@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 04/28/2015, 01:51 PMWonderswan Color is worth it just for the Final Fantasy games.
I bought one way back when for the port of FF1.  I thought the funniest thing about it was that the game came with a save pre-loaded with light warriors named after the cast of Gundam Wing.  I bought all of the Square games on the platform and a few other games.  Blue Wing Blitz was an okay strategy RPG that Square never released anywhere else and I liked the ports of the first Saga and Romancing Saga games.

I always kinda wondered if the Rockman.exe games were the same as the GBA ones or not.

My one real complaint with the system was, predictably, how the system handles audio.  I don't like how you only get 4 settings for volume level and I also dislike requiring an adapter for headphones.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

CrackTiger

The sound of the WSC, if it's any different than the regular WS, is very nice though. Sounds like WSG. It was so cool to hear FFIV with proper chip tunes.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

New episode is up about game reproductions.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameSack

Dunno what's going on some damn yt update that won't allow a direct link wtf !?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2015, 11:39 AMThe sound of the WSC, if it's any different than the regular WS, is very nice though. Sounds like WSG. It was so cool to hear FFIV with proper chip tunes.
Not sure of any sound differences. But I did compare the screens as best I could between the three different versions of the Wonderswan in this video.
Playing Wonderswan games on an emulator has a tendency to smooth the games out and eliminate slowdown and flicker present on the actual hardware.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/10/2015, 03:53 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/29/2015, 11:39 AMThe sound of the WSC, if it's any different than the regular WS, is very nice though. Sounds like WSG. It was so cool to hear FFIV with proper chip tunes.
Not sure of any sound differences. But I did compare the screens as best I could between the three different versions of the Wonderswan in this video.
Playing Wonderswan games on an emulator has a tendency to smooth the games out and eliminate slowdown and flicker present on the actual hardware.
That's a great video, but you know what folks are going to say...tripod!

Considering that you shot it in one take and didn't use a tripod, that video was great :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 05/10/2015, 05:52 AMThat's a great video, but you know what folks are going to say...tripod!

Considering that you shot it in one take and didn't use a tripod, that video was great :)
Yep, was done in one take using a smart phone.
--DragonmasterDan

EvilEvoIX

Drama on XAKIII, i hope that gets worked out.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ToyMachine78

Well it seems your episode sparked great interest in Sweet Home. One seller on EBay has sold 6 copies in 24hrs.

NightWolve

Another 5,000 viewing hits within a few hours, Game Sack just racks 'em up no sweat! ;)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 05/10/2015, 07:58 PMWell it seems your episode sparked great interest in Sweet Home. One seller on EBay has sold 6 copies in 24hrs.
Repro or Famicom?

Also wasn't there a retro copy someone did in a red news cart?

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/10/2015, 08:29 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/10/2015, 07:58 PMWell it seems your episode sparked great interest in Sweet Home. One seller on EBay has sold 6 copies in 24hrs.
Repro or Famicom?

Translated repros

EvilEvoIX

Always a great episode.  Amazing quality and visual presentation.  It oozes preparation and givesafuckiveness.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

munchiaz

Repro or Famicom?

Maybe you are referring to this?
IMG

I got this from timewalk games about 3 years ago. Shitty thing was, they neglected to send me the actual game itself, just the box and the inserts. Took another 5 weeks to get the game

Medic_wheat

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/12/2015, 03:32 PM
Repro or Famicom?

IMG

I got this from timewalk games about 3 years ago. Shitty thing was, they neglected to send me the actual game itself, just the box and the inserts. Took another 5 weeks to get the game
Yeah yeah.

Isn't time walk games out of business now?

munchiaz

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/12/2015, 04:01 PM
Repro or Famicom?

IMG

Yeah yeah.

Yeah they are....... i better go get the VGA'd. But seriously, i think they were just taking to much work, and tried to be to big for their own good, Hence them forgetting my fucking game.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/12/2015, 04:07 PM
Repro or Famicom?

IMG

Yeah yeah.

Yeah they are....... i better go get the VGA'd. But seriously, i think they were just taking to much work, and tried to be to big for their own good, Hence them forgetting my fucking game.
I thought it was that they got in trouble for making their reproductions.

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/12/2015, 04:14 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 05/12/2015, 04:07 PM
Repro or Famicom?

IMG

Yeah yeah.

