OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr8zykuban0

some grabs and pickups from the past 2 weeks!
IMG
IMG
IMG

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-04-01 Thrift Finds! by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I got super lucky today!  Went to the thrift store today and these awesome bad boys were sitting out in the game cage for the picking!  It was discount day as well so I got Snatcher, Keio Flying Squadron, and The Space Adventure for $17.68!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 04/01/2015, 10:44 AMIMG
2015-04-01 Thrift Finds! by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I got super lucky today!  Went to the thrift store today and these awesome bad boys were sitting out in the game cage for the picking!  It was discount day as well so I got Snatcher, Keio Flying Squadron, and The Space Adventure for $17.68!
Nice hauls! I never find good shit at thrift!

PCEngineHell

Mom found these for me at Savers today, some games, xbox remotes, and TF stuff. After senior citizen discount it came to $16.59 after tax.

/2015-04-01%2012.48.17.jpg

sirhcman

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/01/2015, 01:57 PMMom found these for me at Savers today, some games, xbox remotes, and TF stuff. After senior citizen discount it came to $16.59 after tax.
/2015-04-01%2012.48.17_zpskkdhvrad.jpg
da fuck.. this has to be an april fools joke!

VenomMacbeth

I used to have that same Bruiticus!   I collected him piece by piece when the RID transformers were still in stores. :3 My stepdad would tease me about them, citing how they're made much more cheaply than the ones he had as a kid.  "You can practically see through the plastic!" I can still remember him saying...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/01/2015, 02:21 PMI used to have that same Bruiticus!   I collected him piece by piece when the RID transformers were still in stores. :3 My stepdad would tease me about them, citing how they're made much more cheaply than the ones he had as a kid.  "You can practically see through the plastic!" I can still remember him saying...
It's not built any cheaper. I have had them both before at the same time. The plastic quality is the same. It's built to last. I prefer this ones color scheme more though then the original, as far as aesthetics go it has a more military look paint job wise. There was a couple of others released also with different paint schemes.

VenomMacbeth

Right, I had the one you have there as well as a "Universe" one done up in a desert camo scheme. 

I think his comment may actually have been directed at some of the Spychangers I also had.  Those are markedly cheap, but they also hailed from G2...the irony...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Mathius

Man Transformers. As much as I love them I'll never jump on that bandwagon during these times of high prices. I'd love to have a mint Optimus Prime and Starscream.

EvilEvoIX

IMG

Found this guy a local Garage Sale.  Some old lady thought it was an OLD VHS Movie and sold it to me for $5.  I talked her down to $4.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Opethian

looking at the insert and manual its either a conversion or a bootleg
IMG

SuperDeadite

Yup, it's clearly the France Special Edition.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

bob

wildfruit

Just got this in the post from france.
IMG
One of my favourite games. Luckily the interface is pretty much same as DOS version so im already laying some track. Cant get the trains to go on them yet though.....graphics are nice and clear although lower resolution. Music is ok. Shame its not cd music though.

dingsbums

After years of "dead PCB" status it finally is back alive  8) :

IMG
IMG

I read that a Madcatz MC2 is good for hacking it to a Model 3 PCB - problem is - does anybody know the analouge / Racer PCB / Scud Race Model 3 Pinout ?

NecroPhile

IMG

The nayuta is in pretty nice shape, almost brand new with the cd and stuffed whatever-the-fuck-it-is still sealed even.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

That is a cool looking PSP LE!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2015, 11:18 AMThe nayuta is in pretty nice shape, almost brand new with the cd and stuffed whatever-the-fuck-it-is still sealed even.
Nice, grabbed ya some Falcom imports there. Our new member SkyWelse is part of the fan translation project for Nayuta BTW so keep a lookout for a patch.

NecroPhile

Yep, that's why I bought it.  Those two are the only games I've bothered to import; Nayuta for the translation and Brandish because xseed is too ghey to sell physical copies.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2015, 05:29 PMYep, that's why I bought it.  Those two are the only games I've bothered to import; Nayuta for the translation and Brandish because xseed is too ghey to sell physical copies.
What is Nayuta all about. I haven't ever heard of it. And it's Falcom no less!  :-k

NightWolve

Mathius

NecroPhile

'Twas rather cheap too.  Only ~$17 shipped on Amazon, or save $5 and get the regular version for ~$12.

bob

esteban

Hot damn! Look at the retail packaging for Camp California. Take a photo of front and back for me before you cut it open!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

EvilEvoIX

Wow a brand new Camp California!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

What weird packaging for that CD.  The front insert is sideways!

