The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhcman

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/14/2015, 06:31 PMBecause you know Avengers 2 is coming out
I didn't know Hulk and Iron Man were in that kind of relationship..

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2015, 07:53 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/14/2015, 06:31 PMBecause you know Avengers 2 is coming out
I didn't know Hulk and Iron Man were in that kind of relationship..
So much so iron man had to make a whole new suit called the "hulk buster" eh oh lead Tbor into a jealous lovers rage to snakes iron and helmet with Major.

NecroPhile

I got a package of plastic sleeves for the LA goodies.  Gotta protect that artwork, man!  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

richc

Got this replacement cable in finally.  It wasn't too hard to swap it in, but it works perfectly!  Also got some other obeys coming in soon.

cr8zykuban0

was able to get some awesome stuff within the past week! some games i've been wanting to own. raiden 4 was hard to find locally but gave in and was able to get it on ebay for 17 shipped.
IMG
IMG

richc

Birthday coming up so I got a few obeys I wouldn't normally pay for.  Got a really good deal on Jackie Chan.

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: richc on 04/18/2015, 11:04 AMBirthday coming up so I got a few obeys I wouldn't normally pay for.  Got a really good deal on Jackie Chan.

IMG
Dat Ys III though...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

munchiaz

I just got back from Japan this past Friday. Here is all the stuff i brought back with me.

IMG

IMG

I bought the Jojo's used for like $15 but everything was in the box and it was all sealed
IMG

Got a decent deal on the twin famicom. The Disk portion doesn't work, hence the deal.
IMG

Here is the non-gaming stuff
IMG

This was the only berserk thing i saw while in Japan. Very upsetting. I would have dropped tons of money on Berserk stuff
IMG

Took a trip to the studio Ghibli museum. It was pretty magical

IMG

This deserves its own picture. It was only 500 yen. Figures are everywhere in Akihabara, and many are pretty cheap

IMG

cr8zykuban0

damn munchiaz, what an epic pickup! looks like you had a great time in japan.

NecroPhile

Saturday's mail brought me a copy of Vice City Stories for the PSP.  :mrgreen:

CPTBadAss

IMG

Didn't know there were wireless PS2 controllers until last week. This arrived today to rectify that gap in my life :).
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

jeffhlewis

Belated post of my goodies from MGC 2015. Wasn't looking for anything in particular this year (with the exception of 50 Cent: blood on the sand...yes I'm being serious - the game is both ridiculous and crazy fun) but still found some solid stuff for fairly cheap - nothing over $20.

Vendor floor was a freaking zoo all weekend. The show set up a freaking 50,000 sqft. tent this year just for vendors and board games and I still can't walk a foot without standing next to someone who decided not to shower that morning, haha.

IMG
IMG
IMG

xcrement5x

Awesome haul there munchi!  I love picking up random cheap figures when I buy stuff online too, sometimes the quality is meh, but other times they look great! 

I just got back from a wedding in Champaign-Urbana and besides a parking ticket (yay) I also got Death Crimson OX for the Dreamcast because the price was cheap and I needed it.  Found a very cool retro game store down there called Live Action Games where the people were super friendly, knowledgeable, and best of all everything already had a price on it so there was none of this "let me check the price" bullshit so many stores do.  They even had a huge pile of random fami/super famicom games for sale.  Would highly recommend to anyone in the area. 

Oh, and a batch of replacement Sega Saturn lasers just showed up at my work.  Hopefully there are no duds.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2015, 12:57 PMAwesome haul there munchi!  I love picking up random cheap figures when I buy stuff online too, sometimes the quality is meh, but other times they look great! 

I just got back from a wedding in Champaign-Urbana and besides a parking ticket (yay) I also got Death Crimson OX for the Dreamcast because the price was cheap and I needed it.  Found a very cool retro game store down there called Live Action Games where the people were super friendly, knowledgeable, and best of all everything already had a price on it so there was none of this "let me check the price" bullshit so many stores do.  They even had a huge pile of random fami/super famicom games for sale.  Would highly recommend to anyone in the area. 

