RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

Quote from: TR0N on 04/24/2015, 05:21 AMPS4
Bloodborne
How are you liking it so far?

I don't really know where to go to look for reliable and effective reveiws, but from the clips and some reviews I've seen, it looks fantastic. I'm honestly considering getting a PS4 just to play this game (and The Last of Us, Rezogun, some MLB game, SFV when it comes out, etc.) but primarily Bloodborne since I could see myself really enjoying it.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2015, 11:46 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/24/2015, 05:21 AMPS4
Bloodborne
How are you liking it so far?

I don't really know where to go to look for reliable and effective reveiws, but from the clips and some reviews I've seen, it looks fantastic. I'm honestly considering getting a PS4 just to play this game (and The Last of Us, Rezogun, some MLB game, SFV when it comes out, etc.) but primarily Bloodborne since I could see myself really enjoying it.
Bloodborne is worth checking out if you're a fan of the souls series.The game has some of the souls mechanics but different enough on it's own.While there is no shield for blocking attacks you do get a pistol,which can parry most enemies.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

roflmao

I played through Pop'n Twinbee on the Super Famicom last night and uploaded the footage to YouTube.  There are links in the description to jump to each of the levels.

VenomMacbeth

I finally finished Half-Life last night.  Despite the overall awesomeness of the game, the Nihilanth is one of the worst final boss battles I've ever experienced.  It's not even that difficult, it's just super tedious & frustrating.  Took me two days to figure that shit out -_-

Oh well, now I can finally play through HL2 again.  That'll be fun.  Maybe I'll up the difficulty a little since I've beaten it so many times already.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

munchiaz

Been playing bloodborne with all my free time i have. I'm about 3 bosses in. Game is good old souls affair with enough new gameplay mechanics to make it stand out. Really enjoying my time with it so far.

MNKyDeth

TRON... There is a shield in the game you could use. But I wouldn't recommend it.

I beat Bloodborne I think 3-4 days after I bought it. Great game. I bought my PS4 exclusively for Bloodborne. Although I also bought Dark Souls 2 for the PS4 even though I already had it on PS3 and PC. It gave me two games I could enjoy on it. The rest of the games on the PS4 for me right now are pretty worthless.

I have been going back through Bloodborne trying to get all the achievements and trying to explore all the chalice dungeons. Then I will prolly go back to Dark Souls 2 and do all the achieves. I play my Duo whenever my fiance wants to do a multiplayer game as she's been hogging it lately. It's new to her and she only prefers controller with the old school layout like the NES, two button, run, select and pad. So it worked out great for her as she is getting tired of the Nes games she has.

esadajr

maybe in a couple more years the PS4 will grab my attention. In the meantime PCE, Saturn, MD, X360, etc, etc keep me happy.
Gaming since 1985

CPTBadAss

Ugh my Earthbound file somehow got wiped so instead of enjoying that, I got mad and went to start a Mario and Luigi Dream Team file.
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

TR0N

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 04/29/2015, 08:53 AMTRON... There is a shield in the game you could use. But I wouldn't recommend it.

I beat Bloodborne I think 3-4 days after I bought it. Great game. I bought my PS4 exclusively for Bloodborne. Although I also bought Dark Souls 2 for the PS4 even though I already had it on PS3 and PC. It gave me two games I could enjoy on it. The rest of the games on the PS4 for me right now are pretty worthless.

I have been going back through Bloodborne trying to get all the achievements and trying to explore all the chalice dungeons. Then I will prolly go back to Dark Souls 2 and do all the achieves. I play my Duo whenever my fiance wants to do a multiplayer game as she's been hogging it lately. It's new to her and she only prefers controller with the old school layout like the NES, two button, run, select and pad. So it worked out great for her as she is getting tired of the Nes games she has.
The wooden shield is a joke expect for blocking bullets  :wink: I'm trying to finish the chalice dungeons,before ng+ but it's driving me crazy now.
IMG

Digi.k

man I had to force myself to try and beat this game but finally did it..
Doraemon - MEIKYU DAISAKUSEN

Can't believe there are only 2 bosses throughout the 60 stages..
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/01/2015, 12:40 AMman I had to force myself to try and beat this game but finally did it..
Doraemon - MEIKYU DAISAKUSEN

