to get him so close to the enemy to get hits but he is the one that gets it, The Easter bunny or the tooth fairy are the ones my kids use as they can strike from a distance. I got it for $15 so a good deal I think.

bob

ToyMachine78

VenomMacbeth

Ranger X is one of my favorite MD games.  If it had a story, I'd like it even more than Assault Suits Valken.  So awesome.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

I have heard good things of ranger x

Buck rodgers. Never heard of it I think.  Will need to look up gameplay.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/08/2014, 08:15 PMI have heard good things of ranger x

Buck rodgers. Never heard of it I think.  Will need to look up gameplay.
My friends and I played the Buck Rodgers table top RPG when it came out, as well as AD&D. We liked it so much that my friend bought the SSI game for PC. It was an awesome game! It was everything that made the gold box games great in a sci fi setting. It was a great translation of the table top game.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen thus far, the genesis version pales in comparison. The music is repetitive and uninspired, and the graphics are no where close to the PC.  But I'll reserve final judgement until I actually play through it.  As long as the story is engaging and the gameplay mechanics are fluid, it can still be very enjoyable.

xcrement5x

Last weekend I headed out to the Portland area for a friend of mine's wedding so while I was out there I did a bit of shopping and lots of walking around.

IMG
Portland Floating World Comics Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

This is from a really cool comics shop with lots of independent comics showcased as well.  I was really debating on picking up a copy of Haunter from Sam Alden but didn't really have $15 to drop on it so I grabbed a small compilation of some webcomics he had done instead.  I also grabbed a goofy sticker with a cat on it.  The DubbleBaby comics are pretty funny though, I wish there were more of them.

IMG
Ground Kontrol Arcade Portland - Pinball Machines by xcrement5x, on Flickr

After the comic shop I went by a retro themed arcade called Ground Kontrol.  They had lots of regular arcade stuff too, but what really stood out to me was the pretty nice selection of pinball machines, there were even more behind me and around the corner.  They cost 50 cents to play, but I didn't really mind since there were a lot of options there.

IMG
Portland Pickups from Video Game Wizards by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Ecco Jr [GEN]
Atomic Robo Kid [GEN]
Junction [GEN]

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain Hint Guide [PS1]

I picked all these up from a store in Portland I visited called Video Game Wizards.  Prices were a bit high compared to my normal purchasing habits, and if there was no price they looked it up online, but took about 25-30% off the ebay completed prices.  They also had a bit of Turbo stuff too, but nothing I needed or wanted.  I didn't mind splurging a bit since it's rare I buy from retail places.  The employees were really cool to talk with for a bit before I took off to catch my plane too.

Last but definitely not least, I had some random cheap things I had ordered from ebay that showed up:

IMG
Silhouette Mirage Mousepad & Surgical Strike MegaCD by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Silhouette Mirage Mousepad from Working Designs
Surgical Strike for the MegaCD

I got a new promo item to add to my Working Designs collection!  This was being sold by someone else I'd bought a couple items from and was a dang good deal compared to what other recent mousepads have been selling at, despite it being a bit faded.  Surgical Strike was also a steal of a deal compared to its actual value.  It was listed on ebay at auction and I was the only bidder so I got it very cheaply.  This was the last Sega published game for the MegaCD in Japan so it's quite uncommon, and in Japan it is one of the most expensive titles for the system.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BlueBMW

Where's Surgical Strike for the 32X CD? :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

tggodfrey

HyperNovaBlast for TG16/PCE

/10550991_10202707925201693_6992076607963710791_n.jpg
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Mathius

I am unfamiliar with that game, Terry. Is it a new homebrew release?