I thought it was that they got in trouble for making their reproductions.
The rumor was they did get in trouble with sqaurenix.Then the owner stated he didn't have the time to make repro's anymore,so timewalkgames was shutdown.
IMG

xcrement5x

Yeah, I think between the huge level of questionable stuff going on with infringement and the amount of time it took, it makes sense that they shuttered.  The had some awesome translated manuals and boxes though and I kick myself for not grabbing them before they closed. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke but hey Joe I got $10 to send you via PayPal

NightWolve

My sack, your sack, GAME SACK BRUTHAAAH!!!

Joe Redifer

It's not a joke and I'm not the one selling them. It's from My Life in Gaming.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/23/2015, 02:54 PMIt's not a joke and I'm not the one selling them. It's from My Life in Gaming.
They got any on Beta Max?

No I am ready asking as I have a beta max lol

TR0N

IMG

ClodBusted

Quote from: guest on 03/05/2015, 04:57 PMMany thanks for your OutRun video! And it's too bad that After Burner Climax isn't available anymore. I could give myself a severe kicking for not having purchased it a few months before it was taken down.
Thanks Joe for delivering another kick into my guts with your GameSack episode today.  :mrgreen:

On a rather serious note, thanks for showing love for Castlevania Rebirth and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. The sprite designer for the Scott Pilgrim game goes by the name Paul Robertson. He has a Tumblr if you're interested in more of his works, although its filled with the occasional pixel gore and nudity, so don't say didn't I warn you. And he did this lovely animation, too.

Psycho Punch

There's a game that will launch Q3 2015 but I'm sure it will never get physical discs: Yakuza 5. I don't blame SEGA/Sony since the previous entries barely sold anything in the US and Europe but come on, they did press discs of that Hatsune Miku game so why can't yakuza have physical copies too?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

CGQuarterly

That was another great episode.  I would love to see a physical release of the 3D Classics games on the 3DS.  Maybe once more of them are released?

Also, that VHS tape looks awesome.  If I ever do a "Best of CGQ-TV" release (unlikely), I'll do it on VHS.

EvilEvoIX

Man ima get me Shovel Knight.  That game looks amazing!
IMGIMGIMG

NightWolve

I have to admit, my interest was peaked with Shovel Knight. I'd like to try it some time.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/24/2015, 09:24 PMI have to admit, my interest was peaked with Shovel Knight. I'd like to try it some time.
Word on the street is Shovel Knight may soon get a physical releases, Best Buy has listings for physical copies up:
3DS
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shovel-knight-nintendo-3ds/5574214.p?id=1219653111937&skuId=5574214

They also have Xbone and PS4 if you search the site.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Far cry was one I kept holds out for a GOY release that would have all their DLC. But it never happened despite being such a success.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 05/25/2015, 01:29 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 05/24/2015, 09:24 PMI have to admit, my interest was peaked with Shovel Knight. I'd like to try it some time.
Word on the street is Shovel Knight may soon get a physical releases, Best Buy has listings for physical copies up:
3DS
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shovel-knight-nintendo-3ds/5574214.p?id=1219653111937&skuId=5574214

Ah, so Dave and Joe are getting their wish. GameSack asks, GameSack receives. :)

TR0N

3DS

Nice i can't wait for shovel knight physical release.I played it on the wii u and i all ways thought the game deserve one.
IMG

ccovell

... And finally the game is slowly starting to get publishing rumblings in Japan!  Although I worry that the 3DS is going to be obsolete by the time it gets here.

esadajr

3DS

No WiiU :(
Gaming since 1985

TR0N

Quote from: esadajr on 05/25/2015, 12:26 PM
3DS

No WiiU :(
Slowest selling console for nintendo,odd though since it got the digital version.
IMG

mickcris

xcrement5x

Quote from: mickcris on 05/28/2015, 01:52 PMturns out Shovel Knight is not getting a physical release soon:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/egads_shovel_knight_is_getting_a_physical_release_on_nintendo_3ds
It's possible, but this is the second time in a row it has come up for sale and then disappeared.  If you look at that link it's from April, the first time they added and then removed it. 

I think they're just trying to get all the digital copies monies they can, then release a physical version for those people who they know will double-dip just to have a physical copy. 

o.pwuaioc

Let me know when it come to the Dreamcast.

CrackTiger

Let me know when it comes to PC Engine or Genesis.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/28/2015, 07:42 PMLet me know when it comes to PC Engine or Genesis.
You think either can handle all that at that level? [Serious question, I really don't know.]