Oh, and a batch of replacement Sega Saturn lasers just showed up at my work.  Hopefully there are no duds.
I didn't even know Sega Saturn lasers go bad, I thought those things were built like a tank. lol

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/21/2015, 01:23 PMI didn't even know Sega Saturn lasers go bad, I thought those things were built like a tank. lol
They're way more reliable than say Playstation lasers.

But I've had a few go bad, or at least get weaker over the years. They're way more reliable than the Saturn cartridge slots though.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/21/2015, 01:23 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/21/2015, 12:57 PMAwesome haul there munchi!  I love picking up random cheap figures when I buy stuff online too, sometimes the quality is meh, but other times they look great! 

I didn't even know Sega Saturn lasers go bad, I thought those things were built like a tank. lol
I have a handful of units with bad lasers that need to be addressed.  I was able to get a decent bulk price on them so that's fine.  A couple are 20pin units that would be cool to use for a RHEA or something, but I'd rather just fix them if it's not too complex.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SNKNostalgia

Bought Bloodborne, Axiom Verge and Shovel Knight for PS4. I have been on a Demon's/Dark Souls kick and figured I should get Bloodborne. These games are amazing. Axiom Verge is a must if you like Metroid games. Shovel Knight feels like a legit AAA NES title with the colors of a TG-16 and parallaxing of a Genesis. The music is beyond phenomenal. This is the best indie game I have ever played and I thought Axiom Verge was the best until I played this, lol.

VenomMacbeth

Traded in some stuff at the game store yesterday for an unprecedented $100.  I went a little crazy & got:

PS2:
Memory card & Dual Shock 2 controller
Gradius III & IV
Gungriffon Blaze
Taito Legends 2

Dreamcast:
Boxed controller
Unreal Tournament

NES:
Blaster Master loose

And I've still got $30 left!  Thinking of running back today & picking up a couple things.  I'm considering Kirby for the N64 but they also had a couple Onimusha games on PS2 for cheap.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

bob

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/22/2015, 11:29 AMTraded in some stuff at the game store yesterday for an unprecedented $100.  I went a little crazy & got:

PS2:
Memory card & Dual Shock 2 controller
Gradius III & IV
Gungriffon Blaze
Taito Legends 2

Dreamcast:
Boxed controller
Unreal Tournament

NES:
Blaster Master loose

And I've still got $30 left!  Thinking of running back today & picking up a couple things.  I'm considering Kirby for the N64 but they also had a couple Onimusha games on PS2 for cheap. 
before you buy oni, let me check.  i may have a spare or 2.

MotherGunner

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/20/2015, 11:08 PMIMG

Didn't know there were wireless PS2 controllers until last week. This arrived today to rectify that gap in my life :).
Yes!  PROTIP:  You can connect the sensor to a PCE classics converter from Tototek and use it on your PCE!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

CPTBadAss

Quote from: MotherGunner on 04/22/2015, 11:49 AM

Yes!  PROTIP:  You can connect the sensor to a PCE classics converter from Tototek and use it on your PCE!
So a little google-fu Led me to this how-to. Very cool! So my next questions are

1) Can I use this on my TG16? If not directly, can I get a PCE -> TG16 converter cable and get this working?

2) Where do I buy the Tototek converter? eBay? I see they offer it on Their website. I assume it's reputable?

Thanks for the info! There's so much to learn!! :)

bartre

got my Raiden II board from Ope today.

no pics tho - it's in the cab!

Otaking

I picked up the book "Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: Castlevania" as it was going cheap on UK Amazon (£11 shipped).
Seems quite good so far only read up on a couple games. Not learnt anything new but still quite a fun read.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/cvbook/cvbook.htm

I was also looking at "Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: The Unofficial Guide to Konami Shooters" as was also going cheap on UK Amazon and it's a subject matter I love, but apparently the articles in the book are all available on the Hardcore Gaming 101 website so I gave that one a miss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 04/22/2015, 05:53 PMI picked up the book "Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: Castlevania" as it was going cheap on UK Amazon (£11 shipped).
Seems quite good so far only read up on a couple games. Not learnt anything new but still quite a fun read.