ToyMachine78

xcrement5x

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/10/2014, 02:27 PMWhere's Surgical Strike for the 32X CD? :)
Lol, I wish I could find a copy of that.  Now I just need a Mega-CD copy of Fahrenheit (at a reasonable price) and I will have most of the hard to find games out of the way!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2014, 08:17 PMCan't wait for October :)

IMG
Neither can I. It's nearly my favorite time of the year.

chany60126

Here are some of the things I have gotten in the past month.
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2014, 09:36 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/10/2014, 02:27 PMWhere's Surgical Strike for the 32X CD? :)
Lol, I wish I could find a copy of that.  Now I just need a Mega-CD copy of Fahrenheit (at a reasonable price) and I will have most of the hard to find games out of the way!
Ive heard speculation that it doesnt even exist but then Ive also heard that a few copies made it out.  Apparently there was a coupon in the manual for sega cd surgical strike that you could use to order a 32x version.  Either way it is quite rare if it even exists.  As far as fahrenheit... Isnt that also a hybrid cd / 32x cd game?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

A few things I got in the last few weeks.

Obey systems that I will eventually refurb.
IMG

Some flea market finds.
IMG
IMG

Newest addition to my transformers masterpiece collection, Prowl:)
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ToyMachine78

Wow Turbo. Looks like you are gonna be a busy man in the upcoming weeks!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DeshDildo

Quote from: turbokon on 09/11/2014, 08:46 AMA few things I got in the last few weeks.

IMG
Where are you finding these goods?  I've started to look for a possible PCE DUO replacement.  I really just need a main board.  I have one with issues I've had to Frankenstein.  I still will probably repair what I have I just would prefer to start with a less molested example.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2014, 10:19 AMWow Turbo. Looks like you are gonna be a busy man in the upcoming weeks!
It's pretty much all I'm doing now these days, either working on people systems or mine.  I always have something going on.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Quote from: Desh on 09/11/2014, 11:02 AM
Quote from: turbokon on 09/11/2014, 08:46 AMA few things I got in the last few weeks.

IMG
Where are you finding these goods?  I've started to look for a possible PCE DUO replacement.  I really just need a main board.  I have one with issues I've had to Frankenstein.  I still will probably repair what I have I just would prefer to start with a less molested example.
Units for spares part are hard to come by.  I haven't came across a unit that's totally unfixable yet.

www.tg16pcemods.com

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2014, 10:21 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/10/2014, 07:55 PMI am unfamiliar with that game, Terry. Is it a new homebrew release?
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17187.0

How'd you miss this?!?  :P
I rely on bookmarks/emails of threads that I have posted in mainly when I make my visits. I need to start perusing the forums properly again.

vexcollects

My first Sega Saturn import games arrived today. Layer Section and Detana Twinbee.

IMG

Mathius

^^Layer Section is my fave (I think) Saturn shootie. I still can't believe some people don't like the graphics in this game. It has some rockin' audio as well.

vexcollects

Quote from: Mathius on 09/11/2014, 09:25 PM^^Layer Section is my fave (I think) Saturn shootie. I still can't believe some people don't like the graphics in this game. It has some rockin' audio as well.
Just waiting to get my Action Replay cart so I can actually play it. :(

Mathius

Quote from: vexcollects on 09/11/2014, 09:37 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/11/2014, 09:25 PM^^Layer Section is my fave (I think) Saturn shootie. I still can't believe some people don't like the graphics in this game. It has some rockin' audio as well.
It'll be worth the wait. Play it in TATE mode if you can. :)

turbokon

Quote from: vexcollects on 09/11/2014, 08:58 PMMy first Sega Saturn import games arrived today. Layer Section and Detana Twinbee.

IMG
I have a Saturn but no game.  Looking for my first Saturn game.  Is Layer Section the same thing as Galactic Attack for the US?

www.tg16pcemods.com

vexcollects

Quote from: turbokon on 09/11/2014, 09:53 PM
Quote from: vexcollects on 09/11/2014, 08:58 PMMy first Sega Saturn import games arrived today. Layer Section and Detana Twinbee.

IMG
I have a Saturn but no game.  Looking for my first Saturn game.  Is Layer Section the same thing as Galactic Attack for the US?

Yep. Rayforce at the arcade too. 3 different names.

jeffhlewis

Layer Section is the best bang for buck for the Saturn, IMHO. Awesome game!

jtucci31

Quote from: vexcollects on 09/11/2014, 09:37 PM
Does Layer Section require a ram cartridge? I bought Layer Section as my first import Saturn game. But my Saturn had to get some repairs done so i haven't been able to play it yet :(

Medic_wheat

I am planing on getting elevator action returns as my next Saturn import in October.

