R-Type I & II - Keepin' out the riff RAFFLE

Started by spenoza, 02/08/2015, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

I have won a couple great raffles on here, and it's time again for me to give back to the community I love. So I'm offering up "player grade" copies of R-Type I and R-Type II on HuCard (card only) for the PC Engine. I is a bit dirty and scratched up, but both play just fine. I will pay shipping in the continental US*.

And now, a winner is chosen! Here's the Randomizer result!

Congrats to o.pwuaioc! Send my your addy and I'll get this out to you.

o.pwuaioc
    Cjameslv
    VenomMacbeth
    Wildfruit
    EvilEvoIX
    Elmer
    Mitsuman

*I am willing to ship internationally for a few of our more awesome members as long as the cost isn't too great. PM me for eligibility.

Raffle end date now set! March 14, 2015!

To enter, make a reply in this thread indicating you are interested, and that you agree to follow the raffle rules below. If you think these rules are stupid and you aren't interested in adhering to them, DO NOT ENTER THE RAFFLE. See how easy that is?
  • You must not already own R-Type TurboChip (US), R-Type Complete CD, or BOTH R-Type I and II HuCard. If you own only R-Type I or R-Type II, but not both, you may enter, but you must re-raffle the duplicate here on the forums.
  • You may not sell, trade, or otherwise give away the raffle prize, with the following exceptions:
    • You may re-raffle here on the forums.
    • You may give to a Turbo/PCE noob who is still new to the console and doesn't already have R-Type (and has the necessary hardware to play it). Said noob must also agree to be bound by the no-sale/trade rules of the raffle and not be a dick.
  • You may not intentionally feed R-Type to your dog (or cat [or cavy/rodent/bird/dinosaur/trained bear/younger siblings]).
  • Valued/important members of the community will get an extra entry (or more, if they are super-awesome) at my discretion. (And just why on earth don't you have R-Type already?)
  • You must be in good standing with the PCEFX community at large with a minimum post count of 250. If your most-posted forum or thread is a sales/raffle thread I reserve the right to exclude you.
  • I reserve the right to exclude anyone I want from the raffle for whatever reason I want. Per Wil Wheaton, "Don't be a dick."

Participants! Who will be our lucky winner?

Wildfruit
VenomMacbeth
Mitsuman
Cjameslv
o.pwuaioc
Elmer
EvilEvoIX

roflmao

I can't enter, but +1 TurboKarma to you for offering these up to the community!

Gentlegamer

I already have R-Type HuComplete, so I are winrar!

+1 OBEY points for this raffle
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

pdiggitydogg

I cannot enter either, but a fine raffle sir.

BigusSchmuck

Nope, got R-Type complete cd, please don't enter me. Thanks for having a great raffle anyway.

ClodBusted

Another R-Type Complete CD owner here, so I don't qualifiy. I appreciate your raffle and will take a look on the Hucard soundtrack later on to compare it with the Xbox 360 arcade version I got too, since I've heard of some people preferring the Hucard tunes over the arcade ones. :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/08/2015, 07:37 AMAnother R-Type Complete CD owner here, so I don't qualifiy. I appreciate your raffle and will take a look on the Hucard soundtrack later on to compare it with the Xbox 360 arcade version I got too, since I've heard of some people preferring the Hucard tunes over the arcade ones. :)
Yes, most folks prefer the arcade/HuCARD tunes.

They are great.

But I am glad that we (PCE fans) got the totally wacky Red Book for R-Type Complete, too. It is unique; I enjoy the 100% pure 80's vibe. Some (most) folks can't stomach it. Or, they only enjoy it as a "joke"...

IT AIN'T NO JOKE FOR ME.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

o.pwuaioc

I have R-Types already, but if I win I & II, then I take an oath here now to raffle off the PS1 game here.

wildfruit

Spenoza. As discussed, please enter me gracefully.

SuperGrafx

Add me to the raffle list please.
Oddly enough, I do not own these yet.

VenomMacbeth

I want in!  I already have the first game, so if I win, you can just give your copy to whoever's next in line :D
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Todd Gill

Quote from: esteban on 02/08/2015, 09:19 AMYes, most folks prefer the arcade/HuCARD tunes.

They are great.

But I am glad that we (PCE fans) got the totally wacky Red Book for R-Type Complete, too. It is unique; I enjoy the 100% pure 80's vibe. Some (most) folks can't stomach it. Or, they only enjoy it as a "joke"...