I was also looking at "Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: The Unofficial Guide to Konami Shooters" as was also going cheap on UK Amazon and it's a subject matter I love, but apparently the articles in the book are all available on the Hardcore Gaming 101 website so I gave that one a miss.
Is this just the content of their site in book form or?
--DragonmasterDan

Otaking

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/22/2015, 06:01 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 04/22/2015, 05:53 PMI picked up the book "Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: Castlevania" as it was going cheap on UK Amazon (£11 shipped).

Is this just the content of their site in book form or?
The Castlevania reviews originated from this site http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/games.html
but apparently for the book they have been completely rewritten and had extra content added.

I'm having second thoughts on "Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: The Unofficial Guide to Konami Shooters" as I just looked into it more and it appears half the book is original content. The price on UK Amazon has gone back up again though, if it comes down again I'll probably grab it.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

VenomMacbeth

Went back to the game store & used up my credit to get Virtual On Oratorio Tangram on the DC, as well as a repro of Alcahest for the snes.  Never heard of it before.  I told the guy there I'm looking for a good action RPG & he showed me gameplay of it, and it looks awesome.   Is it?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

MotherGunner

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/22/2015, 01:06 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 04/22/2015, 11:49 AM

So a little google-fu Led me to this how-to. Very cool! So my next questions are

1) Can I use this on my TG16? If not directly, can I get a PCE -> TG16 converter cable and get this working?

2) Where do I buy the Tototek converter? eBay? I see they offer it on Their website. I assume it's reputable?

Thanks for the info! There's so much to learn!! :)
Never tried the addition of the converter cable to the TG16 but it worked flawlessly on my PCE.  It's a cool little item worth having none the less!  Let us know if it works!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

roflmao

Here's what I've picked up at MGC and since:
IMG
I got Magical Chase at MGC. The 3 games with price tags were in a 3 for $10 bin at a local used stuff store.  And I finally picked up Astro Boy based on Dragonmaster's recommendation.  Thanks!  It seems pretty cool so far. A lifetime ago I used to work for Sony and Rise of the Kasai was the last game I worked on, but left while it was still in development and I've always wanted to see how it turned out. It was dirt cheap so I figured it was finally that time.

Oh yeah, and this:
IMG

It's one of those tin poster things. For $6 I couldn't pass it up...
(Clinky on the images for larger versions.)

PCEngineHell

LOL @ that Magical Chase bootleg. Uncovered flash rom, much fail.

NightWolve

So what did the seller get for that "flashy" Magical Chase bootleg ?

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2015, 09:50 PMA lifetime ago I used to work for Sony and Rise of the Kasai was the last game I worked on, but left while it was still in development and I've always wanted to see how it turned out. It was dirt cheap so I figured it was finally that time.
Oh, well that's news to me! You were a game developer at Sony ?

nectarsis

MGC haulie:

CPS2 goodness from barter (including RAREZ Flavor Flav edition)

MGCHaul-CPS2.jpg

Thanks to roflmao for the comic  =D>

MGCHaul-Comic.jpg
/11148006_10153311991882125_763588717_o_zpsn4dqljuv.jpg

Thanks to Ope for the "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - LE (PS3)" :mrgreen:

MGCHaul-Blazblue.webp

Nulltard with the DildoPhile swag  :lol:

MGCHaul-ComicDPSwag.webp
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

nectarsis

My new toy (waited until the custom plates showed up)  :dance: :dance:

/20150422_115847_zpsahx2clld.jpg

NightWolve

Is hard to believe Nulltard really did go as far as making merchandise (cups, hats, etc.) with "DoxPhile" labeling on 'em. ;)

Otaking

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/22/2015, 07:28 PMas well as a repro of Alcahest for the snes.  Never heard of it before.  I told the guy there I'm looking for a good action RPG & he showed me gameplay of it, and it looks awesome.   Is it?
A while back I played it for a couple of hours and I thought it was good but lacked the polish of other SquareSoft games (it was developed by HAL Labs). From what I played there wasn't much RPG, more just arcade action without much depth, but this could of changed later in the game as said I didn't play for too long.