Either mine was a reseal or they had more than one set of packaging, as mine was oriented properly in the shrinkwrap (no big hangy thing of course).

bob

Its just the soundtrack under the same name. Its not the game

/games/campy1.jpg[/img]
/games/campy2.jpg[/img]

NecroPhile

Sexy!  It looks like it's a booklet with staples on the side.... perhaps it's a coloring book?

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

If that is a Camp California coloring book...!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

I think its the lyrics. I havent opened it yet

DragonmasterDan

Xelement would like this haul from Goodwill and Savers
IMG
--DragonmasterDan

wildfruit

Psycho Punch

Quote from: galam on 04/03/2015, 11:51 AM/area.jpg
I'm glad the image name is area.jpg, because Area 51 is clearly the best game in the picture. Best arcade lightgun shooter, best home port.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

xcrement5x

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/03/2015, 06:58 PMXelement would like this haul from Goodwill and Savers
IMG
ZOMG dem Picos! 

And I will be dollars to donuts that loose yellow one is Busytown.

cr8zykuban0

amiibos, you love em or you hate em. i do love the deal i got for these 3. 50 bucks i paid locally which was worth it for gold mario! also some replacement aes joystick balls to replace my old cracked ones!
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guestZOMG dem Picos! 

And I will be dollars to donuts that loose yellow one is Busytown.
It's Richard Scary.
--DragonmasterDan

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/05/2015, 10:32 AMIt's Richard Scary.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Scarry%27s_Busytown

I played this on the compy at school when I was a wee lad.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/05/2015, 12:11 AMamiibos, you love em or you hate em. i do love the deal i got for these 3. 50 bucks i paid locally which was worth it for gold mario!
Why is it worth it? What do they do that makes them worth the price of actual games? For that matter, will you be opening and using them, or just staring at them in their package like a collectard caught up in another whirlwind fad before it all eventually crashes? What factors are at play to decide the measure of worth of these things, outside of just scalper demands? I only ask this because I have seen people go crazy town over Skylanders, paying scalper prices for that shit too, then not being able to sell it for pennies on the dollar afterwards when they come to their senses, too little too late.

bob

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/05/2015, 04:49 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/05/2015, 12:11 AMamiibos, you love em or you hate em. i do love the deal i got for these 3. 50 bucks i paid locally which was worth it for gold mario!
Why is it worth it? What do they do that makes them worth the price of actual games? For that matter, will you be opening and using them, or just staring at them in their package like a collectard caught up in another whirlwind fad before it all eventually crashes? What factors are at play to decide the measure of worth of these things, outside of just scalper demands? I only ask this because I have seen people go crazy town over Skylanders, paying scalper prices for that shit too, then not being able to sell it for pennies on the dollar afterwards when they come to their senses, too little too late.
^^  he's right.  ^^
learn from beanie babies. 
same. exact. bullshit.  i feel bad for anybody falling for this crap.

Opethian

I don't feel bad for said people
IMG

SuperGrafx

Idk.
The amibo fad seems all to similar to beanie babies and pogs.
That said, there are a few that seem appealing, but I'll be damned if I pay $13 a pop for them

Mathius

VenomMacbeth

You can now get these "World of Nintendo" figures in-stores that are actual action figures.  So far you can get Link, Samus, a Metroid, and a plethora of Mario things.  They retail at about $10 I think.

My point, these are actual figures you can do something with.  Amiibos? I have no use for super smash skylanders.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

EvilEvoIX

This.
IMGIMGIMG

vmorr

I liked the idea of Amiibos but the whole instant hoarding and scalping thing that's taken them over really makes me shake my head. I plan on picking a few loose ones on the cheap at yard sales in the future.

cr8zykuban0

i see where you're coming from but i didnt really pay scalper prices for these. so that's why i bought it in the first place. i did sell a toad to a buddy for 10 bucks but that's it. if you feel bad for me about collecting these, that's fine but i think they are cool little collectibles and the money is coming out of my wallet, not yours. is it wrong to collect something i like? despite how worthless they may look to some people?

and yes i plan on keeping em sealed and i guess i was caught in the craze but i'm enjoying it so far :)