Can't believe there are only 2 bosses throughout the 60 stages..
IMG
I have beaten this game sans hands using both my feet and all my toes in the controller.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 05/01/2015, 04:34 PMI have beaten this game sans hands using both my feet and all my toes in the controller.
Saving your hands for flan eating, eh?  I understand completely.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

I played "Walk my ass across town to find the only place with arcade games had closed"

FUCK

CPTBadAss

Quote from: blueraven on 05/02/2015, 01:22 AMI played "Walk my ass across town to find the only place with arcade games had closed"

FUCK
That is a terrible game. My condolences.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/01/2015, 05:06 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/01/2015, 04:34 PMI have beaten this game sans hands using both my feet and all my toes in the controller.
Saving your hands for flan eating, eh?  I understand completely.
Absolutely. I gotta make a video. The amazing thing is NOT that I beat the game using my feet, but that I  consumed more than 6 dozen KOZYSHACK containers of flan.

roflmao

I picked up U.N. Squadron for the SNES not too long ago and have been playing that a lot lately.  It was one of the first SNES games I had bitd and I remember liking it quite a bit, but a friend of mine back then stole a bunch of my games and sold them to a nearby game shop, this being one of them. :/ I finally got around to replacing it and it's been a hoot! I love how non-linear it is. For an early game it sure looks good, too!

Also have been playing the PS1 Final Fantasy Origins version of FF1.  I never played through this on the NES and it's been a lot of fun so far.  I just got the second crystal. My son enjoys watching this one as well.  They lay the random battles on pretty thick, but that's only a minor gripe.

Finally, Astro Boy: Omega Factor for the GBA.  Man, this game just gets better and better. It's so much fun.  I've been playing it in short bursts so I'm only 3-4 levels in, but I love that you can save pretty much at any time and pick back up near that spot. Really shows off what the GBA is capable of.  And it looks fantastic on a Retron 5.

I had been playing Final Soldier, but after making it to the final boss twice in a row without beating it, I've decided to take a little break.  I'm sure I'll get back to it soon, though. :)

SuperGrafx

Been playing Monument Valley

Great game, but damn is it short!

esteban

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 05/03/2015, 06:25 PMBeen playing Monument Valley

Yup. Did you get all the extra levels (like the RED one?)

Lots of fun.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: esteban on 05/04/2015, 07:57 PM

Lots of fun.
No, not yet.
I think the extra chapter is only like 8 more levels?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2015, 10:29 PMFinally, Astro Boy: Omega Factor for the GBA.  Man, this game just gets better and better. It's so much fun.  I've been playing it in short bursts so I'm only 3-4 levels in, but I love that you can save pretty much at any time and pick back up near that spot. Really shows off what the GBA is capable of.  And it looks fantastic on a Retron 5.
I'm glad you like it!
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 05/04/2015, 09:27 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/04/2015, 07:57 PM

Lots of fun.
No, not yet.
I think the extra chapter is only like 8 more levels?
Yes, 8 or 10? I forget.

There was also a RED fundraiser with extra levels, too, but I don't know if that is still available.

munchiaz

Been playing lots of bloodborne with most of my free time. I'm currently level 67 rocking the ludwig holy blade, and the blades of mercy. The game is awesome, and a nice welcome back to demon's and dark souls. DS II was very disappointing and i never even finished it.

I'm also playing Valis on PCE. I have gotten to the end 3 times but can't seem to beat the end boss. it gets pretty hard when you get to the end boss, die, and lose all your power ups

CPTBadAss

Played some Dragon Spirit last night and Mario and Luigi Dream team the night before.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/05/2015, 06:19 PMBeen playing lots of bloodborne with most of my free time. I'm currently level 67 rocking the ludwig holy blade, and the blades of mercy. The game is awesome, and a nice welcome back to demon's and dark souls. DS II was very disappointing and i never even finished it.
I completed,bloodborne main game recently.I did want to finish the chalice dungeons but after awhile it became to repetitive.So i finish the game story finally and messing around with ng+ now.
IMG

CPTBadAss

Been playing Raystorm on PS2 a lot lately (via Taito Legends 2). I really like it but I'm still learning the game.