IT AIN'T NO JOKE FOR ME.

:)
While I like the HuCard tunes, I kinda prefer the Complete CD music myself.

Especially the first stage music.

Medic_wheat

If I didn't get these gems for Christmas I would so want in.

Seriously?  There isn't anyone here yet to have these two games?

elmer

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/08/2015, 11:05 PMSeriously?  There isn't anyone here yet to have these two games?
Me! Just like VenomMacbeth ... I have the first one, but that's all.

But my post-count is way too low to enter ... and I certainly wouldn't want to set one of the angry-old-guys off on a rant about "newbies" ... so "good luck" to whoever wins it!  :wink:

pdiggitydogg

I have neither as well, but post count.

mitsuman

I am interested in entering this raffle please.

clackattack

Aw man, only a few posts away from being eligable...
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

cjameslv

Quote from: clackattack on 02/12/2015, 07:23 PMAw man, only a few posts away from being eligable...
Time for Nulltards +1 method clack  8)

Oh and enroll meh!

spenoza

o.pwuaioc, did you want in? (You didn't actually ask, see...)

SuperGrafx, rules reading comprehension fail (post count).

Elmer, I'll give you a pass if you otherwise quality. Your activity in the dev thread has been great to read. I support that.

clackattack, even if you did quality on post count, almost half your posts are in Sales & Trades and you enter every raffle that comes down the pike.

First post updated with current entrants.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/14/2015, 01:00 AMo.pwuaioc, did you want in? (You didn't actually ask, see...)

SuperGrafx, rules reading comprehension fail (post count).

Elmer, I'll give you a pass if you otherwise quality. Your activity in the dev thread has been great to read. I support that.

clackattack, even if you did quality on post count, almost half your posts are in Sales & Trades and you enter every raffle that comes down the pike.

First post updated with current entrants.
It was worth clicking on this thread to read this post. :)

Accepted!
Denied!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

o.pwuaioc

spenoza, can I enter the raffle, please? Thanks!

elmer

Quote from: guest on 02/14/2015, 01:00 AMElmer, I'll give you a pass if you otherwise quality. Your activity in the dev thread has been great to read. I support that.
Awww ... shucks ...  :oops:

Yes, please, I'd love to enter the raffle ... and agree, of course, to abide by the rules.

Thanks!

Sarumaru

I think it's awesome you're raffling these, but where's my lovely R-type arts?!?!  D:

clackattack

Ouchies, my feelings are hurt Spen  :cry: . No worries tho, perhaps I have been a bit of a whore lately  :-k ... Ive got a raffle up my sleeve im holding out on til my birfday, a few recent finds id like to brag about, and maybe even an upload or 2 if I can ever finish them up. Maybe after my to-do list, I can re-establish myself as a non-whorish contributing member of the community!
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

spenoza

Apparently there are too many copies of R-Type floating around... I think I'll let this raffle sit open a bit longer to allow others to enter. But since I'm the impatient sort, I probably won't leave it open longer than a couple more weeks.

spenoza

OK, so, is this raffle not more popular because so many folks already have R-Type, or because my raffle conditions are too strict?

Maybe anyone who already has 250 posts is just already likely to have R-Type. I particularly want to hear from the more senior members of the forum. Should I ease up on some of our new folks? I just want to see this have a nice home in the community with someone awesome who isn't a raffle whore, who will continue to hang around and be part of the community, and who might someday do a raffle of their own.

NecroPhile

It's a pretty popular game that many already have.  If you add together owners of R-Type I and TG-16 R-Type, it's #1 on the most collected game list on pcedaisakusen (even after subtracting those that own both).

I think 250 posts is a reasonable requirement.  It'll take a while to get a lot of entrants, or you can settle for a smaller number if you don't want to wait.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

spenoza

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/20/2015, 02:07 PMI would like to enter please.
You've been a little better behaved lately, and you have a raffle up, so OK.

spenoza

Added the end date. I've decided to let this roll 2 more weeks, despite the lack of continued interest. Enter by midnight (GMT -5), March 14th of this fine year, 2015. Looking forward to seeing this fun shooter off to a new home.

spenoza

Whoops! I forgot about this! Sorry, guys.

The good news is, a Winner is Chosen!

Gredler

elmer

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2015, 06:35 PMThe good news is, a Winner is Chosen!
Congrats to the winner!!!  :wink: