10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjameslv

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/05/2014, 08:17 PMWhat would be a smoking deal?  $180?  Or pick up a loose set?
Yeah it would be a loose set. Should be under $200 for sure.

HailingTheThings

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/05/2014, 10:42 PMFinally came in the mail today. I pre ordered this guy like 6 months ago.

IMG

I plan to create a instagram account just for pictures of this lil cutie going on adventures

IMG
Where did you order it from?
--DragonmasterDan

HailingTheThings

IMG

NecroPhile

A copy of Aeroblasters came in yesterday's mail.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 11/06/2014, 06:05 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/06/2014, 05:15 AMWhere did you order it from?
Here.
I pre ordered mine from the original company  goodsmile. But you can also find these on amazon

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2014, 10:46 AMA copy of Aeroblasters came in yesterday's mail.  :mrgreen:
Gotta bring a friend over and play it multi-player!
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

IMG

Pioneer VSX-917V Receiver with original manual and remote control.  Grabbed the speakers as well to test it with.

I've wanted a receiver for awhile and this was a solid price plus they give you 10 days for returns if anything is broken.  It seemed to be working fine from my tests last night so it will be cool to finally get a speaker system eventually.  There was also a DENON AVR-3803 for $30 that I thought about grabbing but decided I really didn't need two receivers, especially since the DENON didn't have HDMI support.

IMG

Games:
World Series Baseball [GEN]
Jammit [GEN]
Mario Lemieux Hockey [GEN]
Tecmo Bowl [NES]
Ultra Racer 64 [PS1]

Comics:
Star Trek: The Enterprise Logs Comics
Hell-Car Volume 10
Weird Japanese Kids magazine from like 1995.

80GB HDD, Already wiped thank god.

This was just a weird bundle in general.

I'd been eying the Sega stuff for awhile and it finally went on discount yesterday, the NES cart was a new random find though and I don't have it so I snagged it, and despite being called an "Ultra Racer 64" this peripheral is for the PS1.  Go figure.

The comics were all cheapy and stuff I like so I grabbed them.  I will sell them for max profit like my AD&D books. 
In truth though I'll probably read them and pass them on to my brother-in-law who is a comic guy.  Except for the Japanese magazine, there is some Arle in that so it stay with me.  Other comics in the mag were Bomberman, Doraemon, and Mario that I saw; plus a weird rendtion of Beauty and the Beast.

Almost everything was discounted, and the total was $39.64 for everything. But I had a coupon from Totino's so I saved $20, making the receiver essentially free. 

Also, I didn't buy this but found it funny:

IMG

Hudson Bug Sprayer at the thrift, don't kill the Bee! 

"Too late" says Konami :(
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

I bought a 32'' Sony Trinitron. I was super excited about it but now not so much. The colors are either too bright or too dark no matter what I tweak, and the scanlines are too thick. My Sansui 26" might be put back into service.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 11/08/2014, 02:53 PMI bought a 32'' Sony Trinitron. I was super excited about it but now not so much. The colors are either too bright or too dark no matter what I tweak, and the scanlines are too thick. My Sansui 26" might be put back into service.
If you were in NJ I'd take it off your hands.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 11/08/2014, 06:53 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/08/2014, 02:53 PMI bought a 32'' Sony Trinitron. I was super excited about it but now not so much. The colors are either too bright or too dark no matter what I tweak, and the scanlines are too thick. My Sansui 26" might be put back into service.
Not sure if you'd like it, Esty. The reds bleed real bad too. I think I got one of the bad models accidentally.

jtucci31

Quote from: Mathius on 11/08/2014, 07:07 PM
Not sure if you'd like it, Esty. The reds bleed real bad too. I think I got one of the bad models accidentally.
That sucks that you can't get your desired result. Where did you get it from? Hopefully it didn't set you back too much if you're not enjoying it.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2014, 07:14 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/08/2014, 07:07 PM
That sucks that you can't get your desired result. Where did you get it from? Hopefully it didn't set you back too much if you're not enjoying it.
Just $30. Going back to Craigslist *sigh*

cr8zykuban0

this weeks pickups all from 1 awesome store that recently opened up in Henderson Nevada!

/QLZzQG4l.jpg

jeffhlewis

Blah blah blah Sega imports. Cheapo stuff.

Biggest surprise - the JP Dead or Alive 2 manual is like freaking 100 pages of awesomeness.

IMG

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/09/2014, 03:28 PMBlah blah blah Sega imports. Cheapo stuff.

Biggest surprise - the JP Dead or Alive 2 manual is like freaking 100 pages of awesomeness.

IMG
The wifie and I would do some dirty dirty deeds for that Puzzle Bobble.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mathius on 11/09/2014, 07:54 PMThe wifie and I would do some dirty dirty deeds for that Puzzle Bobble.
Now now, I'm sure your love is worth more than the relatively cheap price tag that game carries. :3
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 11/09/2014, 07:59 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/09/2014, 07:54 PMThe wifie and I would do some dirty dirty deeds for that Puzzle Bobble.
Now now, I'm sure your love is worth more than the relatively cheap price tag that game carries. :3
We, just, really love Puzzle Bobble.

Medic_wheat

Half price book score. They even shaced off $10 because the dust cover has a narly rip along the spine

IMG

Medic_wheat

IMG.evil bay pick up. And at $20. Was at acution and I started at $1 but at the last few hours it started to rise. Was able to keep it right at $20 with shipping

Medic_wheat

Here is that metal slug I mentioned from ebay

IMG

I now have 2, X, 3, 4

4 is the only complete kit but it is also the only one not done by the original metal slug team from the neo geo mvs days to my knowledge.

Just need 1 & 5 for my mvs set.

Picked up an anthology collection for the Wii at $5 a few weeks back as well.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Psychobauts was a pickup while at half peuce book store with a good ps2 game and that art book

My saturn us library keeps growing. Once I get the us list nailed ill get a few japan games. The only uk game id want is deep fear. But man it is pricy. And that japan copy is usually a dollar.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/09/2014, 09:11 PMI now have 2, X, 3, 4

4 is the only complete kit but it is also the only one not done by the original metal slug team from the neo geo mvs days to my knowledge.

Just need 1 & 5 for my
Yep. 
The MS4 kit contents and cart shell are slightly different than the normal MVS specs. 
Even the cardboard box is slightly smaller than the other Slug kits.
At one point, I had full/complete kits of MS1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.  Sold them all off last winter in preparation for a move to lighten my load.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Last few pick ups. Some of this was stuff that came in the mail last few weeks.

That cosmic smash game looked so sweet from youtube videos I checked out m.gave it 30 minutes and it is going to be such a fun game to try and break high scores. I saw a namoi copy on ebay for around $80 free shipping. Might pick it up. Dont have a namoi but it is something I thought of collecting off and on

jtucci31

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/09/2014, 09:13 PMMy saturn us library keeps growing. Once I get the us list nailed ill get a few japan games. The only uk game id want is deep fear. But man it is pricy. And that japan copy is usually a dollar.
Ever since I saw Mathius playing this at Galloping Ghost and since I played it after him and loved it, I've wanted this. Really want Die Hard Arcade, it was a lot of fun with the little time I played it.

NecroPhile

I found a Shockman in the mailbox on Saturday.  :mrgreen:

xcrement5x

Dang medic, you almost got a bingo but SuperGrafx broke it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/09/2014, 09:11 PMHere is that metal slug I mentioned from ebay

IMG

I now have 2, X, 3, 4

Just need 1 & 5 for my mvs set.

Picked up an anthology collection for the Wii at $5 a few weeks back as well.
I'm about to get one too.  I have a loose cart but noting beats a full kit.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2014, 12:11 PMDang medic, you almost got a bingo but SuperGrafx broke it.
Hmm does it help that I won a free bebop and rocksteady from the tmnt fan page off nickalodian today?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 11/09/2014, 09:15 PM

Just need 1 & 5 for my
Yep. 
The MS4 kit contents and cart shell are slightly different than the normal MVS specs. 
At one point, I had full/complete kits of MS1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.  Sold them all off last winter in preparation for a move to lighten my load.
Really?  Those are a few things I would have kept personaly.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/10/2014, 12:53 PM
Quote from: SuperGrafx on 11/09/2014, 09:15 PM

Just need 1 & 5 for my
Yep. 
Really?  Those are a few things I would have kept personaly.
Yep.

I no longer had a working MVS board and sort of left the PCB/arcade gaming scene.
No sense keeping the kits around if they weren't being played.

munchiaz

I got these last week. I like the tiny ones so when i don't have time i can still get that building feeling

IMG

NecroPhile

reson8er

Ever since restarting my Turbo/PC Engine buying, I've been thinking about My old Genesis and my regret of selling it to buy a PS1.  In retrospect, it was a dumb move, yes, but at the time, I thought "old games are old." So it is now that I am literally paying for my shortsightedness and have started trying to reacquire my genesis games of old. This was also helped along when I received my Selecty 21, allowing me to connect 3 21 pin RGB consoles to my system simultaneously.

I only have 3 games so far and received the latest 2 in the mail yesterday. Ultimately my genesis library wont be a large as my others, but I have a lot of fond memories of paying the system and am glad to be reaquainted with it.