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 05/07/2015, 02:53 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 05/05/2015, 06:19 PMBeen playing lots of bloodborne with most of my free time. I'm currently level 67 rocking the ludwig holy blade, and the blades of mercy. The game is awesome, and a nice welcome back to demon's and dark souls. DS II was very disappointing and i never even finished it.
I completed,bloodborne main game recently.I did want to finish the chalice dungeons but after awhile it became to repetitive.So i finish the game story finally and messing around with ng+ now.
I just completed the unseen village, and im off to the top of cathedral ward now.

cr8zykuban0

been playing kof 2002/2003 combo on the ps2.

also been enjoying kid icarus and loz link between worlds on 3ds

but pyramid plunder is what ive been having some good fun with. definitely a cool alternative to pac man

esteban

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 05/07/2015, 03:34 PMbeen playing kof 2002/2003 combo on the ps2.

also been enjoying kid icarus and loz link between worlds on 3ds

but pyramid plunder is what ive been having some good fun with. definitely a cool alternative to pac man
Pyramid Plunder!!!!

mackdanger

Hit the arcade yesterday and finally got to play the arcade version of Ninja Spirit. The music blasting the speakers was sweeeeeet. Today I think I will break out the CoreGrafx and play some Cadash.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

munchiaz

Im currently at the end and grinding through chalice dungeons, but the repetitiveness is defiantly beating down on me. I think im going to back up my save file to a USB drive, so i can see all the endings without having to playthrough the game to get to the end point again. I do still plan on playing some NG+ though

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/13/2015, 04:00 PM
Im currently at the end and grinding through chalice dungeons, but the repetitiveness is defiantly beating down on me. I think im going to back up my save file to a USB drive, so i can see all the endings without having to playthrough the game to get to the end point again. I do still plan on playing some NG+ though
Best thing you can do with the chalice dungeons.Unless you have others to play with in the chalices dungeons,it becomes to much of a grind.
IMG

PukeSter

This weekend I beat Luigi's Mansion. I'm actually pretty surprised how similar it is to Resident Evil!

Overall though not an incredible game, but it's more interesting than all the other Mario spinoffs.

NecroPhile

I started playing GTA Vice City Stories on the Go yesterday.  Die, hookers, die!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

My twin brother had a house warming party this past weekend. So we played a lot of fighting games with our friends. Some SF4, KOF 13, SF 3S, SC 5. It was fun times for sure. street fighter 3s is such an amazing game. The only flaws it has are that chun li and yun are way to OP.
I also played some more Bloodborne last night. Just going through more Chalice dungeons.

Grandiloquence

Hammering through Diablo 3 at the moment, very nearly completed it. Then I can break out my newly purchased Saturn and enjoy something more retro!

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/01/2015, 02:47 PMMy twin brother had a house warming party this past weekend. So we played a lot of fighting games with our friends. Some SF4, KOF 13, SF 3S, SC 5. It was fun times for sure. street fighter 3s is such an amazing game. The only flaws it has are that chun li and yun are way to OP.
I also played some more Bloodborne last night. Just going through more Chalice dungeons.
I've platinum bloodborne recently.Still with the recent patch allowing to farm for bloodrocks in the chalice dungeons,doesn't make it any better.Also if you haven't heard from software has announced a expansion for bloodborne.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 06/02/2015, 02:43 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 06/01/2015, 02:47 PMMy twin brother had a house warming party this past weekend. So we played a lot of fighting games with our friends. Some SF4, KOF 13, SF 3S, SC 5. It was fun times for sure. street fighter 3s is such an amazing game. The only flaws it has are that chun li and yun are way to OP.
I've platinum bloodborne recently.Still with the recent patch allowing to farm for bloodrocks in the chalice dungeons,doesn't make it any better.Also if you haven't heard from software has announced a expansion for bloodborne.
I just need to defeat Queen Yharnam. But i'm having a hard time with the boss of the defiled chalice because the curse causing my health to be so low. I'm also doing it in NG+

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/03/2015, 05:00 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/02/2015, 02:43 AM
I just need to defeat Queen Yharnam. But i'm having a hard time with the boss of the defiled chalice because the curse causing my health to be so low. I'm also doing it in NG+
Just a tip if you have the short root chalice it can be used as a shortcut.I just keep doing co-op until i got queen yharnam dungeon.
IMG

esadajr

Last night I tried Star Trek TNG Final Unity. Nothing super great or anything, kinda like playing an interactive TNG episode. The iso is available at the archive.org

