OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhcman

Quote from: cjameslv on 03/23/2015, 05:47 PMVery nice got those except that awesome bomberman! Get a good deal on it i hope?
I paid about the going rate for Bomberman and everything else was pretty much thrown in free.. I got a pretty good deal!

Mathius

Sparky, what are those controllers for? NES? They look damn cool. I've never seen them before.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/23/2015, 04:15 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/23/2015, 03:31 PMpickups from last week
 IMG
Jinmu Densho, The Kung-Fu, AND Mystery of Convoy?  You must really be a masochist...
eh not exactly masochist. jinmu densho and kung fu arent bad but mystery of convoy is a terrible game but they were less than 5 bucks each so why not?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 03/23/2015, 05:20 PMThis march break i picked up a few things.
ha, there are lots of extra things to see in this picture, but some are related to buys.
Punky Skunk! Been wanting to pick that up for a while. G'jobbes!
IMG

Sparky

Mathius..... I am pretty sure there famicom controllers but will fit in the nes.. I need to testy them :)

Hails.... I am pretty sure I don't have it, I will double check but I have a shit ton on ps1 games, if It is a double your welcome to it.

Venom.. I was surprised as you are, hope to play it this weekend.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 03/24/2015, 12:15 AMHails.... I am pretty sure I don't have it, I will double check but I have a shit ton on ps1 games, if It is a double your welcome to it.
Well gosh dang, sir, that'd be awful nice of ya. Thank you kindly for the offer given its a doubleee.

*tips hat*
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/16/2015, 09:27 AM/10xeequ.jpg
OH NOOOS! Not that Survivor version! That was a mistake I still regret... Awesome stuff on the rest of your buys, though!

Opethian

I don't know why they pulled the guncon support out of the US Survivor but the JP one you shoot offscreen to walk and use the buttons to turn
IMG

NightWolve

Yeah, I bought the US version from Best Buy (for $29.99 I think) when it came out... To me, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, as in how did Capcom go from the previous Resident Evils to this inferior looking garbage, it felt like it was a prototype RE version, an early model by much crappier programmers before the good ones stepped in and produced what you normally expected from a RE game...

xcrement5x

Quote from: Opethian on 03/24/2015, 08:43 AMI don't know why they pulled the guncon support out of the US Survivor but the JP one you shoot offscreen to walk and use the buttons to turn
That sounds much more awesome than what we got.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 03/23/2015, 05:20 PMThis march break i picked up a few things.
ha, there are lots of extra things to see in this picture, but some are related to buys.

IMG
I actually like Punky Skunk
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

I've never played punky skunk, but I've had skunky punk before.

JapanTokei

Dude, you must be nuts.. that is the best game ever.  why don't you play it?  I beat that bad boy and loved every single minute of it.  It wasn't until this year (I bought it in 2009), that I sold it to cclean up my closet.. PLAY IT!!

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/10/2015, 02:36 PMProps for Shining Force, expensive Sega CD game that I own and have ZERO patience to play.

Strontium Dog

What did I buy today? Erm way too much! Well my pc-fx arrived looking as yellow as a cowardly banana dipped in mustard so some h2o2 was purchased to rectify that. I got a wee bonus from work so went on a yahoo jp spree. 2x super famicom, one came boxed and with 6 games, sci & atomic robo kid for pc engine, some pico fuses and a new power socket for one of the previously mentioned sfc. kirby adventure for famicom along with Tetris, and a few others and a beautiful, red Sharp twin famicom.  :D (which will probably need a new belt).

NecroPhile

Quote from: Strontium Dog on 03/26/2015, 02:58 PMWell my pc-fx arrived looking as yellow as a cowardly banana dipped in mustard so some h2o2 was purchased to rectify that.
Please take lots of before, during, and after pics.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Strontium Dog

Haha it's done Necromancer, just in the process of uploading some photos in the pc-fx forum. I couldn't get that many as we had a few hours of sunshine one day so had a very small window of opportunity.  O:)

MotherGunner

IMG
Sparks, are those controllers the same as the ones made by Fukushima Sansui?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/26/2015, 07:32 PM

IMG
Sparks, are those controllers the same as the ones made by Fukushima Sansui?
I grew up with one of these controllers and own one now a days as well.  I see them time to time out in the wild but I don't see a lot of people talk about them.  Were these more easily found in Canada?

richc

Mailman dropped this by today, can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when I can go home and play.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427417135.414923.jpg

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: richc on 03/26/2015, 08:45 PMMailman dropped this by today, can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when I can go home and play.
I finished Exile literally hours ago and I'm still hyped up about it.  It was an absolutely fantastic experience.  I love nerding out about all the historical parallels there are in that game.