But as far as imports go I have a crazy long list of import wants. Sigh.

Maybe we should make a Saturn thread where we can compile a import list for us newbie Saturn owners.

For import and us releases alike that is.

ToyMachine78

Speaking of imports.... Anyone ever play Slime World for PCE? I loved it on the Lynx. Was thinking about picking it up for PCE or the Genesis.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2014, 11:30 PMSpeaking of imports.... Anyone ever play Slime World for PCE? I loved it on the Lynx. Was thinking about picking it up for PCE or the Genesis.
The lynx version is actually a lot better sadly. The best part about Slime World is you get to check out Todd's hot girlfriend
Quote from: guest on 09/11/2014, 11:11 PMDoes Layer Section require a ram cartridge? I bought Layer Section as my first import Saturn game. But my Saturn had to get some repairs done so i haven't been able to play it yet :(
No it doesn't need a ram cart but if you have a US Sat you need the Pro Action Replay to play Japanese games on it.
I doubt anyone doesn't like the graphics in Layers Section. It's a 2-D masterpiece. You might be thinking Raycrisis and Raystorm that some people don't like the 3d prerendered sprites and stuff

vexcollects

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2014, 11:30 PMSpeaking of imports.... Anyone ever play Slime World for PCE? I loved it on the Lynx. Was thinking about picking it up for PCE or the Genesis.
What what?!?  There is a slime world on the PCE?? I've only played it on the lynx. It's a fav.

vexcollects

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/11/2014, 11:18 PMI am planing on getting elevator action returns as my next Saturn import in October.

Maybe we should make a Saturn thread where we can compile a import list for us newbie Saturn owners.

All I have so far is Bug, Dragon Force, and the 2 imports I just posted. It is daunting when I see the long list of import shooties I need to get for the Saturn and then look at the prices.  8-[

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/11/2014, 11:54 PM
The lynx version is actually a lot better sadly. The best part about Slime World is you get to check out Todd's hot girlfriend
Quote from: guest on 09/11/2014, 11:11 PMDoes Layer Section require a ram cartridge? I bought Layer Section as my first import Saturn game. But my Saturn had to get some repairs done so i haven't been able to play it yet :(
No it doesn't need a ram cart but if you have a US Sat you need the Pro Action Replay to play Japanese games on it.
I doubt anyone doesn't like the graphics in Layers Section. It's a 2-D masterpiece. You might be thinking Raycrisis and Raystorm that some people don't like the 3d prerendered sprites and stuff
Nope. I've actually read reviews where they mention Layer Section's (Galactic Attack's) crude graphics. HG101 maybe? I can't remember. I was thinking, "What the hell are they smoking?!?" LS's stage designs and art are magnificent! I totally agree that it's a 2-D masterpiece.

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/11/2014, 11:07 PMLayer Section is the best bang for buck for the Saturn, IMHO. Awesome game!
^^This
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/11/2014, 11:18 PMI am planing on getting elevator action returns as my next Saturn import in October.

I think I made a thread years ago here in Console Chat asking that very question. It's probably buried in the bowels of PCFX. Maybe one day someone will find it.

ToyMachine78

It's a wee bit nipply in here :DD

IMG

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2014, 07:07 AM

IMG
Did you say nipple? There is a bit of a nip in the air, though.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

vexcollects

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/12/2014, 10:47 AM

IMG
I just bought it based on the picture. $327 is a fair price, right? I reasoned it by saying $20 for the game, $307 for the nipple. What is the going rate on pixelized nipple these days?

www.pixelizednipple-pricecharting.com

Medic_wheat

Quote from: vexcollects on 09/12/2014, 01:59 PM
Quote from: MrFulci on 09/12/2014, 10:47 AM

IMG
I just bought it based on the picture. $327 is a fair price, right? I reasoned it by saying $20 for the game, $307 for the nipple. What is the going rate on pixelized nipple these days?

www.pixelizednipple-pricecharting.com
I say get that picture printed on a canvas at Walgreens and hang it on a wall