Part of the fun was making it work under Win98. I forgot how some apps try to detect the presence of Windows. A matter of making a pif preventing the app from detecting Windows.
Gaming since 1985

munchiaz

Last night i played and beat Valis 1 on the PCE. I played this a few months back, got to the end and couldn' beat it. The game also froze on me while playing a few months ago at the end, which caused me to not play it for awhile. I started playing again this weekend, and i made it to the end again on Friday and Saturday. The game is pretty easy overall. The only hard part is the last stage, and mainly just the first form of the final boss.

Yesterday however, i was determined to beat this damn game. So i played it, got all the way to the end boss without dying once. Then it was game over screen, after game over screen. Once you die in this game, you lose most of your weapon power ups, and MP, so it just makes it even more difficult. After hitting the game over screen about 6-7 times (trying different patterns of cheesing out the 1st form of the end boss) I realized the easiest way to end this boss would be to use the sword power up and take it as slow as possible.

I was able to defeat the first form of the end boss with half of my HP left. The second form has a very distinct patter that doesn't change at all so its just a matter of surviving and getting enough damage in. I was able to beat him with 1 hit point of life left. I literally screamed "FUCK YEAH!!!" when it was all said and done.

on to the next one........

GreatBlue Swirlof99

I'm playing:
Fable (XBOX 360)
JSRF(XBOX )
Adventure Island (PCE)
SMB3(like the best game on NES so fun)
Power Stone (Dreamcast)
Quake III Arena (Dreamcast)
Sonic Adventure (yes I love the Dreamcast it's just so great!)
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

wildfruit

Castlevania : Harmony of dissonance for gba.
It's not bad but it's not great either. The music is ok but I think gba was capable of better quality. Backgrounds also a bit lacking in detail. Overall so far 7/10

esadajr

Zeroigar english patched. I like its style. Presentation, graphics, music, what's not to like about his game? (well, maybe they could have done a bit more with the sound effects). Can't wait to play more. Not sure about the gameplay mechanics, as to how do you replenish your energy (haven't checked a faq).
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Last night I was playing 4x4 Evo 2 on my original Xbox. I missed this one back in the day because I had it on the PC. What can i say? it's 4x4 Evo, one of my favorite racing games all time. I wish M$ made a Monster Truck Madness for Xbox, that would have been the shit.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 08/12/2015, 08:44 AMZeroigar english patched. I like its style. Presentation, graphics, music, what's not to like about his game? (well, maybe they could have done a bit more with the sound effects). Can't wait to play more. Not sure about the gameplay mechanics, as to how do you replenish your energy (haven't checked a faq).
Page 13-14 will help you most, but I included 9-12 to make sure I covered all the bases. :)

IMG
IMG
IMG

geise

Finally got a working sony pvm again.  Played some Soldier Blade on the Duo, then some Battle Circuit on the supergun.

BigusSchmuck

Started playing Puzzle Fighter Turbo again. Not sure if there is any real skill in this game, just seems so random. Fun game in short bursts..

esadajr

Quote from: esteban on 09/03/2015, 09:59 AM
Quote from: esadajr on 08/12/2015, 08:44 AMZeroigar english patched. I like its style. Presentation, graphics, music, what's not to like about his game? (well, maybe they could have done a bit more with the sound effects). Can't wait to play more. Not sure about the gameplay mechanics, as to how do you replenish your energy (haven't checked a faq).
Page 13-14 will help you most, but I included 9-12 to make sure I covered all the bases. :)
Gracias Esteban, this makes things more clear.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 09/03/2015, 12:11 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/03/2015, 09:59 AM
Gracias Esteban, this makes things more clear.
No problem :)

munchiaz

Metal Gear Solid V on ps4. So far the game is a big departure from the other metal gear games. This one has a open world feel, and is more focused on gameplay. The story is still there, but a lot of it is told through optional cassette tapes. Which i actually enjoy. If you want to be more involved with the story you can, if not, then you don't have to be. But anyone who have played the previous MGS games will be listening to the tapes for sure.