Playing this has made me consider venturing out of my comfort zone & trying out some of Working Designs' other games.  I was thinking I may give Cosmic Fantasy 2 a shot, but I do not like that combat system at all. 

BTW, if you decide you don't need that box for Exile, I'll take it off yer hands. ;)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Ninja Spirit

Japan score, Alcahest for Super Famicom. This game was previously evading me real hard!
Yeah it may have a Squaresoft logo (predominantly a HAL Laboratory game) on it, but it's not an RPG,  rather a stage based overhead action game
/11005034_1030176910329949_817882237_n.jpg

xcrement5x

IMG
Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition PS3 Stuff by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I was cruising my local thrift the other day and I came across this and was quite interested!  It looks like whoever had donated stuff decided to keep their games, but donated all the Limited Edition baubles to the store.  The other games LE stuff looked like it was from a Halo and Assassin Creed game so I wasn't really interested. 

Anyway, I had picked up a copy of New Vegas cheap on clearance from GameStop so I decided this would be kind of neat to add to the collection for $6.  Apparently the Collector's Edition still has some decent value to it as well!

It came with:
Hardbox to hold everything
Slipcase to cover the box
Soundtrack
Playing cards
7 Poker chips
Big "Lucky 38" chip
Hardbound graphic novel
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

wildfruit

I've ordered a briefcase set up rgb nodded with 3.0 card and a couple of games to go with.
A-train iii & Ys iv
I hope the layout for A3 is similar to DOS version or I'll be stuck. Plan to make good use of nightwolve's work for Ys 4.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2015, 10:25 AMIMG
Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition PS3 Stuff by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I was cruising my local thrift the other day and I came across this and was quite interested!  It looks like whoever had donated stuff decided to keep their games, but donated all the Limited Edition baubles to the store.  The other games LE stuff looked like it was from a Halo and Assassin Creed game so I wasn't really interested. 

Anyway, I had picked up a copy of New Vegas cheap on clearance from GameStop so I decided this would be kind of neat to add to the collection for $6.  Apparently the Collector's Edition still has some decent value to it as well!

It came with:
Hardbox to hold everything
Slipcase to cover the box
Soundtrack
Playing cards
7 Poker chips
Big "Lucky 38" chip
Hardbound graphic novel
I remember you talking about that set in the chat but I didn't realize how cool of a collectard edition it was. Awesome pickup!

Sparky

Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/26/2015, 07:32 PMSparks, are those controllers the same as the ones made by Fukushima Sansui?
This is all new to me MG and i could not find alot of info on them except they were released in 1988 and unknown developer.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2015, 02:09 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/26/2015, 07:32 PMSparks, are those controllers the same as the ones made by Fukushima Sansui?
This is all new to me MG and i could not find alot of info on them except they were released in 1988 and unknown developer.
They appear to be similar to the Sansui and Beeshu Zipper

MotherGunner

True, seems like the exact same controllers except that the Sansui ones come with a headphone jack and vol slider.  I was able to pick up two of these for my NES. 

IMG
-MG

PCEngineHell

Does the earphone jacks on those gamepads actually work well?

BlueBMW

That was on feature I loved about some of the 3DO game pads.  The built in headphones jack + volume knob.  Why more controllers dont feature this is beyond me.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

MotherGunner

Hi Mike, I had no issues with the feature, though vol could be a little higher I guess?  =)
-MG

technozombie

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 03/27/2015, 01:02 AMJapan score, Alcahest for Super Famicom. This game was previously evading me real hard!
Yeah it may have a Squaresoft logo (predominantly a HAL Laboratory game) on it, but it's not an RPG,  rather a stage based overhead action game
/11005034_1030176910329949_817882237_n.jpg
I was just playing this the other day in my sd2snes pretty fun game.

bob

Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/27/2015, 02:51 PMTrue, seems like the exact same controllers except that the Sansui ones come with a headphone jack and vol slider.  I was able to pick up two of these for my NES. 

IMG
AAAHHHHHH....the BEST controller for NES ever!!  Every once in a while i scour ebay for one, but yet to find a good enough deal to pull the trigger. Such good.

esteban

Quote from: galam on 03/27/2015, 06:46 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/27/2015, 02:51 PMTrue, seems like the exact same controllers except that the Sansui ones come with a headphone jack and vol slider.  I was able to pick up two of these for my NES. 

IMG
AAAHHHHHH....the BEST controller for NES ever!!  Every once in a while i scour ebay for one, but yet to find a good enough deal to pull the trigger. Such good.
I've never even held one. I have given up on ever getting one.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Quote from: esteban on 03/27/2015, 06:50 PM

IMG

Looks like earbud pads disintegrated ...
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221714080943

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/27/2015, 03:15 PMThat was on feature I loved about some of the 3DO game pads.  The built in headphones jack + volume knob.  Why more controllers dont feature this is beyond me.
Couldn't agree more. When I had a 3DO back when I was a Sophomore in high school I felt real high tech when I could just whip out my headphones are play games in peace. :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/27/2015, 03:15 PMThat was on feature I loved about some of the 3DO game pads.  The built in headphones jack + volume knob.  Why more controllers dont feature this is beyond me.
Imagine you've got headphones plugged into your 3DO controller. And you're playing your friend in Street Fighter II. But the controllers are daisy chained to one another, because it's the 3DO. Your friend gets aggravated and jerks the controller causing your massive melon to be moved mercilessly because you have something on your head, connected to a controller that's connected to not just the system but another controller. What a terrible idea.
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 03/27/2015, 06:58 PM
Quote from: esteban on 03/27/2015, 06:50 PM

IMG

Looks like earbud pads disintegrated ...
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221714080943
I have two myself. Love that I can jack in my earphones and the controlor is a bit bigger and feels better in my adult hands

MotherGunner

-MG

xcrement5x

The Sansui one looks very similar to the Hector 87 Famicom pad I picked up recently.  I mainly got it because of the awesome Hudson Bee.

IMG

It does not have a headphone jack though.

sirhcman

My Friday night gets... So happy to finally get OutRun 2!

IMG

bob

GohanX

Outrun 2 might just be my favorite racing game, I was just playing the hell out of SP in the arcade yesterday.

I found a copy of Final Soldier while I was out. It doesn't work, just has garbage on the screen. :sadpanda:

InfraMan

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2015, 11:46 PMMy Friday night gets... So happy to finally get OutRun 2!
Sweet, Outrun 2 is a must-own for the Xbox! If you don't already have it, you should also try to pick up Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast... it's a little harder to find, but totally worth the effort.

I'll take Outrun over Gran Turismo or Forza any day of the week! 8)

esteban

Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/27/2015, 09:03 PMgalam and Esty, pull the trigger!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0036FKRT0/ref=sr_1_3_twi_1_gam_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1427504546&sr=8-3&keywords=sansui+controllers
I know. I am so tempted. But it seems like an extravagance when I have so many NES/Famicom controllers already.

I REALLY DO LIKE the idea of a headphone jack, though. I have problems. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: galam on 03/28/2015, 08:21 AMAnother Savers hunter.  8)
Yea I try to hit 4 -5 thrift shops to make it worth my time. I almost missed the NES game because they had it practically hidden on the side of their media shelf :)

Quote from: InfraMan on 03/28/2015, 08:52 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/27/2015, 11:46 PMMy Friday night gets... So happy to finally get OutRun 2!
Sweet, Outrun 2 is a must-own for the Xbox! If you don't already have it, you should also try to pick up Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast... it's a little harder to find, but totally worth the effort.

I'll take Outrun over Gran Turismo or Forza any day of the week! 8)
Thanks for the heads up, never played 2006 version and have not seen it when I hit places. Are the PS2 and XBOX versions equivalent or is one superior?

Have you ever played the Forza Horizon series? You may like that more than the sim style of Forza/Gran Turismo

InfraMan

Quote from: guest on 03/28/2015, 11:27 AMThanks for the heads up, never played 2006 version and have not seen it when I hit places. Are the PS2 and XBOX versions equivalent or is one superior?

Have you ever played the Forza Horizon series? You may like that more than the sim style of Forza/Gran Turismo
The Xbox version is slightly better, but the PS2 release can be picked up a lot cheaper for some reason. I'd say just grab whichever one you can find for a reasonable price, they're both terrific!

I did really enjoy Forza Horizon... haven't played part 2 yet, as I'm waiting to pick up the Xbox One version whenever I actually get an Xbox One. At least FH2 should be dirt cheap by then, lol.

Still, there's just something about Outrun that I find massively appealing... they should have called it Super Happy Sunshine Beach Day Sexy Drive. :dance:

sirhcman

Today's thrift store finds (Tecmo Bowl was from a game store)

IMG

vmorr

/261zsrr.jpg

Picked this up at a swap meet today. First time going so my expectations were kinda low but there actually was a ton of stuff. Lots of import games too, only picked up the 1 MD game cause I don't really know what's good out there. Coolest thing to me is the Saturn race wheel, it's not complete but $20 with a box I thought that was great. I'm killin Touge King right now.

wildfruit

richc

Nice on the ys IV.  Was trying to burn a translated disc this weekend with no luck.