Joe Redifer

The designers said they envisioned it being an NES game with some helper chips. But with all of the overlapping scrolling layers they'd probably need at least a Saturn.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/28/2015, 11:30 PMThe designers said they envisioned it being an NES game with some helper chips. But with all of the overlapping scrolling layers they'd probably need at least a Saturn.
I was debating saying Saturn or Dreamcast, but no one programs for the Saturn.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/28/2015, 11:30 PMThe designers said they envisioned it being an NES game with some helper chips. But with all of the overlapping scrolling layers they'd probably need at least a Saturn.
Maybe a Genesis but I agree there is a lot going on.
IMGIMGIMG

xcrement5x

This is a neat little read on some of the dev process that went on with Shovel Knight, there are a couple other entries on Gama about Shovel Knight from the author as well if interested.  I would really like to play the game personally, but I rarely purchase anything digital.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidDAngelo/20140625/219383/Breaking_the_NES_for_Shovel_Knight.php

NightWolve

CrackTiger

Arcade ports were technically impossible for 16-bit gen consoles bitd, but we got lots anyways. Shovel Knight would be less of a stretch for MD/PCE from what I've seen. If some sections only have 8 lsyers of psrallax instead of 12, it's not a big deal. Playing a game on real 16-bit hardware with chip tunes would be a big deal though.

What I saw in preview videos definitely looked beyond all existing and potential-within-a-few-more-years NES add-on chips, but not unreasonable for MD/PCE. If ports were handled by typical average 16-bit gen developers with tunnel vision who can only be bothered or are only capable of scrolling tile layers in uncreative ways, then yeah, they'd need a PSX/Saturn. Unless I never got to see some particular parallax examples in SK, then a reasonably facsimile could be pulled off that wouldn't look different to the average person, unless they compared them side by side.

The idea of playing a modern computer game with faux retro dressing on modern hardware doesn't appeal to me. Playing even a compromised version on 16-bit consoles would be completely different.

ToyMachine78

Shovel Knight is a fantastic game. I bought it a couple of weeks before this episode and couldn't be happier. If you like Mega man and duck tales you'll love it.

Otaking

I finally bought Sovel Knight on the 3DS a few days ago. I've kept meaning to buy it since it's release as it's had loads of rave reveiws and talked about with such high regard. I've only done four stages but from what I've seen so far, graphically it looked like it could easily be done on a SNES or Genesis. Saying it requires atleast a Saturn I can't see it myself, am I missing something?
I really like and fully support the idea of new 2D sprite based games, but so far Shove Knight hasn't really grabbed me. Maybe it's because I've never been a huge Mega Man fan and I find it a similar gameplay to that, I'm not sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/30/2015, 08:28 AMI finally bought Sovel Knight on the 3DS a few days ago. I've kept meaning to buy it since it's release as it's had loads of rave reveiws and talked about with such high regard. I've only done four stages but from what I've seen so far, graphically it looked like it could easily be done on a SNES or Genesis. Saying it requires atleast a Saturn I can't see it myself, am I missing something?
I really like and fully support the idea of new 2D sprite based games, but so far Shove Knight hasn't really grabbed me. Maybe it's because I've never been a huge Mega Man fan and I find it a similar gameplay to that, I'm not sure.
I gotta buy this game. My daughter has a 3DS, but I don't think we have ever used the digital marketplace.

Anyway, between all the positive things, I listened to a bunch of songs from this game (again!) and decided that I have to get the damn the game.

The problem, of course, is that my daughter and I would then be competing for 3DS. I'd be yelling: "POKEMON IS A WASTE OF TIME. LET ME PLAY SHOVEL KNIGHT!."

And she would reply: "OK. I'LL PLAY SHOVEL KNIGHT, THEN."

And then I would mumble: "Damn."
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 05/30/2015, 10:28 AM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/30/2015, 08:28 AMI finally bought Sovel Knight on the 3DS a few days ago. I've kept meaning to buy it since it's release as it's had loads of rave reveiws and talked about with such high regard. I've only done four stages but from what I've seen so far, graphically it looked like it could easily be done on a SNES or Genesis. Saying it requires atleast a Saturn I can't see it myself, am I missing something?
I gotta buy this game. My daughter has a 3DS, but I don't think we have ever used the digital marketplace.

Anyway, between all the positive things, I listened to a bunch of songs from this game (again!) and decided that I have to get the damn the game.

The problem, of course, is that my daughter and I would then be competing for 3DS. I'd be yelling: "POKEMON IS A WASTE OF TIME. LET ME PLAY SHOVEL KNIGHT!."

And she would reply: "OK. I'LL PLAY SHOVEL KNIGHT, THEN."

And then I would mumble: "Damn."
Yeh I used my 5 year old daughters 3DS to play the game, I don't have one myself. It was the first time I had connected it to the internet and used the 3DS download store. I thought Shovel Knight was really exspensive, I'm used to buying much cheaper digital download games on my iPad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.