/15583502990_f9fbb26291_n.jpg

HailingTheThings

IMG

Medic_wheat

Those are all good games for the genesis

Do you have a lost of games you'd like for the genesis?

xcrement5x

I love that Gaires T-shirt every time I see it.  It is only rivaled by the Kaneko Gaming Glove.

reson8er

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/11/2014, 05:16 PMThose are all good games for the genesis

I do, kinda. To my amazement genesis games have become stupidly expensive (I guess I should have expected it) but my short list is somthing like this:

Shinobi III: Own this on Sonic genesis Collection PS3 but would love to play it on original hardware.

Streets of Rage 1,2: Same for these though I owned them both back in the day.

MUSHA: (Can't believe what this is going for these days, its really nuts. This is one of the games I owned and LOVED before selling my Genesis to the dirty rats at EB Games. The game has stayed in my mind all these years later as my favorite Genesis game)

Castlevania Bloodlines: Never owned this, but after getting back into Rondo of Blood recently I'm very interested in checking this out.

Alisia Dragoon, Granada. Never played either but after seeing them on Gamesack I'd like to check em out. They look pretty cool.

Probably some more, I dunno to be honest I've kinda been shell shocked by the prices in general and have put off picking anything up unless I can get it for a decent deal, though even that is relative.

reson8er

xcrement5x

Quote from: reson8er on 11/12/2014, 10:19 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/11/2014, 05:16 PMThose are all good games for the genesis

I do, kinda. To my amazement genesis games have become stupidly expensive (I guess I should have expected it) but my short list is somthing like this:

Shinobi III: Own this on Sonic genesis Collection PS3 but would love to play it on original hardware.

MUSHA: (Can't believe what this is going for these days, its really nuts. This is one of the games I owned and LOVED before selling my Genesis to the dirty rats at EB Games. The game has stayed in my mind all these years later as my favorite Genesis game)

Castlevania Bloodlines: Never owned this, but after getting back into Rondo of Blood recently I'm very interested in checking this out.

Alisia Dragoon, Granada. Never played either but after seeing them on Gamesack I'd like to check em out. They look pretty cool.

Probably some more, I dunno to be honest I've kinda been shell shocked by the prices in general and have put off picking anything up unless I can get it for a decent deal, though even that is relative.
CIB Genesis used to be a lot more reasonable with the standouts being MUSHA and Crusader of Centy, the only ones in the 3 digit range.  It's gotten much worse just in the last year though, I think all the SNES folks are jumping ship because the prices are astronomical over there. 

reson8er

Quote from: guest on 11/12/2014, 10:55 AM

CIB Genesis used to be a lot more reasonable with the standouts being MUSHA and Crusader of Centy, the only ones in the 3 digit range.  It's gotten much worse just in the last year though, I think all the SNES folks are jumping ship because the prices are astronomical over there.
Makes sense, I also think the release of the Retron 5 had an effect on prices going up since you have to use real cartridges. I really couldn't have picked a worse time to be looking for games, lol.

Mathius

SNES, Genesis, Turbo, and oddly GameCube have skyrocketed in the last year. I was at a retro game shop a few weeks ago and they wanted $115 for a loose Chrono Trigger and $50 for Mario Kart on GameCube! I paid $12 for my copy just recently! Hopefully this is the prices peaking out.

reson8er

Quote from: Mathius on 11/12/2014, 12:55 PMSNES, Genesis, Turbo, and oddly GameCube have skyrocketed in the last year. I was at a retro game shop a few weeks ago and they wanted $115 for a loose Chrono Trigger and $50 for Mario Kart on GameCube! I paid $12 for my copy just recently! Hopefully this is the prices peaking out.
I think, ultimately, the best thing to do is get a Mega Everdrive and pick up the real games I cherish as funds permit. I found the Turbo Everdrive was a great tool in for "I just want to play the game" with the prices as they are.

jeffhlewis

Buy Megadrive (JP) - the low end is more expensive but the mid and higher end games can be a lot more reasonable in a lot of cases (but not every case)

TR0N

Prices have been going up for complete genesis games.Though if you want to play musha,do you're self a favor and buy a everdrive and that will save you some money.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

^^And if you haven't gotten your Genesis S-Video modded do so NOW! Musha is beautiful in S-video.

reson8er

Quote from: Mathius on 11/13/2014, 12:29 AM^^And if you haven't gotten your Genesis S-Video modded do so NOW! Musha is beautiful in S-video.
Yup! I have a Framemeister and go RGB, games look so beautiful.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: reson8er on 11/13/2014, 11:16 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/13/2014, 12:29 AM^^And if you haven't gotten your Genesis S-Video modded do so NOW! Musha is beautiful in S-video.
Yup! I have a Framemeister and go RGB, games look so beautiful.
Framemeister

Man dont those things go for $300 and import from Japan only?