bob

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/22/2015, 11:45 PMMGCHaul-Blazblue.webp
I dont have a 360, but i have always been curious about deathsmiles.
Also, phalanx on GBA?  Any good?  Never knew that existed.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/22/2015, 11:52 PMMy new toy (waited until the custom plates showed up)  :dance: :dance:
Nice!  The plate's cool, but I'd pass on the Folgers exhaust tip.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/22/2015, 10:49 PMSo what did the seller get for that "flashy" Magical Chase bootleg ?
Hey hey hey, we call those CHUcards.
--DragonmasterDan

richc

This showed up the other day.  It feels like black tiger/black dragon but more difficult.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429831393.553154.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/22/2015, 10:37 PMLOL @ that Magical Chase bootleg. Uncovered flash rom, much fail.
Quote from: NightWolve on 04/22/2015, 10:49 PMSo what did the seller get for that "flashy" Magical Chase bootleg?
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/23/2015, 10:04 AMHey hey hey, we call those CHUcards.
Yep, they come from the land of Chop and they are pretty frickin' sweet.

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/22/2015, 10:49 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/22/2015, 09:50 PMA lifetime ago I used to work for Sony and Rise of the Kasai was the last game I worked on, but left while it was still in development and I've always wanted to see how it turned out. It was dirt cheap so I figured it was finally that time.
Oh, well that's news to me! You were a game developer at Sony ?
Nah, just a lowly QA (game tester). By the time I left I was working pretty closely with developers and leading my own test groups, but the down-time between projects made it too hard to sustain.  I needed to find something more consistent to make ends meet in San Diego.  I gave it a pretty good run though.  I worked for Sony, Vivendi and Red Storm before deciding to find a different career. :)

Today I was at a nearby thrift store and picked up another tube TV ($10.50!).  I wish I had it for MGC.  It's a 20" Sony WEGA.  I got home tonight and played through Spriggan on it. :)

2015-04-23-21.32.54-600x338.jpg

Please excuse the crumminess of the photo.  I only had my cell-phone handy when I finished the game.  I wasn't expecting to beat it!

jeffhlewis

Nectarsis: I need those flava flav chains back for MGC next year, haha. I totally forgot those were still attached to the boards.

nectarsis

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/24/2015, 12:52 AMNectarsis: I need those flava flav chains back for MGC next year, haha. I totally forgot those were still attached to the boards.
Lmao my bad man they're safe

CPTBadAss

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2015, 11:04 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/22/2015, 10:37 PMLOL @ that Magical Chase bootleg. Uncovered flash rom, much fail.
Quote from: NightWolve on 04/22/2015, 10:49 PMSo what did the seller get for that "flashy" Magical Chase bootleg?
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/23/2015, 10:04 AMHey hey hey, we call those CHUcards.
Yep, they come from the land of Chop and they are pretty frickin' sweet.
Aw man...that is really cool. I didn't realize you could do Hu card repros like other consoles @.@

richc

Few obeys and non obeys over the weekend.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430090858.357188.jpg

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/22/2015, 11:52 PMMy new toy (waited until the custom plates showed up)  :dance: :dance:
/20150422_115847_zpsahx2clld.jpg
Nice that has the H22, you can get some power out of that.  Is that the SH?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: richc on 04/26/2015, 07:27 PMFew obeys and non obeys over the weekend.
That Mega Man cartoon is probably what kept me going at my darkest times in this life. May it do the same for you.
IMG

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-04-27 Mega Drive Games by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Langrisser
Psy-O-Blade
Girle Mahjong Game
Vermillion
Klax
Block Out

Nothing too amazing, and they were all cheap.  Warsong is pretty expensive now to own so I just figured I would pick up a JP copy.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/22/2015, 11:45 PMMGC haulie:
MGCHaul-ComicDPSwag.webp
Your Hulk 181 is in much better condition than mine :(
--DragonmasterDan

synbiosfan

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/27/2015, 11:43 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 04/22/2015, 11:45 PMMGC haulie:
MGCHaul-ComicDPSwag.webp
Your Hulk 181 is in much better condition than mine :(
I bought mine new but I lost it long ago.

richc

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/27/2015, 01:29 AM
Quote from: richc on 04/26/2015, 07:27 PMFew obeys and non obeys over the weekend.
That Mega Man cartoon is probably what kept me going at my darkest times in this life. May it do the same for you.
Yes, this cartoon was one of my all time favorites and it did the same for me.  This, mighty max, and Saturday morning cartoons really made a difference.